Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

That selfie <3 there's something about it that screams couple to me, and I agree with people that said it reminds them of Singapore. Might be how good they look, or just the complete lack of space between them altogether, it looks like Phil has his arm like behind Dan and I'm here for that :garbage:

I'm really excited for this PINOF. Last year it was already great and we had just entered the post-baking uuniverse, I'm really curious to see if this year it'll be even more noticeable how close and relaxed they let themselves be on camera. I'm kind of getting hopeful for pinof1 vibes
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
dansnose
delia smith
Pronouns: she/ her

deppy truly killed personal space in 2017 it stop existing damn.
i hope they don’t upload tonight since i’ll be heading to/ at the airport around the usual upload time but tomorrow could be perfect.
i don’t know what to expect from pinof and i rather keep my expectations low and be surprised than already deciding it’ll be epic and potentially being let down (lol as if)
my only concern is the shoebox and how they’re gonna be able to move around?
but after the rollercoaster that 2017 was im really intrigued to see What Will Happen <3

edit: typo oops
sunshinias
spork

relatablemood wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:04 am Hey don't want to derail, but I thought of something. If the reason Dan and Phil haven't come out as a couple is partly or wholly due to wanting to further/maintain their careers, wouldn't that mean they wouldn't come out now? Before this new tour, I mean, and then during the tour, where they could be some intolerant brats/bible basher parents who would pull out. Or maybe they'll just keep leaving massive hints til' there's no doubt on anyone's mind that they're a couple, but casual viewers or parents ( don't mean to generalise here if you're a parent/older person. I'm talking about a certain number of people here) wouldn't know that. If not..... 2019 coming out? :shrug:
Theoretically, they could come out for pinof 10, if they wanted to do it after the tour. I'm not convinced they would, but we have a whole year to get to that point. :shrug:
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
OhItsElliott
drama llama
Pronouns: He/him

relatablemood wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:04 am Hey don't want to derail, but I thought of something. If the reason Dan and Phil haven't come out as a couple is partly or wholly due to wanting to further/maintain their careers, wouldn't that mean they wouldn't come out now? Before this new tour, I mean, and then during the tour, where they could be some intolerant brats/bible basher parents who would pull out. Or maybe they'll just keep leaving massive hints til' there's no doubt on anyone's mind that they're a couple, but casual viewers or parents ( don't mean to generalise here if you're a parent/older person. I'm talking about a certain number of people here) wouldn't know that. If not..... 2019 coming out? :shrug:
I'm definitely on team continue to drop massive hints if they do ever come out as a couple. Much how Dan & to a certain extent Phil, have asserted their general queerness particularly in 2017.

If​ they did choose to come out as a couple, I can see it as either being an advantage (more exposure for them = more ticket sales) or disadvantage (for conservative parents banning their kids from being exposed to a life of sin and filth though if they're on Tumblr the kids are probs already there) before tour. In my mind there would be waaay more praise than backlash. Though I also really don't see them doing it maybe ever, unless they're leaving yt and are moving out of the spotlight into eventual long-term careers.

ALSO I'M SO HYPED FOR PINOF9!!! :whiskers: :woohoo: :cheer:
kavat
pastel persona

The bolded bart, I think that's what's happening now and has been going on for the past year (maybe since the BONCAs). Slow and steady they have been lowering their walls and letting us in. Not disputing a comment about them being married, planning for what pastries they will have next Christmas, it's all a part of the plan. And it's so lovely to watch :love1:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’m on team they’ll never say anything unless they absolutely have to, even if they adopt a child they can still just say nothing cos it’ll be obvious so why say anything. Only if someone said it in a newspaper or something and backed them into a horrible corner then I expect they’d want to say something from their side, otherwise they’ve said they like their privacy, they drop hints that some of us think are meaningful enough to be 99% sure about it and no one else is so interested. People they work with casually might wonder, but will be professional and polite enough not to ask, though there might be whispered gossip.

:love1: the selfie, they look so intense and mysterious about it. I’m here for Dan holding the pen in his teeth any day of the week. I hope they’ve still done things that need some space and made it work.

Dan’s liveshow endeared to him so much, heck they always do. I wasn’t here for his “wait for old people to die” that was fricking awful and he’s said it before. As a self-appointed Dan’s honorary big sister :sideeye: He seemed more open and relaxed in general even than usual, though that may have been me just feeling better than I was a few weeks ago.
autumnhearth
senpai

obscureDnPreference wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:40 am I'm so excited after seeing that selfie. I like that it implies Dan drew the whiskers on Phil with the sharpie in his mouth.

I'm hopeful they wait until Friday so there aren't several hundred thousand American fans running away from their family Thanksgiving celebrations. Though I like that visual :rofl:
I am so here for that theory. It explains the thin shakey whiskers on Phil’s face and the short thick whiskers on Dan’s. I was seriously side eyeing them for how bad they are. :sideeye:

I prefer the image of American teens scrambling for their phones during their Black Friday shopping to watch. :lol:

Re: coming out before/during/after tour. While I’m still sadly on team ‘maybe never’ I do want to reassert that I think it probably has nothing to do with ticket sales vs bible thumping parents; however, homophobic laws in certain countries (Russia and Singapore) would be a strong deterrent.

Since I’m awake at 5am for no reason and many of you have recently done a PINOF marathon, does anyone else get an intense sense of relief when PINOF 6 plays? I think I’ve been vocal about my uncomfortableness with 4, but I didn’t realize until recently that 5 still feels off. 6 feels like a breath of fresh air. Like there is the Dan and Phil I know and love. And well, it makes sense now.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

LadyLackless wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:31 am I had an actual dream about pinof9. Got the notification while I was on the train, squeed, clicked to open.... and my alarm went off just as I clicked to load the video! Gah!
I dreamt that I was at the Amsterdam show but I woke up right when the pre-show act (15 girls dressed up as Elsa dabbing on stage?) ended and Dan and Phil emerged dressed up like Star Wars character and being silly about the light sabers.
I neither like Disney nor Star Wars... my brain is weird :shrug:

Time for a PINOF marathon <3
DatCog
blobfish

Did a quick PINOF marathon while eating my breakfast this morning so I'm all prepared for 9! I think I'm particularly hormonal at the moment but watching PINOF 1 just makes me feel so mushy inside, knowing it was filmed just a day after they met for the first time :love1:

I agree with autumnhearth that they seem to get back on track around 6. I have high expectations for 9 so I'm trying to prepare myself for disappointment! Hope it's another 10+ minutes and we get to see the bloops at a later date (perhaps another Christmas treat!)
liola
rankussy

Agree, pinof 4 and 5 were kinda forced and I can only watch them if I'm doing a marathon.

As I've said before I'm on team "they will come out one day" but by that I don't mean via video or anything like that. I just imagine something undeniable like a picture holding hands or something. Subtle but without denying a confirmation.

I forgot Phil is supposed to be travelling, do we think the video is dropping in place of Phil's liveshow? I hope so but also I guess they know it's thanksgiving and most of their audience wouldn't be free to watch
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Thanks for giving me false hope Louise :sideeye:
:biheart:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I agree with people saying that pinofs 4&5 were weaker.

Though, for some reason I've never liked pinof 7 and I've never met anyone else who thought that.
It's probably just because I was in my hugest phannie phase when I first saw it and was expecting it to be some big momentous thing because I'd never been around for another pinof.

Not sure why I still don't like it, maybe it just brings back memories of awkwardly sitting next to my parents during the salsa scene
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

I think my favorite pinof is the first one. It seems most natural and it's just full off that "I'm really excited to be with this person!!“ glow. From 6 to 8 they are fine but sometimes they make me cringe so much. Like I know it's supposed to be jokey and not serious but the salsa fic thing is my least favorite thing ever, i can't even watch it for the second hand embarrassment.

I like it how the conversation keeps going back to coming out. Also the tone is not "are they or aren't they", it's "if they ever want to come out", which is. Wow. Good job on that, guys. I'm not sure, I think that they either just keep on hinting and not denying or somewhere in 2025 when maybe yt is dying out and they have some other jobs, they might come out "officially".

I'm just curious, is Phil the oldest still active youtuber (that goes to cons and tours and has an active fanbase) or is there some others? I don't really know that many youtubers tbh and I'm not invested enough to know any ages but I've been wondering what age is like the retirement age of youtube. I don't believe Phil is gonna stop anytime soon, but as a person in their early twenties and having a bit of a career crisis going on, it's interesting to me that how older people thab me act and do their lives and stuff. I seriously though that being 30 meant that you are An Adult™ and did only adult things like start a family and stuff, but for the last couple of months I have been struck by the reality that most of the time I'm the more adult in some situations that all the 25 to 35 years old people around me. :lol: that's a bit off topic, but it has just made me think of Phil's age and what's going to happen in future.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Off the top of my head, GloZell’s 45, Wheezy Waiter is 37, there’s John, 40, and Hank Green, 37 and I’m sure there are more. All of them have kids, as it happens. My curiosity is piqued now, I might have to go scroll through my subs list and try not to fall down the rabbithole of all their related channels to see who else I can find (that’s a great way of finding new people, just try not to watch too much of each person before deciding if you like them).
mm_sunny1993
spork

Hmm right now I would just be able to name some german youtubers Gronkh, 40 Sarazar, 33, joyce ilg, 34 and lefloid, 30. They are amongst the biggest youtubers in germany and also go to conventions sometimes. They are all in relationships but that's all.

I'm quite sure that there isn't really a retirement age on youtube. I feel like most stop doing youtube when their channels are slowly dying or they are not earning enough. I doubt that one of the big youtubers now will be doing youtube until they are 50 or so but as long as they still have success they will most likely do it as their main job.
anenergetic
spork
Pronouns: he/him

kavat wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:34 am
The bolded bart, I think that's what's happening now and has been going on for the past year (maybe since the BONCAs). Slow and steady they have been lowering their walls and letting us in. Not disputing a comment about them being married, planning for what pastries they will have next Christmas, it's all a part of the plan. And it's so lovely to watch :love1:
I feel like this is def the route they are taking right now. it's already pretty much gotten to the point where it's hard to dispute. I love seeing them all comfortable and open again. It's truly wonderful.
gay :prideflag:
bantstrash
delia smith

auri wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:19 pm I'm just curious, is Phil the oldest still active youtuber (that goes to cons and tours and has an active fanbase) or is there some others? I don't really know that many youtubers tbh and I'm not invested enough to know any ages but I've been wondering what age is like the retirement age of youtube. I don't believe Phil is gonna stop anytime soon, but as a person in their early twenties and having a bit of a career crisis going on, it's interesting to me that how older people thab me act and do their lives and stuff. I seriously though that being 30 meant that you are An Adult™ and did only adult things like start a family and stuff, but for the last couple of months I have been struck by the reality that most of the time I'm the more adult in some situations that all the 25 to 35 years old people around me. :lol: that's a bit off topic, but it has just made me think of Phil's age and what's going to happen in future.
Well Rhett and Link are 40/39 and John and Hank Green are both older although both those pairs have a more expanded business than Phil they are still successful youtubers. Not that I’m enjoying what Rhett and Link have done with their channel recently mind you...
anenergetic
spork
Pronouns: he/him

bantstrash wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:16 pm
auri wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:19 pm I'm just curious, is Phil the oldest still active youtuber (that goes to cons and tours and has an active fanbase) or is there some others? I don't really know that many youtubers tbh and I'm not invested enough to know any ages but I've been wondering what age is like the retirement age of youtube. I don't believe Phil is gonna stop anytime soon, but as a person in their early twenties and having a bit of a career crisis going on, it's interesting to me that how older people thab me act and do their lives and stuff. I seriously though that being 30 meant that you are An Adult™ and did only adult things like start a family and stuff, but for the last couple of months I have been struck by the reality that most of the time I'm the more adult in some situations that all the 25 to 35 years old people around me. :lol: that's a bit off topic, but it has just made me think of Phil's age and what's going to happen in future.
Well Rhett and Link are 40/39 and John and Hank Green are both older although both those pairs have a more expanded business than Phil they are still successful youtubers. Not that I’m enjoying what Rhett and Link have done with their channel recently mind you...
What have they done w/ there channel? I haven't seen it in a while so idk what's going on.

Also, did deppy ever return the iron lungs trophy?
gay :prideflag:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

obscureDnPreference wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:40 am I like that it implies Dan drew the whiskers on Phil with the sharpie in his mouth.
Not too unlikely! There are fitting requests, for example:
(Found via Twitter search; no idea who she is)
I'm excited!!
malday
emo goose

The PINOF9 selfie is cute, but i don't get more couply vibes (would love to be proven wrong, though), it's on par with the rest of the other pinof selfies.
auri, Jenna Marbles is 31 and she's still one of the most popular women on the platform.
fancybum
senpai

Well if it’s going up today, can we do the prediction thing? Like ‘Dan will screech/Phil will quiff up’. I just want to read other people’s bc I’ve got nothing. I will say what I want to see: any use whatsoever of the terrifying Dil head. What I don’t want: singing or screeching (but knowing Dan we’ll get both at once and I’ve got a headache already..)
malday wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:29 pm The PINOF9 selfie is cute, but i don't get more couply vibes (would love to be proven wrong, though), it's on par with the rest of the other pinof selfies.
Yeah the picture’s on par with the others, the main difference being they both look better than ever? Clothes and hair on point :thanks:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
dancy
procrastinator

Colleen aka Miranda Sings is 31 years old and is also touring. A bunch of creators who are going to Vidcon are also >30, like Hannah Hart, Casey Neistat, Rosanna Pansino, MatPat, iJustine etc!

In regards to coming out, personally I can't see them doing it any time soon because of the tour and stuff. Even after the tour, I have a hard time imagining them coming out tbh. I just can't see them "announcing" their relationship bc people would make a big deal of it, bc it would draw a lot of unwanted attention and bc it could lead to backlash.

I know majority of us believe they're together but there are still plenty of viewers who don't and who see them as purely platonic. In fact, I think there are more people who think they're not in a relationship than people who do think they are. D&P being in a relationship could absolutely come as a surprise to people, no matter how many times you talk about them dropping hints (bc not everyone watches live show, not everybody pays attention well enough etc.).
bee
phabergé

PINOF predictions (mind you I've not seen any twitter suggestions so I'm probably wayyy off):

- something with lady door/male exit
- talking about dogs/having a dog
- something something Stranger Things?
- hopefully no screeching yes please don't
- probably something about kinks (I'm thinking food-related)
- tense excitedness/borderline uncomfortableness (though that'd probably be me, watching it)
- comment about Phil poking Dan's eye out
- comment about how long they've been doing this/being old
- something about their 'new' house (Phil has to stand on the glass thing?)

That's about all I've got atm.
felucca
truth bomb

alch wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:53 pm I agree with people saying that pinofs 4&5 were weaker.

Though, for some reason I've never liked pinof 7 and I've never met anyone else who thought that.
It's probably just because I was in my hugest phannie phase when I first saw it and was expecting it to be some big momentous thing because I'd never been around for another pinof.
Nah it's ok, I hated pinof 7 too. Too much screeching and not enough charm. It's my least favourite and the only one other than 5 (which I agree is a bit weak) I never rewatch.

I not-so-secretly love pinof 4 - it's fun! - and don't really get why everyone seems so averse to it. Didn't Dan himself say it's his personal fave in a liveshow once? On a train now but I'll look it up once I get home, pretty sure I saved that timestamp.
Last edited by felucca on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

auri wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:19 pm
I'm just curious, is Phil the oldest still active youtuber (that goes to cons and tours and has an active fanbase) or is there some others? I don't really know that many youtubers tbh and I'm not invested enough to know any ages but I've been wondering what age is like the retirement age of youtube.
so i totally misunderstood this to be about channel age, not creator age. which i still wouldn't know the answer, but might be a more useful metric? like do channels die/get abandoned after 8/9/10 years? or are there still folks around whose channels came before AmazingPhil? idk, but maybe that's a more useful way to look at it, since people have mentioned so many grown up yters.

i'm zazzed for pinof, it's my fave. agree with folks about 4, 5, and 7 -7 wasn't so much forced as it was nervous?? idk, it has this over-acting feeling to it that i can't explain, like "and now we going to be ourselves again, so let's dial it up to 10 trillion". or maybe dan just drank a entire pot of coffee before filming, who knows
Last edited by VengefulBlue on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.