Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

The best part of that ls was the 15 seconds of silence Dan gave us :lol:
Joking aside, it was ok but not as enjoyable as it usually is. Dan seemed irritated by the cheese dress and the levels they played today were more complicated=more stress/screaming.
I also didn't notice any self-spon in the endscreen portion so they (and by that I mean Phil) have either toned it down or I've started to tune it out.
fancybum
senpai

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:06 pm They are so ridiculous. Dan was so annoying. I found myself questioning how I got here, watching these two grown men livestream a cooking game, one of them wearing a cheese costume, yelling and singing and adding “ussy” to things.

But I still love them and Phil’s Cyberman hoodie was cute.
That's Dean Dobbs merch! Even if not always doing it verbally, Phil is still all promo all the time, bless him :ravetree:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
chiccola
sofa crease

interestingly enough, I noticed that Phil made two comments about their careers other than Youtube in this video:

0.55 "That's what you could be if youtube doesn't work out!" [about Dan being a human cheese plate]
and again at the end, (after 29.00), "You know, Dan, if we don't do Youtube anymore, I don't think we should collaborate on a restaurant".

I know they were both jokes but it kinda made me think about them ending this, and I got weirdly emotional.
I've been a fan for +5 years, I don't think I'll ever be ready to just leave everything behind :wahh:

(But otoh, Phil's vision of this post-Youtube world is still of the two of them together, making some kind of collaboration, and that's just so nice to hear :garbage: )
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I didn’t get the “super tense” vibes- Dan did start laughing after the first yelling fit so he probably realized how extra he was being.
I think that making videos everyday and still trying to be social is probably pretty hard and the stress is showing. Same thing happened last year and they got through dans mood and everything was good again before gamingmas ended.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

chiccola wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:13 pm interestingly enough, I noticed that Phil made two comments about their careers other than Youtube in this video:

0.55 "That's what you could be if youtube doesn't work out!" [about Dan being a human cheese plate]
and again at the end, (after 29.00), "You know, Dan, if we don't do Youtube anymore, I don't think we should collaborate on a restaurant".

I know they were both jokes but it kinda made me think about them ending this, and I got weirdly emotional.
I've been a fan for +5 years, I don't think I'll ever be ready to just leave everything behind :wahh:

(But otoh, Phil's vision of this post-Youtube world is still of the two of them together, making some kind of collaboration, and that's just so nice to hear :garbage: )
Yeah but i love the assumption that of course they would be working together and even if Phil wasn't in the restaurant he would do the graphics.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
dancy
procrastinator

fancybum wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:11 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:06 pm They are so ridiculous. Dan was so annoying. I found myself questioning how I got here, watching these two grown men livestream a cooking game, one of them wearing a cheese costume, yelling and singing and adding “ussy” to things.

That's Dean Dobbs merch! Even if not always doing it verbally, Phil is still all promo all the time, bless him :ravetree:
Ooh, it's a cute hoodie! Makes me wish D&P had something like that as well because I'm not of a fan of any of their wearable merch tbh. I hope their upcoming tour merch will be nicer (I do like the neon aesthetic of the logo) and I'd love it if they'd sell hoodies!
fancybum
senpai

dancy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:44 pm
fancybum wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:11 pm

Ooh, it's a cute hoodie! Makes me wish D&P had something like that as well because I'm not of a fan of any of their wearable merch tbh. I hope their upcoming tour merch will be nicer (I do like the neon aesthetic of the logo) and I'd love it if they'd sell hoodies!
I don't know why I'm being such a shill today (and this doesn't even apply to you since you just said you're not into their wearables lol) but if anybody wants 30% off D&P's (already slightly discounted!) holiday jumpers and didn't get the newsletter, the code is COZY for a limited time. I'm considering getting one...

Capita£ester has brainwashed us all.. the spon was inside us all along...
/shilling
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

The last video that was posted to AP last year was PINOF 8 so I was surprised to hear that there would be another. That being said as much as I would love a DITL I just don't see how it would be one. They already did a festive one and a London one and even made a video decorating a Christmas tree a long time ago so I don't see what it could be. That being said I might cry if we go this whole year without a DITL considering there has been one a year since 2012.

This year has been about giving the people what they want:
We wanted dan to curl phil's hair
We wanted them to lifestream gaming
We hoped they would move
We wanted Phil to predict Dan's future
We wanted them to be more open
We wanted the dog content
We wanted boyfriend buys my clothes, which they basically did
So I'm hoping Deppy have heard our prayers and will thus give us the last we asked for in 2017: a festive ditl prt 2.

(Also a very tiny part of me is hoping the reason we haven't got one, despite all the opportunities, is because they did a year in the life. But this is me with ridiculously high hopes.)
cerulean
smol bean

The screaming routine's getting old on overcooked... no need to take the game. so. seriously! :roll:

There are a million games out there... on steam or the switch or apps, whatever! I just wish they'd do something a little more fun/creative/unpredictable. They really aren't taking advantage of their wacky bants when half the stream is just Dan screaming "carrot! carrot! chop the carrot!"
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

I liked the collab with PJ! Very very flirty and enjoyable. Livestream was good. A bit too screamy for me, but I still liked it.
:transheart:
mm_sunny1993
spork

Dan's answer to 'React to youtube rewind' was him announcing that he'll do a livestream some time next week and saying that there is so much to talk about....to me that felt like he'll actually be addressing something? idk it was just my first thought to it. Maybe it's just another case of dan completely ignoring the question and just talking about something else.
This time dan was way to loud but the rest of it was okay.
Other than that I'm excited for the new AP video :yippee: I don't even care what it is it just already feels so long ago since the last one because pinof doesn't really count in my opinion.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Just caught up on the videos from today. Really liked the PJ one, and the livestream was pretty enjoyable too. I've skimmed through the forum and most people have already said my thoughts, so I won't make this too long, but I did want to point out one part of PJ's video.

11:24: PJ to Dan: "I mean, just imagine with [character's name] you can be making sweet love one minute and then they'll pull out some mochi (sp?) and be like, 'hey, hungry?'. "They've got Japanese snacks on standby".
Dan: "And then afterwards I can still be their friend."

Lmao phil's face at 11:30ish, and then he turns to look at someone off camera (i assume sophie) and his eyes widen slightly and he's tight-lipped/smirking slightly.

They were literally describing Phil, and Phil knows it, and his reaction was priceless.

(the sex then snacc part was also hilarious for reasons)
hello9217
flower crown

So it looks like a PJ was also invited to the premire which makes me wonder if a certain Swede was also invited. I’m hoping he’s tarnished his image so much that people know it wouldn’t look good if he’s invited, like he wasn’t for Rewind.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Slightly belated PJ collab thoughts - I also loved this video, and even preferred it to the Truth Bombs video, which I also enjoyed a lot. It had a really pleasant, calm vibe to it and was super enjoyable. Regarding the opposite political opinions question, I really find it unlikely that Dan was implying Phil is politically conservative. I would be willing to bet the entire contents of my bank account that Phil voted Labour this year, just based on his basic liberal viewpoints and other things like joking about Theresa May running through the wheat fields - but also because I find it unlikely that passionately-Labour-Dan would tolerate living with a Tory for six+ years. Anyway, loved the video, loved their use of gender-neutral pronouns, loved Phil's enthusiasm for lubed up tentacles, and I'm sure I'll rewatch it at some point.

Overcooked livestream thoughts - What I have learned is that I need to stop reading people's responses to their videos before I actually watch the video, because I was so wary of them being in a stressed/tense mood that I was tentative to watch the video. I actually really enjoyed it, and didn't pick up on tense vibes at all. The game itself was stressful (I felt that those levels seemed more difficult than the previous ones they've played), so naturally they were stressed while playing, but to me that added to the immersion of the video and got me hooked. Admittedly, I didn't watch live so maybe the tension was less noticeable watching it back than it was when they were live, but I am confused as to how people are interpreting the stress/tension as related to Dan and Phil rather than as related to the game itself. Anyway, I thought it was great, 8/10.

I hope we get some nice photos of the two of them dressed up at the Star Wars premiere, and I'm intrigued as to what Phil's new video next week will be (trying to keep my hopes and expectations low). Also I hope Dan does end up managing to do a live show at some point, I have missed their live shows a lot.
hello9217 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:50 am So it looks like a PJ was also invited to the premire which makes me wonder if a certain Swede was also invited. I’m hoping he’s tarnished his image so much that people know it wouldn’t look good if he’s invited, like he wasn’t for Rewind.
Star Wars is under Disney, isn't it? Am I remembering correctly that Disney dropped Felix from a project? I'm hoping that his fractured relationship with Disney will have ruined any possibility of him attending the premiere, please oh please oh please.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

mm_sunny1993 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:07 am Dan's answer to 'React to youtube rewind' was him announcing that he'll do a livestream some time next week and saying that there is so much to talk about....to me that felt like he'll actually be addressing something? idk it was just my first thought to it. Maybe it's just another case of dan completely ignoring the question and just talking about something else.
This time dan was way to loud but the rest of it was okay.
I hope he'll talk about rewind, but I'm not super confident in the idea that he's actually going speak ill of youtube. It felt a little more like him just acknowledging that people were upset but not really doing anything like he did with the pewdiepie situation.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

We have reached the point in Gamingmas where the video overload gets to my ability to write coherent posts where I share my thoughts. I think this is what living a luxury life is like. :hmmm:

I enjoyed the collab with PJ, it was especially nice how it felt like an actual collab instead of D&P ft. other people who may or may not be cardboard like Truth Bombs. "You could be a penpal - they could move in with you." Getting a bit to real there Peej :')

The livestream was good too, Dan in the cheese costume already provided half the entertainment value even if he was a dick sometimes. tbh I think I'd lose my patience with Phil too sometimes, he really just messes around sometimes (probably to get a rise out of Dan for the video). Still love Phil trying to shush Dan by reminding him of his ~indoor voice~ like nice try bud but you're a few years late on that one.

PRAYING that Phil will bless us with a DITL next week but I'll keep my expectations lower than my self esteem.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
tyhane
delia smith

I think this was the first ever video where Dan's screaming really, truly annoyed me. :lol: I don't know if I was just because I was stressed myself from the day I had, but I was not really a fan of the video. (Looking back I don't think I've actually liked any of the Overcooked videos though.) There were quite a few good moments ("we can celebrate with mince pies"), but the overall gameplay gave me too much secondhand stress. (is that a thing?) And I can't remember when because I was and still am half-asleep, but I remember thinking there was a part where it felt like they got genuinely annoyed, which just isn't very pleasant to watch. :shrug: Again, I'm in a pretty bad mood so I'm not saying they necessarily were, it simply came across that way for me.

I found it a bit strange that Phil lied and said they hadn't completed all the levels, and Dan later said that they actually played them all and got 3 stars. Don't get me wrong, it didn't annoy me or anything, seeing as it's such an incredibly inconsequential lie lol (and little stuff like this isn't anything new, ex. Dan's reaction to the kangaroo onesie). It just confused me why he even said it - it doesn't seem like it would have been any more effort or weird to say "oh yeah we 3-starred all the levels" or even just ignore the game's comment.

Lord, we have a lot of stuff coming next week. (Why did they do the snort thing after saying they'd be hanging out with Martyn? I feel like Dan has been doing that a lot lately but I don't really understand what the usage is lmao.) I hate that people have put the thought of festive ditl 2.0 in my mind for Phil's video next week. :rofl: I'm just going to force my brain to expect another psychology quiz-level video, then hopefully I won't be too disappointed.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

i didn't actually mind dan's screaming that much...

i was so frustrated by phil being completely and utterly incompetent. did he forget how to play the game? did he freeze up and just ignore dan? why was he so terrible? i know he's generally worse at games than dan but this seemed to be a new low. forget screaming, i'd have slapped him if i were in dan's place. people saying phil must have had the patience of a saint... well, i think it must have taken so much of dan's willpower not to punch phil and ragequit or something. it reminded me of their old sonic video where phil cannot pass the level and dan takes the game very very seriously. in this one, they were both fooling around (especially phil!) and it was frustrating to watch, even though i love their overcooked streams generally.
hello9217
flower crown

I think Phil’s issue is that he crumbles under pressure. In the moments that Dan is calm and not yelling Phil is playing the game and it flows. As soon as Dan starts freaking out and yelling Phil immediately freezes up. They say this quite frequently but Phil has a nervous energy so it doesn’t really help anything when Dan is screaming and thus making him more nervous. It frustrates me quite a bit when Dan is literally shouting directions and Phil is not doing anything because he just stills in those moments.
Like in the PJ video today, Phil said he couldn’t have someone that is was always shouting and angry with him in a stressful situation-the zombie apocalypse scenario.
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

hello9217 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:25 am I think Phil’s issue is that he crumbles under pressure. In the moments that Dan is calm and not yelling Phil is playing the game and it flows. As soon as Dan starts freaking out and yelling Phil immediately freezes up. They say this quite frequently but Phil has a nervous energy so it doesn’t really help anything when Dan is screaming and thus making him more nervous. It frustrates me quite a bit when Dan is literally shouting directions and Phil is not doing anything because he just stills in those moments.
Like in the PJ video today, Phil said he couldn’t have someone that is was always shouting and angry with him in a stressful situation-the zombie apocalypse scenario.
Oof, yeah, I think you're right about that. It looks that way to me as well.
Idk, I'm not even in the room with them and my shoulders go up around my ears and I can't understand what's being said at all anymore when it's shouted repeatedly like that. :shrug: I think I'll just join Phil in the graphics department ahah :lol:
aleanna
glabella

Susannah wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:13 am i didn't actually mind dan's screaming that much...

i was so frustrated by phil being completely and utterly incompetent. did he forget how to play the game? did he freeze up and just ignore dan? why was he so terrible? i know he's generally worse at games than dan but this seemed to be a new low. forget screaming, i'd have slapped him if i were in dan's place. people saying phil must have had the patience of a saint... well, i think it must have taken so much of dan's willpower not to punch phil and ragequit or something. it reminded me of their old sonic video where phil cannot pass the level and dan takes the game very very seriously. in this one, they were both fooling around (especially phil!) and it was frustrating to watch, even though i love their overcooked streams generally.
This. Phil was the one who was stressing me out by not doing anything. I know that Dan's screaming wasn't helping the situation, but I'm not gonna lie, I'd have been doing the same thing. There's a reason that I'm not a gamer. Seriously, I'm terrible, and every game turns me into a screaming mess of nerves and rage. :oops:
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
fieldoflovers
living flop

Dan's yelling added 5 years to my life but the phil/pj zaniness from their collab took away10 years. This is quickly becoming a math problem :?

I think the truth bomb collab would have worked better if they didn't sit in the middle. I think the guests would maybe feel less awkward. Also maybe they should get a round table and sit in a semi-circle? the frame would be less crowded and it'd still work?

unrelated mushiness under the cut:
i'm turning 18 in about 20 minutes and I'm rlly emotional about dnp. they've been making me happy for 7 years and a lot of people have said that liking them is just a phase but I rlly hope it isn't. I wanna be old and wrinkly and still loving them. :garbage: phan trash forever. lol i'm going to go back to roasting them tomorrow.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

fieldoflovers wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:41 am
unrelated mushiness under the cut:
i'm turning 18 in about 20 minutes and I'm rlly emotional about dnp. they've been making me happy for 7 years and a lot of people have said that liking them is just a phase but I rlly hope it isn't. I wanna be old and wrinkly and still loving them. :garbage: phan trash forever. lol i'm going to go back to roasting them tomorrow.
a reply that is also unrelated to the general thread
hey! happy birthday!! :birthday: i also turned 18 this year (although at the start instead haha), and there were a lot of things i was told were going to just be phases in my life. i only got into deppy about 3 or 4 years ago, so it hasn't been nearly as long as you, but a lot of people told me i was going to grow out of them in a year or so, and i never did. while i've had a lot of reality checks regarding them over the past year that has made me step back and realize i really don't know them, it hasn't changed how much i still enjoy watching them. i think as long as they still make you happy, there's no reason you'll grow out of them. i guess i could compare that to my person obsession with harry potter. i can't really remember a time in my life without it and to this day it still makes me as excited as i was when i was little.

i totally understand how you're feeling (tbh i feel much the same...just as long as they don't disappoint me big time imma be stuck in the trash can forever haha), and i guess after that big ramble i'm just trying to say that don't worry about it too much! if they stop making you happy, then maybe you've grown out of them, but there are so many people far older than us who still enjoy them and their content so it'll be okay. i hope you have a great birthday! :) 18 is something pretty big to celebrate haha
Viofish
glabella

not sure if this was already discussed, but what is happening with dnp's views? or most of youtube's views for that matter? a good chunk of their videos haven't surpassed 1mill+ and I'm just wondering if they're becoming irrelevant??
"when you finna nut but no one wants to help with your kink"
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Thought it was more common knowledge that they had played the game before? They mentioned it in the first gaming stream (or was it in a live show?). I definitely remember them saying it - which, yeah, makes it a little bit lame that they fake excitement over unlocked characters and surprise with the level designs. On the other hand, they know they are totally in control of what is happening and being streamed out since they can't edit it.