Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

PINOF prediction: cheese dress (or some other outfit/item from Phil's dress up video)
bee
phabergé

DatCog wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:34 pm PINOF prediction: cheese dress (or some other outfit/item from Phil's dress up video)
YES.
fancybum
senpai

DatCog wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:34 pm PINOF prediction: cheese dress (or some other outfit/item from Phil's dress up video)
Ok but: cheese dress with the Dil head and that’ll be my nightmares sorted for the rest of year. If this doesn’t happen I’m unsubscribing.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
malday
emo goose

PINOF9 predictions: tour spon (since Phil hasn't spon it yet in a main channel video).
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

malday wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:49 pm PINOF9 predictions: tour spon (since Phil hasn't spon it yet in a main channel video).
it's gonna be 10 minutes long video, with 6 mins of actual pinof and the rest is just spon.
sunshinias
spork

I think maybe something with the cuddle sweater; there were lots of suggestions for it (wear the cuddle sweater for the next question, do the macarena in the cuddle sweater).

Also, I saw a lot of people wanting Dan to straighten his hair one last time, does anyone have opinions on that? Personally I wouldn't want that :shrug:
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

felucca wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:31 pm
alch wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:53 pm I agree with people saying that pinofs 4&5 were weaker.

Though, for some reason I've never liked pinof 7 and I've never met anyone else who thought that.
It's probably just because I was in my hugest phannie phase when I first saw it and was expecting it to be some big momentous thing because I'd never been around for another pinof.
Nah it's ok, I hated pinof 7 too. Too much screeching and not enough charm. It's my least favourite and the only one other than 5 (which I agree is a bit weak) I never rewatch.

I not-so-secretly love pinof 4 - it's fun! - and don't really get why everyone seems so averse to it. Didn't Dan himself say it's his personal fave in a liveshow once? On a train now but I'll look it up once I get home, pretty sure I saved that timestamp.
I don't like 5, 6, or 7, and 4 is my second-fave (after the first pinof, ofc). I loved Dan-in-a-wig (and there's even better Dan-in-a-wig in the bloopers--was that the first year they did bloopers?).

I think a lot of what I don't like about later pinofs is that it seems the questions are trying so hard--which they are!--to reveal the ship, to get the asker noticed, to push the envelope. And of course Deppy feel the pressure to live up to all the hype. The earlier pinofs are endearing because they are so much more low key.

I was surprised I liked 8 as much as I did last year, given I hadn't liked anything after 4. But being around to get it live definitely added to the fun :tu: .
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
DatCog
blobfish

sunshinias wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:04 pm
Also, I saw a lot of people wanting Dan to straighten his hair one last time, does anyone have opinions on that? Personally I wouldn't want that :shrug:
Nope, I'm all about the curls and have no need to see his straightened hair, even for one last time! I'd guess his fringe would be really long straightened which might be an amusing look I suppose :)
Ablissa
pastel persona

I hate tweets like this from Dan, because I always worry about him, and he's probably hopefully joking, but I still worry about him.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

YouTube retirement doesn't tend to happen because of age. Some quit because they're done with the platform (Bryony would be a good example of that) and others see their numbers going down so much that they don't have much of a choice but to search for another career. I think there are more popular people around Phil's age (let's say late twenties and early thirties) on YouTube than ever actually, mostly people who have aged with the site.
VengefulBlue wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:32 pm
auri wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:19 pm
I'm just curious, is Phil the oldest still active youtuber (that goes to cons and tours and has an active fanbase) or is there some others? I don't really know that many youtubers tbh and I'm not invested enough to know any ages but I've been wondering what age is like the retirement age of youtube.
so i totally misunderstood this to be about channel age, not creator age. which i still wouldn't know the answer, but might be a more useful metric? like do channels die/get abandoned after 8/9/10 years? or are there still folks around whose channels came before AmazingPhil? idk, but maybe that's a more useful way to look at it, since people have mentioned so many grown up yters.
Some do, some don't. Smosh, Shane Dawson, Ryan Higa, Philip Defranco are examples of old channels that still do pretty great (or at least moderately well). Hell there are even channels that I thought would be dead rn who still pull in the views. Other top channels like charlieissocoollike, Davedays, WhatTheBuck struggle along or are half abandoned (I think Buck has finally retired now, good for him cause it was getting sad to watch). Or even channels that were never top but were always just kinda there.. anyone looked at Catrific's numbers lately? They're tragique.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ablissa
pastel persona

Guess I'm not going anywhere tomorrow, running straight home after work :lol:
Catallena wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:31 pm Or even channels that were never top but were always just kinda there.. anyone looked at Catrific's numbers lately? They're tragique.
Yeah, 3-9k views per video... How saaaad... :roll:
auri

I was hoping for pinof today but I guess tomorrow is..... fine..... What else would I do on Friday night than watch two adult men in cat whiskers haha. I'm sad tho that this means no video today at all right?
Flomy
sofa crease

Looking forward to pinof! I never have any plans in Friday so I will be here all evening. :mrgreen: I thought Dan said that Phil wouldn't do a ls today because he was away but now he's nose deep into editing? Either way I'm fine with no liveshow, I love the gaming livestreams too. <3
fancybum
senpai

Bastards :sideeye:
I bet he’s already done the edit but just wants to let the Americans enjoy their dead birds, harrumph.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Thank god for pinof being on a day I have nothing to do - I'll be able to sit and wait for the notification until my eyes bleed
fondsmiles
phabergé

omg I have been binge watching old AP videos (by old I mean, from the past year) since yesterday and ... those two humans are just bliss. I love them. I am so hyped for pinof. I am screeching internally looking at the selfie. aaah I can't wait for tomorrow!

I am also on team: they will get a dog after the world tour, and that's why they won't tour again. dog and a family perhaps, hopefully. let me live vicariously please, I am an adult I need you to be MORE adult now so that I can yearn through you after those dreams I can't yet fulfil.
[x]
[x]
allsaintshowell

just remembered i have an eye appointment at 1:30pm and might have to get my eyes dilated... if i can't watch my first ever pinof because my eyes are messed up, i might actually cry.

btw, happy thanksgiving to any other 'mericans out there! i'm thankful for the black friday sale they just announced and pinof.
Image Image
Ribona
crusty sponge

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb2cHncBdkr/
I wish I could buy some Christmas merch, but alas I am very broke ahah
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

Ribona wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:24 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb2cHncBdkr/
same. if only they had put the xmas stuff up at the beginning of november, or hadn't announced the tour yet - i spent all my money on tickets already.
fondsmiles
phabergé

fondsmiles wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:50 pm omg I have been binge watching old AP videos (by old I mean, from the past year) since yesterday and ...
quoting myself for this riveting find:
in the moving out video, phil wears the same combination of socks as he did in his tweet a few days ago.
does phil not actually choose his socks by random? is there actually a theme behind all of them? does he care more deeply and profoundly about his sock fashion choices than any of us could have ever imagined? is all this "i just wear whatever socks i like" only distraction from much... much bigger things, vastly deeper emotions? :illuminati:
tune in to idb next week to hear all about the newest, exciting conspiracies in the life of dan and phil.
[x]
[x]
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

fondsmiles wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:49 pm
fondsmiles wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:50 pm omg I have been binge watching old AP videos (by old I mean, from the past year) since yesterday and ...
quoting myself for this riveting find:
in the moving out video, phil wears the same combination of socks as he did in his tweet a few days ago.
does phil not actually choose his socks by random? is there actually a theme behind all of them? does he care more deeply and profoundly about his sock fashion choices than any of us could have ever imagined? is all this "i just wear whatever socks i like" only distraction from much... much bigger things, vastly deeper emotions? :illuminati:
tune in to idb next week to hear all about the newest, exciting conspiracies in the life of dan and phil.
yes he does actually!!
<3 i love him so much
fondsmiles
phabergé

VengefulBlue wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:08 pm yes he does actually!!
<3 i love him so much
I had seen this tweet, but figured it was more a witty reply after the thing itself! but maybe he actually does think up themes for his socks. that's just precious.
[x]
[x]
Ribona
crusty sponge

VengefulBlue wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:30 pm
Ribona wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:24 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb2cHncBdkr/
same. if only they had put the xmas stuff up at the beginning of november, or hadn't announced the tour yet - i spent all my money on tickets already.
Exactly! They should have put it up at the same time as the advent calendar or sooner in my opinion.
karma_yeah
philussy

Ewok wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:56 pm How fitting that they’re both wearing black. They’re both adequately dressed for my funeral, taking place right after they release pinof 9.

But seriously they both look so good. :drool:
Agreed! I'm having a serious internal debate at the moment: Dan's hair or Phil's eyes? For me it's a toss up!
What goes around, comes around Image
karma_yeah
philussy

fancybum wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:33 pm Bastards :sideeye:
I bet he’s already done the edit but just wants to let the Americans enjoy their dead birds, harrumph.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(sorry to double post)
What goes around, comes around Image