Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
casualIDBstalker
drama llama

lilabet wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:13 pm
casualIDBstalker wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:03 pm Anyone else missing a Dan & Colin photo this year? It would be the best Birthday/Christmas present for me cuz I'm all alone today. 😕
Thank you, don't know how I managed to miss that, I was just on Twitter. 😞

Amiaw wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:10 pm
casualIDBstalker wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:03 pm Anyone else missing a Dan & Colin photo this year? It would be the best Birthday/Christmas present for me cuz I'm all alone today. 😕
Unless he’s not with Colin.......

Onto the bloops - same reaction as everyone else- I don’t know what I just watched and I don’t know how to feel but I think I loved them
That thought did cross my mind! 😉
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Happy Christmas/Holidays to everyone! Bloopers were an incredible mess. I can't get over the ditty meme. Dan had to sit there filming the computer screen playing the clip in slow-motion. Iconic, a perfect end to the least on-brand AmazingPhil meme.
George
sad dimple

Quality content.

Honestly, they should have just uploaded this in the fist place instead of the actual Pinof 9. I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoyed this way more. The best video of the whole December.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
malday
emo goose

I think i still prefer the bloopers from last year more, but this was hilarious, a wild ending to a wild deppy year! :festivedeppy:

Hope everyone is surviving the holiday season well!
quercussp
living flop

the bloopers made my mind go blank and then made me scream for 5 minutes. i didn't know what i expected, but this was beyond everything i anticipated. i love everything right now.
so_cheesy
butt chair

I totally agree with @relatablemood 's comment and I wanted to mention this, too. Some part of the (especially tumblr) phandom is starting to get somewhat obnoxious about DP possibly being in a relationship and sh*tting on people who aren't 100% sold on the idea, like it's a life or death fight against "antis" and everybody needs to hear The Truth and SEE!!! Don't get me wrong, I think they're together too, they are *really* hinting it... But people do need to calm down a bit. I feel like this is a vicious circle and partly a reason why they don't come out properly - the phandom has a tendency to freak out too much and act really immature...
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

so many mixed signals is all i got from that vid

that last part tho... idk if I love it or hate it
000dia000
emo goose

I feel that the pen moment would have had a crazy reaction if it was two years ago, we're so spoiled. I loved the video, I haven't really caught up with their last few gaming videos as they became a bit boring, so I was pleasantly surprised that I was enjoying it so much. It's a mess, but it's what I like from them. Merry Christmas everyone.
:cactus:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Not to quickly get swept up in immediate post upload hype but idk what a blooper is, these were the best parts. THIS IS ART. :stan: :stan: :stan:

Commentary even tho I'm tired:
- Less than 10 seconds in and Dan is already yelling about something.
- "I don't want this to be demonetized from YouTube." Capita£ester's worst nightmare.
- "Whisk me daddy." "No not this year." Looking forward to PINOF10 :ribena:
- Can we talk about Phil gently holding Dan's face when critiquing his lopsided whiskers? Life is nice on the bottom of this trash can. :philtrash:
- I had the same reaction to Phil's belt noise story as Dan tbh. Full scale of emotions.
- Giggly natural voiced conversations about something not going in?? The content I signed up for tbh.
- Them watching the Riverdale clip and laughing is so cute. Helps me imagine how they watch TV together :loveeyes:
- Dan's song about being a hoe because of the holes in his jeans reminds me off the iconic I Like Bananas clip
- Phil is an evil mastermind.
- #spon fail
- Phil is an evil mastermind x2, except this time he drags us into Dan's misery as well.
- Dan makes fun of Phil's selfie which all the Phillies creamed themselves over. Irony.
- Dan: blahblah social issues and politics Phil: NOOOOOO. Accurate.
- 911 I just got ATTACKED by original pinof flashbacks during the french part.
- Phil has a weird penis. :dildo:
- Dan is not familiar with that bed.
- I think Dan just found his own potential murder weapon with that trowel.
- They're so happy about the pen thing, these soft losers... :love2:
- "BACK IT UP."
- Dan's squeaky laugh at Phil's pose is some of the most relatable content he has ever made.
- Philussy :dead:

What a blissful mess. They seemed so happy and soft :garbage: Definitely one of my fav PINOF related videos ever.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

so_cheesy wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:04 pm I totally agree with @relatablemood 's comment and I wanted to mention this, too. Some part of the (especially tumblr) phandom is starting to get somewhat obnoxious about DP possibly being in a relationship and sh*tting on people who aren't 100% sold on the idea, like it's a life or death fight against "antis" and everybody needs to hear The Truth and SEE!!! Don't get me wrong, I think they're together too, they are *really* hinting it... But people do need to calm down a bit. I feel like this is a vicious circle and partly a reason why they don't come out properly - the phandom has a tendency to freak out too much and act really immature...
hey, i'm glad to hear that others feel the same way. i'm not sure if they're being obnoxicous...maybe high on the feeling of being right? i know i felt triumphant and stuff when my biggest ship to date (alison and emily on pretty little liars) was made canon. but it does need to stop no matter what their reasons are. no wonder some antis can get so aggressive, i might feel the same way if i read patronising posts like that.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
aleanna
glabella

Wat.

Seriously, though, that was amazing. I loved the face hold.

The ditty at the end killed me. I can't even with Philussy...

:rofl:
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
auri
Pronouns: they/them

Pinof bloopers gave my life a meaning again. I havenothing original to say but goddamnit boys, ily.

(also can someone explain to this non-native english speaker what tf "philussy" is all about? Is it a pun? Of what? I don't get it lol. I also don't get the "one thicc bih" thing, but might just be that i don't know The Memes™)
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

The whole “pen-is up my butt” haha yes boys come at us with the innuendos, this is what I’m here for.

Personally I found pinof9 kinda boring (I’m a little over it tbh) and the bloopers were good (but not as good as last years) but I’m ready for the whole thing to be over now. I wouldn’t be upset if they didn’t make a pinof10.

Also, I am kinda sad that there was no Dan picture on Christmas Day, there’s usually something but this year nothing. I hope he’s had a nice day in the Isle of Man.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

I loved these bloopers oh my god, Merry Christmas to me :festivedeppy: very soft and natural, and I was laughing audibly at certain parts. Plus the face holding in the beginning- sign me up :stan:

Other cute moments: how Phil went in to choke Dan after he called him a spork, but there was a quick jump cut away from that. and how Dan called Phil's selfie "smoldering". and how Dan's sneeze physically shook the camera. ...let's just say I was pausing every 10-20 seconds to collect myself. This is definitely getting rewatched in the future :love2:
auri wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:45 pm (also can someone explain to this non-native english speaker what tf "philussy" is all about? Is it a pun? Of what? I don't get it lol. I also don't get the "one thicc bih" thing, but might just be that i don't know The Memes™)
Philussy is a play on words: a combination of the words "Phil" and "pussy", which can mean cat but doesn't in this context (that's all I'll say lol). "One thicc bih" = "one thick b*tch", thick meaning more full-figured. The whole meme is based of Ditty, look it up on YouTube and you'll see examples
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
droopy

whelpkeeper wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:59 pm
auri wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:45 pm (also can someone explain to this non-native english speaker what tf "philussy" is all about? Is it a pun? Of what? I don't get it lol. I also don't get the "one thicc bih" thing, but might just be that i don't know The Memes™)
Philussy is a play on words: a combination of the words "Phil" and "pussy", which can mean cat but doesn't in this context (that's all I'll say lol). "One thicc bih" = "one thick b*tch", thick meaning more full-figured. The whole meme is based of Ditty, look it up on YouTube and you'll see examples
whelpkeeper's explanation is spot-on, I just wanted to add that the point of combining the words is to make it possessive; so, the pussy belongs to whatever word it's being combined with. It's actually a pretty crude meme, so I think people might be hesitant to give a more blunt explanation on a public forum. Or maybe not, maybe it's just me. :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

droopy wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:18 pm
whelpkeeper wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:59 pm
whelpkeeper's explanation is spot-on, I just wanted to add that the point of combining the words is to make it possessive; so, the pussy belongs to whatever word it's being combined with. It's actually a pretty crude meme, so I think people might be hesitant to give a more blunt explanation on a public forum. Or maybe not, maybe it's just me. :lol:
The whole takeaway from this is that Dan dedicated actual time of his life to making a meme video about Phil's ass/asshole.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

it was uploaded when i was in a loud car so i know i haven't picked up on everything and will need to rewatch, but two things that caught my attention were
1. all the big laughs and smiles, and also
2. phil's little story about his dad and the belt. it stood out to me because, one: same, and two: i know that he was jokey with it, but i would've never expected him to share something like that. he's talked about his dad wanting him to be a "real man" before, but this seemed different. (and, also, just a disclaimer: i know that stuff like that is pretty common(unfortunately) and that his dad never did hit him with the belt, i just found it noteworthy)
sparkle
blobfish

so_cheesy wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:04 pm I totally agree with @relatablemood 's comment and I wanted to mention this, too. Some part of the (especially tumblr) phandom is starting to get somewhat obnoxious about DP possibly being in a relationship and sh*tting on people who aren't 100% sold on the idea, like it's a life or death fight against "antis" and everybody needs to hear The Truth and SEE!!! Don't get me wrong, I think they're together too, they are *really* hinting it... But people do need to calm down a bit. I feel like this is a vicious circle and partly a reason why they don't come out properly - the phandom has a tendency to freak out too much and act really immature...
Ironically, I'm currently torn between 'omg they're together and trying to tell us without it being obvious' and 'give the people what they want = this is what people want and they're just best buds playing along'. I hate my brain sometimes, and it doesn't help one of my closest friends is squarely in the anti camp. But then I think about what'd've happened if this had've been uploaded in 2014 - I think I'd have actually died. That entire video was the opposite of this - :2012:

ANYWAYS - more on the bloopers video :stan: :garbage: :garbage:
Holy shit that was genuinely in the top 5 of my christmas presents. I was CRYING laughing. I am truly blessed, what a time to be alive! 2018 is going to be fucking amazing. Making penis jokes, specifically Phil having a weird shaped one - I will be signing my soul over to them in May in order for them to keep making this content. Like whatever has happened to the two of them this year, especially fucking Phil, I am fully supportive. Also that trowel is about as used as that bed #JustSayin.

(also I can get on board with Dan still being in the IOM)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

sparkle wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:01 am
Ironically, I'm currently torn between 'omg they're together and trying to tell us without it being obvious' and 'give the people what they want = this is what people want and they're just best buds playing along'.
I think it's more along the lines of 'they're just living their lives in a way that feels comfortable to them, and in such a way that allows them to be themselves to a greater extent than they were once able to be whilst also drawing clear boundaries and maintaining privacy'. I don't really see their behaviour as calculated or a deliberate attempt to feed us tiny scraps of information or clues that hint toward them being in a relationship, but rather they've just loosened their boundaries and relaxed a little regarding their interactions with one another in comparison to a few years ago.

I think of it as less of a conspiracy theory (despite how fun conspiracy theories can be, and I won't pretend I'm not here for some of the more iconic theories lmao), or a scripted narrative with conscious end-goals or plot devices, and more of a natural progression between the two of them regarding the way they feel comfortable behaving on camera/what they are happy to share with us. I'd say there are probably several factors that have lead to their shift in behaviour - maturity that comes with age and experience and growing up emotionally being the main one.

So yeah, basically I don't think it's useful to think of it as 'what are they trying to tell us' because, while I have no doubt that they are 100% conscious/deliberate in what they choose to share with us, I don't believe their ultimate goal is to subtly come out to their most dedicated viewers, it's just to act as they naturally would in such a way that feels comfortable to them. Also disclaimer: I say this as someone who 100% believes they are together, I just don't think it's useful to envisage their shift in public behaviour as a structured narrative with a final end-goal of coming out or anything. Also this wasn't necessarily in response to just you, but more of a general input to a wider conversation :D

Also also the bloopers were brilliant, I preferred them to the main vid as usual :love2:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

captainspacecoat wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:39 am
Ironically, I'm currently torn between 'omg they're together and trying to tell us without it being obvious' and 'give the people what they want = this is what people want and they're just best buds playing along'.
I think it's more along the lines of 'they're just living their lives in a way that feels comfortable to them, and in such a way that allows them to be themselves to a greater extent than they were once able to be whilst also drawing clear boundaries and maintaining privacy'. I don't really see their behaviour as calculated or a deliberate attempt to feed us tiny scraps of information or clues that hint toward them being in a relationship, but rather they've just loosened their boundaries and relaxed a little regarding their interactions with one another in comparison to a few years ago.
Absolutely agree with this. I think that as they show more we will understand/be aware of more, but that doesn't mean they're showing more for the actual purpose of us understanding more. And even when things do feel a bit more pointed - like Cornelia posting the instagram - I don't think that's a hint for us to figure out they were together just as some kind of mindfuck or game they get a kick out of playing with us. I think moves like that are done in a way to try and maintain control over their own narrative as far as we're concerned, which ultimately I also just think is for their own comfort and boundary drawing.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:20 am
captainspacecoat wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:39 am
Absolutely agree with this. I think that as they show more we will understand/be aware of more, but that doesn't mean they're showing more for the actual purpose of us understanding more. And even when things do feel a bit more pointed - like Cornelia posting the instagram - I don't think that's a hint for us to figure out they were together just as some kind of mindfuck or game they get a kick out of playing with us. I think moves like that are done in a way to try and maintain control over their own narrative as far as we're concerned, which ultimately I also just think is for their own comfort and boundary drawing.
i have to agree, and i also find it interesting to bring this up because dan and phil are so interesting as internet personalities, at least when compared to most vloggers. most popular vloggers are private people, and perhaps share 'large' personal bits of their lives, such as alife and zoe being quite open about their relationship and the lifestyle they lead (as a result of, but also without, youtube being their jobs). something so interesting about deppy is that they are so so private about the daily lives they lead, but they feel so much more personal than most vloggers. it feels like they share more, and often like they could be a friend, not just a person on a screen. imo they're really great storytellers, who are able to embellish parts of their lives slightly to make great anecdotes and create the characters of dan and phil. idk if i'm just pointing about the obvious that has been discussed here a lot.

but tying into the bit that i highlighted in dizzy's post, seeing them grow over the years into being more and more comfortable with 'loosening' the boundaries they put up initially and sharing bits of their lives we wouldn't have imagined they would share even 2 years ago is really worth noting. i wouldn't say that they're shedding their characters, so to speak, but i think a lot of what they do and how their lives (and jobs, of course) function online is rapidly changing, and they have to adapt to fit it. while they may be letting more personal things "slide" into viewers interpretations of them, i think they're being more firm with how they want to interact with us, and setting boundaries that i believe to be more subtle. i think a lot of their interactions with each other and their environments get 'lost in translation' as viewers take things and run with them, so i love the idea with they're sharing what is essentially more of their personal lives (which sort of respects the intelligence of the viewer bc i mean who didn't think dan was with phil on iom before we had proof lol, but of course they don't really owe us anythig in that realm of sharing; i just find it cool that they choose to do so), but, as dizzy said, they're still controlling their own lives and making sure it's still in their control.

soz this is long and idk if it makes sense bc i feel like i pulled it out of my ass, and i'm a little post-xmas dinner tipsy so whoops haha
kalli
butt chair

Ahhh, I always find myself enjoying the bloopers so much more than the actual pinof videos. I hope they continue to upload them on Christmas in future years, it makes such a nice gift :love2:

No picture with Colin is v suspitches... If they are seeing each other over the holidays, the annual selfie would be greatly appreciated. I need updates on my favourite member of the Howell family :dog:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

pinof blooper timestamps!

:10 - Where the pen is? I love Phil cracking up at Dan's melodrama.
:17 - Jumpcut from Phil saying "pen is gone" to Phil leaning over and looking down, I guess realizing the pen was under Dan's butt.
:20 - "Pen is under my butt." Phil says 'right' then there's another jumpcut and Phil makes the joke about being demonetized. What did you cut out, Danny boy.
:40 - Whisk me, daddy. Phil says, "Not this year." Then overexplains.
:52 - Face cupping, wow, I'm trash.
1:07 - Dan trolling Phil by making tiny little marks on his nose. I love? Phil's giggles? Dan's snort? All of it?
1:14 - Dan asking Phil how often he washes his sheets, after he smells Phil's pillow.
1:12 - Dan's grin at "Nothing below the belt."
1:25 - Keys in a bowl. Mm what kinda parties you going to, boys?
1:48 - Dan's most recent text; something about working pain places, massage related?
2:25 - Sometimes I read Dan calling Phil 'spork' in fic and think it's cheesy and then I remember Dan actually does that.
3:10 - Tie fight. Phil: "I'm trying to submit!"
3:15 - Phil saying when he was bad his dad would snap a belt to scare him into behaving.
3:29 - Phil saying they won't include that. Such natural voice ugh I love it.
3:39 - Dan's face when he catches Phil trying to cheat.
3:44 - Oh my god I would watch a livestream of them watching television.
3:57 - Phil telling Dan, "You could do that." Cute.
4:33 - Dan's little song. Cute cute cute.
5:03 - #apon
5:20 - Dan asking Phil why he didn't post his smouldering picture.
6:00 - Phil interrupting Dan's boring question by shaking him and then poking his back.
6:36 - The extended cut of Phil scaring Dan is so cute, how Phil dips his head down to look at Dan. How do they make each other smile so much.
7:02 - Phil asking Dan where he wants it while pointing the sharpie at Dan's dick.
7:10 - Phil gently teasing Dan with the Popeye remark, followed immediately by Phil asking Dan if he's drawing a penis.
7:30 - Phil smushing bread on Phil's face.
7:34 - The one thing we can completely rule out is that Dan spends actual time in Phil's room/in Phil's bed, based on his reaction to finding out the bed is wooden.
8:22 - Tip duel.
8:33 - Oh my god they're so excited about the tips touching. Is this how they react irl when they pass a hard level of a game or something?
8:46 - Fursonas.
9:12 - Dan's squeaky little giggles. He really, really loved this question, didn't he. All hail @kuensukki for not only gracing us with so much good Phil analysis but also prompting the best Phil ass moment ever.
9:25 - Philussy diddy. Because the world needed that. Thanks, Dan.
DatCog
blobfish

Thanks for the excellent timestamps Dizzy! I really loved the bloops and they were probably my favourite content from the whole of December and definitely worth repeat viewing. I wonder when we'll next see anything from the boys? I'm also a bit sad we didn't get any Colin pics this year but hopefully there's still a slim chance Dan might post some before he heads home.
freedom to obey
smol bean

I especially loved Dan's tip duel comment: And that was the... :mrgreen: lamest :mrgreen: reaction...

This is completely random, but does anybody happen to know from which of the older videos is the scene where they're whispering in each other's ears. Dan is pretty stoic about it, while Phil jumps away, makes a grimace any says "I don't like it"?