Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

rainydays :ribena: :thankyou:

I, too, would love more information on the contents (but only, like, because when I hear "interactive" and "it's completely in your hands", I keep getting war flashbacks to the Fanfiction Live segment of Tatinof :backawayslowly: ), but I agree with rainydays that their being secretive is mostly due to wanting to keep it a surprise. To me, Deppy seem genuinely excited and I really think that especially for Dan touring is important, how many times did he talk about the danger of getting trapped in your own head when you do youtube and how meeting your audience helps with it? I was quite surprised, actually, that no one mentioned it, since people on this forum have started talking about a new tour, how Dan said several times in recent months that he has been writing. To me, it seems very likely that it was for the tour and so that doesn't say "unprepared" and "don't know what the tour will be about" at all.

Also, Dan said "never again" to the tour bus, couldn't agree more, mate :sideeye:

Edit: oh no, top of the page :backawayslowly:
Last edited by coffeepenguin on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I was just reading some of the website t&c's, and they're really trying to make it clear that you need ID which is really good, I really hope they stop some of the touts this time round. I read this on one site:
"Names of the lead ticketholder or purchaser will be also be printed on the tickets in the transaction so please make sure that you bring ID that corresponds to the this name when you come to the show on the night. For example, if Jane Smith buys 4 tickets for her daughter and 3 friends, every ticket will have ‘Jane Smith’ printed on it. If Jane Smith is not attending, she must make sure that her daughter and 3 friends have ONE piece of Jane Smith ID between them – for example a passport, driver’s licence or credit/debit card with name on. Anyone without one piece of ID that corresponds to their group ticket name will not be allowed entry to the show"
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
tacitus
crusty sponge

Martina wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:01 pm People who bought VIP tickets for tatinof or have payed to meet Dan and Phil before… is it worth it, in your opinion? I’m strongly considering it, but I’m very introverted (lol) and I don’t know how I would feel in that situation… how was the experience for you?

I can imagine regretting it a lot if I didn’t take the chance to meet them because they really mean a lot to me. But then again a quick hug and a photo might not even feel like a real meeting anyway, idk.
I think that in deciding whether VIP is "worth it," you mainly have to think about what you want out of the situation. I've met them before, and I went into it knowing that I wouldn't really get to talk to them properly, but would get about 30-45 seconds to hug, chat, and take a picture. I wasn't disappointed afterwards because I got exactly what I wanted, and I still treasure those photos and the memory of meeting them. It was definitely worth it for me, and I haven't yet met anyone who's said otherwise - but if you're looking for something more personal out of a m&g experience then maybe it's not for you. Most of the phandom is probably introverted too, and thousands of people have managed it before, so you're not alone! If you have enough money and you're thinking that you might regret it I'd say go for it! :bigthumbsup:
isibelle
placenta

VengefulBlue wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:47 pm
isibelle wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:32 pm im emerging from my lurking cave to ask if anyone’s attending the london date of the tour? i went to tatinof and tbqfh didnt really enjoy it and spent the entire time cringing but this seems exactly like the type of thing i’d want from a dnp show and that ls convinced me. only thing is i dont have any friends who’d be down for paying to go with me, and whilst i know that this tour is less aimed at younger viewers im sure a large majority of the audience will be quite young and seeing as im almost nineteen i dont feel that clmfortable with the whole just-turn-up-and-befriend-people thing
:welcome: we actually have a board set up for arranging that kind of thing - so far only two people have said they're going to the london show, but i imagine more people will know after tomorrow! London - Eventim Apollo - 4th May
thank you!!
rainydays
sofa crease

missemma wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:49 pm I was just reading some of the website t&c's, and they're really trying to make it clear that you need ID which is really good, I really hope they stop some of the touts this time round. I read this on one site:
"Names of the lead ticketholder or purchaser will be also be printed on the tickets in the transaction so please make sure that you bring ID that corresponds to the this name when you come to the show on the night. For example, if Jane Smith buys 4 tickets for her daughter and 3 friends, every ticket will have ‘Jane Smith’ printed on it. If Jane Smith is not attending, she must make sure that her daughter and 3 friends have ONE piece of Jane Smith ID between them – for example a passport, driver’s licence or credit/debit card with name on. Anyone without one piece of ID that corresponds to their group ticket name will not be allowed entry to the show"
Yeah, I booked tickets for Hamilton London through the venue's website back in January and pretty much the same safety measures were applied. They made it very clear that the tickets were nominative and that, in order to avoid bots, every person purchasing tickets online would have to show up the day of the show with an ID and the same credit card used for the payment.

And speaking of my experience with buying those tickets, just know that they sell out FAST. I mean, of course Hamilton is on another level of popularity and demand, but tickets for 8 months worth of shows (shows every day with a double show once a week) sold out in about an hour.
I would add a ticket to the cart and by the time I had picked the seat I wanted, the ticket would be no longer available (and we're talking seconds). It's even harder if you are purchasing more than one ticket, as some seats are supposed to be left free or you can't pick two seats next to each other in certain parts of the venue.
When you get to the payment part, you have to be quick, as it gives you something like 3 minutes to complete your purchase before it automatically releases your ticket and puts it up for purchase again.
I obviously don't know if this is how it's going to work tomorrow, but I just thought I'd add on to the discussion.
DatCog
blobfish

I know most of the UK venues are doing their own ticket sales tomorrow (not sure about other countries) - it's probably worth a few minutes of your time to sign up for an account at your chosen venue in advance. I've just done so and now the venue site has my address and payment details ready for 4pm tomorrow which should save a few minutes at checkout :thumb:
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Just popping in to say I'm happy that they are touring and seem so happy about it, and I'm happy that so many people seem so excited. Tatinof was more my thing and I am really glad I got to go to that, but I am not interested in spending another $60+ to sit in the balcony of a giant theater and see their fuzzy outlines again lol. I kinda wish I lived in one of the smaller towns with a more intimate theater. I look forward to all the stories though!

I also appreciate how much happier Daniel seems this year about Spooky-week, Pinof, merch etc. Such a different vibe than last year when he seemed so over all of it. I wonder if it was the meds, or if he's just reacting to the the positive response, or because he is working on a new project where he gets to be creative, or if the tour had been sapping the energy out of him, or what.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

They're making the tour sound pretty good!

I saw the YouTube Red TATINOF, and I didn't really like it that much. (Maybe I would have liked it more if I saw it in person, but still). The worst part of it was probably the somewhat cringey bad acting(sorry), so hearing that it won't be as scripted or branded is a huge relief.

All in all, this seems like something to look forward to.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Artdefines06 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:05 pm Just popping in to say I'm happy that they are touring and seem so happy about it, and I'm happy that so many people seem so excited. Tatinof was more my thing and I am really glad I got to go to that, but I am not interested in spending another $60+ to sit in the balcony of a giant theater and see their fuzzy outlines again lol. I kinda wish I lived in one of the smaller towns with a more intimate theater. I look forward to all the stories though!

I also appreciate how much happier Daniel seems this year about Spooky-week, Pinof, merch etc. Such a different vibe than last year when he seemed so over all of it. I wonder if it was the meds, or if he's just reacting to the the positive response, or because he is working on a new project where he gets to be creative, or if the tour had been sapping the energy out of him, or what.
I think it actually might have been that he just felt sapped of energy. It seems telling that they specified they wanted to do this tour in a few months and not draw it out over the year and a half that they had TATINOF spread out over. I think this time around they had more confidence in their draw in some places, more awareness of what they were physically capable of, and more of an ability to get the whole thing planned out and know that they can execute it. Like, on top of this being much less of a time commitment and disruption of their lives, the unknowns of running a stage show and traveling probably meant that TATINOF from their end was probably way scarier than this one.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

That liveshow has definitely sold me more on the idea of going to the tour. From the sounds of it, it's going to be a lot more mature than tatinof (I mean, I'm proud of them for tatinof but if I'm being honest I could barely make it through watching the show on youtube red; I would have struggled to watch it live). Also just based on how they've come out of their shells a lot this past year and are being more authentic, for lack of a better word, I have high hopes that this tour is going to be a lot more of their genuine selves. They also seem to be pushing the idea that people around my age will really enjoy the show, so I have more faith I will be part of their target audience.

And I mean, "kinks, ripped jeans, and mental health" - is there a better selling point than that? They should just put that on the posters
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Joking and sarcasm aside, this honestly does sounds more fun to me than TATINOF ever did which had me cringe out of my seat despite never even being there. But ticket sales start at a wildly inconvenient day for me money wise.. if it would start next week I could probably have gone for a cheap ticket. It's seriously annoying how short D&P's notice times for these things are (again) :sideeye:

Either I wait and see whether there's still cheap ass options left next week or risk letting my parents know about my weird interests again by borrowing money for a bit. And I'm honestly still not recovered from the time my dad discovered a kpop album in the mail.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Easily my favorite part of the live-show was when they were talking about life on tour during tatinof and Phil briefly says to Dan, "You loved the life... of having a purpose." It makes you realize that a lot of this was Dan's idea, that - as exhausting as tour was - waking up every morning with something to do and somewhere to go and people to entertain put Dan in a good, positive headspace. That he wants to do that again and Phil's excited, sure, but he's totally on for whatever ride Dan puts him on. (Heh.)
And like... gosh darn. That just warms the depths of my soul. :happytears:

This liveshow, as vague as it was, really got me excited for the tour. I'm beginning to appreciate the emphasis they're putting on entertaining the older fans. And I'm hopeful they'll actually be able to keep up their upload schedule.
apathy
sad dimple

tacitus wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:02 pm
Martina wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:01 pm People who bought VIP tickets for tatinof or have payed to meet Dan and Phil before… is it worth it, in your opinion? I’m strongly considering it, but I’m very introverted (lol) and I don’t know how I would feel in that situation… how was the experience for you?

I can imagine regretting it a lot if I didn’t take the chance to meet them because they really mean a lot to me. But then again a quick hug and a photo might not even feel like a real meeting anyway, idk.
I think that in deciding whether VIP is "worth it," you mainly have to think about what you want out of the situation. I've met them before, and I went into it knowing that I wouldn't really get to talk to them properly, but would get about 30-45 seconds to hug, chat, and take a picture. I wasn't disappointed afterwards because I got exactly what I wanted, and I still treasure those photos and the memory of meeting them. It was definitely worth it for me, and I haven't yet met anyone who's said otherwise - but if you're looking for something more personal out of a m&g experience then maybe it's not for you. Most of the phandom is probably introverted too, and thousands of people have managed it before, so you're not alone! If you have enough money and you're thinking that you might regret it I'd say go for it! :bigthumbsup:
Just want to second all of this. There is no surprise in the M&G format, they have it down to a polished routine. It will be: Hi how are you, generic compliment (nice shoes/hair/shirt/whatever they notice) while you have a hug if you want one, then get something signed, have your photo, thanks so much for coming, bye, and you're off. You can add a bit more if you want, but if you're anxious about it, there's no pressure to say something witty or interesting, they'll breeze right through in the most genuine way they can in that situation.

Some people wouldn't like it, and that's fine. Personally, as someone who's also extremely introverted/a bit socially anxious, I take a lot of comfort in knowing exactly how the interaction will play out, that it was a mutually agreed upon encounter (I wasn't imposing or interrupting), and that I was completely forgotten within seconds. It was exactly what I expected, definitely worth it for me, and I still get the "hey, I did that" feeling when I see the photo.. A+++ would buy again.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Catallena wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:10 am Joking and sarcasm aside, this honestly does sounds more fun to me than TATINOF ever did which had me cringe out of my seat despite never even being there. But ticket sales start at a wildly inconvenient day for me money wise.. if it would start next week I could probably have gone for a cheap ticket. It's seriously annoying how short D&P's notice times for these things are (again) :sideeye:

Either I wait and see whether there's still cheap ass options left next week or risk letting my parents know about my weird interests again by borrowing money for a bit. And I'm honestly still not recovered from the time my dad discovered a kpop album in the mail.
(Un)helpful friend has pointed out that Ticketmaster offers an after pay service. So now I slightly hate myself for kinda wanting to get a ticket.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Can someone help? I don’t have much experience with buying tickets more places that big.
I’m hoping to get two standard tickets for the London show and was gonna buy them through the ticket master app.

Would it be better/ easier to purchase them through the venue website or through ticket master?

If anyone knows that would be a big help thanks <3
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Catallena wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:40 am
Catallena wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:10 am Joking and sarcasm aside, this honestly does sounds more fun to me than TATINOF ever did which had me cringe out of my seat despite never even being there. But ticket sales start at a wildly inconvenient day for me money wise.. if it would start next week I could probably have gone for a cheap ticket. It's seriously annoying how short D&P's notice times for these things are (again) :sideeye:

(Un)helpful friend has pointed out that Ticketmaster offers an after pay service. So now I slightly hate myself for kinda wanting to get a ticket.
Oh no, I didn't need this information. I was debating on settling for nosebleed mezzanine tickets because it'd be easier on my bank account, but an after pay service makes orchestra seating that much more tempting. Crap. RIP my future bank account.
:dead:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
fancy_nancy
phabergé

I don't see how Mexico and Brazil fit in June. Up until the 17 they'll be in Europe, then vidcon, assuming they'll go is happening june 20-23, then the last show of june is Denver (29)
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

fancy_nancy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:47 am I don't see how Mexico and Brazil fit in June. Up until the 17 they'll be in Europe, then vidcon, assuming they'll go is happening june 20-23, then the last show of june is Denver (29)
They said in the liveshow they probably won't be going to any conventions next year, so it could be that they'll skip vidcon and go to Mexico + Brazil instead.
Phantasy
woodland creature

What are the odds they come out before the tour? Since this is less about the DINOF/AP history and personas, and more just Dan & Phil, would they finally just put it on the table?

Alas, I suspect not, for the usual reasons, but also because the optics might seem like an attempt to boost ticket sales (akin to a youtuber/celebrity coming out via book), and perhaps it would complicate things a bit for an openly gay couple to perform in certain places *coughrussiacough*. But, at some point, no matter how careful they are, won’t some irrefutable evidence leak—wouldn’t they rather come out on their own terms?? :shrug:

My head cannon is next year after the tour is done, PINOF 10 seems like a nice round number to make a special announcement.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Phantasy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:11 am What are the odds they come out before the tour? Since this is less about the DINOF/AP history and personas, and more just Dan & Phil, would they finally just put it on the table?
I don't think they're going to announce it anytime soon. Agree with your point on some places (cropped out for space sorry) not being super keen on an openly gay couple, plus I'm not sure if they'll every really make it clear.

If they do let their audience know, I think it'd be like Dan's coming out, as in more of a gradual process, and I don't know if they've started that off enough for that to have fully finished by the tour's beginning.
flurry
living flop

Considering that they're going to be in Singapore towards the tail end of the tour, I don't think they can come out publicly and then still appear to tour without some issues, sad to say.

Also those TBC dates - anyone knows why it isn't confirmed yet? I might be in London at the end of September (oh the irony) and miss them completely.
hello9217
flower crown

So New Zealand sold out in a minutes for VIP. Like damn that's just crazy!
FandomLurker
crusty sponge

I started a new job and have been super busy so I might have missed it but Nick Jonas calls Dan a friend and briefly refers to "Hey Buddy..." in this video and I died a little because I was so not expecting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyaiCox3sMk

really sorry if this is old news.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Phantasy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:11 am What are the odds they come out before the tour? Since this is less about the DINOF/AP history and personas, and more just Dan & Phil, would they finally just put it on the table?

Alas, I suspect not, for the usual reasons, but also because the optics might seem like an attempt to boost ticket sales (akin to a youtuber/celebrity coming out via book), and perhaps it would complicate things a bit for an openly gay couple to perform in certain places *coughrussiacough*. But, at some point, no matter how careful they are, won’t some irrefutable evidence leak—wouldn’t they rather come out on their own terms?? :shrug:

My head cannon is next year after the tour is done, PINOF 10 seems like a nice round number to make a special announcement.

Okay so I’m an anti I don’t believe their relationship is romantic at all BUT if they were a couple I don’t think they would ever come out! They are both clearly private people and we only know what they’ve told us. We really don’t know anything about their private lives.
Dnp already get comments about omg look at the way dan looks at phil etc could you imagine the type of comments they would get if it was confirmed! Nothing that they would put out wouldn’t be about their relationship. Everyone would expect them to do a boyfriend tag etc. I mean phil did the viewers pick my clothes and that was already made about dan so I don’t see that happening.

They don’t even exploit their friendship so they wouldn’t put out information on being in a relationship with each other and expect it all to be the same.

They have both said in the past it is dangerous to put out a public relationship because people get too emotionally invested in your relationship and it’s true. Their is a reason why they don’t confirm if they are single or not because people would go insane. It’s better to say nothing.

You have to remember their relationship being real is all speculation. You are completely allowed to believe what you will but nothing is known. So the likely hood of them coming out as a couple in the near future? I don’t see if ever.

And don’t read this as me thinking your crazy for thinking they are in a relationship. I accept everyone’s view on the nature of their relationship but sometimes we all do get caught up in are heads and even I do from time to time.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Guilty of thinking about this as well. I honestly highly doubt they'd come out/go public before they go on a worldwide tour - I imagine being 'out' would really complicate the logistics of their show. I mean, like you said.... Russia :|
However, they've loosened the reins so much in the past year that I think eventually they will casually go public with their relationship. I really don't think that they could possibly settle down and raise a family etc. without at least cracking open the door to their glass closet. I agree that it's very likely that eventually, irrefutable evidence will leak. (I mean, it's not like it hasn't happened before... :?) It's either that or they themselves will come forward with whatever their truth is. In the meantime, I think it's very profitable for them to continue to allow their audience to speculate.

Anyway... I'd still be total :garbage: for them to come full circle and glomp one another after a full decade, à la PINOF 1.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««