Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

mermaid blood wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:28 ami've been saying this with (almost) every new video, but today's is my favourite so far of gamingmas! not a huge amount going on, really, but all the ingredients i love - when it feels more like you're just in the room watching friends play a video game next to you. watching their faces watch the other one play and giving them tips/razzing them was soothing. full body gives a different viewing experience, too.
This is definitely the gold standard of gaming videos imo; it definitely drives home for me that I don't care what they're playing, it can be the stupidest flash game in the world or watching them pour a virtual slushie but if it has that feeling to it then I'm there.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Dan's live show was enjoyable and just very pleasant to watch.

The gaming vid was great. I :rofl: so hard when Dan hit Phil in the face, and then again when Phil fell on the presents.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:20 am
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:40 pm - My liveshow theory: that they're moving to a format where they each do two a month individually and then do two gaming livestreams a month. It'll vary up their schedules and tbh if it keeps them engaged in doing the streams, I'm okay with it.
If they wanna keep the gaming streams so regular, I really hope they sort them out though. I know that I say this all the time, but they quality isn't quite there yet, and I still disagree with a gaming stream being a live recording/replacement of a normal Let's Play.
(I meant to respond to this in my post earlier and forgot, just realized I still had the page open to quote.)

I agree with you that if they plan on gaming streams being a constant, they need to sort some things out. They need to replay games to some extent to make sure that their internet can handle it, they maybe need to make sure the directions are in a language they can read, they need to sort out who is using what hotspot and for what before they're live, and they need to come up with a regular rotation of games that they actually don't hate playing. (The one thing I'll say will probably come with more practice are the issues with endcards being up when they shouldn't and them being maximized over gameplay, I think those are the sort of mistakes that only time and familiarity with streaming will make better.)
sparkle
blobfish

Piggybacking on above, I wish they'd do longer streams of games they actually enjoy. I'm always holding out for Phil to play Fallout and thats a pretty great game to watch someone play. Even crafting would be entertaining with two of them. I've just started playing Stardew Valley with my girlfriend and that would be a great game for them to stream too for similar reasons. Or even trying to Time Trial something like Mirrors Edge and having it be a Dan v Phil on the live stream.

also I would love to see Dan specifically play Clustertruck. Although it might trigger an aneurysm.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
lioma91
not a first-time poster

i wanna see dan scream at 'getting over it' and lose his voice again
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

lilabet wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:46 pm
All this tweet did was get me to look at the Faberge site and find out that rich people will spend a lot of money on tiny shiny eggs.
https://www.faberge.com/jewellery/egg-p ... ndant-1787
https://www.faberge.com/jewellery/egg-p ... endant-363
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
lilabet
philussy

onceinaugust wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:49 pm
All this tweet did was get me to look at the Faberge site and find out that rich people will spend a lot of money on tiny shiny eggs.
Now I’ve looked at it I’m appalled. Not at Phil at rich people. Usually I think the money at least goes to a business etc but these businesses are rich enough.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
nerdysporks
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her or they/them

So I was just wondering if people actually found Dan's screaming annoying. Like I know the phandom makes a lot of jokes and calls him rat and stuff but I always thought that came from a perspective of affection. Do some people genuinely find him irritating? Just curious
fancybum
senpai

nerdysporks wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:11 pm So I was just wondering if people actually found Dan's screaming annoying. Like I know the phandom makes a lot of jokes and calls him rat and stuff but I always thought that came from a perspective of affection. Do some people genuinely find him irritating? Just curious
Yes.

(That doesn’t mean ‘yes, all the time’ but the answer is still very much Yes).
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
lilabet
philussy

nerdysporks wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:11 pm So I was just wondering if people actually found Dan's screaming annoying. Like I know the phandom makes a lot of jokes and calls him rat and stuff but I always thought that came from a perspective of affection. Do some people genuinely find him irritating? Just curious
Not at all.
Phandom Gives
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

onceinaugust wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:49 pm
Please tell me I'm not the only one who immediately checked out their engagement rings and watches, purely for curiosity's sake of course *cough* :bbb:
Kimship
glabella

I don't. I find it funny. I do occasionally have to adjust my volume, but I have to do that with normal tv shows, too.
hello9217
flower crown

Never really irritates me, honestly. I just think it's funny when people make jokes but it never really gets to me. (I think it got to me once because he was loud AND yelling at Phil, which only makes Phil shut down and makes the situation worse. This was in an overcooked ls.)

The only part that annoys me is when I have to turn my volume down for when dan starts yelling and then turn it back again when Phil starts talking because I live with three roommates and they have complained before.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

absolutely. obviously not all the time, but sometimes(most of the time) it's obviously being done for humor or exaggeration but i just....never find it funny, i usually end up rolling my eyes and thinking about how unnecessary and annoying it is
(this sounds harsh lol, lemme just clarify that i do not hate dan)
vincentian
hobbit hair

Could this mean Phil is already on his way home? Looks like an advert you'd see in a magazine on a train/plane. Obviously, this could be anything.

Also, seeing as their Charades video did so outstandingly well (compared to other videos), I hope they film another one where Dan is guessing.
(It's my favourite gamingmas '17 video so far, too, although the VR one from yesterday is also pretty high up there.)

Overall, they scheduled gamingmas this year in a way that the quality is just going up with every new video. Intentional or not, good strategy! :festivedeppy:

RE: ls - I quit watching liveshows consistently at some point this year, but I watched yesterday's and enjoyed it a lot. Mostly because Dan's sick voice and that background underchin lighting made him sound and look a lot like his younger self. No matter how much he tried to be serious/opinionated/sarcastic at certain points, he was just full on relaxed and festive in that hilarious hat and all soft around the edges. :blackheart:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

vincentian wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:01 pm
Could this mean Phil is already on his way home? Looks like an advert you'd see in a magazine on a train/plane. Obviously, this could be anything.
I think they are. Cornelia just posted an instagram story on the plane leaving London for up North so I'm assuming Phil left tonight as well..
rainydays
sofa crease

any ideas?

EDIT: actually thinking about it, could it be the undertale genocide route people have been talking about? I know nothing about it, but maybe :shrug:
Last edited by rainydays on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

There have been times. It's often pretty funny but there are times where I wanted to reach through the screen and gag him in very non kinky ways.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alien
procrastinator

hello9217 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:26 pm
Never really irritates me, honestly. I just think it's funny when people make jokes but it never really gets to me. (I think it got to me once because he was loud AND yelling at Phil, which only makes Phil shut down and makes the situation worse. This was in an overcooked ls.)

The only part that annoys me is when I have to turn my volume down for when dan starts yelling and then turn it back again when Phil starts talking because I live with three roommates and they have complained before.
I'm just seconding this because these are my thoughts exactly.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Cornelia's latest ig story was from a plane... do we think Phil's magazine pic was taken at the airport? Tbh I'll be surprised if he's left this early, but I guess it's possible that they busted their asses pre-filming five videos over the weekend and maybe they'll just edit as they go.
liola
rankussy

rainydays wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:14 pm any ideas?

EDIT: actually thinking about it, could it be the undertale genocide route people have been talking about? I know nothing about it, but maybe :shrug:
Genocide route in undertale?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
fancybum
senpai

rainydays wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:14 pm
any ideas?

Ooh yay! I bet it is Undertale related, but I don’t think the genocide run makes much sense. I think that would be way too much time/effort for a one-off video and I don’t think they’d do a series (even a short one) right at the end of gamingmas. (Also I know Dan played it in his own time but I bet him and Phil (..mostly Phil) wouldn’t want to kill all the loveable characters they got attached to on the channel, just like they won’t kill Dil- fingers always crossed tho).

I’m sticking with my earlier guess of a certain festive game that just involves 2 specific characters.. (and time-wise it wouldn’t be a hassle to finish in one short video)
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:31 pm Cornelia's latest ig story was from a plane... do we think Phil's magazine pic was taken at the airport? Tbh I'll be surprised if he's left this early, but I guess it's possible that they busted their asses pre-filming five videos over the weekend and maybe they'll just edit as they go.
I was wondering when Dan said in his ls that they had saved some of the best for last, how far ahead they had gotten with filming. I'd actually be impressed if they managed to get everything done even with Dan being sick.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
katemko
delia smith

what if it's sims but someone dies
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.