Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Image Image
credit

Don't forget to clickyclick here to complete the 2017 IDB survey, thanks to all of you who have already done it :love2:

Sorry there wasn't long for the new thread name but wanted to get a new thread up just in time for the liveshow!

Let's see what they've got to tell us then....
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

my current mood right now waiting on this liveshow
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

me rightnow, waiting for them to go live

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Also, I noticed the danandphiltour.com website has been updated with the following:

Please note: you can only gain access to the meet-up with a VIP ticket. If an under-14 wishes to attend, their accompanying person also needs a VIP ticket.

So those asking, if you want to accompany your kids and they're under 14, you'll need a ticket.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

*insert judge judy hitting her watch gif here*

how are they always so late?! these boys are killing me with the anticipation.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Ewok wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:09 pm *insert judge judy hitting her watch gif here*

they've been online on younow, on dans channel, for 7 minutes now :)
liola
rankussy

My video lagged as soon as phil started saying "the show will be.." lol
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ewok
rainbow nerd

missemma wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:11 pm
Ewok wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:09 pm *insert judge judy hitting her watch gif here*

they've been online on younow, on dans channel, for 7 minutes now :)
derp! i had to refresh. got it ;)
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

liola wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:12 pm My video lagged as soon as phil started saying "the show will be.." lol
mine did, too and i immediately looked to the side like i was on the office
blackdenim
procrastinator

I love how proud Dan is of the website :lol:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

They sort of explained what this new tour is all about, but I don’t feel like I know much more now.
Still wanting to go though.
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

"gonna be about kinks and ripped jeans and mental health." - daniel howell, 2017.
Image Image
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I didn't enter this liveshow expecting to really feel like they were selling me personally on this tour but I feel pleasantly targeted with the emphasis on how this is going to be a more real and less youth-demographic show than TATINOF.
liola
rankussy

Dan saying he doesn't like keeping secrets is probably the thing that made me laugh the most

LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Phil trying to sell the show as a honeymoon experience for someone :lol: RIP "Kings of Capitalism" thread name
Ewok
rainbow nerd

liola wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:29 pm Dan saying he doesn't like keeping secrets is probably the thing that made me laugh the most
I actually snorted. Really Dan?

Also, Phil chastising Dan for leaking their dog calendar. They're so ridiculously cute. Ack.
blackdenim
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:29 pm I didn't enter this liveshow expecting to really feel like they were selling me personally on this liveshow but I feel pleasantly targeted with the emphasis on how this is going to be a more real and less youth-demographic show than TATINOF.
Same! I'm super stressed I won't be able to get tickets now :roll:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

missemma wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:08 pm Also, I noticed the danandphiltour.com website has been updated with the following:

Please note: you can only gain access to the meet-up with a VIP ticket. If an under-14 wishes to attend, their accompanying person also needs a VIP ticket.

So those asking, if you want to accompany your kids and they're under 14, you'll need a ticket.
damn. Wasn't gonna do it anyway, but I was totally pretending I could work the system
liola
rankussy

Did Dan said "This is gonna be the most fun thing we've ever done" looking super fondly as Phil right before they mentioned PINOF or did I hallucinated that

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Things I learned from that:

- They themselves have pretty much no idea what they're gonna do yet, they'll figure that you after selling tickets.
- Phil's only kink is merch sales and if he could deep throat IRL Digitals figures he probably would.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
DatCog
blobfish

missemma wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:08 pm Also, I noticed the danandphiltour.com website has been updated with the following:

Oh good lord, really?? I am going to be so skint - I guess I get my own hugs and photos though so there is that but even still, so many £££s :wahh:
tacitus
crusty sponge

Their genuine excitement for this tour makes me really happy. I had always suspected that they toured out of a weird sense of obligation to fans or to make a bit more money, but it's really lovely to know that they actually enjoyed it <3
dansnose
delia smith
Pronouns: she/ her

DatCog wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Oh good lord, really?? I am going to be so skint - I guess I get my own hugs and photos though so there is that but even still, so many £££s :wahh:

wait but if the vip tickets are limited and ppl under 14 need their parents to vip too then it means the already slim chance of snatching a vip ticket is even slimmer
ugh this is stressing me out so bad i hate deppy
(i’m talking about parents who aren’t actually fans btw, just making it clear)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I see a lot of cynicism about their liveshow and how they're selling the tour (not just here but everywhere on social media) but I gotta be totally honest, I'm not someone who enjoyed TATINOF but the liveshow they just did really sold me on this show being something I will genuinely enjoy watching.

I might eat my words later but hearing them spell out explicitly how this show is not going to be as heavily branded, how it's going to be about them now as adults and not a nostalgia cash-in and how it's going to be less scripted... shit yeah gimme. I'm still not doing VIP, I just don't need that experience a second time, but I might consider going to two shows. (Maybe. Until I look at my bank account, and decide never mind.)
DatCog
blobfish

I can't afford 3 x VIPs so will just aim for the best normal seats I guess. Bit gutted, youngest will be v sad not to meet them but £300+ is not an option right now. TBH I'm a bit annoyed at the inflexibility of this - how many young fans will have parents who will also want the hugs/selfie/autographs/goodybag rather than just be there to look after their children (I'd guess, not very many)? It'll mean that there will be a number of parents who will be taking up the very limited VIP places that other proper fans will miss out on :cry: