Dan & Phil Part 61: The 2017 Mince Pie Codex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Liked this video I enjoyed it a lot. It’s the sims and I always do so I’m glad to have a game they seem to enjoy after yesterday’s video. Not much to say but phil is still making these videos enjoyable for me! Normally im all about dan but looks like I’m becoming a phil girl! Who knew. I’m here for it.

Yessss!!!!! Age up Evan too! If this doesn’t happen I will seriously start to doubt dnp decisions for the sims. They spent so many episodes at the beginning of sims trying to force Dil into relationships with females and I hope they don’t do the same with Dab :roll: Please god! I know that if a Dan and Evan relationship does happen as teens they will be compared to dan and Phil :D

About the talk and Dan saying we already know or it’s nothing knew to us I would guess that he is talking about mental health. Still if it gets uploaded to YouTube I’d like to watch. Will he open up more or will it be more brief and a quick speeded through explanation?

Wow top of the page with spelling mistakes :|
victorycafe
squish
Pronouns: she/her

Umm ok I almost never post here and also I'm not really one of those "monitor the amount of distance between them" people BUT is it just me or did that feel like Dan & Phil Cuddle Hour?? They were SO close through most of it I swear I thought they were going to announce dog/house/relationship all at once by the end of the video
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

I loved that video! Good sims video and it was a little slow at first but I like that they aged up the dog and I look forward to The rest of the family being aged up as well! I hope tomorrow they bring another good video as well.
:transheart:
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

i liked this video esp compared to the past two days (pottermore and poptropica were v underwhelming). grown up doggo is good, the boys were cute, and i'm happy they're aging the kids up soon.

they're absolutely terrible parents tho. i'm disappointed that they wasted the money on the parenthood expansion and yet they literally never parent the kids??? dab is going to be a terrible grown up if dil and tab don't start encouraging positive behaviors and discouraging negative behaviors - that's not a value judgement on parenting styles, that's a fact based on how the parenthood trait system works. same with dalien, tho they have a bit more time with him. and tbh while seeing dab be mostly self-sufficient is nice, and tantrum dalien is cute, they're going get taken away if dnp leave their needs in the red, and watching them low-key neglect their kids is annoying and sad.

basically: no more kids/pets for now, please try to be better parents, and hopefully aging kids up will make that a little easier. remember that even tho nuki is cute, your children are more important.
autumnhearth
senpai

nøx wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:50 pm Is it just me, or do they sing A Whole New World from Aladdin really often? Am I missing some meme or piece of phan history? I swear there's at least a handful of videos where that song pops up and I'm very curious.
I’m always here for them singing A Whole New World and you’re right, it has been quite frequent recently. History wise it featured in pinof 3 and popped up again in 8, and there was an old liveshow where they sang a long duet, making up some silly lyrics. Here have a compilation video from felucca, not including the most recent ones:
I enjoyed the Sims video, though I lost a bit of interest at the dog park and was annoyed at the kids being in the red. But who cares when Deppy look so happy (I mean it is a pets episode), Dan’s hair is gorgeous and they continue to sit impossibly close, overlapping and sharing arm rests? It’s probably just because the chairs are connected by :lights: *cough* Yep, that’s it. Cracked it.

I really love the whole Gamingmas cozy happy vibe. (But yesterday’s video *was* boring. I finally watched it this afternoon, and while I didn’t actually have any issue with the adult humor, I’m not going to show it to my kid simply because I don’t want to sit through it again. We can watch the Sims instead. It’s a win win.)
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I loved the Sims video, they were so much more into it. Dan's hair was cute all curled under at the front, never seen it like that before. It's funny there were no other pets at the park, but then they're all wandering around the vet. From how it worked in The Sims 2, if they're going to adopt a pet they meet like the mayor cat, they need to do loads of social interaction until it likes them enough and then the option would come up. Add to the discussion about how much they're leaving the kids to their tantrums etc, it's a shame they've left Dalien in his human disguise. I don't know what would happen if he was his natural blue self outside, but I'd like to see that, just let him be himself. Who knows, maybe that's why he's angry all the time? I doubt it, his needs were terrible anyway.

Also the Whole New World compilation is amazing. My dizziest daydream is for a duet album, or at least a single, with them really using Dan's falsetto and Phil's baritone. Dan reaching all the notes in that song and Phil having the sexiest deep voice I can imagine... :love2: I love every men's choir I've heard, especiall the Welsh ones, but Phil really does it.
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I really wish Dan and/or Phil would say something about what's happening with Melanie Martinez right now.
If you didn't know, her former best friend has accused her of sexual assault.
So many deppy fans listen to her music, like you can go through phan edits and like a quarter of the time the music would be a Melanie Martinez song like Mad Hatter or Carousel. It would uplift a bunch of people after this revelation - because even though the one most hurt in the situation is the victim, and deserves top priority, fans feel hurt and betrayed too - but knowing them, I don' t think they will :shrug: Speaking of, have they made any statements about the wider scheme of things, of the women coming forward to talk about their assaults esp. in Hollywood?

Sad me is sad basically, sorry for negativity and yet another pot no one cares about :(
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I don't see why deppy should say something in this situation to be honest, for all I know they've never endorsed Melanie or her music. It's horrible and I hope the victim is alright but it's not really to do with deppy. It would be great if they'd say something about the sexual abuse scandals in general but to be honest, they can't speak about everything and they're not political Youtubers. I'd be more than happy if they'd start speaking up about issues that concern them though, like the Felix situation, but I'm not disappointed they don't usually speak about this stuff. It's super important but we do need our safe spaces where we can go to escape from all the horrible stuff in the world for a bit and deppy's, especially Phil's, channels are that kind of place.
Other than that I'm completely horrified by how many young teens are defending Melanie right now, calling the victim a liar. I have Melanie's album but I'll be deleting it off iTunes. This is especially jarring when you consider she literally wrote a song about sexual abuse.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Yeah, I have to agree with katka on this one, Dan and Phil have no obligation to speak out about this specific Melanie Martinez situation - they have never endorsed her or even mentioned her I don't think, it has no relation to them whatsoever. I don't personally associate Melanie Martinez with dnp at all, so I'm not sure what it really has to do with them? Although I do think on a broader level it would be great if they were more vocal about sexual assault in the youtube community whenever incidences of abuse involving youtubers occur, in the past they've tended to stay pretty quiet aside from maybe retweeting statements from other youtubers and I think it would be good for them to have called out the abuse themselves.

I will say though relatablemood, I'm so sorry you're feeling sad about what's happened, it's such an awful situation and I hope you start to feel a bit better soon :love2:

Regarding the Sims video, it wasn't my favourite as far as Sims videos go but I infinitely preferred it to Poptropica, it gets a 7/10 from me (Shelter has been downgraded to 6.5/10, Pottermore gets 7.5/10, and Poptropica gets 4/10).
DatCog
blobfish

I don't know anything about Melanie Martinez or the allegations but I'm sorry that you feel sad relatablemood.

The Sims video was enjoyable - a solid 7.5/10! Glad I wasn't the only one who was distracted by how close they were sitting...they'll be in each others laps next year at this rate. I love both cats and dogs (I have one of each) and feel a great need for them to adopt the adorable Mayor Whiskers, although I doubt it'll happen as Dan doesn't seem keen.

I love Phil's low singing voice and wouldn't object if they did some singing in TIIT!

Don't know what time Dan's little talk thing tonight is but maybe he'll get home in time to do a liveshow, especially as he missed last week's.
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

Sorry for the aside but, do we know if D&P are involved in YouTube rewind this year? Sorry if this is a retread (I didn’t see anything about it, but I haven’t been here that long)

If they are involved, any thoughts on what they will doing? The dream would be “recreating ‘In a Heartbeat’” but somehow I doubt it...
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Katka wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:57 am I don't see why deppy should say something in this situation to be honest, for all I know they've never endorsed Melanie or her music. It's horrible and I hope the victim is alright but it's not really to do with deppy. It would be great if they'd say something about the sexual abuse scandals in general but to be honest, they can't speak about everything and they're not political Youtubers. I'd be more than happy if they'd start speaking up about issues that concern them though, like the Felix situation, but I'm not disappointed they don't usually speak about this stuff. It's super important but we do need our safe spaces where we can go to escape from all the horrible stuff in the world for a bit and deppy's, especially Phil's, channels are that kind of place.
Other than that I'm completely horrified by how many young teens are defending Melanie right now, calling the victim a liar. I have Melanie's album but I'll be deleting it off iTunes. This is especially jarring when you consider she literally wrote a song about sexual abuse.
I didn't say it'd make them horrible people if they didn't, just that it would be good if they did, like you said. It's only that they sometimes raise awareness for important issues like cancer and mental health, then skip out on others. It's hard to know what they might address or ignore, given that they're not political YouTubers but they are still role models. It's sad to see so many deppy icons next to posts about how hurt people are, fandoms overlapping and all. And yeah on the spoilered part - the victim blaming is strong.

Thank you DatCog and captainspacecoat, I rally appreciate it <3
It'll be okay for now but it's just about how it develops, whether Melanie is let go from her record company, whether Timothy presses charges, whether (and God I hope not) others begin to step forward about harm done to them by Melanie.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
DatCog
blobfish

LadyLackless wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 am Sorry for the aside but, do we know if D&P are involved in YouTube rewind this year? Sorry if this is a retread (I didn’t see anything about it, but I haven’t been here that long)

If they are involved, any thoughts on what they will doing? The dream would be “recreating ‘In a Heartbeat’” but somehow I doubt it...
As far as I know, yes, they are in Rewind this year. A few weeks ago they were filming something in a park (same day as the iconic autumn!Dan boomerang) which was most likely for Rewind. I think it's extremely unlikely that they'd do 'In a Heartbeat'.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Dnp reacting or speaking about about the Melanie Martinez Situation going on would be extremely out if the blue and I don’t see happening. Like other people have said their is no connection between them and her, they don’t promote her music, talk about how lovely a person she is. I think the most they have ever said about her was someone asked Dan if he’s listened to her music. If they didn’t talk about the Felix situation that they DO have a connection with and should have spoke up about I just don’t see it happening.

As for in a heartbeat I know a lot of people want and BELIEVE they will be doing it but it’s just not gonna happen. Two people that go under the label of friends and nothing more suddenly doing in a heartbeat about two young tween boys attracted to each other..... :| it would be disrespectful to all the gay couples that are youtubers, could you imagine the backlash they would get because their not out. Dnp are not that stupid.

As for people iv seen say that it is in a heartbeat because dan said the scene they filmed it outside, that’s not true if you rewatch the clip from the live show he never once said that their scene was outside and under a tree. He just said that he’d just filmed yt rewind and he took the boomerang because he had a opportunity to be outside, to me the two things arnt connected. I know everyone would love to see them do in a heartbeat but I don’t see it :( maybe in a alternate universe they are :shrug:
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

Secretstanner wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:24 pm it would be disrespectful to all the gay couples that are youtubers, could you imagine the backlash they would get because their not out. Dnp are not that stupid.
This is a really good point. I really didn’t consider the implications for the out gay YouTubers to have DnP doing it, sorry :cry:

Stranger Things 2 then??
hello9217
flower crown

Speaking of YouTube Rewind, since I didn’t see it mentioned here, they announced it comes out 12/6 10am PST.

Also I already talked about this before but deppy should definitely not do In a Heartbeat. They are not an out couple who are actively involved in the LGBTQ+ community, and it would therefore be disrespectful. I believe that Joey Graceffa and his boyfriend will have that part.
fancybum
senpai

Whatever D&P end up doing in Rewind won’t really be a result of them being or not being stupid. They’ve said in the past that they just show up at a designated place and time and do what they’re told with little to no warning beforehand (apart from maybe what kinds of clothes to wear). So if they do end up doing anything unfortunate (still really hoping they don’t!) let’s direct most of the outrage toward YT for being consistently more dumb than they have any right to be. They have a shitty track record of properly supporting lgbt+ content and creators and I wouldn’t be surprised if they (YT) are actually that stupid tbh. ‘Hope for the best but expect the worst’.. And as mentioned, it’s not so clear anymore what D&P feel like speaking up about when they’re involved so :shrug: maybe they’d just go along with YT’s bad idea and haru (or shrug off/lighty blame YT, ‘everyone’s problematic uncle’) any subsequent negative reaction. Wouldn’t want to be rude after all, heaven forbid! :roll:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
saffarinda
truth bomb

relatablemood wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:22 am I really wish Dan and/or Phil would say something about what's happening with Melanie Martinez right now.
If you didn't know, her former best friend has accused her of sexual assault.
So many deppy fans listen to her music, like you can go through phan edits and like a quarter of the time the music would be a Melanie Martinez song like Mad Hatter or Carousel. It would uplift a bunch of people after this revelation - because even though the one most hurt in the situation is the victim, and deserves top priority, fans feel hurt and betrayed too - but knowing them, I don' t think they will :shrug: Speaking of, have they made any statements about the wider scheme of things, of the women coming forward to talk about their assaults esp. in Hollywood?

Sad me is sad basically, sorry for negativity and yet another pot no one cares about :(
in general dnp don’t make statements about a lot of things occuring, they’ve said before on panels that they don’t like to because you often can’t sum up your full thoughts on the situation in 140 characters (this was pre 280) but they might retweet if they feel something eloquently sums up their own thoughts about it. the only times i really remember them writing their own tweets about incident’s are terrorist attacks - they don’t tend to comment on anything occuring with celebs (well, maybe dan in a livestream but it’s not that likely - they’ve never mentioned her as far as i’m aware).

YT REWIND:
dan and phil doing man’s not hot is the dream
25/04/2017 - #blessed
malday
emo goose

fancybum wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:40 pm Whatever D&P end up doing in Rewind won’t really be a result of them being or not being stupid. They’ve said in the past that they just show up at a designated place and time and do what they’re told with little to no warning beforehand (apart from maybe what kinds of clothes to wear). So if they do end up doing anything unfortunate (still really hoping they don’t!) let’s direct most of the outrage toward YT for being consistently more dumb than they have any right to be. They have a shitty track record of properly supporting lgbt+ content and creators and I wouldn’t be surprised if they (YT) are actually that stupid tbh. ‘Hope for the best but expect the worst’.. And as mentioned, it’s not so clear anymore what D&P feel like speaking up about when they’re involved so :shrug: maybe they’d just go along with YT’s bad idea and haru (or shrug off/lighty blame YT, ‘everyone’s problematic uncle’) any subsequent negative reaction. Wouldn’t want to be rude after all, heaven forbid! :roll:
I don't know if they really have no idea what theme they will be put in, JackSepticEye declined being in Rewind this year, and he made it sound like he already knew what they wanted him to do:
fancybum
senpai

malday wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:46 pm I don't know if they really have no idea what theme they will be put in, JackSepticEye declined being in Rewind this year, and he made it sound like he already knew what they wanted him to do:
Oh wow thanks for sharing that! My love for Jack (despite the Felix factor but who isn't marred now by his association :sideeye: ) continues. Frankly speaking your mind about bullshit, what. a. concept.
Ribona
crusty sponge

saffarinda wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:24 pm
dan and phil doing man’s not hot is the dream

OMG that would be amazing ahahah :rofl:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

fancybum wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:51 pm
malday wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:46 pm I don't know if they really have no idea what theme they will be put in, JackSepticEye declined being in Rewind this year, and he made it sound like he already knew what they wanted him to do:
Oh wow thanks for sharing that! My love for Jack (despite the Felix factor but who isn't marred now by his association :sideeye: ) continues. Frankly speaking your mind about bullshit, what. a. concept.
Didn't Jack briefly speak out about Felix though? (And then quietly took it back or something idk the point is he's a pretty good egg.)

Definitely appreciate seeing this, it's nice!

Bringing this back to D&P though and totally derailing the Rewind convo... I do wonder how much of a shill for YouTube they are at this point. It seems that, regardless of any wrong-doings on YT's end, they're always at Google Space events, in Rewind, they have the 2 YTRed movies, and generally have no problem with keeping quiet about all the issues everyone else is having (that I'm sure they're also facing in some small scale).

When YouNow had that whole debacle about no longer allowing people to rewatch live-shows on their platform for free, Dan (and I presume Phil) instantly did something about it. They had a meeting with YN, got the live-shows on Tumblr and then eventually moved them over to YouTube. Which, tbh, helps them monetarily, but that's beside the point.

My point is, I wish Dan and Phil were maybe a little bit more outspoken regarding these sorts of things on YouTube. I'm sure they talk to YouTube about it, but these are things they should also publicize, because they have a voice. Obviously, them and maybe Lilly Singh, face the least amount of issues, but speaking for the smaller creator is a nice thing to do. They were "small" once.

Obviously, I want them in Rewind. But more comments in live-shows (and maybe in a video) wouldn't hurt.
fancybum
senpai

rizzo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:32 pm Didn't Jack briefly speak out about Felix though? (And then quietly took it back or something idk the point is he's a pretty good egg.)
He did indeed! And even though he ended up backtracking, he's still done and said more on the topic than Dan and Phil, at least making his position quite clear at one point. I think Dan probably relied on "it goes without saying" being enough, but nah.
My point is, I wish Dan and Phil were maybe a little bit more outspoken regarding these sorts of things on YouTube. I'm sure they talk to YouTube about it, but these are things they should also publicize, because they have a voice. Obviously, them and maybe Lilly Singh, face the least amount of issues, but speaking for the smaller creator is a nice thing to do. They were "small" once.

Obviously, I want them in Rewind. But more comments in live-shows (and maybe in a video) wouldn't hurt.
Very much same, but the unfortunate thing is they're just not going to do or say anything to bite the hand that feeds as long as it's still (adequately) feeding them. They don't give enough of a shit to rock the boat (oh no can't have ~drama) when they're still above water. And maybe sucking up in these ways to YT guarantees continued feeding..
(still love 'em, but there's not really any excuses I can make for these things)
realeyesrealize
living flop

slytherina
squish

^ OMG I wonder which part Phil is excited about ;)

OFF TOPIC: Overall I'm kinda disappointed in Gamingmas so far. Shelter was good but I missed solo!Phil and the gameplay seemed kind of rushed and a bit careless. I only really liked the Pottermore video because I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I sadly couldn't finish the Poptropica video. :? I had no idea what the game was and D&P didn't seem all that invested in it either so the #bants couldn't make up for much.

PLEASE can they play some proper games already! I know they're not really a channel to do long series but I'm DYING to see them play Cuphead on co-op. The blindfolded Portal and the Donkey Kong mine cart videos are two of my favourites and having played Cuphead on co-op myself I feel like it'd be a perfect game for them! :please:

I'm not sorry, but I think Phil is :lol: