Dan & Phil Part 61: The 2017 Mince Pie Codex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
plastictrees
drama llama

saffarinda wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:05 pm So before tonights late night vid (because we all know they won’t be early), I was casually wondering what are y’alls favourite phan moments. The moments that seriously convinced you that they were together (or if you don’t ship phan, that convinced you that they loved each other platonically) or just make you happy/content every time.

Mine have to be:
  • ”I’ve spent the majority of 2016 with another person”
  • ”Phil’s obsessed with corgis... so, brace for that- who knows”
  • Some of the old dailybooth comments/tweets/formspring answers that were vv cute.

“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return”,

Have you ever been in love?
    “Then the third time is the best time ever.
    Real, true, requited love which is the best feeling in the world.”

What would you do if you had 30 seconds left to live
    “ring phil”

“< the week i spent with phil”

What’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever done for you?
    “maybe what phil’s done for me”
honestly i don’t think i have to list anymore after that, now i just wanna go through old formspring answers. but i wanna know what everyone else’s are!

For me (ignoring The Video and 2009 dailybooth/formspring bc there’s too much)

- That radio moment where they both look at each other and smile and look away still smiling
- BONCAS
-the joint singapore selfie (i love how natural it is)
- Dan’s panicked ‘nonono’ when Phil slipped in pinof9
-The way Dan looks at Phil in the festive ditl when he’s on the sofa with his sleeve hands
- The radio Dan vs Phil where they recognised each other by touching their cheeks
- The ‘oyster noise’ moment
saffarinda
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

liola wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:56 pm
One thing that I forgot and remembered yesterday is the video where they first put up the Rave tree, how Phil calls it "our tree" even though they wouldn't move in together until the next year 💙
that’s a good one lia omg. so many cute one’s have been mentioned im getting fond (the way dan looks at phil in the christmas ditl vid fucks me over every time).

forgot to mention, i was rewatching the higher or lower vid and when phil started to talk about the guy he met in an airport three times i love how dan held up three fingers as soon as he began the story. or in the old would you rather video i remember dan staring at phil and mouthing along the words as phil spoke (reminds me of the way emma watson mouthed along everyone else’s lines in the philosophers stone lmao). just dan knowing what phil’s going to say

also, not really a phan moment but when dan and phil were on the radio and in sync said “I did about ten, and then” with completely the same pace and tone - freaked me tf out but shows how insanely connected they are if they can do a whole sentence the exact same.
added cute things under spoiler bc im rambling: dan not believing phil could lie when they were playing board games with cat, cat talking about how connected dan and phil are, literally every time dan gets defensive over something occuring to phil (kyle the trainer), and dan willing to speak for phil on the phone (presumably in person as well) because of phil’s anxiety about it
25/04/2017 - #blessed
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

saffarinda wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:05 pm So before tonights late night vid (because we all know they won’t be early), I was casually wondering what are y’alls favourite phan moments. The moments that seriously convinced you that they were together (or if you don’t ship phan, that convinced you that they loved each other platonically) or just make you happy/content every time.
the fact that dan kept the original pinof questions in the "secret box" in his room makes my heartrate increase every time i think about it

also, all the 2009 formspring/dailybooth/etc. things everyone's already mentioned, as well as the comments they had written on voldy
swofro
angel bean

My fav moments are:
daniel howell wrote:I love you and your bird nose
and

Sidenote: I am actually amaze by how many ravenclaws are in idb. Also shout out to my fellow minority gryffindors. I'm that one timid gryffindor who will probably struggle for seven years trying to just fit in and be average :ribena:
Love is forever
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Off-topic to the current discussion but you guys generally like these: PJ's latest video intro got interrupted by #spon. Capita£ester will make sure this calendar is advertised on all channels, not just on his!
saffarinda
truth bomb

interesting... any guesses?
25/04/2017 - #blessed
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

saffarinda wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:15 pm interesting... any guesses?
....didn't they already do that on the first night?
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Dan once again in one of his twitter replies made a comment about driving (can't find it right now.. something about looking for a christmas tree being within 10 min driving or walking distance). Makes me even more certain they, or at least Dan recently got a car. Idk just wanted to share this. I guess Phil drives ocassionally too because of the left/right comment on pinof 9?

Also that hint is completely useless, I have no idea :lol:
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
Secretstanner
truth bomb

yellowsubmarine wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:35 pm Dan once again in one of his twitter replies made a comment about driving (can't find it right now.. something about looking for a christmas tree being within 10 min driving or walking distance). Makes me even more certain they, or at least Dan recently got a car. Idk just wanted to share this. I guess Phil drives ocassionally too because of the left/right comment on pinof 9?

Also that hint is completely useless, I have no idea :lol:
See I was someone who though the car comments were only that comments and nothing more but as soon as I saw that tweet I thought it was interresting and now I’m questioning that maybe that dan does have a car. Maybe there was benefits to going on that Mercedes panel!?

The fact that he put drive instead of car ride away which is making me think that maybe he is the one driving and not a taxi or underground ride.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm really reading that tweet differently tbh? He wants to get a tree from a place where he wouldn't need to drive to because he can't. Or walk for more than 10 minutes because he's lazy and on brand. I still really don't see why they'd waste money on a car while living in London...

I grew up without a car in the family so we had the same criteria for getting a tree (before getting a fake one). Often the nicest trees aren't sold nearby in the city, hence why you'd need a car. Luckily we were blessed with a garden center a few blocks away.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
nigel ratburn

they're obviously playing the strip version of snake that dan had linked on his website when he was 12
JustMarie
drama llama

Ok bit late for last video but I actually liked it even though I know nothing about HP.

I have friends that are big fans of HP so they decided to sort my house like two years ago and I got Ravenclaw. But I decided to do it now to see if it changed, and it actually did. I'm now from Hufflepuff :lol:
I think they're playing some old game that they used to play when they were younger. I have zero knowledge about video games, so I'm curious about what will they play.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Hamilton previews start this week in London right? Do you think dan might have pulled strings and gotten four tickets for that Thursday and that might be their ~plans?
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm Hamilton previews start this week in London right? Do you think dan might have pulled strings and gotten four tickets for that Thursday and that might be their ~plans?
Oh god why would you put this out in the world. I'm going to London to see Hamilton on Saturday and I've been telling myself not to hope cause they're probably going on January :|

Also I know this probably will never happen but am I the only one who would love for them to play some FF on the gaming channel? Dan talking about nostalgic games made me think about FFVII :love2:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
hello9217
flower crown

I’m hoping that if they do the truth bombs extension pack they would do it with Martyn and Cornelia. Like that would be so cute but I know it’s extremely far fetched.
Also I’m pretty sure that Dan said their tickets were for January but he could have pulled some strings. Like they saw Book of Mormon a couple of times so I wouldn’t be surprised if they went to see Hamilton more than once.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

lowkey late to the party here but like

In terms of what convinced me, that'd be the vday video, though it's not one of my favorite moments. I've always felt super uncomfortable watching it because it feels too personal, and it's not meant for me.

But favorite moments:
-the boncas, of course
-every time they travel together with phil's family
-the japan trip
-that one thing from the tatinof documentary where they're both in the bed and dan pokes phil in the face with his hair
nigel ratburn

THEY'RE PLAYING POPTROPICA I CANNOT BELIEVE IT

i literally used to have a tumblr about poptropica that the creators followed and i got a couple of dms from their social media manager while i was active on it so POPTROPICA IS VERY NEAR AND DEAR TO MY HEART i honestly never thought this would happen i'm so overwhelmed rn
anonymousdork
delia smith

FRICK YEAH POPTROPICA. That shit was my childhood. Man, I have vivid memories of coming home from second grade, getting a gogurt, and playing the Greek Mythology island on my dad's desktop. I got premium membership for my birthday and everything.

So anyway, this excites me.
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I've literally never heard of Poptropica, but Phil is filthy in this already so I'm down with it.
liola wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:46 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm Hamilton previews start this week in London right? Do you think dan might have pulled strings and gotten four tickets for that Thursday and that might be their ~plans?
Oh god why would you put this out in the world. I'm going to London to see Hamilton on Saturday and I've been telling myself not to hope cause they're probably going on January :|

Also I know this probably will never happen but am I the only one who would love for them to play some FF on the gaming channel? Dan talking about nostalgic games made me think about FFVII :love2:
Dan definitely said they had tickets in December! And then Phil said he'd go with his family around his birthday so my assumption is just that they have two sets of tickets, and are seeing it multiple times.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I must be too old to know what poptropica is as I’ve never heard of it. I found the game incredibly boring so clicked off after 8 minutes. I’m not someone who watches just to see them do “cute” stuff, I wanna see some good gaming.

I also tried to watch the Pottermore video but 3 minutes in i was bored af so also stopped watching.

So far the games seem a really weird mixture to me, I hope they play some stuff I find interesting soon.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I honestly had never heard of poptropica before so no nostalgia for me.

Phil talking about sex and joining the mile high club was not something I was expecting. (though I feel like I should have)

I don’t know what it was about this vid, but it was not capturing my attention. I’m here for the bants and not the games, but this was just boring.

Gamingmas hasn’t been a hit for me yet, though I liked yesterday’s vid a lot.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

oh god the nostalgia!!! also, phil mentioning the mile high club literally made me have to stop and rewind to make sure i heard correctly
saffarinda
truth bomb

had no idea what poptropica was. liked the bants, phil in paticular, but it just felt like the club penguin vid but worse? (i loved the club penguin vid tho tbh).

dan questioning whether the game was just ww2 propaganda did make me laugh quite a lot though

overall ehh, might rewatch at some point for the bants but not the most impressive vid. i do find playing the kids games amusing but this one didn’t do it for me
25/04/2017 - #blessed
nigel ratburn

yeah poptropica is definitely a nostalgic thing for people around 15-25 and no one else, lol. it first came out when i was in third grade, i think? and it was in its peak popularity around 5th-6th grade for me. (~2009). i can imagine that the video was pretty boring for anyone who wasn't already familiar with it, but i personally enjoyed it for the nostalgia alone. sorry for everyone else
000dia000
emo goose

I've been looking forward to a video all day, That was probably the most boring video they've ever done. I struggled to finish it. It's a literal kids game, they're engaged in it, but there's no commentary. They're both muttering to each other random shit but there is no conversation or intelligent observations, just lol random stuff. I feel like I'm dying slowly in the same way as when I'm forced to watch a tv show aimed towards two-year-olds. The only thing to stimulate a person is some innuendos and they act :love2: cute :love2: I'm struggling to find anything positive about this video. The editing is rushed, right down to the end, they just didn't give a shit with the tone, the pace, anything about it. The worst video they've ever done imo.
:cactus: