Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Dan also once said he edits gaming videos in lieu of helping with the technical side of capturing the game cos it made his brain dribble out of his ear, but Phil understands it. I can't tell, really, I just guess he's done it if there's something written in Comic Sans, but Phil's capable of doing that too.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Ermmmm Phil's new haircut ? I stan :stan:

edit : wait now I'm having a moment of self doubt, is it actually a new haircut or am I imagining it ? Did he just style it differently? I've confused myself
alch
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

AroboticPhil wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:51 pm Ermmmm Phil's new haircut ? I stan :stan:

edit : wait now I'm having a moment of self doubt, is it actually a new haircut or am I imagining it ? Did he just style it differently? I've confused myself
I was just about to post about how their hair both looks different, though I noticed it more on Dan than Phil.
(honestly not always the biggest fan of the shaved sides whoops)
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

flarequake wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:34 pm Dan also once said he edits gaming videos in lieu of helping with the technical side of capturing the game cos it made his brain dribble out of his ear, but Phil understands it. I can't tell, really, I just guess he's done it if there's something written in Comic Sans, but Phil's capable of doing that too.
Continuing with this post, I also thought it was Dan editing whenever I saw something written in comic sans, but off course Phil can do that as well. Other things like adding the little annotations or sarcastic remarks, like the ones we saw on Shelter 2 when the lynx where all dying or like in Gang Beasts last year, when they were kicking each other, there were these little phrases in comic sans, idk why that seems like a very Dan thing to do. Maybe it's just my impression.

EDIT: i like their new haircuts!! Also oh my god I am SO READY for the livestream tomorrow!!! :rofl:
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
malday
emo goose

I'm not a fan of the shaved sides either but the shorter fringe looks great on Phil. :thanks:

I haven't given the car theory much though but when when they said Ford Focus and Mondeo i went a bit :illuminati: why out of all the things would Phil's mind go to car names, are they rating car brands right now, mince-pie-list style?
Last edited by malday on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, that was good, they're so bad at sportsmanship, I love their obnoxious winning and losing. I'm not loving the severe haircuts, maybe they do that to have more time before they need it again, I dunno, it just looks a bit stark all of a sudden. It'll grow back. Looking forward to how cute one boychik's gonna look all cheesed up tomorrow.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That felt like a very calm sort of video, somehow despite their lack of chill when competing with each other. They were just really happy, Dan was into the game, and I'm here for the new trend of Phil reaffirming that he definitely does yoga and meditation with Dan.
ams
smol bean

I am 100% here for Phil's attitude lately. He's glowing, the star of the show. That video was adorable :love2:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I'm happy with who won, mostly because I wanted the loser to have to do the forfeit.

That was a great video! Phil has been on fire lately, and he didn't disappoint today. "Dan's not hot" that was so random, wtf phil.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:23 pm I'm happy with who won, mostly because I wanted the loser to have to do the forfeit.

That was a great video! Phil has been on fire lately, and he didn't disappoint today. "Dan's not hot" that was so random, wtf phil.
I think he watched rewind and it reminded him of the old meme. Also its just hilarious.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
hello9217
flower crown

whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:23 pm I'm happy with who won, mostly because I wanted the loser to have to do the forfeit.

It’s just Phil continually trying to be done with the memes and coming up 6 months late.
dancy
procrastinator

Ah, I figured they'd play Geomery Dash soon since Phil bought it a few days ago. I'm pretty sure they filmed this today cause when I checked Phil's Steam account ( :dead: ) earlier today, the playing time was still zero.

Gamingmas started off weakly but I think everything since the Sims video has been good! The beginning when Dan was playing the game on his phone and Phil tried to sabotage him was really cute and I also liked him mentioning how shiny Dan's lips are :mrgreen:

(Can't say I'm a big fan of the shaved sides either)
greenergrass
stress mushroom

lilabet and hello9217 - thanks both of you for pointing out it was a meme. I had no idea lol. Still funny though
Amiaw
interactive introvert

malday wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:14 pm I haven't given the car theory much though but when when they said Ford Focus and Mondeo i went a bit :illuminati: why out of all the things would Phil's mind go to car names, are they rating car brands right now, mince-pie-list style?
I think this is just a thing they do. They did this little bit in one of the impossible quiz videos last year too (or maybe it was Undertale)
starwillow
dank meme

I loved Phil's attempts at being zen! Do we have a yoga smiley? :stan: (pretend this is a sun salutation)

#stop Fabrice 2kforever
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Actual footage of me coming for Fabrice if I don't claw my own eyes out at the sight of Phil's haircut first.

Anyway.

That was fun! Great banter all around. I didn't expect Phil to win but I'm glad he did because I somehow automatically root for him. And Dan having to film in the cheese costume tomorrow is just good content. :thumb:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
dailybooth
glabella

I really enjoyed this video! I didn't realize Dan had gotten a haircut but did notice Phil's.

Some time stamps:
0:20 that speck on Dan's jumper will drive me nuts for this whole video

0:38 Phil trying to mess up Dan's game is cute

1:27 noticing your friend's lips are shiny #justbrothings

2:33 banting and driving. I don't buy into the car theory but WHY ARE THEY MENTIONING DRIVING SO MUCH

5:05 just a genuinely compelling delivery of "fuck you" from Dan :ribena:

5:22 Dan tells Phil zen is the "opposite concept to the energy you exude"

6:19 Phil's mom texts him

7:00 "turn off your facebook you rude-o"

9:02 the editing here had me rolling ngl

9:41 P- "I'm releasing the beast within" followed by Dan winking ;)

10:46 weird tongue/jazz hands celebration from Phil

11:06 Phil puts his arm around Dan's shoulder for the 2nd video in a row. 2017 is wild.

12:56 "Can 2018 be the year of Phil cleaning up his act?" [No, no it can not, Dan]

13:50 Phil's covers Dan with the cheese costume and then basically tucks him in to rub it in. Funny & Cute.
:lion: :prideflag:
quercussp
living flop

So is tomorrow going to be a reenactment of Dan's cheese fic but with Dan? What is it with their weird kinks?
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

That was a nice Dan vs Phil, it wasn't amazing but it was adorable and I was entertained.
Loved the bits about the shiny lips, the "you're the last zen person I know", the notifications from mom and the fact that Phil won (I'm not even gonna bother hiding I always cheer for him to win), looking forward to Dan whining about the cheese costume tomorrow (and I'm not being ironic, lol)
edit: oh how could I forget Phil trying (and failing) to mess Dan's game on his phone. Adorable.
000dia000
emo goose

Yeah, Dan vs Phil are always good, they have good bants due to the "psychological warfare" so they can't exactly be boring. But again, Dan vs Phil's have lost all meaning as there is no distinct end, the board has filled up ridiculously so, there's no end number. What's the stakes? Their already insufferable egos? If we're lucky, the end "prize" will be a packet of marshmallows Phil bought out of their shared bank account. Just watch the video, dia, shut up.

I'm not sure whether I like Phil's haircut or not, in a way it's too short, but at the same time his dreaded fringe is cut much much shorter and he no longer has the lego hair as severe that it cuts off most of his forehead...so it's a bit more balanced? Idk, if he pushed his fringe up slightly it's kind of like his hair pushed off his forehead, and that's good enough for me. :thumb: Dan's hair always looks great after a haircut though I s2g wtf did Phil say to Fabrice that made him hate him idek
:cactus:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

000dia000 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:27 am Yeah, Dan vs Phil are always good, they have good bants due to the "psychological warfare" so they can't exactly be boring. But again, Dan vs Phil's have lost all meaning as there is no distinct end, the board has filled up ridiculously so, there's no end number. What's the stakes? Their already insufferable egos? If we're lucky, the end "prize" will be a packet of marshmallows Phil bought out of their shared bank account. Just watch the video, dia, shut up.
This bothers me too! Like surely there's gotta be a point to the leader board at some point but we've been here for 3 years and there's NOTHING. They just keep whacking pieces of paper on there and never mention actually winning the whole thing soooo what are we here for exactly?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
000dia000
emo goose

Catallena wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:40 am
000dia000 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:27 am Yeah, Dan vs Phil are always good, they have good bants due to the "psychological warfare" so they can't exactly be boring. But again, Dan vs Phil's have lost all meaning as there is no distinct end, the board has filled up ridiculously so, there's no end number. What's the stakes? Their already insufferable egos? If we're lucky, the end "prize" will be a packet of marshmallows Phil bought out of their shared bank account. Just watch the video, dia, shut up.
This bothers me too! Like surely there's gotta be a point to the leader board at some point but we've been here for 3 years and there's NOTHING. They just keep whacking pieces of paper on there and never mention actually winning the whole thing soooo what are we here for exactly?
it probably ends when their last landlord comes looking for the missing part of his table
:cactus:
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

good video, great bants. esp loved phil insisting on an extra turn, putting the cheese costume on dan's back and patting/rubbing it in, and dan's reaction to phil's segue into the self spon (he muttered something when phil kept on - can anyone figure out what he said?)

on dvp endgame: i hope the final prize is naming rights for their irl dog, or something equally ridiculous to decide in this way
rainydays
sofa crease

I unexpectedly really enjoyed this video! Probably in my top 3 of gamingmas, along with not my arms mario kart and truth bombs. The game itself wasn't super interesting, but their interactions and banter were so fun and adorable. They were so flirty, but not in their usual sexual/explicit way, no innuendos or kinks this time, but it was so cute and wholesome? They were teasing each other like fifteen year olds, I swear. As much as I enjoy their explicit banter, this was kinda refreshing, especially after yesterday's video which was... a lot. Very soft and easy, I loved it.

I see that there's a lot of us just automatically rooting for phil in dan vs phil games. I do that too. I don't know why? Maybe because dan is a bit obnoxious when he wins, while phil just smiles really big and that's really cute.

About tomorrow, my only question is: will dan keep up with their honestly unexplainable tradition of wearing the cheese costume without a shirt underneath? for the duration of the whole liveshow? like.. why do they do that
sonicgreen
woodland creature

VengefulBlue wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:55 am good video, great bants. esp loved phil insisting on an extra turn, putting the cheese costume on dan's back and patting/rubbing it in, and dan's reaction to phil's segue into the self spon (he muttered something when phil kept on - can anyone figure out what he said?)
He *fondly* mumbled "I can't believe you did that." Dan gives in everyday to the demands of Capita£ester and his #spon endscreens.
rainydays wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:04 am About tomorrow, my only question is: will dan keep up with their honestly unexplainable tradition of wearing the cheese costume without a shirt underneath? for the duration of the whole liveshow? like.. why do they do that
Funnily enough this was my first thought. Shirtless under a piece of polyester with two arm holes… fun. Is it really that hard to throw on a tee shirt underneath? For the sake of the nipples?