Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

i want them to stay on with sims! i agree they've gotten a bit boring, but that could easily be fixed if they go back to trying to accomplish things - make dil pursue his aspiration, get dab to have good grades and actual friends, train the puppy. it doesn't even have to be wild or dramatic, just get some kind of goal again (tho if they wanted drama that would also be v chill).

i'll be honest, I'm glad they aren't a "real" gaming channel, bc the idea of "casual" vs "real" games is elitist bs with sexist and ableist roots bc i like games that are appropriate to watch with my young niece&nephew, and i like sims in general. it's the reason i came back to watching deppy. i want them to make videos that are fun for them, and sims seems to be one of those things.
karma_yeah
philussy

I definitely don't want to see them end the Sims. Don't get me wrong, I'm not entranced by it's captivating gameplay :rofl: I just like seeing them interact in a (virtual) domestic world.

And add me to team kitten/cat! Love, love, love kittens!! NOTHING is cuter than kittens!!! no kitten emoji? :(

One of the first videos my daughter convinced me to watch was their visit to the cat shelter, and it got me hooked. Then I started watching their videos in chronological order (don't judge me), and their energy and the way they behaved with one another reminded me of fluffy kittens playing.

Especially the time they were in someone's brief blog and they were chasing each other, and when they went to Jamaica (I think) and were play fighting on a raft trying to push each other in. It looked like kitten behavior to me. The fondness for one another was so pure. TLDR Personal revelation: Oh, so that's how I got hooked . . . nothing is cuter than kittens, they reminded me of kittens -- yeah, that makes sense.

Anyway, I digress, I agree with a couple of other folks who said they could have watched them take more time reacting to the dog breeds and creating their dog. They just both seemed sooo happy!! (if 2 men's ovaries could explode, their's would have)

So if you're lurking :deppy: , I understand Phil's IRL allergies, but as someone else said, Dil can't inherit them, so no reason the Howlter's can't get a kitten too. Give the fans what they want. :thumb:
What goes around, comes around Image
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Ablissa wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:37 pm Reading these posts I get the feeling I'm in the minority in not wanting them to end The Sims. I'm not saying it's super exciting, but I watch their videos for them, not for the game - and their Sims videos always bring some nice Deppy content. I don't think they're that bored with it themselves just yet, they seem attached to the series, and I watch everything they put out, so I don't really care.

I think we have to face the fact that they are NOT some top notch big gamers and they will never be that. Maybe they play a lot of stuff in their spare time, but they don't share that with us and I don't think they ever will. They play whatever they think is suitable for the channel, and as long as they get views, I doubt that will change.

The one thing I would like to see them do in the Sims is to do something a bit more crazy just for the sake of seeing their reactions. Have Tabitha cheat on Dil, have Dil become a vampire, I don't know. Just something outside of the happy family box they've got now. :D But yeah, I like their Sims series, as long as they don't do another Dragon City I will be happy :lol:
I agree I love the sims series because it’s familiar and if Iv got along day of cleaning I will put the series on in The background as commentary. Even when I was a casual fan of the gaming channel it was the only thing I’d watch and I loved the dynamic of the videos because of the random things they talk about while still learning to play the game and it was very much them just having casual chilled conversations and wasn’t overthought. It wasn’t so much over reacted with and purposely planned.
I do think that now they have played the game for 3 years it’s changed a lot and I wish it went back to the chilled Just going into the gaming instead of them pushing the characters to do things they want.

I think it’s a lil selfish when people say they want it to end because a lot of people still like them playing the game and if they both still like playing it then I want them to carry it on. But if they themselves did start to dislike it I would say just end it.
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Yep put us down as another family that loves the Sims series. It was the gateway drug to deppy for my husband.

karma_yeah I love your comparison of young deppy to kittens!

Though I’m not sure if anyone has stated it outright or just implied it, but what Phil wants in dog (loyalty and wanting constant affection) plus why Dan is a dog person, sounds an awful lot like their relationship to each other. ;)
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

VengefulBlue wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:12 pm i'll be honest, i'm glad they aren't a "real" gaming channel, bc the idea of "casual" vs "real" games is elitist bs with sexist and ableist roots bc i like games that are appropriate to watch with my young niece&nephew, and i like sims in general. it's the reason i came back to watching deppy. i want them to make videos that are fun for them, and sims seems to be one of those things.
off-topic:
i missed the editing window but i wanted to explain my "casual" vs "real" comment
there's 4 or 5 tweets following that one :)
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

VengefulBlue wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:53 pm
VengefulBlue wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:12 pm i'll be honest, i'm glad they aren't a "real" gaming channel, bc the idea of "casual" vs "real" games is elitist bs with sexist and ableist roots bc i like games that are appropriate to watch with my young niece&nephew, and i like sims in general. it's the reason i came back to watching deppy. i want them to make videos that are fun for them, and sims seems to be one of those things.
off-topic:
i missed the editing window but i wanted to explain my "casual" vs "real" comment
:stan: :stan: :stan:

I love games and consider myself a gamer, but also, in reality... I've had a stroke and my hand/eye coordination isn't good, my reaction times are crap. So I don't actually play many games, I have my husband play them for me. (I tell him where to go while he controls everything) Does that mean I'm not a gamer? No.

Dip and Pip playing flash games are still games. Why does it "not count" when it's flash? Someone still spent time on it, they enjoyed it. What's the problem?

I also echo what others have said about them probably want to keep some game experiences to themselves. I imagine that's why they don't do the long livestreams of them playing a game. It's hard to keep up the persona for that long, playing unedited. They like to keep the line of professional and private pretty firm, and that would be hard to hold up for three hours in a stream.
onetruetrash
blobfish

off-topic:
I know I quit this site, but every once in a while I decide to take a look and once I saw this I just had to respond. I know people aren't gonna like what I have to say, but oh well.

You've completely misinterpreted what people mean when they say they want Dan and Phil to play real video games. People just want them to play games with serious storylines like Life is Strange. They play a lot of flash games and lighthearted games, which is fine, but they never play any video games where you can really get immersed. It has nothing to do with being elitist, ableist, or sexist. And since when do video games have genders?
Ewok
rainbow nerd

onetruetrash wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:34 pm
off-topic:
I know I quit this site, but every once in a while I decide to take a look and once I saw this I just had to respond. I know people aren't gonna like what I have to say, but oh well.

You've completely misinterpreted what people mean when they say they want Dan and Phil to play real video games. People just want them to play games with serious storylines like Life is Strange. They play a lot of flash games and lighthearted games, which is fine, but they never play any video games where you can really get immersed. It has nothing to do with being elitist, ableist, or sexist. And since when do video games have genders?
I understand what VengefulBlue is saying that gamer culture is oversaturated with sexist and ableist behavior and attitudes, especially when it comes to casual/mobile gaming, but I do agree that the people who complain that they want "real" games on the gaming channel just want to watch D&P follow a storyline and want something with more depth & viscosity. I don't think it's necessarily an attack on flash games not being "real" enough.

Either way I'm hot garbage and I'll watch whatever they slap on the gaming channel so :shrug:

Anyway while I'm here talking about gaming - I hope we get a livestream today. :)
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
mm_sunny1993
spork

Ablissa wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:37 pm Reading these posts I get the feeling I'm in the minority in not wanting them to end The Sims. I'm not saying it's super exciting, but I watch their videos for them, not for the game - and their Sims videos always bring some nice Deppy content. I don't think they're that bored with it themselves just yet, they seem attached to the series, and I watch everything they put out, so I don't really care.

I think we have to face the fact that they are NOT some top notch big gamers and they will never be that. Maybe they play a lot of stuff in their spare time, but they don't share that with us and I don't think they ever will. They play whatever they think is suitable for the channel, and as long as they get views, I doubt that will change.
That's exactly what I think as well. I like their sims videos. They are nothing special but always entertaining and easy to watch. I have to say I really enjoy it when they play flash games and most of my favorite gaming videos by them are the ones with flash games. I think I wouldn't really enjoy if they actually played games with bigger storylines or more 'depths' because they would probably cut a lot of important scenes out or talk over the story like they did with 'the evil within'. I really like this game but I didn't enjoy the video at all because they cut out way to much of the story and I had trouble to follow it or to unterstand it. I think that would happen with every other game as well because they want to upload videos that are not longer than 20-25 minutes.
I like the gaming channel how it is and I am pretty sure as long as they get enough views they won't change anything.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

I might argue that DanAndPhilGames is not a gaming channel at all. It's an entertainment channel that features games. They goal isn't to show a game or to advertise a game (usually). It's just to give them something to bant about together.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Honestly they could easily rebrand DAPG into a normal collab channel if they ever find that they wanna do other things besides gaming but don't want it on their main channels.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Catallena wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:11 pm Honestly they could easily rebrand DAPG into a normal collab channel if they ever find that they wanna do other things besides gaming but don't want it on their main channels.
Second this, and I believe it would even be more successful that DAPG. I mean I enjoy it as a gaming channel as it is but if they ever wanted to rebrand it, i would be down for that.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

auri wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 pm
Catallena wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:11 pm Honestly they could easily rebrand DAPG into a normal collab channel if they ever find that they wanna do other things besides gaming but don't want it on their main channels.
Second this, and I believe it would even be more successful that DAPG. I mean I enjoy it as a gaming channel as it is but if they ever wanted to rebrand it, i would be down for that.
This is not specifically related but your post reminded me that I definitely had a dream last night that, in the middle of an apocalyptic zombie scenario where if you didn't eat regularly you turned into a horrific cannibalistic creature, Dan hinted they were going to drop a trailer for their new vlogging channel. This is what they've done to my brain.
malday
emo goose

I don't mind the Sims series.

But all i wish for now is if they pick up a game, especially with a storyline, they play it all the way. Undertale was a blessing for their channel but they dragged it for one year. Now they have Dream Daddy, which Phil told people to go watch other play-throughs of :roll: , and Cuphead (which is hard and will eat up a lot of their time)so i hope they at least finish them.

If they had a couple of friends willing to be on camera they could start a drunken board/party game series.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i don't like the gaming channel much these days because the reasons for not playing ~real~ games don't apply to them because, like, they do play those kinds of games. they always talk about a great game they just finished or are replaying that have stories and interesting mechanics and things like that (regardless of how difficult they are) but they upload like... basically online quizzes and stuff. plenty of other gaming channels manage to make videos of storyline or tense games without losing any kind of fun but honestly d+p lose it once they have to focus on anything because they aren't natural enough lmao. hard to follow your character checklist at the same time as paying attention to a game, you might miss the point where you're meant to touch the other persons shoulder, then what will people talk about!!
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

jaej wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:39 pm i don't like the gaming channel much these days because the reasons for not playing ~real~ games don't apply to them because, like, they do play those kinds of games. they always talk about a great game they just finished or are replaying that have stories and interesting mechanics and things like that (regardless of how difficult they are) but they upload like... basically online quizzes and stuff. plenty of other gaming channels manage to make videos of storyline or tense games without losing any kind of fun but honestly d+p lose it once they have to focus on anything because they aren't natural enough lmao. hard to follow your character checklist at the same time as paying attention to a game, you might miss the point where you're meant to touch the other persons shoulder, then what will people talk about!!
That's a cynical take on it. Valid opinion, just not one I agree with. I think they're just not natural enough youtubers to pull it off; I think they realized early on (when they started Undertale) that they can't maintain enjoyment of a game while also playing it for an audience. Making it their job turns it into work. I don't think they're willing to sacrifice being able to do things on their own time purely for fun for the sake of the channel, when they get equally good (better) views for doing lighthearted one off games.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

They do keep pretty much any game they're genuinely into for themselves. Remember Dan 'jokingly' complaining about how he'd rather have played Undertale in his own time? Poor thing, having to do his job. :roll:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
auri

I think that's funny how in some battle in Undertale Dan was like "aaah I can't be funny i need to concentrate!!!" bc Undertale is my absolute favorite thing they've done in the gaming channel and I do have fun watching it (I just rewatched it so yeaa.) :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Someone please suggest that to them for pre-tour filming: One long storyline-based game that they just devote a full day or two to filming, then they can slice it up into bite sized chunks and post it on a regular schedule.
Loafer
sofa crease

I would probably enjoy watching them play tic tac toe if the bants were good. I don’t care one bit about the games they play, I’m not a gamer at all, and obviously they don’t treat the gaming channel like a proper professional gaming channel. It’s a channel where Dan and Phil (tm) play video games. It seems like a win win to me, they get to do something they genuinely enjoy -playing video games - and simultaneously make relatively easy content that a lot of their fans enjoy.

I think a lot of the cynicism around the gaming channel comes from the whole authenticity thing. Since they play more “real” games in their free time, rather than on the channel, it becomes apparent that they deliberately tailor the content of their channel to their audience, which...ok? Good? They seem to strike a good balance between playing promo games (dragon city), fan-requested games (dream daddy, undertale), and games they just like and seem to want to play (crash bandicoot, sonic, Pokémon). I think it’s the right thing to do, to consider what will work for the gaming channel, and especially what the audience will like. (personally, I wouldn’t want to waste my time making videos of a game I enjoyed if I thought nobody would watch it, especially when there are plenty of other games to play. I would play it in my spare time too.)
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

1. This is somehow the cutest thing I've heard today ? I love Phil getting his thrill fix of the day :love2:
2. "Our stairs" (He's started doing that a lot recently hasn't it ? It used to be a mostly Dan thing)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

AroboticPhil wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:17 pm
This is clearly the staircase that we are familiar with, leading down from next to Dan's computer in the lounge and also seen in the emo and mental health video. I just always thought that downstairs was the white tiled floor, as seen in the gaming room, the Phil-sliding-into-your-DMs-hallway and Phil's room. But if there's a hardwood floor down those stairs, where are the other rooms located?

Floorplan squad, assemble!
alien
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:07 pm Someone please suggest that to them for pre-tour filming: One long storyline-based game that they just devote a full day or two to filming, then they can slice it up into bite sized chunks and post it on a regular schedule.
YES I love this idea.

Their Undertale series is by far my favorite DnP content but I also rewatch most of their gaming videos constantly(there's only one I can't get through even once). I kind of appreciate that they're unwilling to play games for their channel that they want to play through in their own time but I'm so glad that Undertale got through lol.

That Phil tweet is so endearing for some reason :love1:
DatCog
blobfish

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:20 pm
AroboticPhil wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:17 pm
This is clearly the staircase that we are familiar with, leading down from next to Dan's computer in the lounge and also seen in the emo and mental health video. I just always thought that downstairs was the white tiled floor, as seen in the gaming room, the Phil-sliding-into-your-DMs-hallway and Phil's room. But if there's a hardwood floor down those stairs, where are the other rooms located?

Floorplan squad, assemble!
Just wondering the same thing - I fully expected there to be white tiles at the bottom of the stairs. Hmmm so the Moon Room really is on the floor below, which Dan has said several times but I didn't believe him! It pains me so much to admit this but the 2 flat theory is starting to become more plausible to me :? :?
auri

I'm having so much feelings with all the "our", "we" and "us" and the feelings get stronger when it's Phil using them. I've been having lots of love for Phil resently. I've always been more of a dantrash but I'm beginning to notice that Phil has a big place in my heart. It might be because he seems a bit... relaxed and outgoing resently? Like he's opening himself up a little. I love amazingphil but I think that Phil is rising and I love that. <3