Dan & Phil Part 61: The 2017 Mince Pie Codex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
honeymoon
smol bean
Pronouns: she/her

rizzo wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:19 pm I'm seriously going to need a tree-buying ditl. ASAP.
Oh god, yes please!! All I want for christmas is to see them bicker about which star to put on their tree again.
fieldoflovers
living flop

I will trade my soul for another Christmas ditl. Like I will totally accept those instead of pinof bloopers, just them being domestic ahh.<3

the shelter video made me question every fanfic I've ever read where Dan was a calm, cool dad. Anyone wanna rec hotmess Howell? cause that seems more real.

Also they referenced GTA in the video and I have an image of them playing it that is just too funny. I know they'd never cause children watch them but if they ever did i'd die laughing :rofl:
fancybum
senpai

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:43 pm Is anyone else still a bit confused by how inactive Dan is on twitter? In the last 14 days, he only wrote 2 non-video/business-related tweets. Phil, on the other hand, wrote 7 and also retweeted 3 things that weren't directly business-related.
Omg I can't wait for the Inactive Introverts tour in 2019, tickets are free! :ghostclaps:
fieldoflovers wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:46 pm I will trade my soul for another Christmas ditl. Like I will totally accept those instead of pinof bloopers, just them being domestic ahh.<3

the shelter video made me question every fanfic I've ever read where Dan was a calm, cool dad. Anyone wanna rec hotmess Howell? cause that seems more real.
The Hottest Mess tbh
fieldoflovers wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:46 pmAlso they referenced GTA in the video and I have an image of them playing it that is just too funny. I know they'd never cause children watch them but if they ever did i'd die laughing :rofl:
Watching Phil play GTA (and undoubtedly suck at it :lol: ) is something I really need in my life. But yeah probs not happening, womp womp. I'm excited to see what games they pick this year outside of the expected ones (Sims/golf/random flash things). 20+ days leaves a lot of room for unexpected options and I'M HYPED :6-year-old dan:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

fancybum wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:25 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:43 pm Is anyone else still a bit confused by how inactive Dan is on twitter? In the last 14 days, he only wrote 2 non-video/business-related tweets. Phil, on the other hand, wrote 7 and also retweeted 3 things that weren't directly business-related.
Omg I can't wait for the Inactive Introverts tour in 2019, tickets are free! :ghostclaps:
I don't get it? Hope you're not offended in any way. Sorry if me quantifying their tweets was weird.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:38 pm
I don't get it? Hope you're not offended in any way. Sorry if me quantifying their tweets was weird.
I only realized now that it says in-active and not inter-active :rofl:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

citizen_erased wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:46 pm
Now I feel stupid :hmmm:
fancybum
senpai

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:48 pm
Noooo lmao I'm sorry, it's a dumb joke that didn't land. I should have added 'Dan's rehearsing already' or something. because.. he's being inactive. And after their 2018 tour they'll probably be very inactive.. which will be free for us to experience.. That's not any funnier lmao. Omg, in my defense I think I only got about 3hrs of sleep and I've been at work all day. Sorry! Honestly if you're ever like 'wtf is she talking about' there's a 90% chance I'm just trying to make a really stupid joke that only I find funny. Yikes @ me. I wasn't offended and quantifying their tweets is not weird at all! It's a valid and important activity that I often partake in myself and I have been wondering what's up with him (but yeah it probably is just Guild Wars and being busy with gamingmas (editing?) or just life things). But I'm sorry if it came off weird, just ignore me :ninja:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Day 2 of Gamingmas and they're already posting late ... :ribena:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

fancybum wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:01 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:48 pm
Noooo lmao I'm sorry, it's a dumb joke that didn't land. I should have added 'Dan's rehearsing already' or something. because.. he's being inactive. And after their 2018 tour they'll probably be very inactive.. which will be free for us to experience.. That's not any funnier lmao. Omg, in my defense I think I only got about 3hrs of sleep and I've been at work all day. Sorry! Honestly if you're ever like 'wtf is she talking about' there's a 90% chance I'm just trying to make a really stupid joke that only I find funny. Yikes @ me. I wasn't offended and quantifying their tweets is not weird at all! It's a valid and important activity that I often partake in myself and I have been wondering what's up with him (but yeah it probably is just Guild Wars and being busy with gamingmas (editing?) or just life things). But I'm sorry if it came off weird, just ignore me :ninja:
LtrllySusan: don't feel stupid! Your brain is wired to see what it expects to see so you probably also read 'interactive' the first times, just like I did. It's okay!

Fancybum: I liked your joke! No need to say sorry! Just took me a moment to get it, that's all. Also yaaayyy join the club of tired people! (it's my 10th anniversary of getting insomnia and for the past couple of weeks I've been surviving off of maybe 5 hours of sleep on average. So I also get the feeling of saying really dumb things and no one getting them :lol: )

Also, lmao, will these boys ever be more on time with posting their videos. I don't really know how these algorithms work but surely posting videos earlier gets them more views simply on account of more people being awake and online? :roll:
aleanna
glabella

citizen_erased wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:13 pm
Also, lmao, will these boys ever be more on time with posting their videos. I don't really know how these algorithms work but surely posting videos earlier gets them more views simply on account of more people being awake and online? :roll:
I imagine posting time doesn't really matter to them too much because they have such a large worldwide audience. I'm in California, and it's only 2:18pm here.
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
aleanna
glabella

It's up!
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

That was adorable, just what i needed and as Harry Potter is the most festive thing for me for some reason, that was on point. Also happy to share a house with Mr. Lester. My favorite part was the blooper at the very end <3 cuties, yes, im not mad at all that it's almost 1am and I'm awake still.
saffarinda
truth bomb

i liked the video! i’ll forever think of dan as a slytherin though purely because a lot of those questions were v stereotypical and obviously slytherin oriented, but i do think dan (ans phil tbh) have a lot of the base slytherin qualities and traits.

fave moment has to be phil saying “well i’m already friends with this rat so it’s alright” in a fond voice. who knew that rat could be such a cute pet name?

not what i expected but as someone who’s obsessed with harry potter i really liked it :)
Last edited by saffarinda on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25/04/2017 - #blessed
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Pottermore was one of my favorite things when I was super into harry potter, so happy to see them going on the site. Wish they had played it when it was still a game and not just a collection of articles
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I FEEL SO VINDICATED OH MY GOD

i've been arguing that dan is a gryffindor for YEARS and my day has finally come!!!!

i do wish that they had also done the ilvermorny and/or patronus quizzes in the same video (they totally could have fit them in so unless they're planning to do them later in the month and use up a couple other days i don't see why they wouldn't have???)

anyway, i'm gonna go off and bask in my triumph
SquishPhan
capita£ester

A bit of an odd choice imo, but I really enjoyed it. Definitely liked it better than yesterday’s one. Plus it is good to know what houses they are in.
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

Ahhh the festive headers look so nice!

I was pretty "meh" toward the Shelter video, but this one was cute. Not surprised at either of the results, although I'm curious if Phil was close to getting into any other house. Maybe Dan's actually a Gryfferin and Phil is a Slitherpuff at heart.

I think I got sorted into Gryffindor myself but it's been so long since I did the quiz that I'm not sure anymore.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

haven't finished it yet but MAN did anyone else do a big double take when phil said 'won't be in the same room as you at night' when dan picked screech owl?
Ablissa
pastel persona

Very, very lovely video! :D A lot of good bants between them. The "I already made friends with this rat" line combined with the way Phil looked at Dan destroyed me, the little blooper at the end was cute, it was overall really sweet. I'm happy they uploaded, even if a bit late :)

How much do you all think they've pre-filmed, if at all? On an unrelated note, Dan's arms look tan in this video. :shock:
sugar wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:51 pm haven't finished it yet but MAN did anyone else do a big double take when phil said 'won't be in the same room as you at night' when dan picked screech owl?
I did too. I don't even know what to say about it... I'm a demon, but I understood it one way and can't think about it any other way now.
autumnhearth
senpai

Do you think they know/remember that the Hufflepuffs being “good finders” is from A Very Potter Musical and isn’t actually canon? Pet peeve sorry. I’m glad Phil admitted he has some snake like qualities, they both do. But I can accept them as a Hufflepuff and Gryffindor with underlying Slytherin traits. Dan seems to be retconning that he retook the quiz until he got Gryffindor years ago. Or just over simplifying for this video. I need to rewatch it later when I’m less distracted, but what was that Phil said about not sleeping in the same room as the screech owl? Yep that’s it sugar! Hmm. Well luckily you wouldn’t have shared a dormitory boys.
Last edited by autumnhearth on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

as an introverted gryfindor, I'll gladly welcome Dan to the club :welcome: (although I do agree they both have some Slytherin traits, I mean they are pretty goddamn successful)

The bit at the end was hilarious. Also, I saw in the comments that they forgot the "ding" noise at the start. Didn't notice it myself, but hey when you have to crank out a video a day little things like that are bound to happen.
Last edited by dailybooth on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:lion: :prideflag:
chiccola
sofa crease

I just finished watching and I have to say... I know Phil is a literal sunshine, but in recent vieos and especially this one he's practically glowing?? He's smiling so much and teasing Dan all the time and so obviously flirting with him?? It was so noticable in Overcooked, and even in Shelter 2 (despite it being a flop), and now this new HP quiz video is just on another level :o

He seems so happy, I keep wondering if there's a reason for it, but in any case, stay like this Phil, it warms my heart :love1:
plastictrees
drama llama

Loved the video! (Despite not being the biggest Harry Potter fan, i’m sorry don’t come for me..) :D
Phil seems so happy to be in Hufflepuff (which cheers me up because it’s the house I got and i’ve always felt it kind of lame) but Dan seems to wish like it would pick a specific one for him maybe?
Picked up on the same room comment as well! Not sure how to interpret it, presumably as in this fictional HP au they wouldn’t which would differ from normal...? (im sorry i’m tired i’m not making sense lol)
Also I suck I totally couldn’t notice what Dan changed in the room.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

auri wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:41 pm That was adorable, just what i needed and as Harry Potter is the most festive thing for me for some reason, that was on point. Also happy to share a house with Mr. Lester. My favorite part was the blooper at the very end <3 cuties, yes, im not mad at all that it's almost 1am and I'm awake still.
I blame ABC Family for turning HP into a Christmas thing. Blame might be the wrong word, but it's their fault.

I also loved this video! I might be biased since I LOVE Harry Potter, but the whole thing was amazing and I was smiling the whole time, which is weird considering it was just a quiz vid.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was lovely, I'm glad Phil got Hufflepuff again, fellow badger. I saw one of the top comments on yesterday's video was asking them to do this, it'll be interesting to see how many more they do from recent requests. Dan's description of himself being too anti-social for one house, but not edgy enough for the other was funny, but that's not all there is to it, it might recognise he's got more bravery than cunning or ambition, or something. So cute how they did the bit with Dan changing something. I played along the first time (and didn't notice the change either) then went back to watch Dan, but they were too clever.