Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

Flomy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:30 am Isn't Dan's mum called [redacted by moderator] or did I just make that up. I guess the mom of the person who asked the question is called Jackie!
I think you're right! ( :oops: ignore me everyone - damn i really thought it was his mum they were trying to convince! haha fake fan)
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: name removed for privacy purposes
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

liola wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:32 am
somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:25 am
BSV wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:10 am
relatablemood wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:07 am
Did anyone notice Dan said his mum's name was Jackie, and Phil played along?? Or did I mishear something? Because that was a bit odd to me. Of course, he'd like to keep his mum's information private, but he could've just said "my mum" rather than giving her a random name. Or maybe Jackie is her name, and somehow I think it begins with a K or something. HELP.

And it was sUCH a cute and lighthearted video. There were a few cringes and "eh"s along the way but that's what makes pinof so good :) BLOOPERS NEXT TEAM - like a late boxing day lmao
Oh i think you're thinking of phil's mum Kathryn or Kath, dan's mum is Jackie :D
Wait, that's Dan's mum's name? I though he was referring to the mum of whoever sent in the question. :shock:
Yeah they were talking about who asked the question, Dan's mom is called [redacted by moderator], he's said it before somewhere
Oh yeah, that sounds more familiar. Thanks for clearing it up!
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I took it as his mum in the first watch as well but when I watched it again I clicked that it was a viewers mum.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
gnostic
stress mushroom

How fucking weak is Phil if he can't even wrestle down Dan's non dominant hand with his dominant hand

Unstanning tbh
Just here for the marketing skills
alch
ar·tic·u·late

liola wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:32 am
Yeah they were talking about who asked the question, Dan's mom is called [redacted by moderator], he's said it before somewhere
Wait, when has Dan mentioned his mom's name?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Watched PINOF a few hours after upload because I fell asleep, didn't want to write commentary so I didn't, at the third rewatch I wanted to write commentary anyway and that shit takes long because I'm slow so here we finally are with the opinions on PINOF9.

I loved it! PINOF in general isn't really the annual magical happening that it is hyped up to be for me anymore, but this gotta be one of the best in years. They were a bit extra at times, but it didn't feel quite as try hard as some other years to me. I was curious about how they'd handle moving around in that broom closet, turns out they just used the space of the bed more than ever which actually worked out really well.

COMMENTARY.

- Branding talk aka they're done with our shit about renaming Phil Is Not On Fire.
- "You're an aged cat, and I'm a little kit" smh these fucking furries :whiskers:
- "Watch me dad" I'm glad they ain't enabling any demons this year /s
- Bastards are teasing us with quiff!Phil. :sideeye:
- Let's make this shit about me but I've also had problems with left and right my entire life and was super upset about being dumber than a 7 year old until I was told that it was probably just my dyscalculia and that it didn't have anything to do with my intelligence. Story time over.
- If there's marshmallows in the slide instead of water, then it wouldn't be a water slide. Tsk tsk Phil. Think things through.
- I love references to fandoms I ain't interested in. Their harmonizing doesn't sound complete shit tho, I'll give them that.
- lmao yeah the person who suggsted the crab walk on the stairs thing legit tried to murder them. :thumb:
- Hi! My name is [Dan] is a thing that must never die.
- Dani Snot On Fire is my fav YouTuber :loveeyes:
- *high pitched scream* "DON'T SHOVE YOUR FINGERS ANYWHERE"
- Return of the vase. Best phandom meme of 2017. :ribena:
- I guess they did tie them but it looks like shiiiit so they both lose.
- What kind of geniuses.. Getting all the #spon in as 'questions' like the sneaky capitalists they are.
- Honestly, the 'Phil you're x and Dan you're x, now do this scenario' questions tend to be the most meh parts of PINOF videos.
- The Phil selfie really wasn't that bad, he actually looks human there which is always good. Dan's wannabe model on tho :rofl:
- The cheese costume making a return was predictable, but I think the people who asked wanted the pantsless version.
- Phil's natural deep voice before he jumpscares Dan tho yaaaaaaas :drool:
- Anal :ASs:
- WE WERE BLESSED ONCE AGAIN WITH PHIL IN RIPPED JEANS GOD I HATE HIM FOR NOT GOING WITH THIS LOOK. We were also immediately punished and I hope Dan burns that red shirt with the stars next time Phil steals his cereal or something because holy shit that is horrible.
- Phil is pretty flexible with the leg dab isn't he? Interesting. :hmmm:
- K but Dan doing that Pennywise dance with Phil on the bed is disturbing on multiple levels tbqh.
- I don't think tattooing your significant other on your body ever ends well so #phandivorce is obviously coming.
- ICONIC. And Phil is.. very good at that pose I must say. Look at that arch. :oops: kuen sweetie you're a legend :stan:

*watches gif of Phil's ass while Wiggle Wiggle by Hello Venus plays in the background*
Last edited by Catallena on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
thatone
delia smith

Oh i think you're thinking of phil's mum Kathryn or Kath, dan's mum is Jackie :D
Wait, that's Dan's mum's name? I though he was referring to the mum of whoever sent in the question. :shock:
Yeah im pretty sure? Ive just been looking to confirm (i swear we've heard it before somewhere!) but now i can't find anything and not i'm doubting myself :lol: but i swear theres been at least one mention of her name before??

You must be thinking of Tyler Oakley's mum, she's called Jackie! #queenJackie
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

thatone wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:12 pm
liola wrote:
somethingsketchy wrote:
BSV wrote: Oh i think you're thinking of phil's mum Kathryn or Kath, dan's mum is Jackie :D
Yeah im pretty sure? Ive just been looking to confirm (i swear we've heard it before somewhere!) but now i can't find anything and not i'm doubting myself :lol: but i swear theres been at least one mention of her name before??

You must be thinking of Tyler Oakley's mum, she's called Jackie! #queenJackie
Of course. :facepalm: :facepalm2: :headdesk1: :headdesk2:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Mod note:

Hey guys - just did some cleaning up of posts. To my awareness, Dan has never publicly stated his mother's name. It might still be fandom knowledge, but we're going to stick with our rules (in particular in this case rule 2) unless someone can provide me with an example of where Dan said it publicly!

Also reminder to please keep signature images and gifs down to reasonable size, or put them under a spoiler tag if you prefer to keep them full sized! If you need help getting things resized, you can always just as a mod or admin. :)
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:52 pm Mod note:

[...]

Also reminder to please keep signature images and gifs down to reasonable size, or put them under a spoiler tag if you prefer to keep them full sized! If you need help getting things resized, you can always just as a mod or admin. :)
I'm so sorry, I didn't realise the picture would look so large on desktop. :rofl:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:23 pm

[...]

I'm so sorry, I didn't realise the picture would look so large on desktop. :rofl:
No worries!! That definitely wasn't just at you (perfect size now though!!) - and I definitely know the mobile/desktop divide can make it really easy to misjudge.
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I've finally gotten a chance to sit down and watch PINOF9 a few times and

I. Freaking. Love. It.

This immediately is a class Deppy video, at least for me. The jumpscares were hilarious (oh Phil you little trickster), the yoga poses were iconic, the selfies were :rofl:, and the whole thing just made me happy.

Tbh, their whisker skills were a bit disappointing. I was fully expecting them to be drawn via sharpie-in-the mouth because of that pre-PINOF selfie.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

vote for the next thread name pls. :rainbowsparkle1:

(yes, there are 2 variations of "so married", but variety is the spice of life, my friends.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Wow such good thread names options, I hope the right one gets chosen... it would be a mince-stake if we ended up with a thread name that didn't seem as festive as the gamingmas season upon us.

i apologize for nothing.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:47 pm Wow such good thread names options, I hope the right one gets chosen... it would be a mince-stake if we ended up with a thread name that didn't seem as festive as the gamingmas season upon us.

i apologize for nothing.
But that would make our overlord Capita£ester sad. :(
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:47 pm Wow such good thread names options, I hope the right one gets chosen... it would be a mince-stake if we ended up with a thread name that didn't seem as festive as the gamingmas season upon us.

i apologize for nothing.
hahah real smooth
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:54 pm

i apologize for nothing.
But that would make our overlord Capita£ester sad. :(
lmao, true. wouldn't want to upset our overlord!

(Also I'm 100% just kidding, please vote for whatever thread name you genuinely like best. I mostly just wanted to use the mince-stake pun.)
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

i apologize for nothing.
YES PICK THIS ONE!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Catallena wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:06 pm Return of the vase. Best phandom meme of 2017. :ribena:
Agreed! Which makes me wonder, if Dan does another Memes of 201x video, is it gonna transform into a Top Dan and Phil Memes because the vase thing is definitely one of the funniest things in the phandom this year but it's not really to do with Dan per se lol.
I just love witnessing how everything in their lives is becoming more and more intertwined with every year that passes. :garbage:
gnostic wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:43 pm How fucking weak is Phil if he can't even wrestle down Dan's non dominant hand with his dominant hand

Unstanning tbh
I don't really have anything to add but I loved this comment, the idea of someone actually unsubscribing from Phil because he isn't physically strong enough made me laugh so much. :lol:

I don't really understand people wanting pinof to stop. Sure, it might not feel as special as it did 3 years ago but to me, that's just because it used to be the Only video a Year where we'd get to see them more touchy, flirty , etc. Now we get that basically every week with the gaming and so many collabs, like just recently we got baking, dogs and phil's outfit video which could all rival with pinof.
But pinofs are still cute af, full of nostalgia and wholesomeness.

I also just realised that Gamingmas is starting next week, damn 2017 (and Phil Lester's capitalist schemes) are treating us so good.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

I haven't posted in forever because, honestly, I have distanced myself from the phandom (and YT in general), but I just can't let go of tradition so naturally I came crawling back for pinof 9 and OMG... I'm so glad I did.
Also I logged in to say the boys are trending #3 on youtube and I'm so happy everyone is going to be exposed to this masterpiece.

Oh god I have so much to catch up to. It'll be fun.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

There he goes, #sponning away...
liola
rankussy

Hey guys - just did some cleaning up of posts. To my awareness, Dan has never publicly stated his mother's name. It might still be fandom knowledge, but we're going to stick with our rules (in particular in this case rule 2) unless someone can provide me with an example of where Dan said it publicly!

Omg sorry I went to look everywhere bc I was so sure he did and couldn't find it so I do apologize!

Oooh new thread names are looking #minced i didn't even try
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I like that not only is PINOF the number 3 trending video, but also that YouTube put a little description on it in the trending list so people would know what it is :lol:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Where did Dan confirm gamingmas? I must have missed that during all the pinof hype.

Their holiday content is my absolute fav. I’m excited.
:ravetree:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

He mentioned gamingmas in his last liveshow.

Love Phil’s tweet and his use, as always, of the peach emoji. Just one more adventure in the life of Phil’s butt.