Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Locked
User avatar
alch
#relatable
Posts: 397
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:00 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by alch » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:39 pm

But that's a very clear confirmation of Dan being at the Lester house. Not that any confirmation they're together is still needed, but that's like... not a platonic thing one does. I know I've been thinking that 2017 was amounting to something but I don't know, I feel like this is bigger than whatever I expected.

Video: It was ok, glad Dan's finally fallen off his chair this year, though it made for an anticlimactic ending.

Dan and Phil's joint christmas is really ruining my ability to care enough about gamingmas.



User avatar
tyhane
drama llama
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:19 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by tyhane » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:43 pm

I genuinely don't know why, but spooky/horror games have always been my least favorite of the games they play. I think the only spooky week video I ever liked was Golf with Friends, and obviously that was because it wasn't a horror game. Needless to say I was kind of bored by this video as well. One thing I can say to this game's credit was that it actually scared me a bit, and that's never happened with a game they'd played before.
I admit my expectations for these past few videos have been up since Dan's ls, where he said that he thought they'd been saving good stuff for last. Though I should have remembered that Dan always hypes up/spons everything in relation to dapg. :rofl: (and hey, besides this video, he seems to have been right.) Curious if tomorrow will be anything particularly good/special as the last video of gamingmas. (right?)

Anyway, considering the IoM stuff we saw today, it balances out. ;)

whatdoiknow
cheeky #spon
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by whatdoiknow » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:45 pm

rizzo wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:52 pm
I think Dan and Phil wanted Cornelia to share this. I think they're totally cool with us more "hardcore" fans knowing and enjoying that they're together this Christmas season and they're aware that said fans will check the likes of Cornelia's instagram or like... Bryony's twitter.
Agreed. They tried with the darts tweet yesterday and realized it was too subtle, some people still weren't sure if dan was there, so they went with video proof instead. Nothing they show us is an accident.

User avatar
SquishPhan
mark of oxin
Posts: 2390
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:18 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by SquishPhan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:34 pm

It really warms my heart to know that Dan is spending some time with the Lester before Christmas. Very cute. :gift: :epictree:

I enjoyed the game, but not one of my faves even if it is always fun to see Dan falling off his chair.

User avatar
000dia000
trash
Posts: 952
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by 000dia000 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:57 pm

So, interesting news today though don't be surprised if you get anti comments if Dan leaves to spend Christmas day at the Howells :tu:
:cactus:

pearshaped34
Ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:42 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by pearshaped34 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:09 pm

As Dan has specifically stated he is going home "as late as possible" for Christmas I'd say it's an almost certainty he only plans to stay with Phil's family until Christmas eve at the latest.
He can pick and choose the questions he answer in liveshows, why tell a lie he could easily be caught out in when he could just as easily not comment? He said he plans to go home for Christmas so I believe that is what he intends.

User avatar
julian
sad dimple
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:23 pm
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by julian » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:17 pm

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:09 pm
Is this the first xmas they have spent together since that first one?
Holy shit ): My heart!
Image

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by alittledizzy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:33 pm

000dia000 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:57 pm
So, interesting news today though don't be surprised if you get anti comments if Dan leaves to spend Christmas day at the Howells :tu:
I'm sure you're right though it's kind of silly, I don't see anyone around claiming that Dan was lying and won't see his family for Christmas. It's like people feel like they need to have some kind of hard line distinction to cling to... I mean, Dan going to spend a period of time in the general range known as the Christmas holidays with the Lesters is real damn cute no matter where he is on December 25 specifically.

User avatar
Skylar
long-time wanker
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:32 pm
Pronouns: they/their/them
Location: the deep south
Contact:

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by Skylar » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:39 pm

i liked the gamingmas video today. it was very spooky and legit made me scream like twice and made my sister annoyed hahaha
Image
"My friends mustn't see the midnight in me.."

User avatar
captainspacecoat
long-time wanker
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:31 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Australia

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by captainspacecoat » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:50 pm

Like everyone else that video was completely overshadowed for me by the confirmation that Dan is definitely on the Isle of Man right now, I truly owe my life to Cornelia Dahlgren :love1: . This has really brought me out of the trash can like nothing else has in a long time, what a time to be alive :')

Today's video was genuinely scary and was entertaining enough but I was distracted by the constant thought of Dan spending the lead-up to Christmas with the Lesters - 8/10. And yesterday's video was one of my favourites of gamingmas so far, a solid 10/10.

User avatar
flarequake
angel bean
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:55 pm
Pronouns: She/her
Location: London, UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by flarequake » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:57 pm

I loved the video, I remember Furbies first appearing in the late 90s, never had one, though. Having expected the cute one to turn out not to be so cute, that was a bit of a twist, thought they did pretty well to make it as long as they did, though it seemed easier than the FNAF games, still they didn’t have as long to work out or practise what to do to stay safe. Dan falling off the chair and sliding onto his bum was too cute. I forget the comment he made about hurting it, but I was amused.

Cornelia’s insta made me laugh so hard, they’re all such sneaky sneks snekking around with their hints. Love them all.

User avatar
smartcookie
Senpai
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:19 am
Location: The north

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by smartcookie » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:01 am

pearshaped34 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:09 pm
As Dan has specifically stated he is going home "as late as possible" for Christmas I'd say it's an almost certainty he only plans to stay with Phil's family until Christmas eve at the latest.
He can pick and choose the questions he answer in liveshows, why tell a lie he could easily be caught out in when he could just as easily not comment? He said he plans to go home for Christmas so I believe that is what he intends.
or maybe he’s considering the lesters family :garbage:

I apologise for nothing :phangoggles2:
everything sucks forever

Amiaw
hobbit hair
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:55 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by Amiaw » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:26 am

I had a brief separation from the phandom from about July of this year until spooky week and when I went back to Tumblr/Twitter I was surprised that there were so few anti’s left. This week, and especially today, I’ve been seeing them all pop out of the woodwork and It’s confusing.

Believe what you want but to choose this week to die on the hill of strictly bro’s is so confusing to me.

User avatar
MythicalPinkTrashCan
sad dimple
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:14 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Texas

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by MythicalPinkTrashCan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:27 am

smartcookie wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:01 am
pearshaped34 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:09 pm
As Dan has specifically stated he is going home "as late as possible" for Christmas I'd say it's an almost certainty he only plans to stay with Phil's family until Christmas eve at the latest.
He can pick and choose the questions he answer in liveshows, why tell a lie he could easily be caught out in when he could just as easily not comment? He said he plans to go home for Christmas so I believe that is what he intends.
or maybe he’s considering the lesters family :garbage:

I apologise for nothing :phangoggles2:
End me now. I didn’t even CONSIDER this. Just imagine....

pearshaped34
Ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:42 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by pearshaped34 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:50 am

alittledizzy wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:33 pm
000dia000 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:57 pm
So, interesting news today though don't be surprised if you get anti comments if Dan leaves to spend Christmas day at the Howells :tu:
I'm sure you're right though it's kind of silly, I don't see anyone around claiming that Dan was lying and won't see his family for Christmas. It's like people feel like they need to have some kind of hard line distinction to cling to... I mean, Dan going to spend a period of time in the general range known as the Christmas holidays with the Lesters is real damn cute no matter where he is on December 25 specifically.
I agree with this. He lives with and sees Phil all year round. The fact he wants to travel to spend time with Phil and his family in the run up to Christmas is still cute as hell regardless of whether he leaves to see his own family before the 25th or not.

Especially as his own family are like an hour outside of London and Phil's family are a literal plane ride away (or a 4 hour car journey followed by a boat journey). They are by no means a convenient pit stop for him.

User avatar
fancybum
angel bean
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by fancybum » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:15 am

Amiaw wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:26 am
I had a brief separation from the phandom from about July of this year until spooky week and when I went back to Tumblr/Twitter I was surprised that there were so few anti’s left. This week, and especially today, I’ve been seeing them all pop out of the woodwork and It’s confusing.

Believe what you want but to choose this week to die on the hill of strictly bro’s is so confusing to me.
They're rage, raging against the dying of the light.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me

User avatar
KatjaZoe
spork
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:56 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by KatjaZoe » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:22 am

I want to preface this by saying I completely agree that it is sweet that Dan is spending some holiday time with the Lesters.

But I'm going to be the resident non-shipper here and say I don't get why people are taking this as phan proof or that like there's no way that they'd be doing this if they were just friends? To me that's pretty common -- my best friend came with me to visit family for christmas, and I've gone with friends to visit their family during the holidays too. It's just hard for me personally to understand with visiting fam = relationship.

Either way, it's super cute that Dan is there whether its as a bestie or a bf.
(pls don't hate me lol)
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:

User avatar
sparkle
morning quiff
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by sparkle » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:37 am

smartcookie wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:01 am
pearshaped34 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:09 pm
As Dan has specifically stated he is going home "as late as possible" for Christmas I'd say it's an almost certainty he only plans to stay with Phil's family until Christmas eve at the latest.
He can pick and choose the questions he answer in liveshows, why tell a lie he could easily be caught out in when he could just as easily not comment? He said he plans to go home for Christmas so I believe that is what he intends.
or maybe he’s considering the lesters family :garbage:

I apologise for nothing :phangoggles2:
I'd fucking DIE if the Howells ended up on the IOM for Christmas with the Lesters :garbage:

I'm sorry - I didnt realise I woke up this morning into a fucking fanfiction. Like I should not be this excited about the location in the world of a 26-year-old man but god works in mysterious ways. In the last few weeks I've become more phan agnostic but this has got my phan goggles fucking welded on.

also because I cant rejoin IDB without some form of conspiracy theory here we go :tinfoil:
SOOOO based on the flintiness of the last few months, plus just half of gamingmas that has changed my life and them saving 'the best for last'. I am predicting hoping praying that the video they put up on christmas eve has an undeniable #PhanConfirmed. Nothing major just one comment, because I seriously need a pay off :lol: (I just thought maybe they could do a couples Truth Bombs featuring Martyn and Cornelia and I'd honestly die) but in all seriousness. If they're saving the best to last I could see that because it would mean that they could side step any questions for a while because of it being christmas. And then they can control their responses?

or am I just over excited
supplier of phandom tinfoil
there is a 99% chance that I am projecting onto Dan at any one time

User avatar
Ablissa
morning quiff
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Poland

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by Ablissa » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:49 am

KatjaZoe wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:22 am
I want to preface this by saying I completely agree that it is sweet that Dan is spending some holiday time with the Lesters.

But I'm going to be the resident non-shipper here and say I don't get why people are taking this as phan proof or that like there's no way that they'd be doing this if they were just friends? To me that's pretty common -- my best friend came with me to visit family for christmas, and I've gone with friends to visit their family during the holidays too. It's just hard for me personally to understand with visiting fam = relationship.

Either way, it's super cute that Dan is there whether its as a bestie or a bf.
(pls don't hate me lol)
I guess it's a matter of different strokes for different folks. To me, nothing says long term relationship like splitting the Christmas holidays between two families, since it's difficult to get both your families in one place at the same time. To me, having to spend Christmas with a friend's family would be weird and I wouldn't want to do that, no matter how close I'd be with said friend. I'm not saying you're wrong for thinking/doing otherwise!! - I'm the weirdo here, an antisocial, anxious mess. :lol:

Anyway, I don't think people treat this as ultimate phan proof (some do, but yeah). It's just nice to see deppy not hide this kind of thing, it's so different from before. And that fact alone, that they're not hiding it, is almost more meaningful than the fact that they're spending (the days leading up to) Christmas together with Phil's family.

User avatar
MythicalPinkTrashCan
sad dimple
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:14 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Texas

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by MythicalPinkTrashCan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:00 am

I’m watching jacksepticeye play tattletail and WTF is that game?! I wish Deppy had finished it now. It’s just under and hour to watch both videos, and I’m not done yet, but that would have been a wild ride.

Amiaw
hobbit hair
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:55 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by Amiaw » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:02 am

Ablissa wrote: Anyway, I don't think people treat this as ultimate phan proof (some do, but yeah). It's just nice to see deppy not hide this kind of thing, it's so different from before. And that fact alone, that they're not hiding it, is almost more meaningful than the fact that they're spending (the days leading up to) Christmas together with Phil's family.
This! Their behavior is so different that it makes this Trip feel significant. Deppy have been so different this year with how much they want to show us and they’ve really drawn a line with how much of their privacy they are willing to give away. The fact that they weren’t exposed and could have kept this hidden but chose to share it is so nice and feels like it’s something special.

User avatar
Ewok
cheeky #spon
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:32 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by Ewok » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:06 am

I've seen a lot of people pointing out that this is 'normal' friendly behavior - is it really that normal to hop on a flight to go and visit your friends family for an extended period of time leading right up to Christmas? Seems a tad bit strange to me for two grown men to go out of their way to do that. I know everyone's relationships are different, but I personally wouldn't hop a flight (or drive over 4 hrs + take a boat trip) to go visit my friend's family for a few days. Even for my best friend since childhood - nah. I barely want to travel an hour to be with my own in-laws (but maybe that just says more about me than anything else, lmfao whoops.)

Another argument I've seen floating around some unmentionable places is that everyone conveniently 'forgets' that Deppy are business partners, and that Dan could be traveling to IOM for something business related. Really? Because Martyn and Cornelia aren't capable of handling everything merch-related on their own, from hundreds of miles away, 365 days a year? You're telling me that skype, text messages, phone calls, facetime have all suddenly ceased to exist and Dan needed to be physically present now? If they truly are working on something bts that they needed Dan physically present, immediately before Christmas, I will gladly eat my words. Until I see that kind of proof then I am plunking my ass down in my trash can and enjoying the glimpse they're allowing us into their personal lives.

:garbage:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««

Secretstanner
living flop
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by Secretstanner » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:10 am

KatjaZoe wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:22 am
I want to preface this by saying I completely agree that it is sweet that Dan is spending some holiday time with the Lesters.

But I'm going to be the resident non-shipper here and say I don't get why people are taking this as phan proof or that like there's no way that they'd be doing this if they were just friends? To me that's pretty common -- my best friend came with me to visit family for christmas, and I've gone with friends to visit their family during the holidays too. It's just hard for me personally to understand with visiting fam = relationship.

Either way, it's super cute that Dan is there whether its as a bestie or a bf.
(pls don't hate me lol)
As someone who is still a non-shipper this has definitely messed with my feelings a lot and I don’t know how to feel. I do think this year has had a lot of big changes like them going to IOM for phils bday or the holiday in Florida and now this! As someone who’s a “anti” I think people are happy and excited because it shows how much things have changed, wether you believe they are friend or more. Back a couple years ago when dan went with Phil for Father’s Day he said “oh I went to hang out with phils brother” not verbatim. There was a sense of he or they always had to have a reason other than just going like it was a normal thing. I think after this year I had a feeling dan would go with phil so when I woke up and saw people LITERALLY freaking out my first thing to do was to check on here. Gotta say everyone on twitter and tumblr so funny how over the top people are and I mean that in a good day, all the excitement was fun I felt like maybe this is how people felt with the boncas happened? I wasn’t around. I don’t know if people are counting this as PROOF because I think they have such a strong relationship together it doesn’t mean anything romantic to me. I know they love each other I’m not blind I just see their relationship as capaniship. And just so people reading know I’m not against their relationship being more than friends! Hell I would love for them to be in a relationship Chessy as it sounds I think they are soul mates. If you believe in star signs and chinese zodiac they are the perfect match. Do I see this as proof of “phan” no do I see this is proof of openness? Yes! Now all I’m waiting for is for dan to ruin it all by saying something that contradicts the reason we think he went :roll:

I guess with the way this phandom works sometimes the question when do you think they will come out gets on my nerves if you truly think their together why does this question have to come up so much. Like when the week in March happened :? People get their hopes up and then get mad when it’s not what they want it to be.

As for now im in limbo about what I think their relationship is. And the reason for that is I’m not gonna allow my self to be let down by believing they are together and it not being true. I will continue to view them as just friends until it’s made clear to me (in a way I would accept it as them making a conformation) to everyone. I’m a anti out of necessity to my self.

User avatar
captainspacecoat
long-time wanker
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:31 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Australia

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by captainspacecoat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:17 am

KatjaZoe wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:22 am
I want to preface this by saying I completely agree that it is sweet that Dan is spending some holiday time with the Lesters.

But I'm going to be the resident non-shipper here and say I don't get why people are taking this as phan proof or that like there's no way that they'd be doing this if they were just friends? To me that's pretty common -- my best friend came with me to visit family for christmas, and I've gone with friends to visit their family during the holidays too. It's just hard for me personally to understand with visiting fam = relationship.

Either way, it's super cute that Dan is there whether its as a bestie or a bf.
(pls don't hate me lol)
idk, for me it's mostly the context of who dan and phil are to each other - a bigger picture in which dan spending the lead-up to christmas with the lesters is an important puzzle piece. i'd slot this in alongside the two of them living together for six+ years in three different houses, dan spending holidays with phil's family multiple times (this is the the third time this year alone), past explicit confessions of love (vday vid) and online flirting (formspring, dailybooth etc), future plans to adopt a dog together ("or maybe it'll be an ugly mongrel we adopt"), numerous other examples i'm surely forgetting etc etc, all of which come together to construct an image of a relationship that, at least by my standards, does not = platonic. dan would not spend christmas with, say, tomska for example, but if for some unlikely reason he did i wouldn't draw the conclusion that they're in a relationship bc dan and tom lack the wider context of dan and phil. if that makes sense?

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Post by alittledizzy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:18 am

I think another thing to keep in mind is that people who think Dan and Phil are together aren't hinging every move on something being proof or not proof; their relationship is a given to me, I do not question it, I don't need reassurances of something that I have no reason to doubt to begin with... therefore I do not view things like this as something that needs to fall into a category of what it proves or how deeply it proves something. Instead I just appreciate it for what it is (progress in terms of how they address the audience and how comfortable they seem to feel, as secretstanner said) and get excited based on that. :)

also, what captainspacecoat said.

Locked