Dan & Phil Part 61: The 2017 Mince Pie Codex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
quercussp
living flop

Don't know if this is news to anyone, but it seems that Tumblr has named Phil the second most mentioned web personality and Dan is in fourth. Also "phan" is the 4th ship on Tumblr.
I kinda forgot that DnP are so popular, but it's true that you can't spend 10 minutes on Tumblr without accidentally bumping into a DnP gif. Also, it's interesting that Phil is higher on the list than Dan, even though Dan has more subscribers and followers.
https://thefandometrics.tumblr.com/post ... elebrities
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

snokoplasmic wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 pm
AroboticPhil wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 pm Tho if D&P pick a racist piece of crap over a dog and some wholesome crafting time, I might have to revise my entire conception of them.
i mean.....why would they? have they ever spent new years with him? (actual question lol, not trying to sound rude)
I honestly think the only time they hang with them is on birthdays. Because last year was Ian, the year before I believe it was just them and then maybe Byrony and Wirrow was another year
SquishPhan
capita£ester

liola
rankussy

hello9217 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:33 pm
snokoplasmic wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 pm
AroboticPhil wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 pm Tho if D&P pick a racist piece of crap over a dog and some wholesome crafting time, I might have to revise my entire conception of them.
i mean.....why would they? have they ever spent new years with him? (actual question lol, not trying to sound rude)
I honestly think the only time they hang with them is on birthdays. Because last year was Ian, the year before I believe it was just them and then maybe Byrony and Wirrow was another year
wait i must have missed this, how do we know it was just them on 2015?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Which year was it that Phil hosted a “gameshow” with index cards on the back of their lounge door?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

sonicgreen wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:42 pm Which year was it that Phil hosted a “gameshow” with index cards on the back of their lounge door?
it was 2014! there's a picture on dan's instagram and they did the weakest link lol
sonicgreen
woodland creature

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:46 pm
sonicgreen wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:42 pm Which year was it that Phil hosted a “gameshow” with index cards on the back of their lounge door?
it was 2014! there's a picture on dan's instagram and they did the weakest link lol
Thanks!! I also have no sense of time haha.
saffarinda
truth bomb

i loved that video!! jumpscared me an insane amount of times but the concept is really interesting - like intense puzzle solving + sneaking.

literally had a heart attack everytime the neighbough popped up tho omg

thought i’d note that dan (or phil?) made a rlly cute sound of surprise at 2:02 and i kept replaying it.

the neighbough’s lover horatio, i found the elaborate-ish story quite funny (also phil’s “i ship it”)

pretty sure they must’ve read something about how to go about solving the puzzles, dan remembered the basketball in the trunk way too quickly (or maybe it was just me that thought that?). can’t blame them for coming across spoilers whilst researching a game tho.

wish they at least entered that door (probs would’ve only needed one more round), i’d quite like them to play a series of it when the full game is released - it’s a fun game with interesting, mysterious content and cool puzzle solving.

really enjoyed this one :love2:
25/04/2017 - #blessed
quercussp
living flop

someone pointed out on Tumblr that it seems like dan isn't wearing pants (9:00)? Is it that hot in their apartment?
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Aah that was so good! Finally got invested in the gameplay for once! They need to play the real game for sure, I'm gonna comment on the video and everything. I got jumpscared a couple of times not gonna lie. Nice game.

Gratuitous sight of Dan's CKs for a bit there okay
Last edited by yellowsubmarine on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

i hope they have another new years with ian. i like knowing that they have non-yt friends and family new years are so chill. or maybe martyn & cornelia will do a new years thing, they've moved to london now, right?

idk, i like byrony & wirrow and pj & sophie, but they're all folks deps met through yt, and so whatever they do gets obsessed over by fans. martyn & cornelia have that too, but i'm a sucker for (actual literal) family holidays. i like ian bc he's been phil's friend forever and we don't see anything from their hangouts, which feels more private? idk, i like our boys existing out of the public eye sometimes.

i highly doubt they'll be anywhere near pdp at new years, like hello9217 said, they seem to only see him at birthdays and yt events (back when he did yt events, that is)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I enjoyed today’s vid though it did take me a bit to get into it, but once I understood what was going on I liked it. I would be up for them playing this game some more.
Also I find it cute that they are whispering to each other as if the neighbor in the game could hear them.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

I really liked the game iv never watched anyone play it so I don’t know if they were playing it right but I do wish they played more because I would like to see the full game and how the story progresses not just the demo. I loved their concern for Horatio it added to the game to me. Dan knew what to do so I’m guessing he must have read some spoilers, he knew to break the window with a ball and that wouldn’t of entered my mind. I liked it better than poptropica because they seemed interested in the game, just wish we had a bit more because I still don’t understand what the goal of the game is. Hope they play the full game because I’m actually interested in a game they are playing for once. :D
hello9217
flower crown

So Phil’s hint for tomorrow’s video was that it was explosive so either
1) Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes or
2)Truth Bombs w/Sophie and PJ
I would love either
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

this video was good! it was a little spooky, but i still enjoyed it. i hope they play the whole game!

also, i hope this doesn't get me attacked but i would like to see dan and phil play doki doki literature club. i just watched jack's playthrough of it and it's such a good game. however i would understand if they didn't want to bc a- it touches on hard hitting subjects, and b- it has a /lot/ of dialogue, like dream daddy does.
:transheart:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was a lot of fun, they were both totally into it and I was getting invested in saving (or finding parts of) Horatio. The giant version of the guy made me jump and the tension all the way through was pretty good. I'd be up for them doing the finished game, I wonder if the developers would change anything like having more obvious stuff in the fridge rather than just apples or if they'd keep the main house mostly non-creepy and keep the weird stuff just in the basement. Or maybe it's not that deep.

Ngl, my favourite bit was Dan leaning to the side of the chair and closing his eyes, he looked so cute. Also a pants-flash to rival Phil's in Rewind. Always make me laugh to see his pants are still visible these days in theory, he just wears longer tops now. His tshirt even made him look extra cute, I think cos it's not oversized, when he wears ordinary tshirts these days he looks cuter to me. Maybe also cos it's faded and with Mario on the front, that's not so sleek as his talk outfit, makes him look cuddlier.
Grey
lady door

Well that was anticlimactic. I wanna know what’s in the basement! :ninja:

Late opinion about the Mario kart video:
I thought it was cute/funny when dan didn’t get the tmnt reference so phil started to sing something from it and dan automatically joined in. “See. You DO know it” says phil. I don’t know why, that just amused me. (10:52)
I'm having a stress.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I'm going to go back to some previous conversations so

re PJ and Sophie:
please let this be the ditl so we get one this year. I was convinced the friends they were with would include pdp and marzia, and was going to be so disappointed in them.

re YT Rewind:
I stand with my opinion that it peaked in 2014. Maybe I'm just not with it enough anymore, but I had no idea who most of the people were and some that I did recognize I really wished hadn't been there (paul brothers, etc.)
I'm so thankful for them not doing In A Heartbeat, and thankful for YT not including pdp, but even so it was not the best rewind.
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Grey wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:28 am Well that was anticlimactic. I wanna know what’s in the basement! :ninja:
i did some research because i desperately needed to know and apparently the answer is NOTHING until the actual game comes out so no one knows yet :sideeye: it comes out it TWO DAYS, why couldn't they just have waited and given me some damn closure????

((i enjoyed the video, though, their pre-occupation with horatio was v cute, and i'm incredibly relieved that pdp was not with them and pj and sophie))
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

Definitely wasn't a big fan of this year's Rewind either, it literally just felt like an excuse to use popular songs and most of the "references" didn't seem too topical :shrug:

I literally could not find the answer to this anywhere, and I didn't know where to post this question so here goes nothing: what on earth does it mean to "Haru" something? thx :love2:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
fieldoflovers
living flop

whelpkeeper wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:01 am Definitely wasn't a big fan of this year's Rewind either, it literally just felt like an excuse to use popular songs and most of the "references" didn't seem too topical :shrug:

I literally could not find the answer to this anywhere, and I didn't know where to post this question so here goes nothing: what on earth does it mean to "Haru" something? thx :love2:
When Dan got his Haru body pillow, people would always ask about it in liveshows and he'd basically says 'what Haru pillow' he'd essentially be the embodiment of this gif https://www.google.ca/search?q=i+don%2 ... eLMFtRb5M:
not sure if I inserted the gif right, it's the Mariah Carey one where she says "I don't know I can't read suddenly"
so basically to Haru something issue to sidestep it.
nerdysporks
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her or they/them

I noticed at 2:52 in the video, Dan comments on the furniture being thrown down the staircase and Phil says it "looks a little like your bedroom at the moment, Dan."

Do you think he meant that Dan's bedroom is just messy? Or was he referencing the furniture? Especially because right before Phil said that, Dan says "there's being messy, then there's your staircase is blocked by furniture."

If Phil was intending to mean furniture, why would Dan have furniture thrown about his room? Does this add weight to the moving theories that had cropped up a while ago?

Vid linked below at the time stamp .
https://youtu.be/9wcOG0zaZF8?t=2m52s
hello9217
flower crown

My theory on why they keep bringing up cars and driving: since they are not getting a tour bus they are going to rent a car and drive around America while on tour
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I discovered something a bit pointlessly interesting. Remember Dan's obnoxious Cyber Monday tweet?
He deleted it!

Our King of Capitalism, Philip Lester, would never. Every #spon, timely or not, is a beautiful addition to his twitter feed.

Is Dan ashamed of the #spon? Does shilling for IRL too often make him break out in hives? The world may never know.

More relevantly, I really genuinely enjoyed today's video and would love them to play more of whatever that game was. I wanna know what's in the basement.
hello9217
flower crown

rizzo wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:36 am I discovered something a bit pointlessly interesting. Remember Dan's obnoxious Cyber Monday tweet?
He deleted it!

Our King of Capitalism, Philip Lester, would never. Every #spon, timely or not, is a beautiful addition to his twitter feed.

Is Dan ashamed of the #spon? Does shilling for IRL too often make him break out in hives? The world may never know.

More relevantly, I really genuinely enjoyed today's video and would love them to play more of whatever that game was. I wanna know what's in the basement.
I've noticed he does this quite a bit. Like he will retweet if he is going live with Phil on younow and then after it's over he will delete it. I think he is quite particular with how he wants to come across on all social medias. A spon tweet doesn't fit in well with his other tweets so he'll keep it up for a bit and then delete it.

I believe this is why Phil is typically the one who always does the tweets discussing ticket venues or when new merch is released because he just doesn't care about an aesthetic or how his feed looks.