Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
dancy
procrastinator

Loafer wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:12 am
I don’t find Dan’s yelling irritating at all, only because it’s always just a dramatic reaction to something frustrating or whatever that happened. It’s emotive, and it actually keeps me engaged and like, tuned into them? If he was yelling just for no reason or at ever little thing, then yes I would be annoyed, but it feels more like a dramatized version of a real reaction and it doesn’t bother me at all. Usually it makes me laugh. What DOES annoy me is the fake gloating, like boy I know you don’t actually care this much. Honestly, 9/10 times I get more annoyed at Phil, especially during the overcooked and fb&lg streams. Him not thinking or seemingly not paying attention to what’s going on always drives me crazy, idk if he’s just trying to be funny or if he loses all focus when there’s a live audience or what but I do get genuinely irritated with him.
I can definitely relate to this! Dan's screaming has never bothered me (I tend to scream as well when playing games tbh) and I'm actually still hoping they're gonna play Getting Over It (a popular rage game rn) for Gamingmas. I can see why his yelling could be annoying or uncomfortable for others though.

And I find myself actually being a bit annoyed with Phil during gaming livestreams too, whether it's him not paying attention, forgetting how the controls work or not "following Dan's orders" (like telling him to cut an onion or whatever). However, I understand these kinda games are stressful and that having a live audience can make things more difficult (I tend to play worse as well if people are watching me).
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

please vote for part 63 thread name asap, thank you!

this might be our best one yet... :ribena: :twisted:
art in avatar by lily
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

lionheart wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:55 am As much as I love Phil, did anybody get a little annoyed when he was like 'we have to stop! we have to stop!' just as Dan was getting close to beating Sans?! Like, are ya freaking serious Phil??? That would have been lame as hell
i mean, phil had no clue had close dan was to finishing it and i have no doubt they'd been filming for an insane amount of time already
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

snokoplasmic wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:33 am
lionheart wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:55 am As much as I love Phil, did anybody get a little annoyed when he was like 'we have to stop! we have to stop!' just as Dan was getting close to beating Sans?! Like, are ya freaking serious Phil??? That would have been lame as hell
i mean, phil had no clue had close dan was to finishing it and i have no doubt they'd been filming for an insane amount of time already
Yeah - based on this tweet from Dan it looks like it took Dan at least an hour and a half, if I were Phil I'd have been nudging him towards giving up too.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, what a glorious lot of titles to choose from for the next thread :ribena:

I loved seeing the Sans boss fight, I’d been curious what it and the genocide run was like. Loved Phil having a go and insta-dying. I can’t fathom the patience Dan has for repeating those things, I guess he just loves it enough. Then again, boy does swear and almost fight the chair quite easily too :roll: I can relate, I spent a week finishing the Guild Wars 2 story before the new expansion and was shouting “ffs, come on, woman!” at my character. Tip - don’t go down a volcano at 10pm and if you get stuck, walkthroughs are your friend (also just walking away).

I can’t remember for sure which videos I haven’t commented on here lately, sleep, thinking and remembering have been a bit screwy, but I loved Dan’s liveshow, apart from his commitment to the word old in describing people who don’t get youtube. His longer-than-usual hat was like an old nightcap, I was reminded of the character Wee Willie Winkie. He just looked so cosy and cute by the tree in the hat and jumper, loved the jumper. Is it so offensive to his branding that it’s going straight to the charity shop now? One-wear wonder? He looked great in it, so big and cuddly.
sparkle
blobfish

re: Dan yelling

I watched the Undertale video last night on my Xbox on my parents TV when mum had gone to bed, and my dad came home from work about 15 minutes into it - so I was watching it at about 11pm. The volume was on about 15 which isnt super loud, its what I normally have it on late at night when I'm on my Xbox. Dad told me to turn it down because Dan was yelling too loud; I put it on 10 and he still said he was too loud :lol:

I dont mind Dan yelling, I've been known to swear very, very colourfully and get way louder than I normally am when playing video games; especially Undertale, Overcooked, Mario Kart, Zelda (particularly ReDeads and Stalfos, fuck ReDeads especially they are my least favourite enemy of all time) etc. But I mind the context; screaming during a boss battle or particularly hard enemy or during a co-op game is literally my way of diffusing tension. If Dan is just screaming for the sake of it, then it annoys me.

re: Dream Daddy

maybe thats going to grace us on the 24th? :garbage:

re: Gaming in general.

I really, really, really, REALLY want them to play L.A. Noire. Like I want them to play more Bethesda and Rockstar games in general but I just bough the remastered Xbox One L.A. Noire because its one of my favourite games of all time and I wanted to play it again. Dan (as in NerdCubed Dan) played one of the L.A. Noire DLCs on his channel way back in 2012 and I'd love for D&P to do something similar with the remaster. I think its a game that would lend itself really well to either one video (do one case) or a series. Especially because its a nice mix of driving/action combined with interrogations that I would really like to see them tackle.

I love video games, heck the only YouTuber I support on patreon is NerdCubed, and I particularly love Rockstar games but this is one that I think they could pull off and show off. Especially because the game play is fairly unique IMO. I do wish they'd play more 'game' games and less mobile and flash games; and this is one that I think would work well because of how unique it is.

I also wish for them to play SpyParty - it would be great as a Dan V Phil, in much the same way Golf With Friends is great. (and my obligatory request for Phil to play Fallout 4 as Nate and romance Paladin Danse)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

sparkle wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:55 pm re: Dream Daddy

maybe thats going to grace us on the 24th? :garbage:
Five and a half hours of dating daddies to save my Christmas Eve? Yes please :stan:

(Btw glad to see you back, sparkle! I noticed you were absent for a while)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I finally made it through the first episode of Dream Daddy without falling asleep and it's pretty entertaining. I do hope we get some closure on it- even just 1 more video would be nice.
kavat
pastel persona

I also wish they would continue Dream Daddy, or start a new series. The reason I love the Sims and Undertale videos so much is because they are so calming and nice. After a stressful or anxious day I like to put on a playlist of this videos and just listen to them talk. I love the funny and more stressful videos as well but the calm and talk-heavy videos have a special place in my heart.
JustMarie
drama llama

Re: Dream Daddy
Am I the only who doesn't want them to continue it? I mean, I don't want them to play a game they're clearly not interested in. The video will turned out pretty boring, not only because of too much dialogue but also because of their attitude (I think there's a better word for it but idk) towards it.

Or maybe it's just because I don't like the game :lol:
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

JustMarie wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:13 pm Re: Dream Daddy
Am I the only who doesn't want them to continue it? I mean, I don't want them to play a game they're clearly not interested in. The video will turned out pretty boring, not only because of too much dialogue but also because of their attitude (I think there's a better word for it but idk) towards it.

God, no. I mean they obviously will do what they want it's their channel, and by the looks of it it gets commented in every single gamingmas video, but no it bores me to death. I don't like dating simulators in general unless I'm the one playing it (with the exception of Doki Doki Literature Club but... that's for other reasons.)
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
mm_sunny1993
spork

JustMarie wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:13 pm Re: Dream Daddy

Completely agree with you. They don't seem interested and i thought the videos were quite boring and not really entertaining.
I probably wouldn't watch the video if they played it again but that's just my opinion.

Re: undertale: i enjoyed it even though i haven't watched anyone play the genocide route soo it was a bit weird to just watch the end-fight... I couldn't have sit there for 1 and a half hours and do the same thing over and over again soo respect for dan :thumb:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Just putting this here as Dan jumped on the meme bandwagon. As you were. :shrug:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
liola
rankussy

I also don't really care about dream daddy anymore. I was curious at first, and excited like most to see them play a game based on mlm relationships, but it's obvious they're not into it and once you know how the dates go imo it's not that entertaining. I wouldn't necessarily hate a wrap up video but I sure hope it won't be the finale of this year gamingmas. I guess we'll see!

I'm about to go see Star Wars so I sure hope to find a video when I'm back home, they were pretty early yesterday so fingers crossed
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
DatCog
blobfish

I thought the last Dream Daddy was actually really good but I won't be too bothered if they decide to ditch it as there's no point if they're not into it. I will be sad if we don't get a festive Golf video though...only 5 days left and one of those will probably be another Sims!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie