Dan & Phil Part 61: The 2017 Mince Pie Codex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

flarequake wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:43 pm
I always wonder how uncomfortable they were in the blue Rewind with Dan passing Phil the box and it containing a baby's dummy/pacifier. There's not much wiggle room for what it means. I have no idea of what the classroom, blueness or throwback to Clueless was meant to refer to that year so just maybe there was another meaning to it, but still they had Deps do it out of everyone else there. They could have picked any two of the other guys or girls if they wanted two the same gender for that joke.
Wasn't the original video a daughter giving the pacifer to her father to show him he was having a grandchild?
Edit: or am i really getting that wrong, i cant find it now? :oops:
Edit: i found it! [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2sM7tzILeE/url] so i dont think it had any sexual connotations to it why they got deps to do that part (if im reading your comment right?) i dont think it has any link to the setting of the blue room, they were just fitting in as many viral vids in as possible i guess (i dont know what the blue room was about either tbh)
sorry about all the edits!
liola
rankussy

Dan is in Joe's new vlog for a little bit, and particularly the beginning of his speech.

I gotta say first of all, I actually like how he seems to be on a bantery jokey type of relationship with Joe and Caspar, I noticed that even during the Madrid convention, I actually would love to see them interact more! I always thought they had a good relationship with Joe since they collabed on his youtuber whispers.

Also my heart kind of felt warmer when he refered to the amount of his subscribers obviously including DAPG. I mean i know it sounds obvious but his main channel is dinof, he's known for dinof and now he's actively including a channel created with Phil as his main content (which let's be honest, it is. He shows up more on DAPG than his actual main channel )
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
holowaterfall
tol bean

i'm one of those that usually really love rewind because i live for nostalgia and i actually discovered deppy through rewind 2015 (?). was a bit disappointed in this year's video tho ngl
the weeping of the sea
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

BSV wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:41 pm
flarequake wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:43 pm
I always wonder how uncomfortable they were in the blue Rewind with Dan passing Phil the box and it containing a baby's dummy/pacifier. There's not much wiggle room for what it means. I have no idea of what the classroom, blueness or throwback to Clueless was meant to refer to that year so just maybe there was another meaning to it, but still they had Deps do it out of everyone else there. They could have picked any two of the other guys or girls if they wanted two the same gender for that joke.
Wasn't the original video a daughter giving the pacifer to her father to show him he was having a grandchild?
Edit: or am i really getting that wrong, i cant find it now? :oops:
Edit: i found it! [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2sM7tzILeE/url] so i dont think it had any sexual connotations to it why they got deps to do that part (if im reading your comment right?) i dont think it has any link to the setting of the blue room, they were just fitting in as many viral vids in as possible i guess (i dont know what the blue room was about either tbh)
sorry about all the edits!
Oh yes, I remember that one now, thanks for finding it. I did wonder why no one else ever found that bit weird.

The clip in Joe's vlog is good, Dan's self-deprecation is endless :roll:

It's on Twitter already
Also this photo of the beauties
SquishPhan
capita£ester

chiccola
sofa crease

SquishPhan wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 pm
So basically a double date, how adorable!
I wonder if this means we're not getting a video tonight and they posted this as a "cover"? (Is it bad I'm ready to forgive them because this totally made my heart go <3 )
i know, I'm a trash. :garbage:
000dia000
emo goose

How lovely, but, eh, should we be worried? They are like one-degree less in separation from he-who-must-not-be-named.
:cactus:
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

I got so scared when I got this tweet notif and then felt so relieved by the lack of pewdiepie (still side eyeing PJ and Sophie tho).
I hope this was the buds thing - even tho Phil said it'd be Thursday, I do think that was it - and I'm not gonna have to live in the fear of them hanging out with that piece of crap for at least a few months. (I hate D&P for making me feel like that).

That said, this is unbelievable cute and double date/ couple vibes are off the charts :love2:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This is location tagged in Hyde Park, so the fact that Sophie and PJ came to London and not the other way around (Dan and Phil going to Brighton) makes me feel a little more confident that it was just them.

I do hate that my first reaction is still a gut wrenching kind of worry, though. The pictures are cute but that definitely was a secondary response to, "Please no. I can't go through this again."

While I'm also meh on PJ and Sophie based on their association with Felix, I think Sophie and PJ doing Truth Bombs would make sense and wouldn't be the worst. I hope that's what the plan for tomorrow is and why Phil is skipping out on the liveshow.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

There’s a short video on Phils instagram but I don’t know how to embed those
Here’s updatedphans tweet
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
hello9217
flower crown

Yeah it sucks that my first reaction was “shit let me click on this tweet really fast to make sure it’s just PJ and Sophie.” The pics were cute though and I think I will always have that sort of reaction to them going to Brighton or saying their hanging with friends.

I’m hoping that deppy do understand to some extent how we feel and won’t broadcast that certain person on any of their social media’s. But only time will tell.
airie
tol bean

So the merman has succeeded in dragging the sailor to the bottom of the sea, then :lol:

They look so happy, from the Instagram stories it seems like they had a lot of fun :love2:
fancybum
senpai

AroboticPhil wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 pm I got so scared when I got this tweet notif and then felt so relieved by the lack of pewdiepie (still side eyeing PJ and Sophie tho).
I hope this was the buds thing - even tho Phil said it'd be Thursday, I do think that was it - and I'm not gonna have to live in the fear of them hanging out with that piece of crap for at least a few months. (I hate D&P for making me feel like that).
"A few months"? What kind of optimism.. I'm already preparing for the worst re: their New Years shenanigans.

But yes this is adorable and WHAT A PERFECT GROUP DITL THAT COULD BE BUT DID YOU BITCHES FILM IT PROBABLY NOT
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:06 pm
AroboticPhil wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 pm I got so scared when I got this tweet notif and then felt so relieved by the lack of pewdiepie (still side eyeing PJ and Sophie tho).
"A few months"? What kind of optimism.. I'm already preparing for the worst re: their New Years shenanigans.
Come through for us, Ian. Come through.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I hope PJ and Soph sleep over and there are lots of video-taped shenanigans. And by that I mean collabs, get your mind out of the gutter, people.
fancybum wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:06 pm But yes this is adorable and WHAT A PERFECT GROUP DITL THAT COULD BE BUT DID YOU BITCHES FILM IT PROBABLY NOT
me re: dip & dot making a 2017 ditl:

fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:09 pm
What if the.. events.. of last year got them off the invite list lol. Only jk! Or maybe it’s a good thing and they’ll be super incognito this year and we’ll have no clue where they are. Please disappear anywhere that isn’t Brighton. Unless, like, they enjoy hanging out with Blueberry.. it would be exactly what they deserve as if pdp wasn’t enough of a deterrent.
rizzo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:11 pm me re: dip & dot making a 2017 ditl:

But. I’m. So. Thirsty.
fancybum
senpai

(On second thought, what did they do last year? I might be thinking of ~events of 2 years ago and it’s too late to edit. I have no concept of time! I barely know where I am right now! Don’t judge me for that and also for currently being too lazy busy to use a search function thx!)
hello9217
flower crown

fancybum wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:46 pm (On second thought, what did they do last year? I might be thinking of ~events of 2 years ago and it’s too late to edit. I have no concept of time! I barely know where I am right now! Don’t judge me for that and also for currently being too lazy busy to use a search function thx!)
They went to Ian’s last year, who is Phil’s friend. Dan made that rapidash with Ian’s daughter, Emily.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:46 pm (On second thought, what did they do last year? I might be thinking of ~events of 2 years ago and it’s too late to edit. I have no concept of time! I barely know where I am right now! Don’t judge me for that and also for currently being too lazy busy to use a search function thx!)
You know, I just assumed you were implying they'd fucked really loudly in the guest room or something, and I was totally prepared to roll with it as a perfectly appropriate answer.
fancybum
senpai

hello9217 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:55 pm They went to Ian’s last year, who is Phil’s friend. Dan made that rapidash with Ian’s daughter, Emily.
Oh wow that was the most recent one, cool, apparently I have some concept of time after all. Why does that already feel so long ago??
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:57 pm You know, I just assumed you were implying they'd fucked really loudly in the guest room or something, and I was totally prepared to roll with it as a perfectly appropriate answer.
Let’s pretend that is in fact what happened and the only thing of note. :haru:

Anyway are we all preparing our pitchforks for the lack of video today? Socializing isn’t a broken nose or computer sooooo.. angry mob time? Yes?
Last edited by fancybum on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Maybe its just a late one, how much notice would they give if they werent uploading i wonder? It's only 10.07pm in uk so there's a little while yet i suppose!
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:09 pm
Oh god, I forgot New Year was a thing. Last year's was already dramatic enough with everyone thinking they weren't together for a whole 15 minutes, I'm not sure I can handle that new layer of stress.
Tho if D&P pick a racist piece of crap over a dog and some wholesome crafting time, I might have to revise my entire conception of them.

Any last minute guesses for the gaming video ? It probably won't be as good as yesterday's, let's be real, but I'm feeling hopeful.
edit : I'm pretty sure we're getting a video, just very late I guess. Their lack of schedule is my worst enemy
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Prayer circle they celebrate New Years with Ian and his family or Bryony and Wirrow.

Or just with each other.. I think they did that two years ago?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

I'm so out of touch with pop culture that the youtube rewinds never make any sense to me, and this one looked particularly sloppy. However, I did enjoy the bit in the middle about the disasters, how youtube helped share news about them, and how we came together to help each other with them. Its nice to acknowledge something other than the music and gaming for once.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

AroboticPhil wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 pm Tho if D&P pick a racist piece of crap over a dog and some wholesome crafting time, I might have to revise my entire conception of them.
i mean.....why would they? have they ever spent new years with him? (actual question lol, not trying to sound rude)