Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
katemko
delia smith
Pronouns: she/her

dan still hasn't tweeted asking for material for his "memes" video. who wants to bet he's gonna conveniently "forget" about it?

edit: top page AGAIN.
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.
kavat
pastel persona

The 2 flat theory has never convinced me. They said it was a duplex, so it makes sense that it would have interior stairs. Their old flat also had interior stairs. Different flooring is also not evidence to me, its not unusual to have different types of floor in one apartment. I could be convinced that it was two different flats that has been connected and that one part is designed as an office area with it's own kitchen. The bottom floors might also be part of an older building with a newer level added, or old attic spaces remade into living spaces (pretty common here in stockholm). I mean they're rich, needed storage and somewhat to work from home, so a large flat with many rooms and levels makes total sense to me.

We probably won't know for sure until they move again and I'm fine with that. They wanted to keep this place more private such they have (but maybe they didn't think about the speculations that would come with that :) )

Edit: it might also be split on two ground levels which would explain two intercoms. As in one side of the building is lower than the other. A friend of mine lives on the second floor but has a terrace on the ground. Not sure how common those are in London though.
DatCog
blobfish

2 Flat Theory waffle - put under spoiler so those who don't like this topic can easily ignore!
I was originally very much against the 2 flat theory, I really couldn't get my head around why they would rent two extortionately priced apartments in London, just to have basically 2 additional rooms for filming (& Dan's corner). However, I do now think that they are indeed doing this! The flooring is the big giveaway and is the reason why I changed my mind. When I saw that the area at the bottom of their stairs still had the wooden floor and not the tile as I had expected, thinking that the gaming room and Phil's room were on that level, I thought there had to be 2 flats. These are purpose built, high-end apartments, they aren't going to have a mixture of floorings, doors etc. I also think that it makes no sense to have 2 full-sized kitchens in one apartment!

I reckon they have a duplex (self-contained flat over 2 floors), probably at the top of the building because there's a skylight, which has the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner and stairs down to bedrooms and bathrooms, one of which is Dan's moon room with ensuite.

The second flat I think is probably all on one level, all white tiled floors and darker wooden doors. This has the baking kitchen, gaming room (officially the master bedroom with ensuite), Phil's bedroom, another bathroom, slounge and Dan's filming corner (probably designed as a dining room/study). I'd be surprised if this second flat was in a different building because of them not wanting to go outside if they can avoid it, although it does have a different feel about it and seems much darker.

As autumnhearth has already said, I don't think they originally planned to show us anything much of the duplex but, for a variety of reasons, it became easier for them to start using those spaces more. I think they live together in the duplex and use the other flat for work purposes only!
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

blackdenim wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:41 am I’m sorry if discussing the layout makes others feel uncomfortable that’s not my intention! I would never use the information to try and track them down, and I’m not out here trying to find out where they live either: I’m just fascinated by the layout (and want to be proved correct if I’m being totally honest!) And to be honest I don’t feel it’s any more intrusive than some of the stuff we talk about on here (about the more “intimate” details of their relationship, tour sleeping arrangements, etc) but I will definitely stop if it really bothers people or is against any rules?!
Not against any rules, to clarify further - things they share with us are fair game to discuss. flat layout was just as talked about in their old place, it's natural to be curious. what we will be moderating (and issuing individual warnings over, if people continue to ignore Rule 2) is posting of information that Dan and Phil have not shared themselves and which could reasonably lead to an invasion of their privacy, safety and security. at the moment that would be any information that implies you've found where they currently live (or asking for others to direct you to that information).

the radio showwwww :wahh:

everyone has made excellent points. i agree it's totally about creative control, and being paid comparably to what they're able to bring in from other venture types; otherwise it would be a compromise. i also agree i don't think they'd get either of those back should they rejoin in a 'dan and phil show' type capacity, again, in a way that would tempt them. just a gut feeling i (and some of you apparently) have regarding them and 'going backwards'. but you know what, it cannot be ignored that revenue from youtube alone isn't as viable as it once was. so the same points may still apply, and the radio may offer them what they want once again should the environment continue to change.
Catallena wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:53 am I'd like for them to go back to the radio. They weren't good DJ's by any means and they relied too heavily on the in studio cameras (which probably turned off normal listeners) because that's what they were used to, but it was fun. I don't think it'll happen though, too many things happened. I don't think D&P were able to bring a permanent younger audience to R1 who didn't nope out after their show was done, their self produced baby Internet Takeover was a bit of a flop, and they were just really expensive.
hurts me to say because i thought they were so good at the roles, but you're right. the Monday show as opposed to the Sunday show was a format i think was more appealing (mostly due to Dan's music taste being very current and diverse, lets be honest) to a wider audience, but it lost the charm of the call-ins and the more nutty and spontaneous challenges filmed outside in the corridors. again, i agree that didn't translate well to audio-only listeners.

what a time it was, though. getting my proxy ready and watching it live with friends online was a thrill. witnessing them having to think on their toes and work in a live production team, and also behave largely as Phil and Dan, adult men who were often pretty relaxed discussing their domestic life together (which at the time was not happening in their online content as much) and having fun being cheeky with it and pushing the envelope, as opposed to Dan and Phil™, the edited brand. they were both genuinely spontaneously witty without yelling or crudeness or jumpcuts. in a somewhat creepy observational (not sexualising) way i miss watching them move around, full-body shot. gives a totally different energy to the viewing experience. i miss watching them bop along and dance and mouth along to words between songs and whisper things to each other for the next segment. the gaming livestreams and regular joint livestreams come close but are not the really same. not better or worse, just a different kettle of fish.

all the little regular segments they put together that were born from Super Amazing Project were more creative than they are now, in their main channel videos. that's what i liked about the books and the tour, we continued to see them try different things, and that's what i look forward to this year, too.
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 pm I posted this over in About This Forum, but just in case people don't check there often - a final update on our fundraising effort for December! I'm happy to report that between Redbubble shop sales and a few donations from lovely people, we raised $210 in December! Half of this will go towards maintaining the forum for 2018 - which includes domain registration and monthly hosting fees.

The other half (which equates to £78) has been donated to Young Minds, the charity that received the most votes in our donation selection poll.

We cannot thank you guys enough. Hope you are all enjoying your mugs and stickers and whatever else you bought, while knowing your money went to something worthwhile!
YES! i hope everyone is proud of themselves. great charity, amazing effort in only a month. gives me the warm and fuzzies :love2:

if anyone who bought some hasn't posted a pic of their IDB merch yet we still wanna seeeee.
art in avatar by lily
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

katemko wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:01 am dan still hasn't tweeted asking for material for his "memes" video. who wants to bet he's gonna conveniently "forget" about it?
I think it might still be too early, last year's 2016 memes video wasn't posted until January 14th. I can't remember how long it was before the video was uploaded that he asked for memes, but I imagine it can't have been more than a few days. I feel like he and Phil both consider themselves to be on holidays still, and will likely do so for at least a couple more days. Phil's first video of 2016 was posted on January 12th, and the first gaming video of 2016 wasn't uploaded until January 20th, so I imagine we still have a while to wait until the gaming channel returns as well :/

All this talk of the radio show is making me emotional :') I discovered Dan and Phil about three weeks before their very first show of 2013, and and it was such an exciting time. I was still in such a haze of discovering so many things about them (I think the phan timeline was being set up right around that time lmao), and it was summer in Australia so I was off school, and it was just such a great time. I never managed to catch them live because of timezones but I'd come home from school on Mondays and catch up (I think the BBC used to upload them to youtube? Or someone did, I can't remember), and it was such a lovely tradition. I will always remember those early days of the radio so fondly, as they honestly got me through one of the most difficult years of my life.

Having said that, I don't see them returning to the radio, at least not in the same format as before :(
dancy
procrastinator

Last year Dan asked for memes on January 9th, so it's not strange that he hasn't done it yet this year.

Re: radio show, I didn't watch D&P when the radio show was a thing, so I'm not that attached to it, nor do I completely understand how it worked. I've seen clips though and it seemed like something fun to follow! However, I can't really imagine them going back to it, especially not anytime soon since they've already got a lot going on. Youtube isn't their only source of income (and I don’t believe they are all that affected by demonetization, as opposed to lots of smaller creators), so I can't see them doing it for the money either. There's YouNow, merch, conventions, tour tickets etc.

Re: two flat theory, I wasn't on board with this at first but now I kinda am. Either that or they've got three floors, one of which looks quite different as opposed to the two above it for some reason and that they don't seem to use at all besides filming purposes, going by the fact that it doesn't look lived in and almost all the random pictures at home they've posted since they moved in are from the rooms with light brown floors. I don't think we'll ever know for sure.
sentinel
lady door

Just passing by to talk about the 2 flat theory. My grandmother's apartment used to be a two-story flat with a separate, smaller unit on top of it that was supposed to be for the help. The whole thing functioned as two separate, but connected units. The helps apartment had it's own living facilities, bell and entrance so that live ins could go in and out and have guests without disturbing the family living in the main part. The building it is in was build before the war. I'm not sure how much of the pre-war construction is left in London, but if they live in an older style building, this could be a reason why the whole thing doesn't seem very coherent.
fancybum
senpai

sentinel wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:06 pm Just passing by to talk about the 2 flat theory. My grandmother's apartment used to be a two-story flat with a separate, smaller unit on top of it that was supposed to be for the help. The whole thing functioned as two separate, but connected units. The helps apartment had it's own living facilities, bell and entrance so that live ins could go in and out and have guests without disturbing the family living in the main part. The building it is in was build before the war. I'm not sure how much of the pre-war construction is left in London, but if they live in an older style building, this could be a reason why the whole thing doesn't seem very coherent.
I’m choosing to read this as a revelation that Dan is just the live-in help. I know people could make the argument that it’s Phil because he got the smaller room but. It’s Dan. Phil is just a magnanimous Lord.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Ablissa
pastel persona

fancybum wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:15 pm I’m choosing to read this as a revelation that Dan is just the live-in help. I know people could make the argument that it’s Phil because he got the smaller room but. It’s Dan. Phil is just a magnanimous Lord.
This is a good theory to begin the new year with. Phil hired Dan all those years ago as a live-in help and nanny to his future children (with Janice and/or Sabrina). Everything makes sense now. :thumb:
fancybum
senpai

Ablissa wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:35 pm
fancybum wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:15 pm I’m choosing to read this as a revelation that Dan is just the live-in help. I know people could make the argument that it’s Phil because he got the smaller room but. It’s Dan. Phil is just a magnanimous Lord.
This is a good theory to begin the new year with. Phil hired Dan all those years ago as a live-in help and nanny to his future children (with Janice and/or Sabrina). Everything makes sense now. :thumb:
Finally all the pieces are falling into place. Side note: can somebody please write Dan Eyre immediately, the story practically writes itself. Class guilt blurring lines between generosity and.. forbidden love? Dun dun dunnn etc. Sabrina and Janice can have their own lesbian spinoff and joint custody, happy endings for everyone!
(I mean, “Viewer, I married him”?! Come on!)

Side side note: Odds on a Phil liveshow on Thursday..? To save us all from entirely losing our minds? Or is the entire first week of January a write off.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I could buy this theory but about Phil and not Dan. We know Phil always answers the door and does the cooking. He also empties mop buckets and makes Dan tea.

Cinderella watch out....
Ablissa
pastel persona

fancybum wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:53 pm
Ablissa wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:35 pm
Finally all the pieces are falling into place. Side note: can somebody please write Dan Eyre immediately, the story practically writes itself. Class guilt blurring lines between generosity and.. forbidden love? Dun dun dunnn etc. Sabrina and Janice can have their own lesbian spinoff and joint custody, happy endings for everyone!
(I mean, “Viewer, I married him”?! Come on!)

Side side note: Odds on a Phil liveshow on Thursday..? To save us all from entirely losing our minds? Or is the entire first week of January a write off.
I've already been wanting to write a phan Emma AU and Pride and Prejudice AU... Time to add this one to my never-written list of dreams.
Amiaw wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:58 pm I could buy this theory but about Phil and not Dan. We know Phil always answers the door and does the cooking. He also empties mop buckets and makes Dan tea.

Cinderella watch out....
Or it's just a part of their contract to make it seem like Phil is the helpful, hard working one and Dan is doing nothing. The reality might be that Dan is emptying the buckets while Phil is producing new ways to #spon merch and working on his third child with Janice. There's a bigger intrigue at play here.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Upon reading that Dan didn't put up his request for memes until the 9th of last year, I'm now revising my theory and expecting absolutely nothing from either of them this week. Maybe the Dan tweet over the weekend, that actual video next week, gaming video by next weekend?
fancybum
senpai

Amiaw wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:58 pm I could buy this theory but about Phil and not Dan. We know Phil always answers the door and does the cooking. He also empties mop buckets and makes Dan tea.

Cinderella watch out....
Plot twist: the gas leak in their last place gave them some kind of amnesia and though they both remember that some kind of arrangement is in place, neither of them know what it is anymore. So they just do what the other one asks, thinking that's probably close enough and it's been too long now to just ask. So now they’re both the live-in help..
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

jhdaslkajk why am I amused at them doing a puzzle during their annual time off?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Puzzle thing is cute as fuck. I'm momentarily satisfied by the idea that they're spending the day doing that.
fancybum wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:55 pm

Cinderella watch out....
Plot twist: the gas leak in their last place gave them some kind of amnesia and though they both remember that some kind of arrangement is in place, neither of them know what it is anymore. So they just do what the other one asks, thinking that's probably close enough and it's been too long now to just ask. So now they’re both the live-in help..
aw shit I think you cracked it.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Catallena wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:03 pm jhdaslkajk why am I amused at them doing a puzzle during their annual time off?
That's so adorable but fuck I had a mini heart attack because I read "the dog" without seeing the image and it is a Phil tweet and jesus I almost died. Not exaggerating.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Ok I too am going crazy after a full month of content, but honestly they deserve the time off so I'm not upset in any way. I'm still out of school so I feel that its pretty fair that they're taking their time, lounging and puzzling. They have a world tour this year, hibernating for the holidays is nbd. also seconding Dizzy's opinion: puzzling- cute as fuck.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

This reads like such a Dan tweet to me :lol: . Maybe it's just the lack of punctuation... There's 280 characters now, no need to hold back those commas!
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

MY flat theory, which I think I've said before, is they are renting an apartment that was once two flats, but joined together. Like How Liz Lemon in 30 Rock built stairs to the condo above hers.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:41 pm This reads like such a Dan tweet to me :lol: . Maybe it's just the lack of punctuation... There's 280 characters now, no need to hold back those commas!
It really does! I always wonder how often they tweet/post something for one another. I’m sure after all these years they can easily nail one another’s online personas and their audience would be none the wiser. :lol:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Ewok wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:46 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:41 pm This reads like such a Dan tweet to me :lol: . Maybe it's just the lack of punctuation... There's 280 characters now, no need to hold back those commas!
It really does! I always wonder how often they tweet/post something for one another. I’m sure after all these years they can easily nail one another’s online personas and their audience would be none the wiser. :lol:
i can never forget when phil posted that reindeer kink tweet from dan's account and we had absolutely no idea until the second best fiends video came out :lol:
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

For those wondering if Dan was gonna adress the Logan Paul thing, he liked this tweet :
He also liked Phil's dog puzzle tweet (which was a 13/10 tweet btw, loved it). why do they spend their free time being cute and wholesome af together :love2:
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

AroboticPhil wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:13 pm For those wondering if Dan was gonna adress the Logan Paul thing, he liked this tweet :
He also liked Phil's dog puzzle tweet (which was a 13/10 tweet btw, loved it). why do they spend their free time being cute and wholesome af together :love2:
Yep! Just saw. Seems like that is his approach for this type of things (and politics, etc.) Like stuff and wait for us to see.
He also changed his icon and header!! I love them both his layout looks really cute.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Reading all the discussion about the radio show makes me miss it so much. Monday’s were so fun when they were on the radio, even if the website crashed so often. It makes me realise all the content we did actually get from them before the tour; frequent liveshows, videos and the radio show. I agree that the livestreams are nowhere near as good as separate liveshows and it’s a shame that 2018 has already started with Dan stopping his regular Tuesday night schedule and telling us he’s going to change the days around every week. This only means to me that by saying this he doesn’t need to commit to doing it every week - probably because they’ll be rehearsing a lot for the tour.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: