Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
nerdysporks
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her or they/them

So Dan being /seriously/ sick in that video reminded me that it might be a reason Phil was sleeping in "Phil's room." He just doesn't want to get sick.

Edit: I didn't anticipate this super short post being at the top of the page rip
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

i really really loved the new video! i felt sorry for hoarse dan, especially when phil said "boob king" and could not get "a watched pot never boils". lol. :garbage:

sad that my slim hopes of a festive ditl have been thoroughly stomped into the ground :wahh: :sadgarbage:

i also felt a bit shook/satisfied when they jointly said the phrase "Dan and Phil versus the world", because that's literally the exact title of a 12k phanfic i wrote and posted last year. of course it was a coincidence but it was v cute to hear. :D
snokoplasmic
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

upon a rewatch i noticed phil saying that if the music was "90s pop or indie rock" he can do it, and i have never been more curious on the specific songs/artists he likes
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

snokoplasmic wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:17 am upon a rewatch i noticed phil saying that if the music was "90s pop or indie rock" he can do it, and i have never been more curious on the specific songs/artists he likes
He played an entire mix tape of his from when he was in school on the radio show, it was so fun to get to listen to the songs that were specifically nostalgic to him. I'd love it if he did an updated playlist, but given the 90s pop comment I'd say that one probably still stands as something he'd list as a current interest.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

That video was great! Very much hoping for some thread names to come from it.
The "a watched pot never boils" part and "boob king" were some of my faves. This video is definitely one of the best of gamingmas this year (so far), possible even... the best one yet?
It's so satisfying watching Dan no longer be able to scream hysterically. (not that his loss of voice stopped him from trying)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

i loved the video today, and pretty much everyone has voiced how i feel on here (also i am sad about ditl but what can you do i guess..)

however, i found this editing mistake really funny. like guys, come on covering up the gameplay completely with your camera's footage is probably the easiest thing to do in final cut lol
parallel
phabergé

phil calling dan's low voice sexy :)

also yes. this was good. and funny. boob king was good. i would love another charades vid tbh and usually i don't like them just doing multiple videos of something bc, as dan put it, it's scraping the bottom of the barrel, but honestly i wouldn't even mind. good shit.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That "sexy" remark still has me floored. So calm, so casual, and Dan's response was so nonplussed. This is the post-baking universe dream, where we get remarks like that and yeah it's giffed and talked about a bit but it's not earth shattering to anyone.

While I watched the game I was actually impressed at how many they managed to get right - which probably says more about how I've never played Charades before in my life than anything else. I'm not sure I'd have gotten a single one of those.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

That video? A Mood. A blessing. Like what did we do to deserve these two nerds. I’m definitely going to rewatch it more than once. It’s adorable and that SAP video gave me flashbacks to when I first discovered Deppy omg.
:transheart:
alien
procrastinator

sugar wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:18 am
i also definitely prefer ornaments with more sentimental meaning. every ornament on the tree at both my mom and dads house is unique and different ad has it's own story. i know a lot of people think having a bunch of matching sphere ornaments looks classy but it's boring to me. :shrug:
I disagree completely with your opinion on real vs fake trees but I completely agree with you on ornaments! I do, however, find their tree really lovely but definitely what I liked most was spotting the old ornaments and tree topper.

Anyway onto the new video. I loved it. It will be one I rewatch often because I have such a weird love for people's voices when they're sick. It's an...intense love. Also here are some random timestamps
1:42-1:45 Dan looking at Phil’s eyes then lips then back up again. (I mean what?)
2:06-2:13 “Are we the same person?”
3:00-3:05 Dan acting out terminator tapping his chest then flexing. Phil: “Dan? Bodybuilder? Anti-Dan?” (Idk Phil he may not be a bodybuilder but yoga sure is doing him pretty good imo)
3:12-3:20 Dan is honestly terrible at acting out charades lol.
3:58 “Netflix and Phil”
4:58-5:07 Dan tries his vocal range. (he can actually go pretty low)
5:11-5:15 after Dan speaking in a low voice, phil: “That’s quite sexy you should do the phone line.”
5:20 picking which category to do next Dan roasts Phil “You don’t know any fucking books - we’re not doing that.”
5:43-6:07 Now it’s Phil’s turn to be terrible but then they actually get it pretty quickly.
6:39 Dan:“What the fuck is Agadoo?” Phil: immediately starts singing.
7:40 Dan choking Phil is always fun to see lol
8:18 the phrase is “Scraping the bottom of the barrel” Dan: “It’s DanAndPhilGames”
9:29 Dan’s reaction to Phil’s “Scrape my bottom” is hilarious
10:01 The cutest lil Phil face I’ve ever seen but it was cut way too short.
10:20-10:40 Phil gets excited telling a story about his childhood - Dan thinks he’s making it up lol
tyhane
delia smith

That was a great video, def another addition to my loves from this year's gamingmas. They were both a bit shit tbh, yet they actually managed to get quite a few? Their psychic mind connection in action I guess.

Nowadays, them making sexual jokes, innuendos, male attraction mentions, etc. doesn't even phase me. (Even for Phil... these past few months has been a wild ride for him. :lol: ) But I'm still not completely used to them making them in direct relation to each other. Looking back on the "iconic" you-wanna-do-it-more moment from 2015, I think one of the main reason it stuck out was that Phil was just saying it to/at Dan - wasn't even looking at the camera, kept staring at him while he was thinking of a response. Phil saying Dan's voice sounded sexy was still jarring to me, even at this point in time. (I do realize he was making a joke and didn't just straight-up say "damn Dan your voice is sexy" or anything lmao, but it still stands.)

I wonder if Dan's voice will be well enough for a proper gaming video for tomorrow. I'm not sure if he lost his voice from a sickness or what, but every time I have, it's taken a few days to come back. I'd understand if they took a day or two off as I can't think of much else they could do with one of them incapacitated. (I would love to see a solo Phil video but I don't know if they'd do that.)
fancybum
senpai

:dogue: Dan and Misc Watch 2017 :haru:
FESTIVE LESTER (Dec 14, 2017)

Prompted Dan Mention
8:13 (chat) Dan coughed in the background
“Yeah, that’s a thing. Remember in our last gaming video, if you watched it, Dan we said was maybe going through puberty again? Turns out, Dan has no voice now. So that’s a thing.”
8:34 “So he’s currently editing a very unusual gaming video, which we filmed with Dan having no voice”
“But yeah, he’s not well in the voice. Just completely gone.”
(chat) Does he squeak like a rat?
“I think that’s what’s happened, he’s actually transforming into a rat.”

14:05 (chat) Shoutout to Dan’s cough
“I should get a gas mask so I don’t have to breathe near him”

20:05 (chat) We should’ve seen Dan’s skirt
“Yeah, didn’t actually go full uniform just because that part wasn’t on camera. So we were only uniformed up from the midsection up. The skirt was also this small, I don’t think it would have gone round his leg, let alone round his waist, but that would’ve been very funny.”

26:05 “[chat] wants to make a Dan’s Cough groupchat”

40:00 (chat) You and Dan make me really happy
“Thanks Elizabeth! That made me happy as well”
Unprompted Dan Mention
Neutral Dan Mention
0:36 (chat) Your tree looks so pretty
“I know, it’s a real tree! Look at that! It actually grew and now it’s in our house. Which still is slightly weird to me, there’s an actual tree just in our house”
1:04 “But yeah, first real tree of my life that I’ve owned”

01:50 “So first story of the day is I was looking for a tree- lazy Dan and Phil, what are we gonna do, are we gonna go out to some kind of tree park and get a tree and drag it down the street and up the stairs- no, I wanted to find one you could buy off the internet.”
2:10 “The only website that would deliver it next day had a weird option for delivery, [which was “person/probable-man in a kilt”]. I was like, firstly, do I want a man in a kilt to come deliver my tree? That’s weird. And I was getting all of this anxiety about it, because I was gonna be home alone on the day when the tree was coming.”
“I was asking my friends what kind of smalltalk I could make about the kilt”
3:00 “So my tactic was gonna be, ‘Do you like wearing the kilt?’ That was gonna be my opener.”
[also anxious about logistics of getting tree up the stairs: would he need to help the bekilted man with it?]
“Not only that, but you could track him on the map” so Phil watched and waited in terror until the man arrived
3:50 “I open the door—my hand is almost shaking because I’m so awkward about this kilt situation—he wasn’t wearing a kilt.”
“I was like a mixture of relieved and outraged. He was just wearing jeans, a jumper, and a Santa hat. I mean, the Santa hat was nice, that was a good touch. But I paid for a goddamn kilt! And even though I didn’t want it to happen, I wanted it to happen.”
-too British to complain/inquire about false advertising lmao. If you've already done the weird thing and ordered a kilt man, may as well get what you paid for. They're the weird ones for not delivering on their questionable gimmick tbh

5:45 (about SW premiere) “I got all glitzed up. The whole outfit was based on these shoes, which are the coolest thing ever, in my opinion. Golden cube shoes.”
“I actually wanted to wear a gold bowtie as well, but it didn’t arrive, so I went with a black bowtie that I borrowed off Dan. But still. I was happy with how I looked.”

6:21 “And they had stormtroopers, and Dan was coordinating with a stormtrooper as well, which was really funny. So when they had all the stormtroopers, we were like ‘we need to get a photo of Dan with the stormtroopers’”

15:10 “PJ and Sophie came and played Atmosfear at our house as well, which is an old 90s boardgame”
-my parents still have this in their basement, but the VHS tape doesn’t fit in the dvd slot, rude

16:00 “[also played a later version of the game, where the witch] called us all different animals. Called me the ‘old sow’, PJ was a wart, Sophie was a toad, and Dan was the rat.”

17:55 “If you haven’t been tuned in this year to danandphilgames” do it for gamingmas

23:30 (at Winter Wonderland) “We went on a big wheel. And I’m usually a bit nervous of big wheels because of my brother, because whenever I go on a ferris wheel, my brother wants to shake the thing. So I’m used to being terrified that I’m gonna die. Thankfully PJ and Sophie and Dan didn’t wanna kill us, so it was cool, we got to see all of London from the top of this ferris wheel. It was really nice.”

32:25 “Lots of people didn’t like [this year’s YT Rewind]. I’ve seen more people not liking it. I liked avoiding the lava. Though we almost fell off that wall, that was pretty scary, ‘cause there was nothing behind us, and Dan [flailed too hard for effect], totally almost fell backwards off it.”
-he also said his and Dan's part still took like 3-4 hours to film, so who's more full of it, Phil or Emma Blackery? maybe just split the difference and say it took 2hrs because honestly they're both untrustworthy in their own ways (and I love only one of them for it)

35:00 (after an amazing story I’m not typing out, but will cherish) “But it was weird, why do I attract people that just want to talk to me? That would not have happened to Dan.”

36:30 “danandphiltour.com. We’re going all over the world.”
Miscellaneous
9:20 (about top fans) “I will hang you all from the Christmas tree. In a festive lovely way, not in a disturbing way, that came out weirdly.”

10:42 “Loads of people are asking me about net neutrality. Obviously I want everyone to keep net neutrality in America, because then you’ll be able to watch my liveshows, and you’ll be able to go on twitter without having to pay extra”
“I’m not, obviously, fully educated on this, but I know it’s something that shouldn’t happen to the internet and the internet should be a thing that everyone can use without it being cordoned off.”
11:25 “But I can’t see that happening to the entirety of America, someone’s going to see sense.”
-ok but how many times has that been said literally all year, and yet

25:05 (chat) Are you gonna do a festive ditl?
“I don’t think that’s gonna happen this year. I mean— did we ever say we were gonna do it? I don’t think we did. There is a festive ditl if you want to go back and watch one. But I like the ditl’s to all have different themes, so we’ve already done that one.”
“There’s just not much time. I don’t have much time left in London to make one.”
-not like you had all year or anything

25:33 “I felt like the dogs video was also a ditl in a way, ‘cause it was a ditl, except for waking up, but we spent a lot of time in the dogs room vlogging. And don’t really vlog that much, so that felt to me like a really fun vloggy video. So that counted as that for me.”
-concept: this is the ditl bridge year in order to cut out expectation of a waking up scene (even though Phil's the only one thinking it's a requirement). dog calendar shoot counts as a ditl? even though it’s not within the format? okay, sold. so now let’s find a happy medium between this and actual non-commercial domesticity (a true ditl, or as close as we’ll ever get) without the needlessly faux-intimate intro of ‘here I am yawning awake in bed, oh and here’s my shirtless companion also yawning awake in his bed (how lucky his hair is camera-ready), what fortunate timing’. Nah just start this shit 2/5 of the way through. we don’t need 2 boring minutes of cringe yawning and stretching when there are BANTS TO BE HAD and COAT TAILS TO PULL etc. I’ll take this offering of adorable dogs and your dumbass lunch review as long as we’re back on track for a proper ditl next year you fucking annoying bastards, and leave hotel rooms out of it, thanks in advance

25:50 (chat) holiday baking
“Uh, we’ve just done some baking, so I dunno. Anyway! There’s lots of gaming videos on the way that you’re gonna enjoy, so the content is flowing, guys, don’t worry.”
-Phil to English translation: shut the fuck up, literally all you’re getting from me is gaming videos for the rest of this year and you’ll fucking like it, get off my ass it’s Christmas

40:35 “It’s my final liveshow of the year, as well, so thank you everyone. I know a lot of you have come to every one this year, so I know that’s a lot of time out of your life just to watch me chatting about nothing.”
-let’s not add it up or think about where that time could have gone, shhh
:whiskers: Phinal Tally: said ‘Dan’ 18 times :whiskers:
~18/43 mins = 0.41 per min

Please disregard any bitterness earlier in this post as I hadn’t yet watched Charades but now I have and life is suddenly worth living, clear crops, watered skin, etc. Scrape my bottom :rofl:

They can play google feud for the next 10 days, I don’t care. This video wins gamingmas. Fuck gamingmas, IT WINS ART. We need another round where Phil acts things out omg, Dan can just write out his guesses.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

fancybum wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:56 am 25:33 “I felt like the dogs video was also a ditl in a way, ‘cause it was a ditl, except for waking up, but we spent a lot of time in the dogs room vlogging. And don’t really vlog that much, so that felt to me like a really fun vloggy video. So that counted as that for me.”
-concept: this is the ditl bridge year in order to cut out expectation of a waking up scene (even though Phil's the only one thinking it's a requirement). dog calendar shoot counts as a ditl? even though it’s not within the format? okay, sold. so now let’s find a happy medium between this and actual non-commercial domesticity (a true ditl, or as close as we’ll ever get) without the needlessly faux-intimate intro of ‘here I am yawning awake in bed, oh and here’s my shirtless companion also yawning awake in his bed (how lucky his hair is camera-ready), what fortunate timing’. Nah just start this shit 2/5 of the way through. we don’t need 2 boring minutes of cringe yawning and stretching when there are BANTS TO BE HAD and COAT TAILS TO PULL etc. I’ll take this offering of adorable dogs and your dumbass lunch review as long as we’re back on track for a proper ditl next year you fucking annoying bastards, and leave hotel rooms out of it, thanks in advance

Once you bolded it, I found it interesting that he thinks ~a waking up scene~ is what makes a ditl. Does he think that, by not including it, he'll 'cause a tizzy in the phandom? Because they've certainly done worse at this point. And it can't be because he thinks he needs to cover the whole day, because we don't see them going to bed in any of 'em. I'd be perfectly satisfied seeing a ditl open on a plate of pancakes tyvm.

Phil, bb, nobody's complaining if a ditl doesn't have you knocking on Dan's door.

So, now that that's established, I expect a surprise!ditl or pokémon go video in 2017.
OhItsElliott
drama llama
Pronouns: He/him

Unpopular opinion I guess: I thought the charades video was just... alright? There were definitely some funny moments like the sexy voice comment and dan's reaction to butt scraping but something about it was just eh for me :shrug: I've actually really been enjoying the past week or so and it is nice to see that they are seeming more natural and relaxed on camera. This one just wasn't a 10/10 for me. I think part of it was dan forcing himself to talk which actually hurt my throat a bit just listening to him (which is funny because I'm one of those odd people that doesn't really mind his screaming) so I couldn't stop thinking "geez, let that boy rest". Also dan doing the same hand motions over and over again just expecting phil to get it then phil's completely all over the place guessing sort of annoyed me tonight :oops: (again, weird because I usually find the way phil's brain works fascinating).

I don't know, sorry this is so negative. In all honesty, it's probably just that I've had an exceptionally shit day and was saving this plus the ls to watch tonight as a way to feel better so it's probably my own fault for putting too high an expectation on it and my general sour mood. I'll probably rewatch in a few days and think it's way better but tonight, charades was just sort of ok for me. Glad dan had the self-awareness that this concept on the gaming channel was bottom of the barrel though, that gave me a little lol.

The christmas decor in phil's ls, however, was great. I needed that xmas cheer! Loved the story about the tree delivery and his being genuinely a bit upset about the guy not wearing a kilt - I probably would have been too. Also him describing the social anxiety around the whole tree delivery was so relateable, I loathe having strangers come into my home and it's even sometimes uncomfortable when my parents or friends visit. Disappointed about his justification for no ditl this year though... I guess it's not much of a shock given we did get the dog video. I'd also like to note I appreciated his mini christmas candle haul so much! :epictree: Very festive, I enjoyed.

Another little thing about the charades vid that bothered me under spoiler because it's negative and almost certainly entirely my own issue/ I'm being overly sensitive
So I'm seeing a lot of people going "boob king" LOL!!! and... idk, that just rubbed me the wrong way I guess :roll: I mean, I see why it was funny in that moment because how could phil not get queen but at the same time it irks me. Some guys have boobs, get over it. Maybe that concept doesn't have to be hilarious? I'm probably the only one kinda bothered by that and that's fine, like I said it's likely just me being overly sensitive and as mentioned above, I've had an awful day so maybe just blame this whole rant on that.
Apologies for the negativity again and sorry if this comes across as a ridiculous criticism. Just wanted to share in case anyone else was even minutely bothered by it.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

OhItsElliott wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:42 am Another little thing about the charades vid that bothered me under spoiler because it's negative and almost certainly entirely my own issue/ I'm being overly sensitive
So I'm seeing a lot of people going "boob king" LOL!!! and... idk, that just rubbed me the wrong way I guess :roll: I mean, I see why it was funny in that moment because how could phil not get queen but at the same time it irks me. Some guys have boobs, get over it. Maybe that concept doesn't have to be hilarious? I'm probably the only one kinda bothered by that and that's fine, like I said it's likely just me being overly sensitive and as mentioned above, I've had an awful day so maybe just blame this whole rant on that.
Apologies for the negativity again and sorry if this comes across as a ridiculous criticism. Just wanted to share in case anyone else was even minutely bothered by it.
I think the hilarity is really more to do with the ridiculousness of "boob king" being an actual charades answer rather than it being an inherently funny concept, you know?
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

i'm exhausted after a long day at work but for the sake of continuity, the charades video was a solid 9/10, quality content indeed. although, my throat now feels sore in sympathy, poor dan.

their christmas tree looks lovely in my opinion, and phil's liveshow was wonderful (his disappointment at the lack of kilt on the delivery man was hilarious, i enjoyed hearing him chat about his festive adventure with pj, sophie and dan, and the story about he and bryony bumping into the weird man while buying alcohol was brilliant. also, i appreciated phil saying it's good that women are having men fired - presumably a reference to the aftermath of the weinstein exposé. i'm wary of giving dan and phil too much credit for minor acts of social justice after the whole pewdiepie thing, but i appreciated it all the same).
OhItsElliott wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:42 am
Another little thing about the charades vid that bothered me under spoiler because it's negative and almost certainly entirely my own issue/ I'm being overly sensitive
totally valid/understandable reaction, and i'm not here to police how you react to things dnp say, but if it makes you feel any better at all i didn't actually picture that to mean 'a king with boobs', but rather 'the king of boobs', which is a ridiculous image. and also, boobs is just kind of a hilarious word, and came out of nowhere, which I think is what made it so funny.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

^i also interpreted it as King of Boobs, and found it funny because it seems so opposite of them (i mean obviously i have no idea, maybe they're swingers and feeling up boobs all the time. lol). the other interpretation didn't occur to me till reading here.

so behind on commenting but, bean boozled, chopstick, skyrim VR and charades have been my favourite run of videos thus far! unpredictable, and witty banter. i'm enjoying them enjoying genuinely themselves so, so much. if shorter videos and not always traditional video games are keeping them into it, i would have no qualms about the gaming channel branching out like that.

phil saying dan's voice was sexy was really touching. obviously dan being sick isn't (he was great and funny, they could've skipped a day and we would've understood), but dan has said phil's sick voice is husky and sensual in past years so i feel like they came full circle and i wasn't expecting that from phil. aw, guys.

edit: i also really liked dan guiding phil in skyrim, that's another element i wouldn't mind more of; only one playing a game or introducing the other to it (when it's not multiplayer. so like they did in Shelter 2). it's just really nice seeing them geek out about things they like, and wanting the other to enjoy it too, as the audience ends up being in the position of that person (in this case, Phil) and goes on the ride as well.

edit 2: i think i've just had an epiphany and the above wish is because i like seeing them work together, not compete, a lot. (competition is also fun, just not all the time).
art in avatar by lily
annabanana
sofa crease

Charades was definitely my favorite gamingmas video so far. I think I have already watched it about 5 times. :lol: I also noticed that the title of the video Dan Lost His Voice So We're Playing Charades is different than every other one on the channel...no caps or catchy phrases. Just thought that was interesting.

Also wanted to share some cute screenshots of Phil from around 10:01 where he goes to make some odd gesture with his hands and ends up just looking adorable.
Image Image
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
blackdenim
procrastinator

Poor Dan, it's no fun being sick, and fair play to them for making a decent video anyway - I thought it was hilarious even if Dan did seem (understandably) a little grumpy to me (I was surprised when he said to Phil essentially 'you don't know any books, you're uncultured' because that felt a little harsh!).

I know weight is always a touchy subject on here, and I didn't think he looked bad before or needed to lose weight or anything before but over the last couple of videos he's suddenly looking a lot trimmer and it really suits him. Gonna need the name of those yoga apps you're using, Danny.

I also enjoyed their obvious allusion to what the VR controllers looked like in the Skyrim vid. Honestly, who pitched that design :lol:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

annabanana wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:16 pm Image Image
quoting this out of spoilers before i go to bed because, yes! i timestamped this moment too. we're getting to see more sides of phil all the time lately and it's really, really lovely.
fancybum wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:56 am 25:33 “I felt like the dogs video was also a ditl in a way, ‘cause it was a ditl, except for waking up, but we spent a lot of time in the dogs room vlogging. And don’t really vlog that much, so that felt to me like a really fun vloggy video. So that counted as that for me.”
-concept: this is the ditl bridge year in order to cut out expectation of a waking up scene (even though Phil's the only one thinking it's a requirement).
do 2014 and 2015 count as waking up scenes? 2014 Phil showed Dan already in the lounge room (he could've woken up with Dan already having left the bed, i feel like that was an allowance toward ambiguity setting it apart from recent years, but still leaning towards separate). 2015 they removed it entirely, probably because they were sharing a room in Japan so the problem was negated. 2016 in Australia i felt was a step backwards, we regressed. not in that i don't believe it's possible they slept separately, but they knew what that would look like, they knew they didn't have to address hotel rooms at all from the success of the previous year in Japan, but still chose to.

i do think we'll get one earlier in the year in 2018, perhaps the first 6 months. so it'll be interesting to see.
art in avatar by lily
fancybum
senpai

mermaid blood wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:23 pm do 2014 and 2015 count as waking up scenes? 2014 Phil showed Dan already in the lounge room (he could've woken up with Dan already having left the bed, i feel like that was an allowance toward ambiguity setting it apart from recent years, but still leaning towards separate). 2015 they removed it entirely, probably because they were sharing a room in Japan so the problem was negated. 2016 in Australia i felt was a step backwards, we regressed. not in that i don't believe it's possible they slept separately, but they knew what that would look like, they knew they didn't have to address hotel rooms at all from the success of the previous year in Japan, but still chose to.

i do think we'll get one earlier in the year in 2018, perhaps the first 6 months. so it'll be interesting to see.
2014 counts as a 'waking up scene' because Phil's in bed (at home!) and says he's just woken up with a fake yawn voice, and I'm saying that in itself is unnecessary, because he did not just wake up and we all know it. He does just find Dan in the lounge though rather than fetching him from his bed so yes, that's better. But that's the last non-event ditl, the ones after are basically travel vlogs- which is great! I love them- but I want a 'this is what we're doing throughout a (mostly) normal day' ditl again. Like they can pick a theme still, but I want to see them doing normal life things at home. But now having phrased it like that I realize that's probably never happening again, what with their (slight) separation of home/work space and maybe the Sleepless Nights are as close as we'll ever get to mild home vlogs again. Gah. And just hanging around the house could feel like a step down from the past few years, but that's what I personally want. I want to go back but also forward, and get a ditl like they used to do, but updated for who they are now. Which I guess is exactly what they've been giving us, just while travelling instead of at home.

If they do another one early in 2018, maybe they could do a ditl: Preparing for Tour! It has built in spon, how could Phil resist? I don't know what that would entail, but whatever, as long as they're at home for some of it (..packing? visit the irl office..?). Hm, turns out picking a theme is hard. OR another secret year-ish long vlog like Dan's making of tabinof video (which was an event-based video - we wrote a book! watch us do it! - but still chock full of quiet domesticity together which is really all I'm looking for).
rizzo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:49 am Once you bolded it, I found it interesting that he thinks ~a waking up scene~ is what makes a ditl. Does he think that, by not including it, he'll 'cause a tizzy in the phandom? Because they've certainly done worse at this point. And it can't be because he thinks he needs to cover the whole day, because we don't see them going to bed in any of 'em. I'd be perfectly satisfied seeing a ditl open on a plate of pancakes tyvm.

Phil, bb, nobody's complaining if a ditl doesn't have you knocking on Dan's door.

So, now that that's established, I expect a surprise!ditl or pokémon go video in 2017.
Well now I've realized I want to see them go to bed in one. Obviously not together, but like, 3am rolls around and Phil films Dan playing GW or whatever and is like 'well that's it for me then' and goes to brush his teeth, barely keeping his eyes open, mumbling to the camera all the while.
"Give the people what they want" Well I want to watch hours-long videos of them making toast and folding laundry in absolute silence! Where is my fanservice??
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
hello9217
flower crown

I think it's funny that he qualified not having a ditl this year by saying the dog video was basically one. If you go back to his liveshow before the dog calendar was released and he was in the middle of shooting it he said something like "I filmed some bits...don't know what I'm going to do with them yet...it's not like a day in the life" this isn't a direct quote but this was the main gist of it. But the most important part was that he said "not like a day in the life."
I think what happened is that he saw a lot of people on twitter and Tumblr asking for one, especially a festive one, and so he just was like the dog one is now the ditl. This is why I think he said "I don't remember me and Dan saying we would do one" or something like that in regards to being asked if there is going to be another festive ditl since he was probably wondering why so many people thought they would.
I get why they didn't do one this year though-Singapore was a private trip just for them, Florida was a family vacation, and Barcelona was a two day work event. If anything Barcelona would have made the most since, like Australia was part of the tour so it too was like a "work thing" but whatever. Plus it seems they really don't want to film at their place anymore than they have to. Like people found their last apartment because they showed too much of it in the London ditl and right now it seems like no one has found their address yet. So yes it does hurt but it's understandable.
nightphil
first-time poster

cat boiiii :stan: slay
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The charades video was maybe the funniest thing they've uploaded this entire year, it was brilliant and I couldn't stop laughing. Despite being sick Dan was still surprisingly witty and just the right amount of snarky, while Phil is continuing his streak of being the shining star of gamingmas by being naturally hilarious and trolling Dan a bit.

Didn't watch the liveshow because watching my new cat's every move is more important but boo @ no DITL and trying to pass off the dog video as one.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr