Dan & Phil Part 61: The 2017 Mince Pie Codex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

I had no clue what the hell was Poptropica and tbh i still dont' care about it, I'm def too old for that lmao but wow Phil is getting dirtier and dirtier, yes baby, drop that innocent bean branding, I'm expecting to hear him swear as a sailor by the end of the month :garbage:

The mile high club, I can't, as if I needed that kind of mental picture in my life.

@dizzy oh now i don't know if i'm gonna be relieved or mildly disappointed if I don't see them at Hamilton lmao i'm already getting antsy about if i wanna hope to meet them out and about or not
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
anonymousdork
delia smith

missemma wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:38 pm I must be too old to know what poptropica is as I’ve never heard of it. I found the game incredibly boring so clicked off after 8 minutes. I’m not someone who watches just to see them do “cute” stuff, I wanna see some good gaming.

I also tried to watch the Pottermore video but 3 minutes in i was bored af so also stopped watching.

So far the games seem a really weird mixture to me, I hope they play some stuff I find interesting soon.
Yeah, I enjoyed the Pottermore video, and I'm really excited for the Poptropica one (homework is preventing immediate gratification), but I can see how they sort of only make sense if you're familiar with the content, and would be boring if you aren't. Hopefully, we'll get some "serious" gaming soon!
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm way too old for Poptropica, I think. I'm 26 and I've never once heard of it. But I'll take anything if it involves Phil talking about joining the mile high club. :ribena: I'll admit I'm not a big fan of them playing games for literal children, but it's not the first time they've done that, and they're obviously catering to their (largely younger than I am) audience.

I'm waiting for a video to blow us all away though, hope that is coming soon. The first one and this one were okay-ish, yesterday's was good, I want something really good. :D
howadorableright
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

As someone who was known at my school for being the best at Poptropica, I can say that they did it all wrong and that I'm thouroughly disappointed :lol:
back back back back again
alch
ar·tic·u·late

This video wasn't my favorite. I'd echo the ideas that it felt like a worse version of the club penguin video. Honestly, I've hardly heard of Poptropica though so maybe it'd be interesting for someone very familiar, but I found it pretty boring. there wasn't quite enough to bant about in the game for this video to rely on the bants.
JustMarie
drama llama

AAAAAAAAAH! I LOVE POPTROPICA!!
It was my entire childhood!! I remember playing this in my entire summer vacation when I was like 10, when they used to make a new island every week.

The video was ok, didn't show the interesting stuff.
Also, I didn't expect Phil mentioning the mile high club and lots of other sex references.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Ok Poptropica was my entire elementary and middle school trend so I have enjoyed the video so far, but had to comment on Phil Lester's "mile-high club" joke, it had me wheezing. So blessed that he's finally ditching the "innocence" and acting his age. Don't think I quite understand why they would choose such a young-kids game to play for 15 minutes… rather have the shitty Christmas flash games tbh
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

i'm 23 but never heard of poptropica...not a very interesting game and even though it was apparently highly requested it seemed a bit low effort to me. especially when coming the day after a video where all they did was play a quiz. i understand there's a lot of work going into daily uploads but it's only day 3 of gamingmas...i feel like i'd understand more if this happened after a solid week of gaming.

some cute bants though, phil is still a delight.

phil referencing the mile high club and telling dan to twirl the statue around so they could see the penis...living for mature!pil.
dancy
procrastinator

My review of this video: .........

Sorry for being a Negative Nancy but I thought that was kinda boring. This is coming from someone who actually really enjoyed their Club Penguin video, so when Dan said Poptropica is similar to it, I thought it would be nice.

I guess all those people requested this game out of nostalgia but I have never heard of it, so maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it very much. Eh, I hope we'll get a more story-driven/engaging gaming video soon.
fancybum
senpai

missemma wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:38 pm I must be too old to know what poptropica is as I’ve never heard of it. I found the game incredibly boring so clicked off after 8 minutes. I’m not someone who watches just to see them do “cute” stuff, I wanna see some good gaming.

I also tried to watch the Pottermore video but 3 minutes in i was bored af so also stopped watching.

So far the games seem a really weird mixture to me, I hope they play some stuff I find interesting soon.
What did you think about the Shelter video?

I’ve also never heard of this game but if Phil’s being filthy I love it already and can’t wait to watch it later. Actually on reading other responses I’m half as hyped but I’ve liked the past 2 so I’m not too fussed if it’s a bit meh.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
drearyquery
drama llama

Like many others so far gamingmas has been a little.. underwhelming for me? There have been good lines and some good bants but they haven’t seen that interested which makes it harder for me to be interested :(

That said we’re at the very beginning so I’m still hopeful for good gameplay later on, and I appreciate the daily content.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Never heard of the game so didn’t know what to expect but when they mentioned it was like club penguin I got excited because it’s one of my favourite gaming videos they have ever done.

I dunno about this one? Phils mood for all these gaming videos so far has been the highlight for me but dan seems a bit off like he didn’t actually wanna play the game just wanted to get it over with. I understand why he’s a 26 year old man playing a game for children so I get it. Hopefully they play more games with actually game play. Or some just dance! Or more switch games.
I still go back and watch the dan vs Phil dance evolution and the spots one they did last Xmas so I’d be down for more of that!

I really hope phil keeps up this amazing mood he’s in because it’s the only thing keeping me going and actually laughing at these videos

Just wanted to edit because I forgot to mention phils hair I thought it looked good in this video, I’m not about the quiff for him but I definitely like it’s more messy like in this video. I don’t know if he didn’t straighten it but I though it looked good :love2:
Last edited by Secretstanner on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howadorableright

alch wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:50 pm This video wasn't my favorite. I'd echo the ideas that it felt like a worse version of the club penguin video. Honestly, I've hardly heard of Poptropica though so maybe it'd be interesting for someone very familiar, but I found it pretty boring. there wasn't quite enough to bant about in the game for this video to rely on the bants.
Poptropica is actually pretty extensive game and they definitely didn’t hit the interesting points or show the actual gameplay. There is actually loads and loads of unique stories and quests which would have been a lot more interesting, but it definitely would have taken more than 15 minutes to expand upon even one island. They 100% did not get the point of the game, saying it was like club penguin :lol:

I love how when I actually post, I post about a children's game that I used to be obsessed with lmao
back back back back again
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I paused halfway through to muster up the energy for the rest of it. The bants during the mini games just about saved it for me and I appreciated Dan’s back-care comments. Otherwise it was a rare flop for me. I’d never heard of the game, but that doesn’t matter. I watched my favourite kids movie Hotel for Dogs this afternoon for the first time in a few years and loved it all over again, I love some kids stuff, but I find such cutesy well-meaning things for kids like this irritating and bland, and their commentary grated. I haven’t watched StampyCat for more than two minutes, but I can imagine his energy and commentary would suit it way better. Even with some genuine interest it was scraping the barrel for how much their bants can save something quite boring. I think the best moment for me was Phil’s finger-to-pout Instagram pose. He was so flat in the intro compared to the last few weeks, though. They were both flatter than usual anyway and thanks to all the rest I could have done without Dan’s self-deprecating beach decorating.
relatablemood

HOLY SHIT BALLS HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

IKM SUCH A CHILD FAGNSNDFJKSN BUT POPTROPICA!! MY FAVE GAME OF ALL ONLINE GMES!! AM SO HAPPY AND HAVENT EVEN WATCHED YET!!!YEESSSSSSS!!!!! EDWKNDFGAJKSN

I'm sorry for the keyboard smashing!
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

fancybum wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:55 pm What did you think about the Shelter video?

I’ve also never heard of this game but if Phil’s being filthy I love it already and can’t wait to watch it later. Actually on reading other responses I’m half as hyped but I’ve liked the past 2 so I’m not too fussed if it’s a bit meh.
I haven’t watched the shelter video, I didn’t enjoy phil playing it so can’t imagine dan shouting over it and rushing ahead (from what I’ve seen people saying) is going to make it anymore enjoyable so giving it a miss.

Also, in the 8 minutes I watched I didn’t really see Phil being that filthy; he said he wondered if the people were in the mile high club, maybe he said more dirty stuff later but I didn’t particularly find him that dirty (although saying that the internet ruined me a long time ago and maybe I just don’t find talking about the mile high club dirty enough haha).
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

I'm sorry to ask but what is the mile high club ? I'm not native english and I didn't get this reference :oops:

Otherwise the video was ok/fun but just because they're being cute (and dirty) af. I think videos where they play kid games are my least favourite of all, like I would be fine if this one and the club penguin one didn't exist, they're just so forgettable and meh, I mean it's a 6yo game what are they expecting to find that's entertaining for us.

So far I'm loving Phil being so wonderfully Phil, the bants and the flirting. Not liking the fast/weird/disorganised editing pace this video and shelter had. Also not a fan of the game choices, tho HP was fun.
nigel ratburn

howadorableright wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:57 pm
alch wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:50 pm This video wasn't my favorite. I'd echo the ideas that it felt like a worse version of the club penguin video. Honestly, I've hardly heard of Poptropica though so maybe it'd be interesting for someone very familiar, but I found it pretty boring. there wasn't quite enough to bant about in the game for this video to rely on the bants.
Poptropica is actually pretty extensive game and they definitely didn’t hit the interesting points or show the actual gameplay. There is actually loads and loads of unique stories and quests which would have been a lot more interesting, but it definitely would have taken more than 15 minutes to expand upon even one island. They 100% did not get the point of the game, saying it was like club penguin :lol:

I love how when I actually post, I post about a children's game that I used to be obsessed with lmao
YES YES YES i know they wouldn't have time to do an island in a 15-minute video (except, like, early poptropica maybe) but from this video you don't get a sense of what poptropica actually is at ALL. going into chatrooms and talking with other people is a really inconsequential part of it, tbh (at least from my experiences). it's much more story-based than, say, club penguin (each "island" is an individual story arc that can take anywhere from an hour to a couple of days to complete), and i wish they had gotten a bit further into it, but i'm fine with what we got.
sugar
eclipse shirt

tumblr seems to be freaking out over a singular bed mention?? i don't remember it does anyone have a timestamp?

@AroboticPhil basically, you join the mile high club when you have sex on a plane.
Ablissa
pastel persona

sugar wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:07 pm tumblr seems to be freaking out over a singular bed mention?? i don't remember it does anyone have a timestamp?

@AroboticPhil basically, you join the mile high club when you have sex on a plane.
I don't have a timestamp, but it was when Phil said to Dan that his longest walk was "from the bed to the fridge".
saffarinda
truth bomb

AroboticPhil wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:04 pm I'm sorry to ask but what is the mile high club ? I'm not native english and I didn't get this reference :oops:
basically sex in an airplane, or theoretically any machine that takes you into the sky, but usually an airplane

also, rushed as the editing is i feel like they’re doing some planning this month (despite dan’s tweet earlier) so i can forgive them for it - it feels like there’s a lot occuring behind the scenes though hmm
25/04/2017 - #blessed
Ewok
rainbow nerd

That video was so underwhelming and obviously catering to their largely younger demographics... yikes. I can’t believe I actually zoned out watching it - usually their bants are enough to keep my eyes glued to the screen. But wow. Maybe I’m just an old grinch.

The only redeeming moment of this video - that I can remember - is Dan’s lowkey salty comment about Tom Daley, and Phil’s raunchy comments about sex and butts. I’m 100% here for that. Also, Phil looked gorgeous in this video. The hint of a five o clock shadow and messy hair just does it for me wowie
:philtrash:

As for the rest... meh. :? I’m hopeful tomorrow will bring me something I’ll enjoy more.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Yikes ok update: why do I feel like they are absolutely REACHING for content?? Like there wasn't near enough banter to make up for today's content… I hate to be, like, ungrateful for the everyday content but… :|
Last edited by sonicgreen on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fancybum
senpai

missemma wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:03 pm I haven’t watched the shelter video, I didn’t enjoy phil playing it so can’t imagine dan shouting over it and rushing ahead (from what I’ve seen people saying) is going to make it anymore enjoyable so giving it a miss.
Oh lol. You just didn’t enjoy the game itself the first time or? Because most people who didn’t enjoy Phil’s solo vids seem to not like it because it was boring so if that’s a factor, Dan loudly rushing helps in that respect. But if it’s the game itself then yeah, not much to say there. Oh well, hopefully they have a slightly more exciting pick for tomorrow!
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
auri

AroboticPhil wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:04 pm I'm sorry to ask but what is the mile high club ? I'm not native english and I didn't get this reference :oops:
"joining the mile high club" basically means to have sex in a airplane.

Idk, it was nice. The game was weird and I've never heard of it, but the bants were alright. Might rewatch in the morning before work just for Phil's filthy mouth haha.