Dan & Phil Part 61: The 2017 Mince Pie Codex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
parallel
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

boy slave and cat master......,,,,,, holy fucking shit,, look i joke about not needing to hear about dan's numerous kinks but i legitimately mean it here when i say PHIL, PLEASE, KEEP THAT TO YOURSELF, YOU'RE ENCOURAGING THE FANFICTION
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

smartcookie wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:27 pm
liola wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:01 pm
Also what's with Phil saying there might not be a game everyday? Phil I love you but you can't break my heart like that
Haven't fully caught up so someone might have already said this, but I'm pretty sure phil said something similar before the start of gamingmas last year. So maybe it is just to make sure if they do fail to upload once in a while no one can come for their arses. But idk maybe this is a whole another thing and they are planning to not make it as fully fleshed out as last year? :shrug:
I think you're right, I think Phil just wanted to take the pressure off - but what's interesting is that Dan doesn't seem to agree? I get the feeling like Phil is more concerned about it than Dan, at least. Dan seems like once he's done something one time he's quite confident about his ability to do it again, and since last year they pulled it off... he doesn't think they won't be able to this year.
fancybum
senpai

Am I making things up or do I remember Dan being a little resistant to gamingmas before it started last time? Like it had been Phil’s idea and Dan was a bit pissy about it? Maybe he liked it (or at least the end result) so much that this year he’s more in the zone for it? If any of that even happened? I’m on mobile/at work/lazy so I’m not going to fact-check myself.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
malday
emo goose

fancybum wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:49 pm Am I making things up or do I remember Dan being a little resistant to gamingmas before it started last time? Like it had been Phil’s idea and Dan was a bit pissy about it? Maybe he liked it (or at least the end result) so much that this year he’s more in the zone for it? If any of that even happened? I’m on mobile/at work/lazy so I’m not going to fact-check myself.
Yes and he was also pissy about people nagging him to release the pinof8 bloopers, but this year he pretty much confirmed they will be released on Christmas.
fancybum
senpai

malday wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:07 pm
fancybum wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:49 pm Am I making things up or do I remember Dan being a little resistant to gamingmas before it started last time? Like it had been Phil’s idea and Dan was a bit pissy about it? Maybe he liked it (or at least the end result) so much that this year he’s more in the zone for it? If any of that even happened? I’m on mobile/at work/lazy so I’m not going to fact-check myself.
Yes and he was also pissy about people nagging him to release the pinof8 bloopers, but this year he pretty much confirmed they will be released on Christmas.
What’s he been pissy about lately? I’m missing at least some genuine snark from him, this ‘blissful happiness’ thing is just getting more unrelateable by the day tbh.

mostly joking... mostly..
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Just watched the stream back after seeing it live and then reading everyone here talking about how flirty they seemed. I don’t pick up on that apparently, but it was a lot of fun. Phil is so cheeky, I love it, though in real life if he was like that too often it would drive me nuts and I’d leave. He went so wide-eyed as soon as Dan mentioned December or however he tried to segue into gamingmas, I could almost see him deciding to troll. Funny how he doesn’t listen or think before he says a lot of things, you’d think he was more sensible. Also the “I have no self-control”. Good way to keep doing things you know you shouldn’t :roll:

That mouse story was grim as hell, I used to have a cat who brought live mice inside and lost them, but that took the biscuit. We once had one live behind our dishwasher for months and chew half a plastic dustbin, but tbh that wasn’t the worst. Better scenario was the one I managed to capture in a money box and feed chocolate (they’re not actually so into cheese) overnight before releasing it in the morning.

So glad people captured the first 22 seconds. Not that it was even that interesting, but the curiosity is terrible.
rainydays
sofa crease

I haven't really had the time to check this forum in the past few days and I'm sad that I missed the pinof discussion here, but in short I loved it so much. A new favorite for sure. It was amazing in a different way. Number 8 is fluffier and has more physical contact, but this one was so so cute and funny, they were so happy and giggly and delighted the entire time and I feel like, unlike the previous ones, where they were focused on giving the audience what they wanted, in this one they were more focused on each other and we were all third wheeling a lot, even more than usual.

Anyway. This livestream was something else. I watched it live and it was an utter mess, but wow how do they make a mess like that so endearing, I can't believe. I would have probably been annoyed with anyone else, but with them? It was actually one of the best things they ever did. Bless them.
The last few flirty af minutes were like.. so adorable?? Do they always get like this when they're apart for a few days?? Enlighten a new fan, please. I mean, I've been around for half of this year, but they haven't been apart at all lately, so I'm not sure how they get when they are.

Also PHIL. I am actually in love with this new version of him. Honestly I really don't think it's a new version, I think this is what he has always been (what he was in his early videos) and now he's just shedding some layers, and I am living for it. This goes for both pinof 9 and this livestream. He ruled both. Even dan is left speechless at this point. (and on this note, I need to say that phil saying anal during pinof actually changed me as a person).

Hopefully they will manage to do a full gamingmas. I would forgive them if they missed a few days, but I still selfishly hope they won't (they probably will though). I'm curious to see what games they're going to play besides sims and possibly dream daddy.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:20 pm
malday wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:07 pm
What’s he been pissy about lately? I’m missing at least some genuine snark from him, this ‘blissful happiness’ thing is just getting more unrelateable by the day tbh.

mostly joking... mostly..
I'm inclined to think that just like with the tour, Dan realized he gets something out of having a specific goal to accomplish every single day (when there's an ending sight for the project in mind all along) - so in that regard him wanting to go full on with gamingmas makes sense.

As far as pissy Dan... idk, maybe Phil will hit up the office party and stay late for flaming shots with other guys again.
fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:42 pm As far as pissy Dan... idk, maybe Phil will hit up the office party and stay late for flaming shots with other guys again.
Move over phimmy, December is all about phoug.
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

the mess up at the end of the stream has now updated again without the jump cut that went straight to 'no', 'okay' and includes a lovely convo about hand creases and handussys, even better thanks boys :thumb:
smartcookie
drama llama

Okay so I am just so <3 right now after the livestreamy so not really any coherent thoughts but one thing I had to write down and almost cried a lil noticed, ehm, was at ca 17:09 when phil reads a chat, ‘Neive is stressed but loving it’ and dan quietly says “life”. And idk why but that made my heart so fond and so unreasonably happy for dan he just seems to in a so much better place right now (am I reading to deep into this? Probably) I just feel so much! Please don’t say I’m the only one who picked up on this because oh wow my heart aches in such a good way i simply can’t put into words <3 <3 <3
everything sucks forever
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Missed most of the stream as it happened because I didn't feel like hopping up the stairs but I rewatched the part I missed and my oh my. What a glorious mess that was. With Phil as the star. :love2:

@ :deppy: Don't do anything thread title worthy until this thread hits the limit dammit, I need Boy Slave & Cat Master as the next thread title more than I need my ankle to heal. Who cares about mobility? Not me.

I kinda wanted to vomit at the mouse in the bucket story.. serves them right for leaving water out for that long. Men are filthy.

RIP to my ears, cause of death was Dan screaming bloody murder when realizing people couldn't see the gameplay. I love that Phil tried to shush him several times by telling him to use his indoor voice.. bit late with that sweetie :')

Phil being the human incarnation of the lower your expectations gif about gamingmas. Interesting how Phil had to force Dan into doing to doing it last year (Dan pissed me off so much last year omg I wanted to smack him and his attitude) and now Dan is all like 'YES GAMINGMAS VIDEO EVERY DAY' while Phil needs to calm him the hell down. I really hope they're able to deliver a video every day.

Dan warned us that Phil was a troll and we always laughed but even after all this years Phil is still able to get to Dan live on camera. Dan really thought for a sec :lol: "What??" "Sure, that's fine.." < how domestic arguments start. And we know what Phil does during a domestic.. he plays Hello Internet to annoy Dan. And Phil took moistbreadslap.com and redirected to Hello Internet. Hmmmm :hmmm:

btw I wonder why Phil's bad driving has come up twice in one week now?
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:42 pm As far as pissy Dan... idk, maybe Phil will hit up the office party and stay late for flaming shots with other guys again.
I forgot that this happened and I want to thank you for reminding me.
Lucyrg95 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:25 pm the mess up at the end of the stream has now updated again without the jump cut that went straight to 'no', 'okay' and includes a lovely convo about hand creases and handussys, even better thanks boys :thumb:
I just noticed this! As if this livestream couldn't be more of a mess :rofl:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
malday
emo goose

Lucyrg95 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:25 pm the mess up at the end of the stream has now updated again without the jump cut that went straight to 'no', 'okay' and includes a lovely convo about hand creases and handussys, even better thanks boys :thumb:
wow, how did that happen? that bit was missing when it was live. :lol:
OhItsElliott
drama llama
Pronouns: He/him

I was so sad I slept through the stream live, that must have been magical to watch in real time!

It's nothing that hasn't already been said but that was a mess and a half and the most enjoyable gaming ls they've ever done. What a blessing, honestly. Can they always be this unorganized and silly please?! I'm really hoping gamingmas follows this trend because seeing them so relaxed or stressed but mostly being this real is the best. <3 I mean, Phil calling Dan his boyslave while he is a cat master was a bit much... but Dan's reaction was pretty priceless. Hopefully they realize how much everyone seems to love this ls and see they can have a few vids for gamingmas that are a bit of a mess and it just makes them that much more endearing. I know Phil was trying to take the pressure off with the "most days" thing but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for one a day till xmas.

Also thanks @alittledizzy for the timestamps, you caught a few moments I missed. Going to rewatch now!

Oh, and Phil being the ultimate troll with http://www.moistbreadslap.com had me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love him.
OhItsElliott
drama llama
Pronouns: He/him

smartcookie wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:41 pm Okay so I am just so <3 right now after the livestreamy so not really any coherent thoughts but one thing I had to write down and almost cried a lil noticed, ehm, was at ca 17:09 when phil reads a chat, ‘Neive is stressed but loving it’ and dan quietly says “life”. And idk why but that made my heart so fond and so unreasonably happy for dan he just seems to in a so much better place right now (am I reading to deep into this? Probably) I just feel so much! Please don’t say I’m the only one who picked up on this because oh wow my heart aches in such a good way i simply can’t put into words <3 <3 <3
Sorry for the double post but I forgot about this! You weren't the only one that caught that, I had the same thought and it made my heart happy. Maybe we are reading too deep into it but oh well, I like Dan's subtle wholesomeness <3
greenergrass
stress mushroom

malday wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:52 pm
lmao yeah I swear that parted didn't happen live? I'm so confused, how did it get added in later. Maybe there was a lag that cut it out originally? This livestream was a mess, but a glorious mess - definitely my fav one so far.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

whatdoiknow wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:38 am
malday wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:52 pm
lmao yeah I swear that parted didn't happen live? I'm so confused, how did it get added in later. Maybe there was a lag that cut it out originally? This livestream was a mess, but a glorious mess - definitely my fav one so far.
I'm assuming the camera and mic recorded it and—excuse the fact that i have no idea how live streaming on youtube really works—they were able to fix the lag, because there was a definite glitch in that moment when it was live, and add it in afterwards. (also sorry if this post was redundant..)
either way i'm glad they added it in and kept in the bit at the end.
fancy_nancy
phabergé

fondsmiles wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:23 pm
  1. People driving cars actually makes them 10 times hotter. This is a scientifically proven fact.
I know right?! every time they mention driving, I think I hope that's something I get to see someday hahha, specially bc they both say how terrible Phil is at driving, i'm like pfff no one can be as bad as I am at driving :lol:
Loafer
sofa crease

On the topic of driving: in the Pinof video, did Dan say “drive a car” or “drive the car” during the bit where Phil was confusing rights and lefts? I couldn’t tell, and don’t think it matters too much because Dan misspeaks all the time, but I initially heard “drive the car” and immediately thought “wait, they don’t have a car?” when I watched it the first time. I assumed I heard wrong or Dan misspoke, but it did seem like an odd thing for people who don’t drive to mention. Now after this livestream I’m wondering about it again, it does seem like there might have been some driving related incident recently? I can’t imagine why they would own a car but maybe they do? It would give them the ability to travel and just get around the city without being seen, at the very least. And it’s not something they are likely to bring up, because a) unrelatable adult stuff and b) owning a car together would be pretty revealing.

Obviously this is total speculation based on some throwaway comments, but I’ll be eagerly awaiting any more car/driving related comments.
willowgarden
squish

Catallena wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:48 pm What a glorious mess that was. With Phil as the star.

Phil being the human incarnation of the lower your expectations gif about gamingmas. Interesting how Phil had to force Dan into doing to doing it last year (Dan pissed me off so much last year omg I wanted to smack him and his attitude) and now Dan is all like 'YES GAMINGMAS VIDEO EVERY DAY' while Phil needs to calm him the hell down. I really hope they're able to deliver a video every day.
On the theme of driving, has anyone else commented on the idea that Phil side-seat drives the livestream? In various videos? "Did you already .. [pissy voice] I did. Get that ready... Right.... the stream is .. continuing!? [squeak; panicked clicking off camera]"

I agree that Phil is the star. And the editor. And the go-to man on set. And no wonder he's continuing the theme of "every day.. if we can" from last year. Young gun is sitting next to him, that runaway mouth writing checks which Phil is then asked to cash.
I don’t know anybody or anything. Please don’t ever talk to me again. Tell everybody to stop talking to me. ~ Kurt Vonnegut
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:28 pm
pilotlight wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:12 pm
valmuska wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:01 pmi call them "tatu ja patu" in my head :D
"dan ja phil" just sounds so wrong.

(this was very important post. now back to lurking)
Love it. All the different iterations of what people call :deppy: other than their actual names is my favourite thing tbh.
I salute you, @valmuska, that just made my day! Tatu & Patu are Finnish children's book characters who do all kinds of wacky things together, and now I'll probably never be able to go to the bookstore without thinking about Dan and Phil. :rofl:
words that i never excepted to see on a dan and phil forum...
welp, you've now ruined both tatu ja patu and deppy for me. waiting to find crossover fanart on suomitumblr soon.
hello9217 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:09 pm So I noticed that before they announced the tour they kept bringing up Russia. Like just casually mentioning it in live shows and streams. And then they announce the tour and one of the place their going is in fact Russia. Now they keep talking about Phil driving, or not being able to drive. Like no one brings it up but Dan has been saying it quite a few times. Have they been discussing driving more? Do they need to get a car for when they move to a forever home? After the jaguar event did Dan's obsession with cars peak and now his bougie ass wants a fancy car? Did Phil try to drive recently with Dan and it ended badly? Why do I want to see Phil driving? Like why do everyday occurrences somehow intrigue me when dnp are involved?
i thought about this for a while and realized that they were landing airplanes on the flight simulator just today (for make a wish, if yall have completely lost your memories of anything that happened before "boy slave/cat master, which is understandable, tbh)! and in the post dan especially mentioned phil, so it could be that phil controlling an airplane reminds them of something :D
just previewed this post and saw @Loafer 's suggestion, and now i really like the mental image of them owning a car :rofl: i mean, idk how plausible that is in real life, but i love driving and rarely get to travel by car nowadays, so deppy just cruising through london with a car more expensive than my whole life... please, let that be true in some parallel universe
saffarinda
truth bomb

willowgarden wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:29 am
I agree that Phil is the star. And the editor. And the go-to man on set. And no wonder he's continuing the theme of "every day.. if we can" from last year. Young gun is sitting next to him, that runaway mouth writing checks which Phil is then asked to cash.
this is the best metaphor i’ve ever read lmaooo

i don’t think we should underestimate how much dan puts into gamingmas, but last year if they failed it would’ve been funny because “dan and phil uploading for a month? impossible!” joke and i think phil’s slightly worried they’re setting up for too much and will get a lot of angry tweets if they fail. dan’s being more optimistic in this situation because he knows he can do it and he enjoyed getting something completed and out there everyday.
25/04/2017 - #blessed
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Off topic about the gaming live steam

Do you think we will get a dinof video with the next couple of days? Dan has been saying for a couple weeks he was gonna put one out and hasn’t, then said we will get one after pinof. I know they are aiming for a lot of gaming videos when December hits which is only 4 days away and I don’t see him putting out a main video on a same day as a gaming one.

So do you think we will get one within a couple days because no live steam or after gamingmus is done?
dancy
procrastinator

Secretstanner wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:09 pm Off topic about the gaming live steam

Do you think we will get a dinof video with the next couple of days? Dan has been saying for a couple weeks he was gonna put one out and hasn’t, then said we will get one after pinof. I know they are aiming for a lot of gaming videos when December hits which is only 4 days away and I don’t see him putting out a main video on a same day as a gaming one.

So do you think we will get one within a couple days because no live steam or after gamingmus is done?
I mean, Dan did hint at another Internet Support Group during his last live show. In fact, he seems to have been planning on doing another one for quite a while now since he talked about maybe uploading on dinof before the baking video during his live show from October 17th after someone asked him when there will be a new ISG.

So yeah, I am kinda expecting him to upload it sometime in the next couple of days, especially since the last proper dinof video (not counting the tour trailer) was the baking video from almost a month ago and I think it would just be too late if he did it after Gamingmas bc that would be a month from now.
willowgarden
squish

saffarinda wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:19 am
i don’t think we should underestimate how much dan puts into gamingmas, but last year if they failed it would’ve been funny because “dan and phil uploading for a month? impossible!” joke and i think phil’s slightly worried they’re setting up for too much and will get a lot of angry tweets if they fail. dan’s being more optimistic in this situation because he knows he can do it and he enjoyed getting something completed and out there everyday.
Agreed! Dan hesitated in 2016 because it was a lot of planning and investment, but was subsequently so proud of the Gamingmas in the last vid. Hopefully his optimism isn't dimmed by any angry retweets. I forgot how he mentioned that reading 1 negative in 49 positives wears on him.

I'm hoping for main channel vids in December as well. It's the festive season! Perfect for candle reviews My desire to hear the candle recaps from Dan is made heartier as winter arrives. If it is ISG from Dan, I'll wait for gifs and recaps. Hopefully Phil is brewing a main channel idea. My personal dream is Phil's take on the Animal Crossing app, as he was a fan of the original, and the new one's game engine apparently doesn't see the players' actions as fulfilling the need (build me this specific chair to sit on during my visit, and then I'll never sit there). I want to see some old-school GamingPhil takes on the newer versions of classic games like AC and Mario.
I don’t know anybody or anything. Please don’t ever talk to me again. Tell everybody to stop talking to me. ~ Kurt Vonnegut