Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

A great post that basically expresses my thoughts:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

This IOM trip has definitely overshadowed talk of the last few videos but I have really enjoyed them and will be sad when gamingmas is over.

ETA: I 100% agree with the post above me - I wish I could express my opinions and thoughts so well...

Now onto Yasuhati:
The first Yasuhati video is one of my favorites of the year because of how much D&P enjoy it - I love seeing them genuinely laugh. I have only watched the second Yasuhati once so I'll give it a rewatch but this video was adorable. One of my favorites this month for sure.

I wish I had time to find a gif but can we talk about that moment around 11:52 where they are singing their duet and Dan literally stops and covers the side of his face - it wasn't a moment where he was embarrassed but a moment where Dan was one of us-squeeing over how cute they were. :garbage:
Elemancy
butt chair

This edition of Yasuhati helped soothe over the general muddled mood that has been my christmas eve eve today, especially watching Dan absolutely lose his mind over a tiny pixelated otamatone-esque character and demanding more goes even while not wanting to win the giant monstrosity of a candy Phil had already claimed dibs on. (There was also a point where Phil's voice dipped to this low incredible sustained baritone and my immediate reaction was "oh...")

About Dan's tweet, it's short and simple and to the point, showing a bit of dry wit and self-awareness in knowing the implied intent behind questions asking about his "Northern day out" and gently but pointedly rerouting expectations for further details towards hinting at the much requested pinof bloopers instead. (or unintentional double entendres)
It doesn't completely discount the possibility of more anecdotal asides he or Phil might offer in future liveshows if they feel it relevant enough to talk about and it doesn't gloss over the fact he knows everyone else knows he and Phil spent a bit of time together with people he obviously cares deeply for. He just isn't about to wax poetic about the depth of those affections or give a more insightful rundown of that day in a casual tweet when he's content enough to let the small comments and pics already posted speak for themselves. It lets him preserve a boundary while sharing a minimum of insight into his private life without losing control of it. It seems like a good, diplomatic balance of a buffer honestly.

*edit: alittledizzy's post said it perfectly actually.
:dildo:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

kalli wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:35 am
tyhane wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:47 am This is more just my reaction to the tweet than a response to you, but your post reminded me of it: to me it was almost a funny tweet. Like... "yeah I went all the way up north to go for a walk" is such a silly, stupid excuse that it can hardly even be called that. No anti or whatever you want to call it is going to read that and go "see!! guys he went up there for a WALK not to spend time with Phil's family!!". (And the causal fan/follower probably doesn't care one way or another or even realize he was there lol.)

And the thing is, he made no effort in thinking of some sort of plausible reason. In my mind, that shows that at the very least, he doesn't care enough about people knowing he went (and/or getting excited about it in the shippy sense) to bother with some sort of legitimate-sounding reason.

It actually made me happier than if he would have said nothing at all, because that could be interpreted like he wanted to hide the fact that he was there.
whatdoiknow wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:55 pm I didn't really take it as him brushing it off. I think he's just being purposefully... sarcastic isn't the right word, but I guess hyperbolic? Like, he knows we all know he had to take a plane to get to IOM, and that he isn't going to take a plane just to "go outside and go for a walk". I actually don't take this as a denial of any sort or "brushing it off"; rather that he acknowledged that he went.
I agree, the tweet gives off fairly strong jokey vibes imo since it's pretty obvious he didn't fly there just to go for a walk. I also imagine most of us would be celebrating this tweet if it weren't for Cornelia's Instagram story, since it's a confirmation he was there.

It's nice to see Dan spend some time with Phil's family over the holidays and be open about it :ravetree:
This is actually a really good point that I don't think I've seen anyone else bring up yet. If Dan had just tweeted that without Cornelia's instagram, there would have been no (or very little) disappointment because the tweet would have been the confirmation. People would have been celebrating the tweet (some, me included, still are, but I'm talking about the ones who are disappointed in it).

For anyone who took the tweet negatively, maybe see it this way (I know a lot of people don't need this reassurance, but it might be nice for some): Only really hardcore fandom members would have known about Cornelia' instagram; however, by Dan tweeting about being up north, he now supplied that information to his millions of twitter followers, most of who would have had no clue about Cornelia's instagram. So instead of the tweet being some sort of "downplay" of the trip, it was actually a confirmation of the trip to many.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Finally got to watch the video for real (and not just in a coffee shop jamming my finger on the volume down button every three seconds because I forgot headphones) and ahhhhhh that was cute. Not my absolute fave, but it's got steep competition so saying that doesn't mean it wasn't thoroughly enjoyable to watch.

I really am gonna have a phan crash come next Tuesday when we're left with a week or two of no content. I hope they up their twitter game, we're all gonna need at least a little something to ease us back into a more normal routine even if it's just 280 characters at a time.

I also feel like I haven't really seen anyone demanding to know what they got each other for Christmas this year - though maybe that's not a question they start getting slammed with until after the holiday itself? Though I feel like we knew beforehand last year...
Elemancy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:21 amIt doesn't completely discount the possibility of more anecdotal asides he or Phil might offer in future liveshows if they feel it relevant enough to talk about and it doesn't gloss over the fact he knows everyone else knows he and Phil spent a bit of time together with people he obviously cares deeply for. He just isn't about to wax poetic about the depth of those affections or give a more insightful rundown of that day in a casual tweet when he's content enough to let the small comments and pics already posted speak for themselves. It lets him preserve a boundary while sharing a minimum of insight into his private life without losing control of it. It seems like a good, diplomatic balance of a buffer honestly.
Love your entire post but I think this is a good point to remember! In a few weeks Dan might actually feel like he wants to share something - but this is big and new for them (whether you think they're a couple or not etc etc disclaimer blah blah you know the ropes here) to spend even part of Christmas together with each others family at this point in their life and I think it's fair that they wanna feel in control of our expectations before they decide how comfortable they feel telling more.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Yasuhati- I really enjoyed it, it's rare for me to actually laugh out loud in anything (I usually just end up doing that thing where you like snort air out of your nose, kind of like a reverse-sniff) but I was genuinely almost tearing up with laughter. A solid 9/10. I will say though that I am mildly disappointed the last gamingmas video is probably gonna be the Sims. I actually still quite enjoy the Sims vids, but not enough to be hyped for it as the conclusion of gamingmas. But ah well, the overall quality of the gamingmas vids has steadily improved in the second half of the month, so I can't really complain.

Isle of Man tweet - nihilist-toothpaste's tumblr post has come closest to accurately summing up my feelings. I think that the tweet does come across as an attempt of sorts to undermine the sentimentality of the trip, which is understandably a bit of a downer given the hype of yesterday. But I do think it's understandable, and I sympathise with Dan for the most part. I agree that this was him asserting boundaries, and I don't think it takes away from the fact that he spent several days with the Lesters before Christmas - it just means that this is all he's willing to say about if at the moment for the sake of maintaining privacy.
anonymousdork
delia smith

That video was a win simply because of Dan's filthy mouth and Phil's singing.
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

had a very different reaction to the iom tweet, thought it was funny and cute, 1- he acknowledged being w phil and fam, 2- worded very typically Dan (all rolling eyes and 'seriously people'-ing), 3- very on dinof brand (i find his brand funny, at times overdone), 4- seeing as he mentioned now being alone i thought his "...editing" meant some self-love, whatever floats your boats.

Happy Xmas to those who want xmas wishes.
fancybum
senpai

I wasn't excited/happy about Dan going to the iom because of anything having to do with the audience (re: sharing or comfort levels), it was simply about the fact that he went. It's not like this is the first year he's gone there just before xmas and let the audience know, it was exciting because this is the first year, at this time of year, that he's gone at all. Speaking of the last several years anyway, because that first year isn't remotely the same thing- Phil was still living with his parents, so that was all about Dan specifically being there to see Phil (and to film); it said nothing about his relationships, at that time, with any of the other Lesters. But these days, at the place(s) they are in their lives (including geographically), it's undoubtedly about the entire Lester family, of which Dan, just like Cornelia, is a part.

Dan didn't go to the Lesters for our entertainment, so what he does or does not say about it (and who knows, maybe he will say more in Jan) is entirely his business and frankly not deserving of eye-rolling. He let himself show up in an instagram story (somebody else's, not his), which let the ever watchful and unblinking eye of his audience see where he was. So not hiding, but not exactly shouting his whereabouts from the rooftops. Other available alternatives: shout it from the rooftops (by clearly posting about it to his own, or Phil's, social media) thereby making it a big(ger) deal and multiplying the amount of people taking it as some kind of ~message. It's a big deal to some of us, but for them it's literally just Christmas holiday time with family, nothing for anybody to make a fuss over. Another alternative: Dan getting creepshotted at the airport or somewhere and getting "caught" which would also make holiday family time into some feeding frenzy of gossip and accusations of hiding things (that again, aren't our business anyway). The lowkey option they took of being casual about it by proxy was the only viable one for not making it too much of a Thing in either direction. Throwing a scrap of meat, as ever, to keep the wolves at bay. But they're always circling. Honestly, if he hadn't tweeted or mentioned anything about it, I bet people would be saying how transparently he's trying to "hide" it and what a terrible job because we all saw Cornelia's twitter/insta lol so who's he trying to fool? (Spoiler alert: nobody).

Basically, I think it's safe to say that if you're trying to enjoy things vicariously, not just through, but on some level with D&P, you are well and truly only setting yourself up for disappointment. By which I mean: yes Dan spending some pre-Christmas time on iom was a wonderful thing on several levels, as an overly invested outsider looking in, but that can only be an observation and true to the observer from the outside. (I mean I'm sure Dan enjoyed himself, but we're clearly attaching more to it than he possibly could. We're viewing it as a timeline and progression in character and dare I say, plot, when he's there to give/receive presents, chat, and probably eat ham). And once you try to interact with that being observed (poke Dan and try to get him to play the role he's been cast in, unbeknownst to him), the view is marred. Dan is not going to count the ways in which he loves the Lester family and what that trip meant (to him or in general) because that is his experience, not ours. He's on the inside and we're outside, looking; the perspectives are not even in the same galaxy. He went, he didn't try to hide that he went, and he acknowledged that he went. If the fact of him going made you happy a day ago, it still should (and of course if you didn't care, you should continue to not care, I salute you) because it happened. And it had nothing to do with any of us at any point in time. Apart from them knowing, and having to deal with knowing, that we're watching. To not quote The Doctor: do blink. Flap those lids once in a while and let D&P "get away" with existing as complex humans who don't actually need to explain what is usually self-explanatory. Don't expect them to validate your vicarious experience of their lives when the two don't/can't/will not match up. Hope for whatever you want, but this projected disappointment or annoyance is misdirected, it has very little to do with D&P (or just D in this particular discussion; Phil's silence just slides under the radar, must be Tuesday).
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
casualIDBstalker
drama llama

This is just my thoughts so take it as you will - I'm not saying this is how it is for Dan, I'm just a curious mind & I tend to over analyze things sometimes. I feel a certain way in my own life about how things have gone/are going for me, so I kinda put myself into situations just to escape my reality & try to focus on scenarios even if it's far fetched. I am in no way saying that the next few paragraphs are what's going on, I'm just putting feelers out there to get other thoughts & opinions on the matter.

What comes to my mind about Dan spending time with the Lester's before going to his parents is that maybe the Lester's fill that typical close family holiday tradition that maybe Dan doesn't exactly share with his family.

He said he was going home as late as possible & I automatically thought that maybe he doesn't enjoy spending as much time with his family bcuz they don't understand &/or accept him like the Lester's do. I wonder if Dan's past is brought up every time he goes home, like do they always talk about dropping out of Uni or him moving in with Phil & doing YT. Also, do you think that Phil is ever invited to the Howell's for the holidays & Dan would rather not expose Phil to that awkwardness? or do you think he hasn't been invited bcuz they don't accept them being together(or friends)? or do you think that they just aren't as inviting as the Lester's? or maybe bcuz Dan isn't comfortable being there so Phil definitely wouldn't be comfortable being there? do you think maybe they resent Phil & feel that he is the reason Dan dropped out of Uni? What are your thoughts on why we never see or hear about Phil being with Dan's family or at his parents house with the exception of an early AmazingDan video?

I can't imagine holidays are very fun for Dan, especially when it's quite clear he would rather be at home hibernating & doing what makes him happiest - gaming, movies/anime, eating, sleeping & hanging out with Phil.

I'm kinda all over the place here & I apologize for that - I guess that's what happens when it's 3:48am & I am delirious with sleep deprivation.
kavat
pastel persona

fancybum wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:46 am
I wasn't excited/happy about Dan going to the iom because of anything having to do with the audience (re: sharing or comfort levels), it was simply about the fact that he went. It's not like this is the first year he's gone there just before xmas and let the audience know, it was exciting because this is the first year, at this time of year, that he's gone at all. Speaking of the last several years anyway, because that first year isn't remotely the same thing- Phil was still living with his parents, so that was all about Dan specifically being there to see Phil (and to film); it said nothing about his relationships, at that time, with any of the other Lesters. But these days, at the place(s) they are in their lives (including geographically), it's undoubtedly about the entire Lester family, of which Dan, just like Cornelia, is a part.

Dan didn't go to the Lesters for our entertainment, so what he does or does not say about it (and who knows, maybe he will say more in Jan) is entirely his business and frankly not deserving of eye-rolling. He let himself show up in an instagram story (somebody else's, not his), which let the ever watchful and unblinking eye of his audience see where he was. So not hiding, but not exactly shouting his whereabouts from the rooftops. Other available alternatives: shout it from the rooftops (by clearly posting about it to his own, or Phil's, social media) thereby making it a big(ger) deal and multiplying the amount of people taking it as some kind of ~message. It's a big deal to some of us, but for them it's literally just Christmas holiday time with family, nothing for anybody to make a fuss over. Another alternative: Dan getting creepshotted at the airport or somewhere and getting "caught" which would also make holiday family time into some feeding frenzy of gossip and accusations of hiding things (that again, aren't our business anyway). The lowkey option they took of being casual about it by proxy was the only viable one for not making it too much of a Thing in either direction. Throwing a scrap of meat, as ever, to keep the wolves at bay. But they're always circling. Honestly, if he hadn't tweeted or mentioned anything about it, I bet people would be saying how transparently he's trying to "hide" it and what a terrible job because we all saw Cornelia's twitter/insta lol so who's he trying to fool? (Spoiler alert: nobody).

Basically, I think it's safe to say that if you're trying to enjoy things vicariously, not just through, but on some level with D&P, you are well and truly only setting yourself up for disappointment. By which I mean: yes Dan spending some pre-Christmas time on iom was a wonderful thing on several levels, as an overly invested outsider looking in, but that can only be an observation and true to the observer from the outside. (I mean I'm sure Dan enjoyed himself, but we're clearly attaching more to it than he possibly could. We're viewing it as a timeline and progression in character and dare I say, plot, when he's there to give/receive presents, chat, and probably eat ham). And once you try to interact with that being observed (poke Dan and try to get him to play the role he's been cast in, unbeknownst to him), the view is marred. Dan is not going to count the ways in which he loves the Lester family and what that trip meant (to him or in general) because that is his experience, not ours. He's on the inside and we're outside, looking; the perspectives are not even in the same galaxy. He went, he didn't try to hide that he went, and he acknowledged that he went. If the fact of him going made you happy a day ago, it still should (and of course if you didn't care, you should continue to not care, I salute you) because it happened. And it had nothing to do with any of us at any point in time. Apart from them knowing, and having to deal with knowing, that we're watching. To not quote The Doctor: do blink. Flap those lids once in a while and let D&P "get away" with existing as complex humans who don't actually need to explain what is usually self-explanatory. Don't expect them to validate your vicarious experience of their lives when the two don't/can't/will not match up. Hope for whatever you want, but this projected disappointment or annoyance is misdirected, it has very little to do with D&P (or just D in this particular discussion; Phil's silence just slides under the radar, must be Tuesday).
I just agree with all of this.

Re: dan and his family
I always just assumed he had a similar relationship with his family as me. We do get along but we don't have much in common. Spending more than a few days with them is kind of boring, they have different views on things and my mom's passive aggressiveness just annoys me. They also still see me as the person I was 10-15 years ago. Idk, I just relate to the way he has talked about them in the past, and not going out of my way to see them as often as possible.
culture666war666
smol bean

So sorry, I’m new
Some of you brought up « some editing tips » joke or something
I don’t quite understand what are you referring to. Can somebody explain please?
Secretstanner
truth bomb

culture666war666 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:25 am So sorry, I’m new
Some of you brought up « some editing tips » joke or something
I don’t quite understand what are you referring to. Can somebody explain please?
If you go watch top dan memes on 2015 he explains it skip to 10:34. Basically he was asked how he met phil and he said he asked him for editing tips. Obviously we all know that isn’t true so people made it into a euphemism for sex.
Ablissa
pastel persona

fancybum wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:46 am

I just wanted to say that your post was very well written. Even though I did feel a little "meh" after Dan's tweet, reading your post + the others here made me see this from a different point of view and I agree. I do live vicariously through them, undoubtedly, and it's good to take a little step back sometimes. :thumb:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Hi loafer i saw your post pop up in my notices so I wanted to reply to it. We'll probably never see things the same way and that's fine. The "are they a couple or nah" thing is like the fuel that takes this ship around the globe :mrgreen:
Loafer wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:58 pm
Stakhanov wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:34 pm
Loafer wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:26 pm
About this as proof -it’s just one more piece of the puzzle imo. To me, trying to argue against this being proof would be like holding a piece of a puzzle and being like “look, it’s blue! It could be the sky, or water, or a piece of clothing, or a wall, or so many things!” which of course is true. But in this case most of the other puzzle pieces have fish on them. So it makes the most sense for the blue piece to be water, right? A lot of the arguments against phan I’ve read sound like “I put together a puzzle with a blue piece like this and it was a baby’s bedroom, so that’s what I think this must be! All the fish must be a painting on the wall or something, silly!” Or “I see the fish but I think we should wait until the puzzle is finished to see what the picture is, I think is still could be the sky.”
Well yes i think this illustrates how as a fan community we are always going to be stuck in the dark and are confined to speculation, bringing in many assumptions and trying to puzzle snippets of information together to make a bigger picture.
Of course, if we say the puzzle piece is most likely blue because most other pieces have fish in them, it becomes very important how you look at the entire puzzle so far. If you think they're together, you see fish so it's likely water to you. If you think they are friends, you don't see fish and it may look more like a sky piece to you rather than water that confirms the fish
That's exactly what confirmation bias is: you give a certain significance or not to a piece of information and view it as confirming the image you already had. I feel that we only have a couple of pieces and we are always eager to puzzle about every little thing they do because we like them and we like to know more about them.
Well, the point of the analogy is a fish is 100% a fish, not that it could be a fish or it could be a bird :lol: in this case, the facts of dnps life that indicate a long term relationship. Like you’re most likely to find fish in water, it’s most likely that two men who have been living in each others pockets for 8 years and who have spoken about adopting a dog in their forever home are most likely to be in a relationship. But of course, the puzzle is and will always be incomplete.

So- “a couple of extra days in Florida” translated to about 3 weeks, so I guess we can approximate that “for the day” actually means a few days? We know he was there yesterday, and it seems extremely unlikely he would fly all the way there for one night. But it makes sense that he would fly back to London today, if he’s traveling to his familiy tomorrow!
But that's exactly what we can't say with certainty. They claim they aren't together, you say it's the case because of the facts of dnps life that indicate a long term relationship. If you take that as a given, than yes seeing them together on the IOM (be it for a day or whatever) will seem to be further evidence of the conclusion you already arrived at. You retrofit the pieces to suit the puzzle you've already built. You can do that as somebody who believes they are a couple or as somebody who doesn't. So does this picture of Dan being with Phil on the IOM by itself demonstrate anything about the nature of their relationship? Well, it's highly ambiguous imo.

-It's plausable behavior if they are a couple (though it's not like they've done this every year)
-It's plausable behavior if they are good friends (as brought up by many people here, in reality plenty of people do join the festivities in friend's houses and families. I would also argue that their friendship is quite strong).
-It seems behavior that is at odds with them strictly being business partners.

The same goes imo for the facts your bring up that indicate a long term relationship.
I agree they've been doing an awful lot of things together and have been living together for a longer time than most friends would. Does this mean they are a romantic couple though? It could be an indication, but again it's highly ambiguous, especially in the light of their formal denial of them being a couple.
If you say it obviously points to them being a couple, i would ask. Can't friends live together? (I for one know two friends who live together for 11 years) Do you think their situation is comparable to most (they have plenty of practical reasons, besides emotional ones to live together) On the whole, I would agree that them living together can be indicative both of them being a couple or them beings friends, and I don't see on what grounds you favor one possibility over the other.
If it's true they are a couple, they have the perfect cover to make everything they do look as if they are "just friends". If they are just friends, it is also a situation that by it's nature will look a bit suspect, considering the history and active community that enjoys shipping them.

I looked up what it was they said again about forever homes and dogs. And i don't see them saying anything at any point about "a forever home" or adopting a dog being something they would get together. That part gets injected into what they've said. The underlying assumption with the "their forever home and their dog is what? That they live together now so when they talk about homes and dogs in the future it's a plan that they will execute together? In reality, they've never formulated the wish get a forever home together. Dan specifically says "when A house is bought" where he could have also opted to say "when we buy a house", if it was obvious for them to do this together in the future. He then says "I mean, this isn't a forever home" which can mean a couple of things, but by no means makes it obvious that they are planning to get a forever home for them as a couple.
Could it mean all of this? Yes, language is tricky and there is no way to know what scenario they are thinking of when they say "a" or "we" or "blerson" or the many things that could be taken ambigiously, but the fact that I now often just read (in general in the tumblr and twitter sphere) that they will get a forever home and adopt a dog together, as a couple is a subtle contortion of what they've actually said that I think is in this case another good example of how our biases inform how we see and remember their words and behavior.

Gamingmas is almost coming to an end :cry: It's going to be hard getting used to 1-2 vids a week again. I'm still holding out for the pinof bloopers, I can't see them holding them from us on this festive day. But then Dan said in a twitter response that a sims vid would be a good idea to end it all on too. I hope it's not a sims vid :( What do you think will be the grand finale?
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
liola
rankussy

I was travelling all day yesterday so I missed the video talk and also the whole proof/ non proof debate. I thought I'd add my thoughts in, but feel free to ignore :lol:

Tattletail: nice but not my favorite, I'm not a fan of this kind of game where you're just waiting for a jumpscare, so I wasn't particularly hooked. They were super cute though, Dan finally falling from his chair gave me the satisfaction that spooky week lacked, Phil trying to jumpscare Dan will never stop being cute to me and the hand hovering moment made me :love2:

Dan's tweet:it made me roll my eyes and chuckle more than anything else, because it's such an on-brand response you can't not love. No one believes he took a plane to the other side of the country just for a walk, and considering Phil went there at least 4 days ago I don't believe Dan went there on his own. It just makes more sense for Dan, Phil, Cornelia and Martyn to fly there all together. But he acknowledged that he went in his own way, when he could've ignored it so easily, and that to me says a lot. He wanted us to know that yes, he's not hiding from it, but we don't need to know anything else. That has been the theme of this year, them giving us what they're comfortable with, and no more. Dan knows this, but he will still stick with what he's comfortable without taking away from the fact that he WENT.

Another thing that, to me, is significant is that Cornelia pinned his instastory that shows Dan, so that it doesn't disappear. I feel like that says more than anything else, they want their core viewers to know, but not others. And that's okay, it's the same thing as talking about some stuff in a different way in liveshows than they do in official videos.

Being in IOM as proof/non proof: I feel like the people before me have said everything, especially @alittledizzy and @fancybum. If you don't think they're a couple, I doub there's anything that can make you change your mind unless they actually come out and say it out right which we don't know if they ever will and for sure it won't happen anytime soon. :shrug:
For me it's just something super cute, because they seem to really love Christmas and I'm sure that after so many years of living together it might be hard to separate for this time which is so....family-heavy. And they sure consider themselves family. I am convinced they're a couple, so I don't see it as proof because I don't need proof, but I still think it's significant they decided to show us this time, in their own way, just like it was significant they didn't shy from letting us in that Dan was in IOM for Phil's bday earlier this year or that Dan spent weeks with the Lesters in Florida. It's a new level of comfort with their audience and i'm excited for that!

And i'm excited that they can spend this time together, even thought Dan is now back home - which i had little to no doubt because he said he would. And I don't think he HATES being at his parents, I just think it's hard because they have a complicated relationship just like most families. Hell I love my family, I see them every 4-5 months and still staying here for one week is A LOT, so I relate lmao

After this waffle of words, I LOVED Yasuhati! <3 The duet was amazing, Phil has been leaning in so much this gamingmas at one point I wouldn't be surprised if he just kissed his cheek for the end of gamingmas lol Also one thing I've noticed that I don't think anyone talked about, did you notice how every video they use "mate-y, bro, pal" in a sarcastic way? It reminds me of calling your significant other a sarcastic pet name tbh Also phil's endcar being "amazingpally" right after they joked how Bublè went all no-homo in that song.. :tu:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sparkle
blobfish

whatdoiknow wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:51 am And about the plane thing - Phil's family lives on the Isle of Man, which I believe requires a plane to get to from London. Someone more knowledgeable, feel free to correct me. He did go to Florida this year, but not this recent trip.
Dropping in with my very specific knowledge of British aviation that has been procured through my job. By far the easiest way to get to the IOM is by aeroplane. Its a very short internal flight, taking around about an hour, and the flights are cheap too, you're looking at around £50~ per person. The alternative would've been to travel to Liverpool and then get a ferry, but for the cost and effort of that its easier to fly. I get a lot of people at work who have flown from the IOM and are connecting onto America or Continental Europe because of how much easier it is than getting a boat. I'd bet that they flew from Heathrow, and I wouldnt be surprised if Dan actually went straight back to Reading from the airport as it's not a very long train journey.

For my next trick, as me why shops scan boarding cards for a long and boring explanation of UK tax laws :dh:
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:37 pm Also :sparkle: @sparkle I missed you and your :tinfoil:
awww :') it's nice to be back! <3
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Stakhanov wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:04 am I looked up what it was they said again about forever homes and dogs. And i don't see them saying anything at any point about "a forever home" or adopting a dog being something they would get together. That part gets injected into what they've said. The underlying assumption with the "their forever home and their dog is what? That they live together now so when they talk about homes and dogs in the future it's a plan that they will execute together?
You are forgetting the most underrated liveshow quote of all time: "Phil's obsessed with a corgi, so uh, brace for that, who knows ... or maybe it'll be an ugly mongrel that we adopt", at like 56:30ish (and a discussion of how unfortunately they're still renting in the bit before that) of Dan's May 2nd liveshow. The youtube version lags, but I'm pretty sure there's a non-laggy version floating around only I have no idea where it's gone. This explicitly suggests that they plan on getting a dog together as far as I'm concerned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Here's a gifset:
Also fancybum I loved your post :thumb:
blueskies
phillion/danosaur <//3

This is my first post, so hi everyone :D

I don't have much to say about the above discussion except what's already been said, so this might be off-topic but is anyone excited for pinof bloopers? When do you think they'll upload?
mm_sunny1993
spork

blueskies wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:29 pm This is my first post, so hi everyone :D

I don't have much to say about the above discussion except what's already been said, so this might be off-topic but is anyone excited for pinof bloopers? When do you think they'll upload?
Hey :D
They will upload a sims video today and the bloopers tomorrow i think.
Im excited for the bloopers because in the last years i always liked the bloopers better than the original pinof :thumb:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

sparkle wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:54 am
For my next trick, as me why shops scan boarding cards for a long and boring explanation of UK tax laws :dh:
It's so they can pocket the VAT paid by customers flying overseas, right? It's infuriating. Only very pointed whining from my daughter induced me to turn over all my personal information in order to buy a magazine. And of course I got no VAT rebate.

More on point, great post as always, @fancybum. I will disagree on just one point: I would bet money that Dan didn't eat any ham. I'm on team Dan has been a vegetarian since some time in 2016 (at least). :carrot: :salad:

Anyway, happy Christmas to everyone in whatever way you celebrate it, even if that is just a nice long winter's nap and enjoying pinof bloopers. :tu:

:lights: :snowflake: :lights: :snowflake: :lights: :epictree: :lights: :snowflake: :lights: :snowflake: :lights:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Lain
eclipse shirt

Sorry for this, I just couldn't help myself:

Hoping everyone has an enjoyable holiday! :festivedeppy:
obvsly
#relatable

Lain wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:21 pm Sorry for this, I just couldn't help myself:

Hoping everyone has an enjoyable holiday! :festivedeppy:

Oooh. I love this. :lol:

Completely unrelated to the ongoing debate, has it been discussed here about Phil’s singing voice? Phil can sing. I mean, they both can carry a tune but Phil has the voice for it. The latest Yasuhati video makes it very obvious to me. He’s a natural! I wish he would get a proper vocal training and record something that isn’t kinda joke-y like The Internet Is Here. But that probably wouldn’t happen because they tend to make fun of themselves while they sing anyway. :(
sparkle
blobfish

LeftHandedism wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:39 pm It's so they can pocket the VAT paid by customers flying overseas, right? It's infuriating. Only very pointed whining from my daughter induced me to turn over all my personal information in order to buy a magazine. And of course I got no VAT rebate.

Its not, at least in the UK all we see is your flight number (for example, LS249) when we scan it. If its a flight thats outside the EU, or to low-tax Islands such as the Channel Islands or the Canary Islands (Which that number is) then on items over £5 you get VAT taken off eligible items akin to a voucher automatically at point of sale. Otherwise, for EU internal flights, VAT is still charged under EU and UK law. But its also one of the easiest ways to check to see if the passenger has a connection and is trying to take liquids through; because you need a special security bag for liquids over 100ml, and if you're flying through or to Australia liquids over 100ml cant be sold to you because they'll be taken off you by Australian customs. (I hope this doesn't sound like i'm having a go at you, I genuinely only care about this to try and save people money)

Which is interesting because in 'I Nearly Blinded Myself' Phil tells Dan to rebuy everything in the airport, and Dan mentions essentially buying half a chemist for his eyes. I'm assuming they connected via Abu Dhabi and Dan would've thrown the vast majority of what he bought in London away because they wouldnt be allowed through Australian customs.
LeftHandedism wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:39 pm More on point, great post as always, @fancybum . I will disagree on just one point: I would bet money that Dan didn't eat any ham. I'm on team Dan has been a vegetarian since some time in 2016 (at least). :carrot: :salad:

Anyway, happy Christmas to everyone in whatever way you celebrate it, even if that is just a nice long winter's nap and enjoying pinof bloopers. :tu:

:lights: :snowflake: :lights: :snowflake: :lights: :epictree: :lights: :snowflake: :lights: :snowflake: :lights:
Why do you think Dan's vegetarian? I remember when @somethingsketchy and I spent far too long trying to work out if he was vegan or not :lol: i'm genuinely curious because he's eaten gelatine on camera recently and I doubt he would be ignorant about that (isnt his brother vegan?) and that pretty much but vegetarian Dan to bed for me. (though as a vegetarian - who has finally conceded to her lactose intolerance - I would be v happy if he turned out to be one)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
DatCog
blobfish

Dan's new Twitter pic...wasn't sure if he could top last years but I think he's managed it!