Dan & Phil Part 61: The 2017 Mince Pie Codex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

Happy 1st day of Gamingmas!!!

A bit of :tinfoil: to start the day: Phil liked this tweet Apparently Nick Jonas is doing YouTube collabs..Is this gonna be the return of #Dick? and jealous!Phil please and thank u
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alch
ar·tic·u·late

liola wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:02 pm
Apparently Nick Jonas is doing YouTube collabs..Is this gonna be the return of #Dick? and jealous!Phil please and thank u
maybe buddy will finally be in london
onomatopoeia
squish

alch wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:42 pm
Apparently Nick Jonas is doing YouTube collabs..Is this gonna be the return of #Dick? and jealous!Phil please and thank u
oh god. i hope nick jonas never asks dan what 'hey buddy you in london' actually is. i cringe just thinking about it. but then i really like seeing dan suffer so :shrug:
George
sad dimple

If we get a Nick Jonas and Dan video I'm gonna explode. That would be a new definition of iconic.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan and Phil have both been active pretty early on twitter today. Dan liked a few politics tweets, and also this:
Which just means that he continues to be full of lies, good to know good to know.

And Phil retweeted this fan-made trailer for their merch shop?
Because, you know. Gotta love a well done spon. (At least, I hope you all do.)
alien
procrastinator

onomatopoeia wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:56 pm
alch wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:42 pm
oh god. i hope nick jonas never asks dan what 'hey buddy you in london' actually is. i cringe just thinking about it. but then i really like seeing dan suffer so :shrug:
I hope he asks and I hope there's video of it haha

Happy Gamingmas! :epictree: :festivedeppy: :epictree: I'm quite busy later today so chances are I wont be able to watch until late tonight! But I hope everyone enjoys it!
plastictrees
drama llama

bets on the first couple of games to go up?
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:42 pm
And Phil retweeted this fan-made trailer for their merch shop?
Because, you know. Gotta love a well done spon. (At least, I hope you all do.)
martyn also replied to the original tweet, and they've put the video up on the shop site! i'm always happy when fans get their works recognized.

their old merch designs are mostly fanmade, and they've sold well. really hoping they'll get some new stuff the same way (and retire the japan designs while they're at it :sideeye: ). it's fairly low cost/effort for them, plus it promotes independent artists

i also want understated aesthetic merch, but i don't see why we can't have both
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

What a useful calm before the gamingmas storm... so I'm gonna use this opportunity to announce something cool we're doing during the month of December - IDB merch!

You can find a fully detailed post here, but the tl;dr of it is that as forum costs rise, we're reaching a point where the mod/admin team are unable to fully fund it out of pocket. But because we want to use this season to do some good in addition to raising money for ourselves, for every item sold 50% of what we get (after Redbubble has taken the manufacturing and shipping portion) and half of any donations made will go toward a charity chosen by the IDB community. Details about the possible charities and the voting poll can be found at the link above.

(You know you really want a shibe pattern idb mug. Or even better: a capita£ester sticker, because yes - we had to make catallena's dream a reality. #spon)
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, brilliant idea! I wish I could buy almost one of everything, as it is I'm only halfway through reading the post and :rofl: Whichever of you wrote that, as well as did the designs (aha, just got to the end of the post, catallena and savvymavvy :tu: ) and got it all organised :respekt2:
fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:42 pm What a useful calm before the gamingmas storm... so I'm gonna use this opportunity to announce something cool we're doing during the month of December - IDB merch!
You can find a fully detailed post here, but the tl;dr of it is that as forum costs rise, we're reaching a point where the mod/admin team are unable to fully fund it out of pocket. But because we want to use this season to do some good in addition to raising money for ourselves, for every item sold 50% of what we get (after Redbubble has taken the manufacturing and shipping portion) and half of any donations made will go toward a charity chosen by the IDB community. Details about the possible charities and the voting poll can be found at the link above.

(You know you really want a shibe pattern idb mug. Or even better: a capita£ester sticker, because yes - we had to make catallena's dream a reality. #spon)
Could you all maybe fuck off? It’s December, I’m supposed to be spending money on other people, not myself and now I’m gonna have to get a fucking mug (among other things..). Sigh.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:42 pm What a useful calm before the gamingmas storm... so I'm gonna use this opportunity to announce something cool we're doing during the month of December - IDB merch!

I can't believe you're gonna force me to purchase an actual sticker of myself aka the pink garbage can. How disrespectful of you. And all those cute af shibes for me to metaphorically but also physically sip tea of? Rude.

Jk good job team!! Now let's see how much I can actually splurge <3

ams
smol bean

First-time poster but I saw on Cornelia's instagram story that she and Martyn went out and got a real tree. I can only hope Dan and Phil follow their example lmao
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I want a mug and a shirt but I've already exceeded my December budget 2x over. I'd probably have money by January so I really hope the IDB merch will still be available by then. :happytears: :please:

p.s. welcome to the forum ams! :ribena:
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
DatCog
blobfish

And so it begins!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, not even 3 minutes in and already :shock: :rofl: at Dan. Good grief, boy, behave :roll:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Well I guess that was the exact opposite of a soft and neat let's play with Phil; instead, we got horribly lynx murder feat. Dan. Tbh I didn't have much hope considering it wasn't titled "Sheltered 2 | Part 1" or something like that.
Still a good video, but not filling the footsteps of the first series.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Grief circle for all of us who had dreams of another solo Phil game.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I didn’t really care for Shelter, and that hasn’t changed with Shelter 2. Don’t know what it is, but it’s not my kind of game.
There were a few cute moments and some sad ones (Dan wasn’t a good mother) but this is not a vid I would rewatch.
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

adshfsa i just wanted to say this has me got me thinking about phan parents and how much of a hot mess dad dan would be with phil being this ultimate calm, guiding figure of the house idfasfscashfg :philtrash: :philtrash: :philtrash: :philtrash: :philtrash:
I'm not sure why a bunch of you don't seem to like it - of course, Shelter with just Phil as a series was superior, but this, for me, was still an enjoyable watch. They both seemed really into it and their discussion of events happening in the game was cute. Though, I bet Phil was judging Dan so hard during that game.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
liola
rankussy

I had to stop to laugh out loud when Dan realized he lost all the babies. I just can't :rofl: I feel like I saw the slow realization in Phil of "oh god let's not have children"

That was hilarious, definitely more stressful than Shelter. I feel like the badgers fit Phil's personality just like the lynx fits Dan's.

A nice start to gamingmas for me and also Phil playing with Dan's hat was cute damn furries

auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

I don't even... know. The game seems hard, I don't remember the first time Phil played it, but geez that was an experience. I was not ready for 20 minutes of Dan screaming but I happened and now I'm slightly less excited for the gamingmas. Also, they uploaded so damn late for me and here I am, my ears are ringing bc of Dan's lovely voice and my eyes are bleeding bc of that horrible hat he had on. Phil was a sweetheart to be honest. Idk what to think. It was something. I liked it?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

relatablemood wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:05 pm
adshfsa i just wanted to say this has me got me thinking about phan parents and how much of a hot mess dad dan would be with phil being this ultimate calm, guiding figure of the house idfasfscashfg :philtrash: :philtrash: :philtrash: :philtrash: :philtrash:
I'm not sure why a bunch of you don't seem to like it - of course, Shelter with just Phil as a series was superior, but this, for me, was still an enjoyable watch. They both seemed really into it and their discussion of events happening in the game was cute. Though, I bet Phil was judging Dan so hard during that game.
I'm not speaking for everyone else, but the game just genuinely made me sad. Is there a support group for people who get too quickly and easy attached to pixelated animal characters? Or like. Real animals. But for this scenario, pixelated. I realized quickly that Dan was gonna lose the babies based on his gameplay choices, like running away from them without bothering to keep up with where they were, and... I'm not gonna exaggerate it and say I was like, super upset but I definitely wasn't enjoying watching cute animals get killed? And to be honest it didn't feel like Dan was enjoying that either. It was just kind of a (literally) sad start to the month which kills the hype somewhat. But only temporarily; the hype will be back tomorrow as I get excited to see what they do next.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I might be just too tired for this, but the video felt somewhat confusing to me. There was too much jumping between the gameplay and D&P, which made the gameplay difficult to follow. I was also really cranky even before the video, and Dan's usual dramatic whining certainly didn't help. However, I think it would be useful for me to rewatch the video in the morning before forming a final opinion because I can't tell if I'm annoyed just because I was already annoyed or because the video was actually annoying.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I mean I did want Phil to play it so I'm a little disappointed, but still a fun video imo.
It went exactly how I would expect Dan's version of shelter to go