Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
OhItsElliott
drama llama
Pronouns: He/him

Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to this ls. It feels like it's been such a long time and I am missing his casual rambly livesteams!

Edit: top of page makes me feel like I should have said something more substantial :? Anyone have anything they're hoping he'll talk about?
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

I just got home after a day of hell and I still haven't watched the gaming stream and I'm just here wondering if the Dan ls is to substitute a gaming video or not?

But I was talking to a non-fandom friend today about Derpy and Preppy and some thing she said made me wonder: do you think the openness of this year, the unedited touches, the flirtation left in videos..do you think it was something they talked about last year or do you think it just happened once and they decided to go with the flow and just found themselves more and more comfortable as time went by?

I guess what I'm asking is, do you think there was a big catalyst that put everything in motion or just a natural lack of fucks to give anymore, because they're happier and it's been 8 years and the time just feels right?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

liola wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:43 pm I just got home after a day of hell and I still haven't watched the gaming stream and I'm just here wondering if the Dan ls is to substitute a gaming video or not?

But I was talking to a non-fandom friend today about Derpy and Preppy and some thing she said made me wonder: do you think the openness of this year, the unedited touches, the flirtation left in videos..do you think it was something they talked about last year or do you think it just happened once and they decided to go with the flow and just found themselves more and more comfortable as time went by?

I guess what I'm asking is, do you think there was a big catalyst that put everything in motion or just a natural lack of fucks to give anymore, because they're happier and it's been 8 years and the time just feels right?
I think both? As in, it's going naturally but they do keep checking in with each other sometimes to make sure they're on the same page/both comfortable with how they're presenting themselves.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

relatablemood wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:59 pm
liola wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:43 pm I just got home after a day of hell and I still haven't watched the gaming stream and I'm just here wondering if the Dan ls is to substitute a gaming video or not?

I think both? As in, it's going naturally but they do keep checking in with each other sometimes to make sure they're on the same page/both comfortable with how they're presenting themselves.
I think both, but I also think that it's not insignificant that Dan said he's in a good place right now. If (as described in his depression video) Dan has spent the last 2-3 years building to being in a 'good place' then I think it makes sense that he kept his career very safe and steady with little forward or backward momentum in any area of it while he sorted things out in other areas. I'm not sure that I believe much of this year was a calculated plan so much as both of them (because obviously, Phil plays a part in this too) understanding they were on the same page and then letting things flow.

And likewise I think it makes sense that now that he feels like he's in a good place, he's ready to take some risks in other areas. I also think this doesn't just apply to him and Phil, but also to things like being more open and honest with his audience, being a spokesperson for a charity that means a lot to him and the public speaking engagements that he's done lately.
realeyesrealize
living flop

idkwhattowrite
crusty sponge

This is very off topic, but I've been trying to find the video from radio 1 where they are blindfolded and have to touch people's faces and try to recognise each other, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it?

In other news, I am really looking forward to a dan liveshow again, it feels like ages since he did one last time!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I was only listening with one ear but I need a full quote of that Star Wars fandom rant about theories and fanfiction so I can look at it out of context cause it sounded so fitting for the phandom.

Edit: Wow, Dan is talking about a celebrity death/suicide? Has he done this in the past? I remember Phil went live when Chester from Linkin Park died but he didn't mention it.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

idkwhattowrite wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:14 pm This is very off topic, but I've been trying to find the video from radio 1 where they are blindfolded and have to touch people's faces and try to recognise each other, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKNsI9O ... yvSP2IgJ4U
fancybum
senpai

So no more regular (well, "regular") Tuesday liveshows, eh? :cry: I wonder if Phil's going to cut them down too or if he'll keep it weekly (outside of tour time anyway). New Year's resolution pour moi: find another hobby. Shit.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
quercussp
living flop

can we all just agree that any liveshow that has a doorbell ringing and phil barging in is great? honestly that was more than enough for me to enjoy that liveshow immensely.
malday
emo goose

All i could think about was their tree looks so wilted already, did they put it near a heat source?
liola
rankussy

The one minute of domesticity of Phil answering the door then draping tinsel on Dan's neck and giggling like it was the cutest and funniest thing saved my day? We didn't even see his face but I can imagine his pokey tongue grin damn

Love Dan being fake annoyed too
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:42 pm I was only listening with one ear but I need a full quote of that Star Wars fandom rant about theories and fanfiction so I can look at it out of context cause it sounded so fitting for the phandom.

Edit: Wow, Dan is talking about a celebrity death/suicide? Has he done this in the past? I remember Phil went live when Chester from Linkin Park died but he didn't mention it.
In a lot of ways it can’t really be applied to the Phandom because there isn’t years between content. The very nature of fandom is to want to analyse, discuss and interpret the ‘media’.
That being said the idea of losing sight of the canon definitely applies to the phandom.
He started buffering in the middle of this so I didn’t get it all. Hopefully I didn’t miss anything important.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

998274 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:09 pm can we all just agree that any liveshow that has a doorbell ringing and phil barging in is great? honestly that was more than enough for me to enjoy that liveshow immensely.
I can't wait until this moment is giffed. Why did Phul just have tinsel? I don't care. It was funny.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
Amiaw
interactive introvert

My stream lagged when he said he'd be moving the liveshows. Did he give a reason?
Ablissa
pastel persona

Amiaw wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:19 pm My stream lagged when he said he'd be moving the liveshows. Did he give a reason?
He basically said he'd be busy a lot of the time and didn't want to make excuses. He'll announce ahead of time when he's doing one (we'll see about that).
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

obscureDnPreference wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:15 pm
998274 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:09 pm can we all just agree that any liveshow that has a doorbell ringing and phil barging in is great? honestly that was more than enough for me to enjoy that liveshow immensely.
I can't wait until this moment is giffed. Why did Phul just have tinsel? I don't care. It was funny.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Amiaw wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:19 pm My stream lagged when he said he'd be moving the liveshows. Did he give a reason?
He’d have to cancel and reschedule too many next year due to things falling on tuesdays
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Ablissa wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:21 pm
He basically said he'd be busy a lot of the time and didn't want to make excuses. He'll announce ahead of time when he's doing one (we'll see about that).
Thanks! I wonder if they'll be busy preparing for tour or if that is going to be their new date night
tyhane
delia smith

I was a bit unclear if he meant he's moving Tuesday liveshows to another day, or... if he's just going to tweet once in a while when he feels like doing one? It's hard not to feel a bit sad about that, even though I sort of had a weird feeling he/they were going to cut down on them eventually. Since they don't have a set day for uploading videos, I used Tuesdays/Thursdays as days to look forward to. (Even though they usually ended up cancelling lmao.) I really need to find an additional hobby before they go on tour... I truly don't trust them when they say they'll keep up with uploads. :rofl:

Besides that it was an above-average Dan liveshow for me. Between his voice, the hat, and the Christmas tree background, it was unusually cozy and nice.
idkwhattowrite
crusty sponge

pearshaped34 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:46 pm
idkwhattowrite wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:14 pm This is very off topic, but I've been trying to find the video from radio 1 where they are blindfolded and have to touch people's faces and try to recognise each other, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKNsI9O ... yvSP2IgJ4U
Thanks! :)
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

I loved this liveshow. I missed him so much. I needed this liveshow more than anything today. He looked so cute with his black santa hat and sweater. The tiny domestic interaction with Phil brought the biggest smile to my face oh god they are so happy, I can't believe it. I want that :(

He talked about Jonghyun :love2: My first ever "fandom" was kpop and I was the biggest Shawol. Needless to say, I'm heartbroken, devastated. I cried so much this morning. I teared up a little at the mere mention of his name coming from Dan, I really appreciated it.

He talked about so much stuff and it still felt too short for me. Those 46 minutes went by so fast for me; I just get so invested in anything he says and the way he says it, it's so weird. I'm so sad it's the last of the year and that his schedule will not be consistent for next year because liveshows are the Dan content I look forward to the most. But I understand he may have his reasons for that, and with the tour it's going to be even more difficult. I'll rewatch this a lot I can already tell.
Last edited by yellowsubmarine on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
culture666war666
smol bean

Dan’s lifeshows are my favorite content ever in the whole world! I just feel so positive and relaxed after them. He always sends such a wholesome message. You just feel generally happier after watching him casually talking for an hour.
Sad that there won’t be a ls schedule next year. Let’s hope he doesn’t skip a lot.

Personally, I pointed out his talk about « New Years resolutions » and him planning on making somewhat serious (??) content that expresses his opinions
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

- He confirms he's waiting as late as he can before he goes to see his family - I guess the real question is... when will Phil be leaving? He was stingy with the Phil details this liveshow.

- I loved hearing him talk about bonding with Greg and Mitch. I really hope their paths cross again, though I can't imagine when if deps really do end up skipping out on Vidcon next year due to the tour.

- Dan talking about youtube rewind... so basically his whole rant was completely counterpoint to everything Emma said (about diversity, etc). Ah, that was really fun to hear. But he did essentially confirm that they got special treatment; they didn't have a lot to do, just had to show up and run away from the crowd and then sit on a wall. I definitely think that either they turned down the first offer from youtube because they didn't like the terms (doing slime related stuff, filming with the whole group for long hours) or else youtube offered them special treatment from the getgo just to absolutely ensure that they got that prized giffable moment.

- Dinner with Anthony and Miel! But, wait. If they didn't post an instagram, did it really happen? :shrug:

- Phil 'sneaking about' first with the tinsel and then opening the door for the postman and then showing back up at the end. I hope the new trend going into 2018 is to continue to casually reference each other being in the room while streaming. It's not even like an actual new thing, more like a return to what was normal circla 2012-2013.

- My liveshow theory: that they're moving to a format where they each do two a month individually and then do two gaming livestreams a month. It'll vary up their schedules and tbh if it keeps them engaged in doing the streams, I'm okay with it.
hello9217
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:40 pm
- Dan talking about youtube rewind... so basically his whole rant was completely counterpoint to everything Emma said (about diversity, etc). Ah, that was really fun to hear. But he did essentially confirm that they got special treatment; they didn't have a lot to do, just had to show up and run away from the crowd and then sit on a wall. I definitely think that either they turned down the first offer from youtube because they didn't like the terms (doing slime related stuff, filming with the whole group for long hours) or else youtube offered them special treatment from the getgo just to absolutely ensure that they got that prized giffable moment.
Oh I took it as more they said they weren't going to do it and then youtube said they would make it really easy on them in order to make dan and phil more willing to show up. Like I'm pretty sure dan and phil probably generate the most gifs and if thats what youtube wants then I'm sure they would find some way to bring deppy on.