Dan & Phil Part 61: The 2017 Mince Pie Codex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alch
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

rizzo wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:26 am I'm not exaggerating when I say that insta is easily my new favorite photo of Phil.
It's up there for me.
(just under my pfp because we can all use some quiff in our lives)
Like it could use some quiff but I love how he's not got the butthole mouth or the deer-in-the-headlights eyes
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

alch wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:37 am
rizzo wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:26 am I'm not exaggerating when I say that insta is easily my new favorite photo of Phil.
It's up there for me.
(just under my pfp because we can all use some quiff in our lives)
Like it could use some quiff but I love how he's not got the butthole mouth or the deer-in-the-headlights eyes
Same ^ the expression + the shirt (which I've also been looking for to no avail) makes this a favorite :love2:
mermaid blood wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:21 am @whelpkeeper i'd add to that, because he'd have to dye it dark brown anyway, there's no added effort in just choosing a different shade next time, after using colour stripper to remove the black staining. however, i wonder if not wanting to appear too similar to Dan weighs on a decision like that? their faces are their brand, i forget they're not like us in the freedom they have to experiment constantly (and people who do change their appearance constantly, that is usually a part of their brand, in itself).
I hadn't thought of it like that before- maintaining a brand probably means they don't feel like they can change their appearance just whenever (but I'm glad Dan changed his look and went with his curly hair; though to be fair, that was around the time of his rebranding, so it works out in that regard)

almost top post, darn :lol:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
obvsly
#relatable

Excuse me while I die from the Lesters' soft and warm smile.

Also this:
How sweet is this?? They filmed it 2-3 days ago and didn't feel the rush to scrubbed off the sharpie tattoos? Awww. (I hope at least you don't still have the whiskers, Phil.)
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

dancy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:50 pm How adorable <3
this is the closest i can find? at River Island.
http://www.riverisland.com/p/black-slim ... irt-303422

art in avatar by lily
mathsniel
drama llama
Pronouns: he/him

mermaid blood wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:21 am

found it! it seems to be delisted from asos cue the difficulty finding it.

here

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

mathsniel wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:03 am

here

Yay!! Awesome find, thank you!

And such relief. Briefly, I found myself thinking, "What if... what if it's designer?!"
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

excellent find! well done. phil remains loyal to his favourite clothing sites, lol.

saw this on twitter:
i had noticed lion, but not the lobster! i've gone back and watched a few where he's in a blue shirt but can't find the video with the lobster, though. anyone got a better memory than me?
art in avatar by lily
alch
ar·tic·u·late

mermaid blood wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:34 am excellent find! well done. phil remains loyal to his favourite clothing sites, lol.

saw this on twitter:
i had noticed lion, but not the lobster! i've gone back and watched a few where he's in a blue shirt but can't find the video with the lobster, though. anyone got a better memory than me?
I hadn't noticed lion! I'm nostalgic now better go n watch a bunch of 2009 videos
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

rizzo wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:26 am
mathsniel wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:03 am

here

Yay!! Awesome find, thank you!

And such relief. Briefly, I found myself thinking, "What if... what if it's designer?!"
Then Dan's status as a fashion icon would really be dead in a ditch.

God bless Phil's frugal spending habits, the most stable thing in this fandom.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

It’s this one

I just looked at so many shirts on every high street shop, department store, comparison site, Amazon and every designer included in the first 20 results on Google, and it’s fricking Asos after all :roll: (I looked at them too). Good find :thumb: I love that colour and the simple touches of the collar and covered button planket or however they put it placket. There are so many boring or overdone shirts out there, he has good taste.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Fuck me, that lobster thing is a weird kick of nostalgia that I definitely don't hate.

Now, a (small, bc my patience for scrolling youtube comments is limited) collection of my favorite comments on pinof9, after it trended:
Viofish
glabella

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:17 am Fuck me, that lobster thing is a weird kick of nostalgia that I definitely don't hate.

Now, a (small, bc my patience for scrolling youtube comments is limited) collection of my favorite comments on pinof9, after it trended:

IM CRYING GENUINE TEARS AT THIS COMMENT :happytears: sometimes I become self aware.... and I too realize the same thing :rofl: :rofl:
Last edited by missemma on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Quote tag fixed
"when you finna nut but no one wants to help with your kink"
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

:rofl:
thank you dizzy, i needed that laugh. how are people seeing hilary?!
"y'all gonna fuck???!!!" - i mean, speaking for the people there, 'Mister Phatty'.

thank you flarequake! so phil slapped dan's merman ass with a gift from Stephen, eh? also Kath is suitably amazing and creepy, as per.
art in avatar by lily
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Those comments were so fun, I went on a hunt of my own
obvsly
#relatable

flarequake wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:49 am Those comments were so fun, I went on a hunt of my own
I <3 Phil so much for the fact that he liked these two comments.

LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Now that this is our thread name, I finally had to admit to myself that I didn't know what mince pies were and googled them. I somehow thought they would contain minced meat, but it sounds really tasty and now I want to try one too!

I thought of a ~protip~ if you have good self-control and are worried about a content drought during the tour*: Just don't watch Gamingmas! Then you got 24 videos to spread out over 5 months.

*Speaking of the tour: Do we have an acceptable abbreviation yet? I know that acronyms are a bit "old branding", but "II" just looks so crappy. Is it two captial i's, two lower case L's or a Roman 2? DAPWW doesn't have a good ring to it either. Please don't make a non-native type out "interactive introverts" on the regular.
DatCog
blobfish

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:00 pm Now that this is our thread name, I finally had to admit to myself that I didn't know what mince pies were and googled them. I somehow thought they would contain minced meat, but it sounds really tasty and now I want to try one too!

I thought of a ~protip~ if you have good self-control and are worried about a content drought during the tour*: Just don't watch Gamingmas! Then you got 24 videos to spread out over 5 months.

*Speaking of the tour: Do we have an acceptable abbreviation yet? I know that acronyms are a bit "old branding", but "II" just looks so crappy. Is it two captial i's, two lower case L's or a Roman 2? DAPWW doesn't have a good ring to it either. Please don't make a non-native type out "interactive introverts" on the regular.
Mince pies are one of the best things about the festive season. I've been very disciplined and have resisted them so far (they are not very healthy) but will be indulging when December begins! I'm definitely going to be trying out the D&P favourites from Waitrose...wonder what score the boys gave them!

My crappy suggestion is that we should call the tour LDT (Lady Door Tour or ell dee tee)as Interactive Introverts is a mouthful, even to a native speaker and 'II' is just a bit rubbish and easy to miss when reading through text!
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:00 pm Now that this is our thread name, I finally had to admit to myself that I didn't know what mince pies were and googled them. I somehow thought they would contain minced meat, but it sounds really tasty and now I want to try one too!

Don't feel bad, I'll admit I need to google what mince pies are every year. For some reason I always manage to forget that they don't contain minced meat. :D

@George and I usually call the tour 'The Rat Tour', which doesn't flow properly in English, but the Finnish equivalent sounds really funny. The reason why we have our own nickname for the tour (besides the official name being a mouthful) is the fact that us two generally refer to Dan and Phil as 'the rats' when we're talking about them in Finnish. Adding grammatical case endings to one-syllable foreign names just sounds wrong and messes up the flow of speech and text, which is why we've resorted to using 'the rats' as a kind of a euphemism. :mrgreen:

Anyway, can't we just say 'Lady Door Tour'? That was already a thread name and everything. :lol:
Last edited by somethingsketchy on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

It's TIIT isn't it? :thumb:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Looks like they did a Make a Wish today?

fancybum
senpai

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:00 pm I thought of a ~protip~ if you have good self-control and are worried about a content drought during the tour*: Just don't watch Gamingmas! Then you got 24 videos to spread out over 5 months.
But then that’s just a self-imposed content drought during gamingmas.... Like ‘why be bored later when you can be bored now?’ :lol:

Nah, tour drought is future-me’s problem and she can go fuck herself while I enjoy gamingmas :festive:
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:06 pm I can't find the original tweet, but looks like they did a Make a Wish today?
Dan posted on Instagram.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:07 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:06 pm I can't find the original tweet, but looks like they did a Make a Wish today?
Dan posted on Instagram.
And that would definitely explain why I couldn't find the tweet, lmao.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Catallena wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:00 pm It's TIIT isn't it? :thumb:
I'm sold :ASs: (is there no boob smilie?)

Glad to see Dan finally put his Star Trek uniform sweater to good use!
liola
rankussy

I love how involved they are with Make a wish UK, it really warms my heart 💙

A lot of people on tumblr qnd Twitter are speculating Phil went to see his family now bc he won't go home for Christmas. The idea of derpy and preppy spending Christmas together for what I reckon would be the first is indeed cute, but I highly highly doubt. That said, they have such a big house, they could for sure host their own party for once and invite their families over, spend Christmas together AND see their families. :garbage:

Pardon me as I go cry in a corner at this cute picture of Dan being proudly showing off their real Christmas tree.

I also just realized that since the beginning ofof the year they don't seem to have spent more than 3days apart, or am I wrong?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
realeyesrealize
living flop

liola wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:33 pm I love how involved they are with Make a wish UK, it really warms my heart 💙

A lot of people on tumblr qnd Twitter are speculating Phil went to see his family now bc he won't go home for Christmas. The idea of derpy and preppy spending Christmas together for what I reckon would be the first is indeed cute, but I highly highly doubt. That said, they have such a big house, they could for sure host their own party for once and invite their families over, spend Christmas together AND see their families. :garbage:

Pardon me as I go cry in a corner at this cute picture of Dan being proudly showing off their real Christmas tree.

I also just realized that since the beginning ofof the year they don't seem to have spent more than 3days apart, or am I wrong?
I think this tweet from Cornelia confirms that it was indeed Phil's grandad's 90th birthday celebration, BUT that headcanon is cute as fuck.