Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kalli
butt chair

YAAAASSSS I love brockhampton and I've been so curious as to whether Dan was a fan too :stan:

They released 3 albums in 2017 which are all easily in my top 5 faves of the year. STAR, FACE, JUNKY, JELLO, BLEACH, ZIPPER, BOOGIE and HOTTIE are the standout tracks for me, and SATURATION III is my favourite of the trilogy. My emo ass would probably put AWKOHAWNOH by Pvris and Waiting for Morning to Come by Being As An Ocean in the other two spots of my top 5, with an honourable mention to Kendrick's DAMN. Chanel by Frank Ocean is also one of my favourite pieces of music to come from 2017 and deserves to mentioned even though it's a standalone single.

I always enjoy when Dan talks about music in live shows and I've spent a lot of time listening to his 2015 Radio 1 playlist, so to second alittledizzy, I would love for Dan to share a playlist of his favourites songs in addition to his yearly favourite albums tweet.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Totally off topic but just want to say to everyone HAPPY NEW YEAR. thanks for making 2017 so fun on IDB and here’s to 2018 being even more fun!

:newyear: :newyear: :newyear:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
realeyesrealize
living flop

Also, happy new year everyone! <3

Edit:
Last edited by realeyesrealize on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
sparkle
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:00 pm This is cool but I find myself wishing he'd just do a playlist. I enjoy knowing what individual songs appeal to him more than just whole albums.
+1 to Melodrama - I spent the ENTIRE year being so hyped for Beautiful Trauma by P!nk (mainly because I've loved P!nk for about 15 years but also because if you don't think The Truth About Love is one of the best albums ever you're lying to yourself) and I was expecting it to be my favourite album of the year; only to have it completely eclipsed by Lorde. I'm not even mad, I only listened to it because Dan recommended it and I'm obsessed by it.

Also Happy New Year from England! :newyear: :rainbowsparkle: :newyear: thank you all for basically existing and putting up with my determination that Dan and Phil were getting married last August :rofl: and thank you for being in my happy corner of the internet <3

edited because I cant fucking spell
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

realeyesrealize wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:34 am Edit:
Aw, there's our Dan.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Happy belated New Years from Australia!! We're currently 12 hours into 2018 in my timezone and I woke up to discover that drunk me decided it would be a good idea to put glitter in my hair (why.) - I hope everyone had/has a lovely NYE and that this year is amazing for us all! Thanks for being such a bright spot in my 2017, I really do have such a soft spot in my heart for this forum <3

Also I loved reading all Dan's tweets about music, he has great taste in my opinion. Lorde and Tyler the Creator are def in my top 5, and I also loved his support for Kesha :') And his response to the tweet about Eminem was hilarious :lol:

I'm excited to see what this year brings in the world of Dan and Phil (hopefully not too much of a content drought), and most of all I hope that everyone reading this has the best year of their lives so far :love1: :love1: :love1:
nerdysporks
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her or they/them

Happy New years!!!

Anyone have a clue what the "32 minutes" thing everyone is talking about is?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

nerdysporks wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:00 am Happy New years!!!

Anyone have a clue what the "32 minutes" thing everyone is talking about is?
Are people referring to how long it took Dan and Phil (well, Phil) to tweet out something about the new year?
alien
procrastinator

I almost don't even want to ask this but where does the bear reference involving Dan come from? I've seen it mostly on tumblr but idk why it's a thing.

also happy new year I've still got hours to go but :sparkle:

edit because I just saw Nathan Zed's instagram post and his dnp selfie made it into his 9 most liked pics of 2017 :love2:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alien wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:18 am I almost don't even want to ask this but where does the bear reference involving Dan come from? I've seen it mostly on tumblr but idk why it's a thing.
That one's straight from Dan himself. :)

katemko
delia smith

one of my favorite things to watch on phandom twitter is everyone waiting around for videos or tweets from them. everyone slowly getting more and more annoyed is so funny.
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.
alien
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:24 am
alien wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:18 am I almost don't even want to ask this but where does the bear reference involving Dan come from? I've seen it mostly on tumblr but idk why it's a thing.
That one's straight from Dan himself. :)

Thank you, I don't think I have it in me to press play but I appreciate having the answer now lol
Ablissa
pastel persona

Happy New Year IDB! :newyear:
I'm so happy I found this forum and appreciate all of you immensely! IDB is not just the best place for talking about Dan and Phil, it's the best community I've ever been part of. I hope you have a fantastic 2018! :love1:

To not make this totally offtopic, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Dan liveshow soon (or Phil, for that matter), I want to know what they've been up to. :D
karma_yeah
philussy

:newyear: :newyear: Hi everyone! Just wanted to say Happy New Year's :newyear: :newyear:

My hope for everyone on IDB is that 2018 will be a healthier, happier (and more equitable) year, and that :deppy: have a fantastic and successful tour.

(and that they plan ahead and minimize tour drought) :ribena:
What goes around, comes around Image
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Technically, I've still got a few hours of 2017 left, but HAPPY NEW YEAR IDB!
I've been here for only a few months but I think it's a great community full of wonderful people.

Let's hope 2018 will be a little less terrible.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

:sparkle: :newyear: *insert generic New Year's greeting here* :newyear: :sparkle:

So glad this is the year I found this forum, you guys rock hella hardcore! :D
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Thanks for the great year, IDB! (oh and i guess dnp too lol). When will we find out how much money we raised for charity through the merch this month?
Also, my heart got all warm when Dan listed Perfume Genius' album, No Shape. Such a loving, queer album that is so dear to me, I loved that Dan found it a personal favorite of the year.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I'm jealous of anyone who has the deppy and dogs calendar. Your year is bound to be off to a great start viewing those lovelies!
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

happy new year buds, and happy new year to dip and dot. i've officially been watching these nerds for half my life - i was 11 when i found phil, and today i'm 22. i'm having some big feelings about that rn.

this year, i wish happiness & peace & progress for everyone everywhere. plus i wish for good tour vibes & better wifi for our boys, so the drought won't be as bad.
(also wish them a new, secure location and a dog, bc it's literally the year of the dog and my theory is they're moving out of this flat in spring)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm not great at being sappy, but IDB is one of the things I'm most proud of having been a part of in 2017. Thanks to every one of you reading this, and I hope you all have a fantastic new year. <3
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Happy New Year, IDB! :newyear: I already woke up to face the new year, but some of you are probably still celebrating.

2017 wasn't a good year for me. It definitely wasn't my worst one either, but I'm still very grateful of the cheering up that this community provided me even in the moments when I was too tired to emerge from lurkerdom. <3
swofro
angel bean

Happy New Year everyone! :newyear:
I hope everyone will have a great year in front of us. 2017 had been quite a rough year for me and lots of things had happened but I am glad that idb is still standing, I guess. :ribena:

I am glad I met you guys :platonic:
I am obsessed with a lot of things when I was young, but me being me, of course I don't have anyone to talk about it. I once named my diary Battousai The Slasher (of Samurai X) when I was 11, and every entry starts with dear Battousai. I cringe everytime I remember about it. I also makes a ten page comic about two warriors ala Dragon Ball that is so lame and I hope I will never see the comic ever again. At 12, I was obsessed with Eyeshield 21 and writes a slash fic in dialogue form (because obviously I can't really write well lol). I makes all my friends read it despite them having no interest in Eyeshield21. I am so lame.

On 2010, when my father finally hook up the house with wifi, I go to youtube for the first time after reading it from a magazine. I watched nerimon (eww) because he is on the front page, explaining about hung parliament. I can't understand what he said because I don't understand his accent so I move to charlieissocoollike and danisnotonfire who have (on my perspective) clearer pronunciation. I am not invested much in them to be honest so I just left youtube for awhile for tumblr.

I made tumblr on the first place to stalk a friend there. lol. There is where I find the concept of shipping. It is the first time I ever heard of the term (although it is not the first time I ship characters so to speak) and joins a fandom. I was a heavy dramione shipper and reblogs a lot of related contents. I do saw Sherlock gifs floating around and finds it funny but never actually seeks the show out.

I got busy with life so it is not until 2012 a friend ask me if I watch youtube that I remember I once watched this funny guys called danisnotonfire and charlieissocoollike and falls back into the madness. But I am also that one person who didn't have a smart phone so i didn't get notification from their vids or anything, which makes me sad now. I am not involved in the fandom and somehow never looks them up on tumblr? What did I actually do on tumblr, I have no idea.
Love is forever
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

sonicgreen wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:01 am Thanks for the great year, IDB! (oh and i guess dnp too lol). When will we find out how much money we raised for charity through the merch this month?
We will be calculating it all up this month and then once it's all finalised we will let you all know how much we raised :love2:

Why we are sorting that, there is one other thing to be occupied with today, and thats the IDB FORUM AWARDS RESULTS, I've just posted them! Hope you all enjoyed taking part :love2: :love2:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Happy New Year, everyone! :newyear:

I was very happy to have IDB as a respite and distraction throughout a rather dreadful year, and I enjoyed getting to know many of you better. :platonic: :lilheart:

Also, many thanks to all the mods for everything you've all done to not only make this forum possible but to keep it a safe and fun place to opine, vent, commiserate, and celebrate--and most of all talk about Deppy! <3
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

:newyear: Happy New Year sweeties! :newyear:

I went so soft on D&P in 2017 tbh, but whether my snark will return in 2018 or not thank you everyone for putting up with me. And thanks to those who didn't as well, y'all gave me a good laugh lmao. May 2018 be a good year for us in and out of the phandom :love2:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr