Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
snokoplasmic
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

literally everything about this was so cute, i can't choose just one thing to single out omg
Amiaw
interactive introvert

That video was something...

I love that they are progressively getting softer and the end screen was my favorite- very domestic.

Also “phil, it’s you or nobody”
(Obviously context matters but i’m Just going to pretend..)
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

This entire video was the definition of extra, and I loved it all. :rainbowsparkle: :rainbowsparkle: :rainbowsparkle: :rainbowsparkle:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I'm only halfway through the rainbow-fest game cos Project for Awesome is streaming (all weekend btw, how Jack, PJ and pals ended up clashing is kinda funny). Re Phil and books, I was surprised by Dan saying that too, but in the UK there is a difference between studying English Language as Phil did, and English Literature which involves reading all the books. There's room to include literature to study the language and I don't actually know for sure cos I only did English literature A-Level at the end of high school (mine was too snobby to do English language beyond age 16 cos English Lit degrees wanted an A in the Literature A-Level). Also what people have said about what he reads, cos he's read a load of Stephen King, got into that book quickly in them, um, [whisper] Festive DITL [/whisper], etc
liola
rankussy

This is the most I've heard them say the word gay in a video lmao

I loved it! Not as good as the original bubble bobble but a nice sequel! Loved the end screen :garbage:

What was Dan's face as the first mention of their girlfriend lmao

Also did anyone else hear then saying something about a video next week after they talk about Sans and Papyrus? Any guess? Man I'm excited for whatever Undertale related content we might get, I rewatch the series constantly to fall asleep
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
quercussp
living flop

Such a great video! I feel Dan was a bit tired or still feeling poorly, so there were less theatrics but more bants and cute domestic stuff. I also am raising my eyebrows at Phil saying that they are going to celebrate tonight in that voice, that's just cruel.
anenergetic
spork
Pronouns: he/him

i don't know what to say????? that video was so soft and incredible. my jaw was on the ground the whole time?
gay :prideflag:
Ewok
rainbow nerd

I was just whining earlier about how I want to see the both of them with their tree. And they delivered with that endscreen. My heart is full. My skin is clear. My crops are thriving.
:garbage:

Adorable endscreen aside, this video was everything. I loved it so much, one of this year’s gamingmas faves for sure imo. Phil was silly and lovely - I love his nostalgic stories, Dan with his snarky, subtle political commentary, and everything was just... gay as hell. Loved it so much. Going to have to rewatch to fully process. :prideheart:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
bee
phabergé

This was so nice and chill! And whatever/let's just roll with it. Worked quite well in this case!

They really love that Christmas tree don't they. :festive:
alien
procrastinator

liola wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:07 am Also did anyone else hear then saying something about a video next week after they talk about Sans and Papyrus? Any guess? Man I'm excited for whatever Undertale related content we might get, I rewatch the series constantly to fall asleep
Yes! I heard that and I got ridiculously excited even though I don't have a clue what it could be. But Undertale is my all-time fave dnp content so I'm v. curious
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

this video was everything - gay propaganda, "we are celebrating tonight", and phil being offended about the anti-ginger message (i laughed so hard when dan said "giant ginger vampire", all i could think was that's literally phil) :prideheart:

not to mention the amazing endscreen and phil's little cut off "tree!" at the end :epictree:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alien wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:14 am
liola wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:07 am Also did anyone else hear then saying something about a video next week after they talk about Sans and Papyrus? Any guess? Man I'm excited for whatever Undertale related content we might get, I rewatch the series constantly to fall asleep
Yes! I heard that and I got ridiculously excited even though I don't have a clue what it could be. But Undertale is my all-time fave dnp content so I'm v. curious
Genocide run, maybe?
tyhane
delia smith

I noticed that too. I have no idea what it'd be besides a genocide run. Although Dan already played that by himself (iirc?) so I really didn't think they'd do it. And it's not really the type of thing that could fit into one video, even if it was an hour long...

I loved this video so much. It was so just... soft and cozy, just like the original Bubble Bobble. Also, I don't know if Dan is/was actually feeling under the weather or if it was just his voice, but he was much more mellow than usual and I kinda loved it. :lol: Also, since when has Phil hitting Dan's shoulder been an every-video thing? I swear he's done it every one this gamingmas (except Truth Bombs maybe). I mean more causal touching has always been a thing in 2017/post-baking universe, but I feel like it's been really apparent lately. Oh, and that little vloggy endscreen was so cute... but kind of made the news of no ditl this year a hurt a bit more lol. Ahhh I just loved this video. This might have been my favorite video of Gamingmas this year so far. :thumb:
alien
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:19 am
Genocide run, maybe?
Could we really be so lucky? I'd completely given up hope on that and am going to force myself to keep it that was as to not set myself up for disappointment lol
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alch wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:52 pm
whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:47 pm "It's a big gay propaganda game" already off to a good start
"we're hitting you with our gay agenda"
I think they're just trying to throw us thread name suggestions at this point

That was a great vid. One of my favs of gamingmas so far I think. I don't think Dan was feeling too great still, but that added to the chill vibes of the video (am I the only one that wishes his voice was still a bit more gone? I love the sound of people's voices when they're raspy). And there were so many good one-liners in this video.
mm_sunny1993
spork

Okay that was interesting. I liked it it was really relaxing. I will definitely rewatch that. I got the bubble bobble vibe and i loved the first video from last year.
I feel like they talked more about other topics than their gameplay which was nice.
I need to watch it again though because i think i missed way to much of what they actually said. They talk too fast and I'm too tired.
I'm glad Dan's voice is back and the endscreen was adorable :platonic:
malday
emo goose

Genocide run, maybe?
If it's not the genocide run they might be playing one of the fan made games, there are a lot of them.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

malday wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:34 am
Genocide run, maybe?
If it's not the genocide run they might be playing one of the fan made games, there are a lot of them.
I wasn't aware that there were fan made games, but now that you mention it I think that would make more sense than the genocide run (since we all know Dan has already played it himself). It could be the genocide run and I'd be down to watch that, but I just have a feeling it'll be something else.

Have you seen any of the fan made games, or played them yourself? Are they good?
Loafer
sofa crease

That was A Lot. Some things that stuck out to me:

Second day in a row with a “casual” video title. “Taste our rainbows” still has my eyebrows raised. Really, boys? It’s a tiny bit suggestive...

The mention of the beetles story “in our bath”. Casual “our” mention, when I think Phil had previously said “the” or “my” bath? Considering I’m sure we’ve seen at least two different types of shower tile in their videos, plus the fact that it’s likely at least a 3 bedroom apartment (gaming room being the third bedroom) surely Phil would have his own bathroom? If I believed they were platonic roommates, I would find it odd that Phil would refer to his bathroom as theirs.

Casually joking about the charades video gah my heart.

The endscreen MY HEART <3

I loled at the truth bombs promo.

With the very rainbow theme, it would’ve been easy to make the overall gay-ness the butt of the joke, but of course they didn’t. They were touchy as ever, talked about celebrating “later”, domestic food talk, and filmed the endscreen in front of their Christmas tree together. I think their treatment of the game material and their behavior together sends a pretty clear message about them, and it’s so nice not to have them shying away from it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oh my god, I loved this video so damn much. I'm also pretty sure I've never written the word "gay" so many times in a set of timestamps.

:24 - Their lens broke.
:35 - Phil's nostalgia quest.
1:29 - They immediately write the girlfriends out as having run off together.
1:34 - Gay propoganda game.
2:44 - Gay global warming propoganda; a good social message.
3:51 - Boob King; so this was def filmed yesterday.
4:03 - "Insects are gross but lesbians should be allowed to run away and live their own life."
4:41 - "I'm scared, Phil."
5:00 - Phil childhood story, are birds animals?
5:55 - Phil encouraging Dan. (Dan's Eric Trump joke.)
6:09 - Our bath
6:48 - Phil gets verbally violent ("Goddamn bird. Idiot.") and jokes he's turning into Dan.
8:29 - Phil attracted to anthropomophized helicopters.
8:36 - They both get filthy over an apricot that looks like a butt.
9:20 - "We're hitting you with our gay agenda."
9:25 - Canon looks phallic.
9:31 - Dan calls Phil awesome at the game.
10:31 - Phil sponning. (Dan drafts a tweet.)
10:44 - "Philly L. OML."
11:12 - Phil is hungry, Dan is craving fine material.
11:20 - Phil navigates around rhyming with the word truck.
12:34 - Dan delivering a very 'I'm sorry, what? Try again.' boyfriend look.
12:45 - Phil says "cousins want to suck our brains out" and then giggles because he thinks it's inappropriate.
13:30 - Sans and Papyrus mention.
13:39 - Phil calls something 'dank.' Confirmed, they are one person.
13:50 - "Birthday part at a Wimpy." (Dan's, or he went to someone's?)
14:20 - Thick booty.
14:34 - Rainbow power activate.
14:54 - Phil is offended that the message is ginger people want to hurt you.
15:09 - "Fabulous ginger vampire backing his butt up into your face." (Potential blurb for The Urge 2?)
16:03 - Furries need to be removed from society.
16:10 - Phil singing Don't Stop Me Now.
16:48 - Dan is upset by the phrase 'tasty treat' - Phil is so amused by that I feel like there must be some inside joke there.
17:04 - "We are gonna be celebrating tonight."
17:24 - "Throbbing in the side of my head." "I'm glad you said head."
18:47 - "Get on top of him and fire into his head."
19:24 - Meditation mention (from Phil).
19:40 - End screen cuteness, and tree.
Loafer wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:49 amWith the very rainbow theme, it would’ve been easy to make the overall gay-ness the butt of the joke, but of course they didn’t. They were touchy as ever, talked about celebrating “later”, domestic food talk, and filmed the endscreen in front of their Christmas tree together. I think their treatment of the game material and their behavior together sends a pretty clear message about them, and it’s so nice not to have them shying away from it.
I strongly agree with this whole paragraph.
Sinister Shipper
drama llama

I adore them!! Very cute video!!

I hate that everyone points out all the innuendos & stuff in their videos. Every single video someone points out something that was said or the touchy feely moments or love eyes or whatever & makes a bigger deal out of it than should be. Why can't phans just watch a video for what it is instead of analysing everything that is said or done & making it about their sexuality or how comfortable they are getting in front of the camera so they are more affectionate or not discouraging comments by acting the way they do. Who cares?? Enjoy the content they make, enjoy them making jokes & being silly but stop making everything about them being gay & slowly getting the phans adjusted to the idea of them being together or hinting or making indirect comments that are taken out of proportion & made to be a bigger thing than is necessary.

Tonight's video especially, everyone pointing out the obvious, who cares, just let them be, let them say what they want, do/act how they want & not pick every single thing apart.

Their videos/tweets/Instagram/Tumblr post shouldn't always be reduced to them "alluding" to anything other than the content that they want to put out but everyone makes everything about them being a couple & that's gotta be pretty tiring. They are grown ass adults, they have adult senses of humor, they have curious minds about different subcultures. Their videos & they themselves are more than what everyone takes them for.

It makes me sad that a majority of the comments about this video (not just on here but YouTube & Twitter as well) are going to point out all the gay agenda mentions & rainbows & they are going to be made into Dan & Phil indirectly associating it to themselves but in a round about way.

I personally believe they are together but I would never go crazy & point out every single thing in every single video. Maybe bcuz I feel that phans ruined things for Dan & Phil in the beginning by making comments/accusations/hardcore shipping that they don't deserve to be continuously talked about in such a manner or their videos analyzed in such a way. They deserve to be able to put content out there that doesn't cause speculation of a hidden agenda or message.

Enjoy them & their videos/pictures/posts for exactly what they are, not what you assume them to be!!!

The phandom in general needs to grow up & let things lie as they may & if/when they decide to make things public, I 100% expect so many to say "we knew it" "I told you so" blah blah blah bcuz that's how this phandom is. God forbid the phandom let Dan & Phil have one thing that isn't tainted & made less of or more of a big deal by their maniacal fans.

I am not in any way shape or form pointing a finger at anyone personally here or anywhere else for that matter, only stating the very obnoxiously obvious truth about the majority of this phandom. Put yourselves in their shoes, how sick & tired would you be if for the past 8 years everything you said or done was picked apart by millions of people who think they know you but have no clue & make very public their opinions about your personal life. I'd find it quite hard to want to do anything bcuz of how those people tear it apart. Getting butthurt bcuz they didn't do a DITL video this year but omg they've done one every year for the most part, cry cry cry! It's about what they want to do & shouldn't be about what others expect them to do. They started YouTube bcuz they wanted to do what they wanted to do but the phandom put them in a corner by spamming their comment sections with expectations & it got to the point where Dan said enough, I'm getting back to doing what I want to do & I'm rebranding bcuz those people ruined the image I had put out there. Everyone says they love DnP but I think this phandom is very disrespectful, demanding & in some cases delusional. When's it going to change? Continuously calling a 26 year old a rat even tho he wants to get away from that brand is going against his wishes but he plays it off bcuz he's too much of a sweetheart to say anything. Treating an almost 31 year old as an "innocent bean" is ridiculous bcuz he's obviously only showing his online persona to the world - he's a 30 year old man that is far from innocent so when he swears or says a crude joke, the world can't take it. This is not how they should be forced to act bcuz everything is taken out of context.

People need to stop projecting their thoughts, opinions & feelings on Dan & Phil's content in every form of social media & just allow them to freely say & do as they please without making it about something you think it's about.

Rant over - bring on the backlash cuz I'm sure it's coming!!!
malday
emo goose

whatdoiknow wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:43 am
Genocide run, maybe?
I wasn't aware that there were fan made games, but now that you mention it I think that would make more sense than the genocide run (since we all know Dan has already played it himself). It could be the genocide run and I'd be down to watch that, but I just have a feeling it'll be something else.

Have you seen any of the fan made games, or played them yourself? Are they good?
Even if Dan played it already, he could maybe load up a save and have Phil try to beat Sans just to troll him.

I don't know how good or bad any of the fan made ones are.
fancybum
senpai

whatdoiknow wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:43 am
Genocide run, maybe?

This game immediately came to mind when Dan mumbled something about a game next week:

(gameplay starts around 1:20) It's festive so it would make sense.

Anyway, this vid: :happytears:
Bubble Bobble is one of my fav gaming videos to go back to and now this one can follow it. Gamingmas is getting its second wind and I couldn't be happier right now.
Sinister Shipper wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am
I adore them!! Very cute video!!

I hate that everyone points out all the innuendos & stuff in their videos. Every single video someone points out something that was said or the touchy feely moments or love eyes or whatever & makes a bigger deal out of it than should be. Why can't phans just watch a video for what it is instead of analysing everything that is said or done & making it about their sexuality or how comfortable they are getting in front of the camera so they are more affectionate or not discouraging comments by acting the way they do. Who cares?? Enjoy the content they make, enjoy them making jokes & being silly but stop making everything about them being gay & slowly getting the phans adjusted to the idea of them being together or hinting or making indirect comments that are taken out of proportion & made to be a bigger thing than is necessary.

Tonight's video especially, everyone pointing out the obvious, who cares, just let them be, let them say what they want, do/act how they want & not pick every single thing apart.

Their videos/tweets/Instagram/Tumblr post shouldn't always be reduced to them "alluding" to anything other than the content that they want to put out but everyone makes everything about them being a couple & that's gotta be pretty tiring. They are grown ass adults, they have adult senses of humor, they have curious minds about different subcultures. Their videos & they themselves are more than what everyone takes them for.

It makes me sad that a majority of the comments about this video (not just on here but YouTube & Twitter as well) are going to point out all the gay agenda mentions & rainbows & they are going to be made into Dan & Phil indirectly associating it to themselves but in a round about way.

I personally believe they are together but I would never go crazy & point out every single thing in every single video. Maybe bcuz I feel that phans ruined things for Dan & Phil in the beginning by making comments/accusations/hardcore shipping that they don't deserve to be continuously talked about in such a manner or their videos analyzed in such a way. They deserve to be able to put content out there that doesn't cause speculation of a hidden agenda or message.

Enjoy them & their videos/pictures/posts for exactly what they are, not what you assume them to be!!!

The phandom in general needs to grow up & let things lie as they may & if/when they decide to make things public, I 100% expect so many to say "we knew it" "I told you so" blah blah blah bcuz that's how this phandom is. God forbid the phandom let Dan & Phil have one thing that isn't tainted & made less of or more of a big deal by their maniacal fans.

I am not in any way shape or form pointing a finger at anyone personally here or anywhere else for that matter, only stating the very obnoxiously obvious truth about the majority of this phandom. Put yourselves in their shoes, how sick & tired would you be if for the past 8 years everything you said or done was picked apart by millions of people who think they know you but have no clue & make very public their opinions about your personal life. I'd find it quite hard to want to do anything bcuz of how those people tear it apart. Getting butthurt bcuz they didn't do a DITL video this year but omg they've done one every year for the most part, cry cry cry! It's about what they want to do & shouldn't be about what others expect them to do. They started YouTube bcuz they wanted to do what they wanted to do but the phandom put them in a corner by spamming their comment sections with expectations & it got to the point where Dan said enough, I'm getting back to doing what I want to do & I'm rebranding bcuz those people ruined the image I had put out there. Everyone says they love DnP but I think this phandom is very disrespectful, demanding & in some cases delusional. When's it going to change? Continuously calling a 26 year old a rat even tho he wants to get away from that brand is going against his wishes but he plays it off bcuz he's too much of a sweetheart to say anything. Treating an almost 31 year old as an "innocent bean" is ridiculous bcuz he's obviously only showing his online persona to the world - he's a 30 year old man that is far from innocent so when he swears or says a crude joke, the world can't take it. This is not how they should be forced to act bcuz everything is taken out of context.

People need to stop projecting their thoughts, opinions & feelings on Dan & Phil's content in every form of social media & just allow them to freely say & do as they please without making it about something you think it's about.

lol Phil calls Dan a rat in almost every video lately, what a terrible human being. Anyway, I loved this gay ass video and all the hidden messages it contained and everything I'm projecting into it. Now I'm going to go think about how much I adore their loving committed relationship and send them more grief for depriving me of a ditl this year. The married bastards.
Last edited by fancybum on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Sinister Shipper wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am I adore them!! Very cute video!!

I agree that people can take the shipping too far and let it color their perception of everything dan and phil do however they have admitted that they will say things or drop hints to steer the phandom a certain way so I don’t think they are completely innocent bystanders in this.

At the end of the day, as long as people aren’t crossing any lines, I don’t see why we need to police how people feel about dan and phil or how they choose to express it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Sinister Shipper wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am I adore them!! Very cute video!!

You're definitely entitled to the opinion! I will point out that this being a forum, it's pretty much made for more intensive discussion about things - the people that gravitate here by and large don't just want to casually observe a video or they wouldn't have sought out somewhere with this level of interactivity and no word limit or posting format that discourages longer posts. What you dislike about fandom is literally the reason I stay interested - because I get to take these two human beings who show me a few minutes of their day and just dig in deep. If that's not what you prefer out of a fandom or what you're there for, then that's fine - for yourself. But one of the things about fandom being such a wide and varied place is that at the end of the day we're all just gonna do what we wanna do, and no one has the ability (or right, but mostly - ability) to dictate to anyone else how they get to enjoy something. You can say people need to "stop projecting their thoughts, opinions & feelings onto Dan and Phil's content in every form of social media" but you can't make people do that.

If Dan and Phil make a video and talk about gay agenda, I get to discuss that they talked about gay agenda. If they headcanon two characters girlfriends ran off together to be lesbians, I get to talk about how they ran off to be lesbians. If one of them calls the others voice sexy, I definitely get to talk about that. I absolutely don't think everyone else in fandom is required to like, enjoy, or participate in that conversation about those things - but there should be enough diversity amongst topics that we can participate in what we enjoy and allow other people the same, or engage in healthy debate that isn't trying to shut anything down. And I kind of want to go into a whole 'unless it involves explicit privacy invasion' but I'm cognizant of the fact that people's definitions of privacy invasion can differ and that to some people discussing things Dan and Phil put into a video might seem too far, but that kind of circles back around to - you can argue with someone but you can't ultimately shame them into stopping anything.

And to your initial question of "Who cares??" - obviously, a lot of people care! The same way some people are in fandom because they like Dan, or they like Phil, or they like dry humor and sketches, or they liking watching two tall British guys casually game... some are in fandom because they just like the story of Dan and Phil, and watching it unfold on a personal level.