Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Loved that! So many good moments, the golf videos always bring out the best innuendos. The best, as people have already brought up, was definitely the "I've already started a family in that hole", and mainly the discussion afterwards. I live for real moments like that where they were talking about whether to leave a clip in or not. I wonder just how many moments have been cut out of videos - probably not near as many now as in the past few years.

I would die to see all the moments that were cut out of videos - and not just for the moments themselves, but I want to see the discussion that goes into whether to keep a line or moment in the video or not. I want to see the disagreements, the arguing, the compromising. Basically what I'm saying is, communication is my kink. But no really, give me all of that good stuff. I don't even have to see the actual scenes they are talking about getting cut (I mean, that would be the cherry on top), but give me the discussions about said scenes afterwards.

Also - what was with Phil's look and "mmm" at 25:46 when Dan's talking, "...by the time I've finished all of the confectionery being served in front of me." Ummm. He just made that so sexual. I'm not even a 100% 'phan' believer or whatever you want to call it, and that made me feel like I was intruding on something..

ETA -
tyhane wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:24 pm A cute moment: at 9:30 Phil laughs so hard and just sort of touches Dan on the shoulder and lingers a tiny bit. I know he hits Dan all the time now (lol) so physical contact itself isn't particularly notable, but something about it felt so sweet and genuine.
Ah yes, this was one of my fav moments too! Like you said, it was just so genuine. It was such a cute moment, I rewatched it about 5 times in a row. I love when they genuinely full-out laugh and react. Possibly unpopular opinion - sometimes I feel like Phil overcompensates a bit and when he touches/shoves/etc Dan it feels a tiny bit forced. And not in a bad way - I think he would genuinely react like that in real life, but I think that he spent so many years not touching Dan on camera, that his body's natural reaction is to hesitate, so it doesn't always come across as a completely fluid/natural motion. Does this make sense? Like, I think he (and both of them) have been trying to allow their natural reactions to come through on camera (such as any touching), so it's not at all fake when Phil does it; I just think he's still slightly overthinking things in his head. Anyways, the point of this ramble is that this particular moment felt completely natural and genuine! (as they do more and more lately, and this makes me happy)
Last edited by greenergrass on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Commenting on the many holes jokes already feels redundant ;) Jfc, boys :roll: I love the candy land, the brightness, the slides, the Phil-defeating donut. The raspberry jelly cubes did look good and the balls in their little hats and rafts when they fell in the water, so fricking cute. If I was in the mood to draw, a jester juggling cupcakes would be fun.

Phil’s photo is beautiful. The scenery is one thing, his face is another level, so sweet, handsome and framed with fluff.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

this video was a blessing. so many innuendos and bants! i felt like a third wheel as usual haha
:transheart:
alch
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

Wait Dan's in the Isle of Man with Phil's family? Is this year even real?
Honestly, when I saw the photo Phil posted I thought it was Dan's from last year. There's no way he wasn't trying for a parody of that photo in some way, it looks like the same backdrop.
I'm surprised, since Dan was dropping so many "when I see my family" and such mentions, but there's no way that Cornelia didn't mean Dan as the third tall boy.

I'm hoping to see this IOM trip show up as our best phan moment outside a video.

video was good too.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Hello friends! I'm starting a new religion to honor and worship the superior content that is Golf With Bants videos. :stan:

I could comment on all the bants and in particular all the hole innuendos but I'd still be writing this post well into 2018 so let's not. But "Phil is an expert hole finder" and "I've already started a family in that hole" had me wheezing. The little part about cutting that bit out in natural voice was the cherry on top of the trash can. :garbage:

If Dan really is spending the days before Christmas with the Lester clan catch me spending Christmas at the bottom of that same trash can btw.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Skylar wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:23 am this video was a blessing. so many innuendos and bants! i felt like a third wheel as usual haha
This whole WEEK has been a blessing. Between the videos, reemergence of a Dan liveshow, and basically confirmation of Dan with the Lesters, I AM LIVING. Merry f-ing Christmas to us.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

just popping in to say that i loved the golf video, and as i was scrolling through tumblr, i saw that someone found this glorious tweet, giving us a visual for phil's cake story:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I need to rewatch that video rn cause I watched it yesterday on my phone after going to bed (damn their upload times) and I am not sure if it was even real. The "Oh Dear" complication creator must be having a great day.

Aside from the already stated, I am most surprised with them breaking the 4th wall after the "starting a family" comment. That ties in really well with what someone here said, that gamingmas seems like some sort of practise/trial run for the tour, where they can't edit and just have to make the best out of the situation.

The only thing that really bothered me in that video (and I'm sorry to bring it up again) is Phil's fringe. I am not sure if it's the way it's cut, that he's sitting with his head slightly angled so it split weirdly, or that hat that just makes me associate this style with... an unpopular European leader from the last century :?
Please don't ban me :gg:
karma_yeah
philussy

whatdoiknow wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:42 pm Also - what was with Phil's look and "mmm" at 25:46 when Dan's talking, "...by the time I've finished all of the confectionery being served in front of me." Ummm. He just made that so sexual. I'm not even a 100% 'phan' believer or whatever you want to call it, and that made me feel like I was intruding on something.
Same! I got the same vibe from the Charades video when Phil was saying how nice it would be to be in a shower covered in chocolate syrup, and Dan saying it sounded fun (around 2:40). I swear there was a jump cut right as Dan started getting a smile on his face and swallowing . . .

I fully believe Dan is w/ the Lesters in IOM for a few days before heading to his family, and I’ll go to my :dead: believing it. I don’t think there would be any backlash if they did a Time Bombs with Cornelia and Martyn.
LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:06 am The only thing that really bothered me in that video (and I'm sorry to bring it up again) is Phil's fringe. I am not sure if it's the way it's cut, that he's sitting with his head slightly angled so it split weirdly, or that hat that just makes me associate this style with... an unpopular European leader from the last century :?
And you’re not alone about Phil’s hairstyle. I get the same discomfort. I’m team fringe, but I wish he’d grow the sides out.
What goes around, comes around Image
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

karma_yeah wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:33 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:06 am The only thing that really bothered me in that video (and I'm sorry to bring it up again) is Phil's fringe. I am not sure if it's the way it's cut, that he's sitting with his head slightly angled so it split weirdly, or that hat that just makes me associate this style with... an unpopular European leader from the last century :?
And you’re not alone about Phil’s hairstyle. I get the same discomfort. I’m team fringe, but I wish he’d grow the sides out.

omg this is why phil's hair was so distracting - i couldn't pinpoint what it was reminding me of, but god.
i think the issue is partly that his fringe is cut at more of an angle than usual (usually the swoop relies more on brushing it to the side rather than just falling flat to different lengths) and partly the shaved sides. fabrice needs to have his clippers confiscated. even dan's looked slightly too short, and he suits that type of haircut quite well.

i wish phil would grow the sides out - the shaggy, mostly one length look is good on him, and minimizes the alien head shape. even a shorter adapted form to suit his more grown up, professional look would work - he doesn't have to go full on emo hair tho if he did :loveeyes:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

VengefulBlue wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:13 pm

omg this is why phil's hair was so distracting - i couldn't pinpoint what it was reminding me of, but god.
i think the issue is partly that his fringe is cut at more of an angle than usual (usually the swoop relies more on brushing it to the side rather than just falling flat to different lengths) and partly the shaved sides. fabrice needs to have his clippers confiscated. even dan's looked slightly too short, and he suits that type of haircut quite well.

i wish phil would grow the sides out - the shaggy, mostly one length look is good on him, and minimizes the alien head shape. even a shorter adapted form to suit his more grown up, professional look would work - he doesn't have to go full on emo hair tho if he did :loveeyes:
+1 from me. It just could be a little more choppy, a little more messy. I want to go back in time and glue the lips shut of whoever told him fringe gaps are bad.

I also wonder though... Is he trying to hide that maybe he has a slightly different hairline than he used to under that hair? That's been my current theory. I can't remember the last time we got a good look at the quiff straight on. Which, if that's the case, I hope he doesn't feel too too self-conscious about it when he's just living life.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I can't believe people are agreeing with Phil's hair being hitler-y :lol: Now I feel less bad about having that thought.

Your in-depth analysis is pretty spot-on! His hair is brushed to the side and cut off into a weird corner:
which is unfortunately very similar to this picture that comes up when you google "hitler hairstyle".
I think his hair looked better when it was combed to the front and cut at an angle and without the very short sides, like here:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:27 pm

I can't believe people are agreeing with Phil's hair being hitler-y :lol: Now I feel less bad about having that thought.

Your in-depth analysis is pretty spot-on! His hair is brushed to the side and cut off into a weird corner:
which is unfortunately very similar to this picture that comes up when you google "hitler hairstyle".
OMG Y'all have ruined this hair for me officially after showing "hitler hairstyle" :rofl: I always thought it was a less than good haircut, looked like what my son gets because he is 4 and can't sit still long enough to get a good haircut but now it's even worse!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I am deceased. HITLER HAIR.

As if I couldn't hate Fabrice more.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
obvsly
#relatable

I had been so busy and the first time I came back here in days I was greeted by the Hitler Hair Analysis. Thanks, IDB. You complete me. :stan:
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

Fucking hell, I didn't think there were any subjects I never thought would come up on IDB but here we are :lol: I couldn't see it before but now I can't unsee it :shock: I actually kinda liked it, maybe because I was subconsciously reminded of vintage haircuts? (Also Phil is just a very handsome man and I'm often just distracted by his eyes and smile and face in general.) Now I'm firmly on team quiff if this is the direction Fabrice is gonna go in :tsk:
ams
smol bean

Dan is in the background of Cornelia's instagram story! :stan:
chiccola
sofa crease

Well the timing of that is weird, considering we knew about the darts yesterday... did they have another match today?
I forgot if cornelia mentioned who won...

EDIT: nvm Cornelia won yesterday, Phil today!
ams wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:25 pm Dan is in the background of Cornelia's instagram story! :stan:
Amazing! :o *runs to watch*
Last edited by chiccola on Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

ams wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:25 pm Dan is in the background of Cornelia's instagram story! :stan:
I literally jumped in my seat when I saw him. I can't believe we have actual evidence for this now wow :garbage:
realeyesrealize
living flop

Cornelia owns this ass from now on. Thank you, Queen. :stan:

[insert keysmash because Depsters (Deppy + Lesters) family Christmas and why are there tears in my eyes]
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

omg I knew this year was full of new things and surprises, and I'm the trashiest trash can one could ever be yet I still didn't expect Dan to go spend Christmas (or the days before) with the Lesters.... I can't believe this wow :love2: :love2: :love2: :stan:
It also makes Dan saying he was gonna go home to his family "as late as [he] can get away with" kinda cute because that basically translates to "I wanna stay with the Lesters as long as I can" :garbage:
Really, really curious to see what they're gonna do now that we know for sure he's there. Are they gonna hint at it (like with florida and IOM in january at first), say it outright or just don't mention it and we'll get the Colin pic in a few days ?
Last edited by AroboticPhil on Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swofro
angel bean

Ffffff
Love is forever
JustMarie
drama llama

swofro wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:34 pm Ffffff
I STAN ONE WOMAN :garbage:
chiccola
sofa crease

Did anyone else chuckle at the title on Cornelia's other IG story with Martyn or was that just me being a demon :tinfoil:
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

So lovely that he's there and not having to hide it. Love this 'I-won't-make-it-obvious-or-post-about-it-but-I-don't--care-if-people-find-out' attitude.

Also, Zoe got her Dan and Phil and Dogs calender and talks about it in her vlog at 9:16 and 26:50, video under the spoiler
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~