Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fancybum
senpai

missemma wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:06 pm Reading all the discussion about the radio show makes me miss it so much. Monday’s were so fun when they were on the radio, even if the website crashed so often. It makes me realise all the content we did actually get from them before the tour; frequent liveshows, videos and the radio show. I agree that the livestreams are nowhere near as good as separate liveshows and it’s a shame that 2018 has already started with Dan stopping his regular Tuesday night schedule and telling us he’s going to change the days around every week. This only means to me that by saying this he doesn’t need to commit to doing it every week - probably because they’ll be rehearsing a lot for the tour.
He never even said ‘every week’, did he? I thought he basically just said ‘no more Tues liveshows’ and he’d just let us know beforehand when he’s doing one, with no promise of any kind of regularity. They're my favourite Dan content too (if only because they were the most frequent and reliable) so this is going to be a tough year to be a fan, especially when I don’t get any irl payoff in exchange for the likely tour drought, sigh. If Phil doesn’t end up unscheduling his live shows too he better up the entertainment factor in them. 40 minutes of food talk will be way less charming when he’s all we get that ~week (imo).
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

fancybum wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:53 pm
Ablissa wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:35 pm
fancybum wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:15 pm I’m choosing to read this as a revelation that Dan is just the live-in help. I know people could make the argument that it’s Phil because he got the smaller room but. It’s Dan. Phil is just a magnanimous Lord.
This is a good theory to begin the new year with. Phil hired Dan all those years ago as a live-in help and nanny to his future children (with Janice and/or Sabrina). Everything makes sense now. :thumb:
Finally all the pieces are falling into place. Side note: can somebody please write Dan Eyre immediately, the story practically writes itself. Class guilt blurring lines between generosity and.. forbidden love? Dun dun dunnn etc. Sabrina and Janice can have their own lesbian spinoff and joint custody, happy endings for everyone!
(I mean, “Viewer, I married him”?! Come on!)
I've been working on almost this exact story (except that it's set in present day) since September when the two-flat theory first came up, and I'd like you to stop revealing my plot points before I've finished the story. ;)
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

Man, I wasn't feeling the drought before but now that my vacation has ended and I'm back to school its hitting me. I just want to come home to a dnp video :number1:
Regarding the 2 flat theory: I really wasn't buying it for a long time, but I'm coming around to the idea. Its just so hard for my broke ass to fathom renting 2 whole apartments! ah, to be rich. :lol:
yellowsubmarine wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:35 pm That's so adorable but fuck I had a mini heart attack because I read "the dog" without seeing the image and it is a Phil tweet and jesus I almost died. Not exaggerating.
Me too!
:lion: :prideflag:
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

Ablissa wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:05 pm
fancybum wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:53 pm
Ablissa wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:35 pm
This is a good theory to begin the new year with. Phil hired Dan all those years ago as a live-in help and nanny to his future children (with Janice and/or Sabrina). Everything makes sense now. :thumb:
Finally all the pieces are falling into place. Side note: can somebody please write Dan Eyre immediately, the story practically writes itself. Class guilt blurring lines between generosity and.. forbidden love? Dun dun dunnn etc. Sabrina and Janice can have their own lesbian spinoff and joint custody, happy endings for everyone!
(I mean, “Viewer, I married him”?! Come on!)

Side side note: Odds on a Phil liveshow on Thursday..? To save us all from entirely losing our minds? Or is the entire first week of January a write off.
I've already been wanting to write a phan Emma AU and Pride and Prejudice AU... Time to add this one to my never-written list of dreams.
Please, I need to know who is cast as who...

Also, I’m on the inhelp gasleak mishapmatchtheory.
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I didn't talk about it because as all of you had said it just gives more attention, but Nathan Zed (love him) just posted a response to that a*hole Logan Paul.
I know it's not D&P related so i'm going to hide it.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

kindofatrashcan wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:42 pm I didn't talk about it because as all of you had said it just gives more attention, but Nathan Zed (love him) just posted a response to that a*hole Logan Paul.
Thank you for sharing this, I'd never watched him before but after this video I watched few of his other videos -- he's great! (and super attractive :lol: ) I just subscribed
Is he known to be a deppy fan or something? I've seen people mention him on here before and he said Dan inspired him to rebrand.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
Ablissa
pastel persona

nøx wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:07 pm
Ablissa wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:05 pm I've already been wanting to write a phan Emma AU and Pride and Prejudice AU... Time to add this one to my never-written list of dreams.
Please, I need to know who is cast as who...

Also, I’m on the inhelp gasleak mishapmatchtheory.
:lol: :lol: Dan as Emma, Phil as Knightley and Dan as Elizabeth, Phil as Darcy. I'm not sure if Dan's personality would suit the matchmaking Emma did, though - I somehow feel like that would suit Phil better, but Dan's overall personality seems more suited for Emma.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

KatjaZoe wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:47 pm
kindofatrashcan wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:42 pm I didn't talk about it because as all of you had said it just gives more attention, but Nathan Zed (love him) just posted a response to that a*hole Logan Paul.
Thank you for sharing this, I'd never watched him before but after this video I watched few of his other videos -- he's great! (and super attractive :lol: ) I just subscribed
Is he known to be a deppy fan or something? I've seen people mention him on here before and he said Dan inspired him to rebrand.
He and Dan have a bit of mutual appreciation - Dan even mentioned wanting to collab with him at one point, which is like a god tier compliment in the world of Dan Howell now.

When I think of him and Dan and Phil I always think of this tweet after Vidcon 2016 when Nathan posted a pic with Dan and not Phil:
(But they all took a pic together in 2017 so I guess Dan introduced them. Or Phil just smiled pretty and stayed clueless.)

blackdenim
procrastinator

Thanks @mermaid blood for confirming the rules I'm glad I wasn't breaking any! :D
DatCog wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 am 2 Flat Theory waffle - put under spoiler so those who don't like this topic can easily ignore!
I was originally very much against the 2 flat theory, I really couldn't get my head around why they would rent two extortionately priced apartments in London, just to have basically 2 additional rooms for filming (& Dan's corner). However, I do now think that they are indeed doing this! The flooring is the big giveaway and is the reason why I changed my mind. When I saw that the area at the bottom of their stairs still had the wooden floor and not the tile as I had expected, thinking that the gaming room and Phil's room were on that level, I thought there had to be 2 flats. These are purpose built, high-end apartments, they aren't going to have a mixture of floorings, doors etc. I also think that it makes no sense to have 2 full-sized kitchens in one apartment!

I reckon they have a duplex (self-contained flat over 2 floors), probably at the top of the building because there's a skylight, which has the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner and stairs down to bedrooms and bathrooms, one of which is Dan's moon room with ensuite.

The second flat I think is probably all on one level, all white tiled floors and darker wooden doors. This has the baking kitchen, gaming room (officially the master bedroom with ensuite), Phil's bedroom, another bathroom, slounge and Dan's filming corner (probably designed as a dining room/study). I'd be surprised if this second flat was in a different building because of them not wanting to go outside if they can avoid it, although it does have a different feel about it and seems much darker.

As autumnhearth has already said, I don't think they originally planned to show us anything much of the duplex but, for a variety of reasons, it became easier for them to start using those spaces more. I think they live together in the duplex and use the other flat for work purposes only!
This is exactly my theory on the layout now. I think the two flats are in the same building even though the different colours of wood for the doors still confuses me, mainly because I imagine they'd have been spotted out and about a bit more than they have been if they were coming in and out of different buildings on a daily basis. And I imagine there is a second bedroom (either a spare room or Phil's actual bedroom, depending on your beliefs about Phan) in the duplex flat which we haven't seen.

It is extra, but if they couldn't find a place that had everything they wanted/needed AND all the storage space they were after, it makes sense. Maybe it was even the same price, or cheaper, than getting an office space if that was what they were thinking of doing at some point (for reference: I rent a desk in London - I literally just get a desk, some draws and a plug in a communal space with loads of other people, and I pay about £540 a month so imagine what 3 filming rooms might cost them in a proper office!) and it means they get a separate workplace without the hassle of having to go outside, essentially.

If it was me I'd be walking through the apartment building in my PJs the whole time... I wonder what their neighbours think!
apathy
sad dimple

blackdenim wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:19 pm This is exactly my theory on the layout now. I think the two flats are in the same building even though the different colours of wood for the doors still confuses me, mainly because I imagine they'd have been spotted out and about a bit more than they have been if they were coming in and out of different buildings on a daily basis. And I imagine there is a second bedroom (either a spare room or Phil's actual bedroom, depending on your beliefs about Phan) in the duplex flat which we haven't seen.

It is extra, but if they couldn't find a place that had everything they wanted/needed AND all the storage space they were after, it makes sense. Maybe it was even the same price, or cheaper, than getting an office space if that was what they were thinking of doing at some point (for reference: I rent a desk in London - I literally just get a desk, some draws and a plug in a communal space with loads of other people, and I pay about £540 a month so imagine what 3 filming rooms might cost them in a proper office!) and it means they get a separate workplace without the hassle of having to go outside, essentially.
I'm 100% behind this theory. :thumb: It makes sense that two flats would be easier to get everything they need in. We've seen 4 bedroom-sized areas (3 of which are big enough to fit a double bed). With the previous cracks & gas leaks, I'd imagine they'd prefer a newer building over an older one, or at least one better maintained. Wouldn't be surprised if they specifically wanted either ground level or an elevator to reduce the number of stairs. They may have also wanted to be in a specific area (without drills) and maybe near restaurants for all those takeaways. Plus it sounds like they were in a hurry, and shuffling all that around traveling. It just sounds like it'd be easier to go with two nearby flats, with the separation of work & life being good for both privacy and good mental balance, than trying to find everything in one. Good intentions anyway, but life and laziness, y'know.

(Also your desk costs almost twice what my 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath apartment costs. Small town life!)
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

blackdenim wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:19 pm Thanks @mermaid blood for confirming the rules I'm glad I wasn't breaking any! :D
DatCog wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 am 2 Flat Theory waffle - put under spoiler so those who don't like this topic can easily ignore!
I was originally very much against the 2 flat theory, I really couldn't get my head around why they would rent two extortionately priced apartments in London, just to have basically 2 additional rooms for filming (& Dan's corner). However, I do now think that they are indeed doing this! The flooring is the big giveaway and is the reason why I changed my mind. When I saw that the area at the bottom of their stairs still had the wooden floor and not the tile as I had expected, thinking that the gaming room and Phil's room were on that level, I thought there had to be 2 flats. These are purpose built, high-end apartments, they aren't going to have a mixture of floorings, doors etc. I also think that it makes no sense to have 2 full-sized kitchens in one apartment!

I reckon they have a duplex (self-contained flat over 2 floors), probably at the top of the building because there's a skylight, which has the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner and stairs down to bedrooms and bathrooms, one of which is Dan's moon room with ensuite.

The second flat I think is probably all on one level, all white tiled floors and darker wooden doors. This has the baking kitchen, gaming room (officially the master bedroom with ensuite), Phil's bedroom, another bathroom, slounge and Dan's filming corner (probably designed as a dining room/study). I'd be surprised if this second flat was in a different building because of them not wanting to go outside if they can avoid it, although it does have a different feel about it and seems much darker.

As autumnhearth has already said, I don't think they originally planned to show us anything much of the duplex but, for a variety of reasons, it became easier for them to start using those spaces more. I think they live together in the duplex and use the other flat for work purposes only!
This is exactly my theory on the layout now. I think the two flats are in the same building even though the different colours of wood for the doors still confuses me, mainly because I imagine they'd have been spotted out and about a bit more than they have been if they were coming in and out of different buildings on a daily basis. And I imagine there is a second bedroom (either a spare room or Phil's actual bedroom, depending on your beliefs about Phan) in the duplex flat which we haven't seen.

If it was me I'd be walking through the apartment building in my PJs the whole time... I wonder what their neighbours think!
Yeah - add me to the 2 flats, 1 building team. And I was firmly on the 1 weird flat team previously.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I love the live-in-help au idea especially the gas-leak-amnesia leading them to be awkwardly more equal by accident.

Interesting flat theories too.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

sarmstr2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:12 am
blackdenim wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:19 pm Thanks @mermaid blood for confirming the rules I'm glad I wasn't breaking any! :D

Yeah - add me to the 2 flats, 1 building team. And I was firmly on the 1 weird flat team previously.
goddammit, i'm starting to believe the two flat theory. and i was so sure there was only one
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm gonna need that daily 'still alive' gesture soon please.

(Though the puzzle tweet yesterday + Dan liking the puzzle tweet were quite sweet.)
realeyesrealize
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:06 pm
Just going to quote this because it reminded me of the glorious time that was VidCon 2017, when everyone and their mothers referred to deppy as their dads. Gotta bring back some of the fluff of this past year in these dark times of drought lack of content.
dansnose
delia smith
Pronouns: she/ her

heyo i’m gonna add to the 2 flats theory discussion: i live in a rented one floor 5 rooms apartment and we have about 6 different flooring! (kitchen is white wood, 3 rooms are brown wood, 3 bathrooms have white tiles, living room + hallway are marble like tiles, and master bedroom has like “regular” floor tiles) so for me at least, the floor does not indicate that it’s two different flats!
i still wholeheartedly believe they live in a big apartment! MAYBE two connecting ones but they most likely have built in stairs so you don’t have to leave your flat to access the other one (if you get what i mean?)
i don’t have much to say just wanted to point out the thing about the floorings
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I couldn't fall asleep yesterday and was thinking about the most random things and suddenly I remembered that they soundproofed the gaming room because Dan had gotten a noise complaint from doing sport - in their living room. So if those rooms are in different flats, why would they soundproof the room? Different floor = different neighbour. Just seems weird that one would lead to the other.
lilabet
philussy

I have this feeling that we will one day find out we were complete wrong on all the flat theories. Watch it turn out to have 10 floors over 3 apartments. :x

In all seriousness I’ve given up trying to work it out at they haven’t actually showed us much. Considering how weird their last layout was and that they haven’t really shown us this one I’m sticking to Dans initial comment of one flat lots of floors.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

I know we've gone longer in a drought so I can't believe I feel the need to complain about it but I really do, they 100% deserve some time off but I think gamingmas makes me get used to daily content and getting back to 'the usual' is painful.
That because I rarely watch the liveshows, can't imagine how I would be if I was used to these too.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LurkingTrash wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:17 pm I know we've gone longer in a drought so I can't believe I feel the need to complain about it but I really do, they 100% deserve some time off but I think gamingmas makes me get used to daily content and getting back to 'the usual' is painful.
That because I rarely watch the liveshows, can't imagine how I would be if I was used to these too.
Yeah, I'm definitely starting to feel it more keenly just because I've gotten very used to really regular content from them. I'm crossing my fingers Phil does a liveshow today.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

LurkingTrash wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:17 pm I know we've gone longer in a drought so I can't believe I feel the need to complain about it but I really do, they 100% deserve some time off but I think gamingmas makes me get used to daily content and getting back to 'the usual' is painful.
I get what you mean. I think the complete 180 of gamingmas + liveshows, meaning content every single day for an entire month, to barely anything right after it's what makes this so much worse. But we'll make it through :lol:

Am I the only one that feels weird watching their old videos now? Not a bad weird, just a oh my god who are these two fetuses weird. I watched their first baking video (british pancakes) and I couldn't finish it, and that has never happened to me before. I used to binge watch them so much to cope with the drought season and now, I can't. I don't know what happened. I mostly watch their videos post-late 2015-2016 now, nothing before that. The only exception is DnPgames, I treasure 2014 gaming content so much. Anyone like this?
Last edited by yellowsubmarine on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

lilabet wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:05 pm I have this feeling that we will one day find out we were complete wrong on all the flat theories. Watch it turn out to have 10 floors over 3 apartments. :x

In all seriousness I’ve given up trying to work it out at they haven’t actually showed us much. Considering how weird their last layout was and that they haven’t really shown us this one I’m sticking to Dans initial comment of one flat lots of floors.
Agreed. Right now I'm just thinking one flat, at least three floors (from various references to having to take things upstairs) set up like this:
Floor 1- Baking video kitchen, Gaming room, Phils room, slounge
~Stairs by Dans LS area that Phil crabwalked up during PINOF and walked up wearing inflatable Halloween costume to
Floor 2- Grey lounge, mini kitchen, dining room table where Phil does LSs,
~Stairs that have glass floor over them that Phil showed in twitpic
Floor 3- Moon room, possibly their actual office?
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:27 pm Yeah, I'm definitely starting to feel it more keenly just because I've gotten very used to really regular content from them. I'm crossing my fingers Phil does a liveshow today.
I feel like I've rewatched all of the gamingmas videos at least twice already, so I could really use a LS.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
sonicgreen
woodland creature

yellowsubmarine wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:31 pm Am I the only one that feels weird watching their old videos now? Not a bad weird, just a oh my god who are these two fetuses weird. I watched their first baking video (british pancakes) and I couldn't finish it, and that has never happened to me before. I used to binge watch them so much to cope with the drought season and now, I can't. I don't know what happened. I mostly watch their videos post-late 2015-2016 now, nothing before that. Anyone like this?
I definitely feel this, I think it stems from how much I have changed with them too, its like looking back at my past self. I think its also how commonly both (mostly Dan) express their dislike for their past selves, Dan has mentioned how much he hates those jokes now so it's almost ruined(?) a little bit. They've grown up a lot and changed how they present themselves on camera so much, I definitely feel how weird it is now to see them so restrained and unnatural. I don't know. If anyone would like to analyze this more, be my guest. But I sympathize with the "cringe" of watching them so long ago.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

sonicgreen wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:41 pm
yellowsubmarine wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:31 pm Am I the only one that feels weird watching their old videos now? Not a bad weird, just a oh my god who are these two fetuses weird. I watched their first baking video (british pancakes) and I couldn't finish it, and that has never happened to me before. I used to binge watch them so much to cope with the drought season and now, I can't. I don't know what happened. I mostly watch their videos post-late 2015-2016 now, nothing before that. Anyone like this?
I definitely feel this, I think it stems from how much I have changed with them too, its like looking back at my past self. I think its also how commonly both (mostly Dan) express their dislike for their past selves, Dan has mentioned how much he hates those jokes now so it's almost ruined(?) a little bit. They've grown up a lot and changed how they present themselves on camera so much, I definitely feel how weird it is now to see them so restrained and unnatural. I don't know. If anyone would like to analyze this more, be my guest. But I sympathize with the "cringe" of watching them so long ago.
I feel it too, I think it's all of that and more.
Something too is that I LOVE how happy and comfortable they are now that I want to keep watching only that, to me it's not really about cringing at old videos but about loving the now so much that I prefer the old to be in my memories only.
I second never having this problem before so I'm doing some serious self-analyzing to try and come up with reasons and explanations for this new feelings and I'm barely scratching the surface here.
dancy
procrastinator

onceinaugust wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:31 pm
lilabet wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:05 pm I have this feeling that we will one day find out we were complete wrong on all the flat theories. Watch it turn out to have 10 floors over 3 apartments. :x

Agreed. Right now I'm just thinking one flat, at least three floors (from various references to having to take things upstairs) set up like this:
Floor 1- Baking video kitchen, Gaming room, Phils room, slounge
~Stairs by Dans LS area that Phil crabwalked up during PINOF and walked up wearing inflatable Halloween costume to
Floor 2- Grey lounge, mini kitchen, dining room table where Phil does LSs,
~Stairs that have glass floor over them that Phil showed in twitpic
Floor 3- Moon room, possibly their actual office?
I definitely think the moon room would be on the second floor and the upstairs lounge would be on the third floor, if they do actually have a three-floor apartment. Dan mentioned his live show area and charger were upstairs while he was in his room (8:25 and 11:10 Hangout with Halloween Howell). The upstairs lounge also seems to have only one staircase, which goes down.

Speaking of stairs, the ones that we see in PINOF 9 have a light brown floor underneath and the stairs that have a glass floor above them seem to be from the upstairs lounge. I'm pretty sure it's the same set of stairs, meaning that if they have another staircase that goes from the first to the second floor, they've never shown us. Images are below.
ImageImageImage
Last edited by dancy on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.