Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hiddenabyss101
tol bean

sonicgreen wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:41 pm
yellowsubmarine wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:31 pm Am I the only one that feels weird watching their old videos now? Not a bad weird, just a oh my god who are these two fetuses weird. I watched their first baking video (british pancakes) and I couldn't finish it, and that has never happened to me before. I used to binge watch them so much to cope with the drought season and now, I can't. I don't know what happened. I mostly watch their videos post-late 2015-2016 now, nothing before that. Anyone like this?
I definitely feel this, I think it stems from how much I have changed with them too, its like looking back at my past self. I think its also how commonly both (mostly Dan) express their dislike for their past selves, Dan has mentioned how much he hates those jokes now so it's almost ruined(?) a little bit. They've grown up a lot and changed how they present themselves on camera so much, I definitely feel how weird it is now to see them so restrained and unnatural. I don't know. If anyone would like to analyze this more, be my guest. But I sympathize with the "cringe" of watching them so long ago.
I think that how they've changed both in presentation and maturity and such definitely is a reason why a lot of us feel this way. but i think the main reason why I struggle to watch both of their older videos (including 2014 dapg videos) is because I've been watching Dan and Phil for so long and those videos give me memories of how different I was back then too.

especially for the first few baking videos (british pancakes, christmas cookies, even the brownies one tbh). I can't watch more than 10 seconds of british pancakes w/o being reminded of how me and my best friend at the time watched it together when it came out, proceeded to film our own baking video trying them, failing miserably, and then proceeded to make placenta and delia smith jokes for the rest of the year *cringe* :bbb:

because of that, i'd say for me its more of the self-embarrassment and past memories of myself than anything that makes them unbearable to watch for me lol :oops:

edit: oh no top of the page, just what i needed for a post detailing probably the cringiest moment of my life :shrug:
alch
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

Katka wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:48 am (Is there a reason people are so uncomfortable with female attraction mentions? I read it a few times now and it kind of rubs me the wrong way. Like, most people agree they're probably bi so why would mentioning attraction to women be weird? Am I missing something?)
Honestly, personally I just find it clashes weirdly with how it is now, I don't know if this is true for everyone. I think my wording in my previous post came off far too much like the female attraction mentions were gross themselves, but that wasn't the intended effect.
I'm hoping no one is really put off by the mentions; it's pretty commonly agreed upon that they're probably both attracted to both men and women, so we shouldn't find something wrong with either one
hiddenabyss101
tol bean

DatCog wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 am 2 Flat Theory waffle - put under spoiler so those who don't like this topic can easily ignore!
I was originally very much against the 2 flat theory, I really couldn't get my head around why they would rent two extortionately priced apartments in London, just to have basically 2 additional rooms for filming (& Dan's corner). However, I do now think that they are indeed doing this! The flooring is the big giveaway and is the reason why I changed my mind. When I saw that the area at the bottom of their stairs still had the wooden floor and not the tile as I had expected, thinking that the gaming room and Phil's room were on that level, I thought there had to be 2 flats. These are purpose built, high-end apartments, they aren't going to have a mixture of floorings, doors etc. I also think that it makes no sense to have 2 full-sized kitchens in one apartment!

I reckon they have a duplex (self-contained flat over 2 floors), probably at the top of the building because there's a skylight, which has the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner and stairs down to bedrooms and bathrooms, one of which is Dan's moon room with ensuite.

The second flat I think is probably all on one level, all white tiled floors and darker wooden doors. This has the baking kitchen, gaming room (officially the master bedroom with ensuite), Phil's bedroom, another bathroom, slounge and Dan's filming corner (probably designed as a dining room/study). I'd be surprised if this second flat was in a different building because of them not wanting to go outside if they can avoid it, although it does have a different feel about it and seems much darker.

As autumnhearth has already said, I don't think they originally planned to show us anything much of the duplex but, for a variety of reasons, it became easier for them to start using those spaces more. I think they live together in the duplex and use the other flat for work purposes only!
a few things i want to add, but this is exactly how i imagine the layouts to be too!

putting my additions under tag to not fill up the page

based on this layout, i think we've seen pretty much all of the second flat w/ the gaming room, besides the second bath. and given that, i'd imagine that the light tan door we've seen in the chopstick challenge and sleepless night is the door that leads to the building's hallway (i think it's the only door in the open slounge/kitchen area? so that would make sense)

also for some reason, in the duplex, i've always assumed that the tan door next to the glass stairs we've seen when Phil wore the inflatable spider thing leads to an in-flat hallway with Dan's room? similar to this hallway from Dan's uni video? but that means i have no clue what would be on the ground floor of the duplex other than a door to the hallway mb? :shrug:

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Katka wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:48 am (Is there a reason people are so uncomfortable with female attraction mentions? I read it a few times now and it kind of rubs me the wrong way. Like, most people agree they're probably bi so why would mentioning attraction to women be weird? Am I missing something?)
It's definitely the context of knowing that they are bi, and knowing that they were only comfortable expressing female attraction and with strongly trying to project heterosexuality as a cover. I think a lot of people who are closeted and know what that feels like to have to deny even just part of yourself find watching other people clearly doing that painful or associate it with their own personal discomfort when forced to do the same.

If they mentioned women and being attracted to women on a regular basis today it wouldn't make me uncomfortable at all, though. Their behavior now is a world apart from the sense of youthful repression or feeling cornered/afraid, and more like they know their options and decide from a place of personal comfort what they would and wouldn't like to say to us.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Whenever I see anyone mentioning over the top female mentions, I think they’re referring to the old “no homo” attitude. Like someone else mentioned - Dan telling Phil he needs a girlfriend or whatever. For me, it comes across as a little forced - look at us we are 100% not gay! -whenever I watch moments like that I feel like I’m watching someone who’s trying really hard to imitate a “bro/lad” culture, I guess? Compared to how open they are now it just comes across that way for me, I think.

But as it’s already been said - there isn’t anything wrong with it, but it just feels weird. Dunno, just my take.

edit: of course @dizzy beat me to it and worded it much better than I ever could. so, uh. what she said. :lol:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
Secretstanner
truth bomb

I also can't watch their old videos. I used to spend hours watching and rewatching their older stuff (2011-2013) but I can't watch those videos anymore, not even old radio show clips. Their dynamic just changed so drastically over the past few months that watching their old videos makes me uncomfortable because it doesn't feel right somehow :shrug:. Watching their pre-2015 videos feels like finding someone's old embarrassing teenage photos on Facebook. (Their older videos are very well made and I used to enjoy them a lot, they just belong to a different time somehow.)
My reply to this didn’t post so I’m redoing it.
I’m gonna answer because I put this in my post. It’s nothing to do with deppy, it’s a personal issue. I have no problem with either of them mentioning women. I do find it uncomfortable with sexual comments about women from when they were younger because they were immature. And I know they were young so I don’t take any offensive to it I’m just uncomfortable that’s all :shrug:. I entered the phandom late in the game so becoming a fan in early 2017 I’m not use to it and seeing the difference in their language back in 09-13 to now is just so different. I don’t care if they mention women being attractive or talk about fancing girls, their personal relationships don’t effect me. It’s not because I think omg dan said a girls pretty phan isn’t real. Iv been in a bubble for the past few years where the men I look up to only ever praise women so I’m just no use to sexual comments. It’s literally just a personal issue from being overly sexualise by men when I was younger. I’m sorry this annoyed you. Please no one get upset about me having issues. :cry: I would just like to add I think the past couple years they have tried their best to mature themselves and not bring up girls at all so going back and hearing sexual comments is like a different world. They have changed so much in the past 3 years so going back to 6-7 years is like they aren’t the same people.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Thanks, alch, dizzy and Ewok (and Secretstanner, who posted while I was typing this. I wasn't annoyed, just a bit confused. :platonic: ). I was sure it wasn't meant in the weird way but I thought I'd ask how it was meant instead. I never looked at their earlier female attraction mentions that way but it makes sense and now I'm a bit sad. :-? On that note, did Dan tone down his male attraction mentions a lot compared to a few months ago when he was dropping them left and right or did I miss them? Maybe he didn't and I just don't hear about them anymore because the phandom isn't freaking out about every single one anymore but I kind of noticed they're gone from recent main channel vids at least? It might be just me not paying attention again, in that case please ignore.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

My auto play played a clip from an old live show and it was so jarring because in those live shows where Dan was so defensive of every interaction with Phil it almost made it seem like they barely liked each other so revisiting old content just makes me sad for them.

I’m so glad they’ve managed to get to where they are now and I’m excited for what 2018 deps are going to bring us (if they ever decide to make videos again)
autumnhearth
senpai

Thanks for the help with the white blob creature, the lamp definitely makes sense! Open stairs like that terrify me. :|

I think the soundproofing tiles in the gaming room have to do with both acoustics (I hated the sound quality of those first dozen videos so much that I commented on a few) and Dan’s screaming (Stormy Ascent anyone?) I imagine that the exercise complaint was separate, but Dan just fudged it into one story during his ls. :shrug:

Good thoughts on no homo female attraction mentions during that time. The funny thing is that Dan made plenty of male attraction mentions during those 2012-2014 liveshows they were just usually framed with terms like “man crush”, “would go gay for” or “I don’t care how straight you think you are...”. :roll:
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Personally I'm not unable to watch the videos from the era most people are talk about (no homo howell etc). I definitely have some strong eye rolls when I do watch them, but it's not so cringe that I can't watch.

The era of videos that I usually avoid is super early Dan videos, like 2009-2010ish. He just said so many things that weren't okay (rape jokes, using the word r*tarded quite frequently, "I look black", asking girls he barely knows to take their clothes off and make out for a video -- i know that was a joke but it was super uncomfortable).

However those same years are my favorite era of Phil (and before since he's such a youtube dinosaur :lol: ) Before he turned into such an "innocent smol bean". This is also when I first watched Phil way back when I was in middle school and early high school. I rediscovered him this year and actually gave Dan a chance -- which is why I'm in the phandom now, so those vids always hold nice mems for me.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
Ewok
rainbow nerd

KatjaZoe wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:02 am Personally I'm not unable to watch the videos from the era most people are talk about (no homo howell etc). I definitely have some strong eye rolls when I do watch them, but it's not so cringe that I can't watch.

The era of videos that I usually avoid is super early Dan videos, like 2009-2010ish. He just said so many things that weren't okay (rape jokes, using the word r*tarded quite frequently, "I look black", asking girls he barely knows to take their clothes off and make out for a video -- i know that was a joke but it was super uncomfortable).

However those same years are my favorite era of Phil (and before since he's such a youtube dinosaur :lol: ) Before he turned into such an "innocent smol bean". This is also when I first watched Phil way back when I was in middle school and early high school. I rediscovered him this year and actually gave Dan a chance -- which is why I'm in the phandom now, so those vids always hold nice mems for me.
That’s exactly how I feel. It’s not impossible to watch “no homo howell” era Dan, but oh god I don’t think I’ve ever rolled my eyes harder at someone. He was so transparent it pains me hahah.

Also def. can’t rewatch those 2009-2010 vids tho. I know it was considered “acceptable” edgy teenager humor at the time but it still makes me feel uncomfortable to see him use language like that. I’m so glad he’s unlisted most of the inappropriate videos and has acknowledged that it was immature and ignorant.

All in all I’m proud to see how far he’s come :)
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
sonicgreen
woodland creature

hiddenabyss101 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:31 am
DatCog wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 am 2 Flat Theory waffle - put under spoiler so those who don't like this topic can easily ignore!
I was originally very much against the 2 flat theory, I really couldn't get my head around why they would rent two extortionately priced apartments in London, just to have basically 2 additional rooms for filming (& Dan's corner). However, I do now think that they are indeed doing this! The flooring is the big giveaway and is the reason why I changed my mind. When I saw that the area at the bottom of their stairs still had the wooden floor and not the tile as I had expected, thinking that the gaming room and Phil's room were on that level, I thought there had to be 2 flats. These are purpose built, high-end apartments, they aren't going to have a mixture of floorings, doors etc. I also think that it makes no sense to have 2 full-sized kitchens in one apartment!

I reckon they have a duplex (self-contained flat over 2 floors), probably at the top of the building because there's a skylight, which has the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner and stairs down to bedrooms and bathrooms, one of which is Dan's moon room with ensuite.

The second flat I think is probably all on one level, all white tiled floors and darker wooden doors. This has the baking kitchen, gaming room (officially the master bedroom with ensuite), Phil's bedroom, another bathroom, slounge and Dan's filming corner (probably designed as a dining room/study). I'd be surprised if this second flat was in a different building because of them not wanting to go outside if they can avoid it, although it does have a different feel about it and seems much darker.

As autumnhearth has already said, I don't think they originally planned to show us anything much of the duplex but, for a variety of reasons, it became easier for them to start using those spaces more. I think they live together in the duplex and use the other flat for work purposes only!
a few things i want to add, but this is exactly how i imagine the layouts to be too!

based on this layout, i think we've seen pretty much all of the second flat w/ the gaming room, besides the second bath. and given that, i'd imagine that the light tan door we've seen in the chopstick challenge and sleepless night is the door that leads to the building's hallway (i think it's the only door in the open slounge/kitchen area? so that would make sense)

also for some reason, in the duplex, i've always assumed that the tan door next to the glass stairs we've seen when Phil wore the inflatable spider thing leads to an in-flat hallway with Dan's room? similar to this hallway from Dan's uni video? but that means i have no clue what would be on the ground floor of the duplex other than a door to the hallway mb? :shrug:

Ok I’m pretty sure the door behind the stairs in Phil’s halloween monster costume is a laundry room. Didn’t they mention their washer broke at one point? in the BG of the stairs you can see a large box that looked like a washer/appliance. and having a laundry room off the side of the 2nd kitchen makes some sense. sorry just a dumb speculation.
Elyanie
dank meme

hiddenabyss101 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:00 am
yellowsubmarine wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:31 pm Am I the only one that feels weird watching their old videos now? Not a bad weird, just a oh my god who are these two fetuses weird. I watched their first baking video (british pancakes) and I couldn't finish it, and that has never happened to me before. I used to binge watch them so much to cope with the drought season and now, I can't. I don't know what happened. I mostly watch their videos post-late 2015-2016 now, nothing before that. Anyone like this?
I definitely feel this, I think it stems from how much I have changed with them too, its like looking back at my past self. I think its also how commonly both (mostly Dan) express their dislike for their past selves, Dan has mentioned how much he hates those jokes now so it's almost ruined(?) a little bit. They've grown up a lot and changed how they present themselves on camera so much, I definitely feel how weird it is now to see them so restrained and unnatural. I don't know. If anyone would like to analyze this more, be my guest. But I sympathize with the "cringe" of watching them so long ago.
I think that how they've changed both in presentation and maturity and such definitely is a reason why a lot of us feel this way. but i think the main reason why I struggle to watch both of their older videos (including 2014 dapg videos) is because I've been watching Dan and Phil for so long and those videos give me memories of how different I was back then too.

especially for the first few baking videos (british pancakes, christmas cookies, even the brownies one tbh). I can't watch more than 10 seconds of british pancakes w/o being reminded of how me and my best friend at the time watched it together when it came out, proceeded to film our own baking video trying them, failing miserably, and then proceeded to make placenta and delia smith jokes for the rest of the year *cringe* :bbb:

because of that, i'd say for me its more of the self-embarrassment and past memories of myself than anything that makes them unbearable to watch for me lol :oops:

edit: oh no top of the page, just what i needed for a post detailing probably the cringiest moment of my life :shrug:

Re the old vid discussion:

I honestly relate with this discussion so much. I always want to watch compilations or old videos either for nostalgia sake or just to find something that I missed but like a lot of people I have so much trouble just watching anything from 2011-2014.(except a few clips and vids that pass my tests)and I think this is both due to the fact that they’ve changed so much and that I see my past self in their past selves kinda like what hiddenabyss101 was talking about.

This had been said a thousand times but they’ve honestly changed so much in how they present themselves. Recently I just watched an old clip of when dan fav-ed that bottom tweet and I could barely stand to watch it. I remember the day that whole fiasco happened so vividly and I remember everyone talking about how open they’ve become since the 2012/3s. But watching it now it feels so foreign to me, the straight hair, the way he talked, how it felt like he was so careful about all his words. (Also the 5hr lie lol but I won’t talk about that)

There’s a comp of all the problematic things they’ve said on utube (it took me like 10 sittings to get through) and I think it says something about the kind of people they presented themselves as in those years when majority of the clips were from the 10-13 era. The kind of jokes and comments they used to make then are sometimes so painfully sexist, racist, or homophobic. Like, I refuse to watch any videos with dan wearing that “shut up women and get on my horse shirt”, uggghhhh I know its a reference but like how could you just go around and wear that comfortably without feeling like a total douche It gives me headaches. It really grills in how much they’ve changed for the better in this year and in the past 2-3 years.

I think it’s also that I’ve changed a lot myself since I started watching them and that makes it hard to watch the old stuff. I didn’t really start stanning until 14’ but I’ve been subscribed since 13’. And back then I didn’t even know I was bi and I was so used to all the bigotry around me constantly that the jokes they made in the past didn’t even phase me. I have a lot of memories of watching the old tumblr tag videos and thinking things like “why were all these crazy tumblr fans shipping them they are obviously straight wtf”. My past self didn’t think lgbt people existed unless they were the stereotype.

But as I grew up they grew up as well. I figured out I was bi in late 14’ and I slowly eased into that identity. I learned a lot more about my impact on others and what kind of people I wanted to associate myself with (I got woke I guess) and I think they did a lot too during the 14-16 era. When they started to be more open about themselves this year, especially dan, I did too. In 2017 I came out to my friends (and found out literally everyone in my friend group is lgbt surprise of the century) and even though I’m not completely out to everyone important to me I feel a lot more free being able to talk about things I had hidden for so long with others.

When I watch their older videos I see the what i used to be in them. maybe it’s projecting but I’m not able to watch any of those old vids because I hate to be in that place again.

This is a huge fucking mess because I’m writing this in the car on my phone but I hope I make any sense at all??? Uhm atleast I try I guess
You are happy when you feel like you're being authentic
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

I’m weird because I can watch some older videos of deppy, like most of dan’s main channel ones but I can’t stand watching his older live shows. They were... bad. Phil’s older videos I love watching, they don’t really hold any bad memories for me however I don’t think I ever really watched any of his old live shows when they went on so I don’t feel the need to go back and watch them.
:transheart:
dancy
procrastinator

sonicgreen wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:55 am
hiddenabyss101 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:31 am

Ok I’m pretty sure the door behind the stairs in Phil’s halloween monster costume is a laundry room. Didn’t they mention their washer broke at one point? in the BG of the stairs you can see a large box that looked like a washer/appliance. and having a laundry room off the side of the 2nd kitchen makes some sense. sorry just a dumb speculation.

I agree, I think that door just leads to a laundry/utility room or perhaps a pantry. Something small. The moon room is definitely beneath the upstairs lounge, which Dan has made clear and I reckon there's also a guest room/office room and a bathroom on that floor.

I do think we've seen almost every room of what's either their second flat or the first floor of the duplex, including a small glimpse of the second bathroom.
In regards to older videos, I started watching D&P's videos in 2017 and have seen all the videos from that year, but I really can't be bothered to watch every video from before that time. I have scrolled through them and watched the ones that caught my eye, as well as some old live show clips. They did occassionally make me cringe and I certainly notice a difference between then and now (which is to be expected) but but I don’t have any trouble or feel uncomfortable watching them. Maybe it's because I just feel a bit indifferent to pre-2017 D&P. It's not like I don’t like or enjoy their earlier videos at all (in fact, some of those videos are my favorites) but I can't see 2014-me watching 2014-D&P, for example, because I had completely different interests at that time. And I guess looking back at things I didn't experience is much easier for me than if I had actually been watching them for longer. I hope some of this makes sense...
hiddenabyss101
tol bean

Elyanie wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:03 am
hiddenabyss101 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:00 am

Re the old vid discussion:
I honestly relate with this discussion so much. I always want to watch compilations or old videos either for nostalgia sake or just to find something that I missed but like a lot of people I have so much trouble just watching anything from 2011-2014.(except a few clips and vids that pass my tests)and I think this is both due to the fact that they’ve changed so much and that I see my past self in their past selves kinda like what hiddenabyss101 was talking about.

This had been said a thousand times but they’ve honestly changed so much in how they present themselves. Recently I just watched an old clip of when dan fav-ed that bottom tweet and I could barely stand to watch it. I remember the day that whole fiasco happened so vividly and I remember everyone talking about how open they’ve become since the 2012/3s. But watching it now it feels so foreign to me, the straight hair, the way he talked, how it felt like he was so careful about all his words. (Also the 5hr lie lol but I won’t talk about that)

There’s a comp of all the problematic things they’ve said on utube (it took me like 10 sittings to get through) and I think it says something about the kind of people they presented themselves as in those years when majority of the clips were from the 10-13 era. The kind of jokes and comments they used to make then are sometimes so painfully sexist, racist, or homophobic. Like, I refuse to watch any videos with dan wearing that “shut up women and get on my horse shirt”, uggghhhh I know its a reference but like how could you just go around and wear that comfortably without feeling like a total douche It gives me headaches. It really grills in how much they’ve changed for the better in this year and in the past 2-3 years.

I think it’s also that I’ve changed a lot myself since I started watching them and that makes it hard to watch the old stuff. I didn’t really start stanning until 14’ but I’ve been subscribed since 13’. And back then I didn’t even know I was bi and I was so used to all the bigotry around me constantly that the jokes they made in the past didn’t even phase me. I have a lot of memories of watching the old tumblr tag videos and thinking things like “why were all these crazy tumblr fans shipping them they are obviously straight wtf”. My past self didn’t think lgbt people existed unless they were the stereotype.

But as I grew up they grew up as well. I figured out I was bi in late 14’ and I slowly eased into that identity. I learned a lot more about my impact on others and what kind of people I wanted to associate myself with (I got woke I guess) and I think they did a lot too during the 14-16 era. When they started to be more open about themselves this year, especially dan, I did too. In 2017 I came out to my friends (and found out literally everyone in my friend group is lgbt surprise of the century) and even though I’m not completely out to everyone important to me I feel a lot more free being able to talk about things I had hidden for so long with others.

When I watch their older videos I see the what i used to be in them. maybe it’s projecting but I’m not able to watch any of those old vids because I hate to be in that place again.

This is a huge fucking mess because I’m writing this in the car on my phone but I hope I make any sense at all??? Uhm atleast I try I guess
^ this! you've explained exactly what I was trying to get at but wasn't able to articulate nearly as well. i bolded the things that really coincide with how I feel.

i'm probably going to project a ton here too, but it's crazy for me to think about how much of my personal growth and maturity correlates with them throughout the years. especially dan. his uni struggles and videos while dorming were happening when I began high school, and watching them made me feel less alone and more validated i guess. albeit the education levels being different, his decision to drop college because law wasn't something he enjoyed encouraged me to think more for myself and my passions than what my parents projected onto me. it's interesting because out of any older videos that I CAN still find myself able to watch, its those that take place at that time. sure there's some cringe there, but the memory of relatability (?) that my 2010-2011 self felt makes it bearable (and enjoyable!)

now late 2011-2015 is a different story. loved them at the time, still do, but that's where my own growth during that time period makes those videos unbearable for me, for several reasons. one, it just brings back to many memories of my immature high school self. total geek, kind of weird tbh :lol: , complete tumblr superwholock fangirl :oops: . two, my best friend and i at the time watched most videos together when they came out, and we has a pretty rough falling out so it's not something I enjoy being reminded of.

2016's the year I'd say I grew up and matured a lot in, and is more in line with who I am as a person today. I feel like there was also a shift in d&p's presentation and content as well, and because of that I relate 2016-present content with my adult life than prior years which is why I feel more comfortable watching back only more recent videos.

and now as I'm working up to earn a degree and enter a professional field, I find myself looking up to d&p as role models more than I ever had in the past, again especially dan bc I find it easier to relate to him idek. like idk the way that dan has presented himself (even outside of videos) this year inspires me to be more like that - confident, aware of his audience and impact on others, more thoughtful and reflective in live shows, etc.

sorry if the way I worded some things is confusing, i just woke up and don't trust myself with being able to express my thoughts well this early :lol:

also edit b/c i'm an idiot and stopped writing in the middle of 3 different sentences
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Theory: We're never getting new content. 2018 Dan and Phil have resolved to develop a social experiment called The Phanger Games. This will involved a new excuse each week as to why a video isn't out, until we've all driven ourselves to insanity.

Still waiting for Poptropica 2: #DragonSpon.

Uh... Get better soon, Phil!
DatCog
blobfish

rizzo wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:56 pm Theory: We're never getting new content. 2018 Dan and Phil have resolved to develop a social experiment called The Phanger Games. This will involved a new excuse each week as to why a video isn't out, until we've all driven ourselves to insanity.

Still waiting for Poptropica 2: #DragonSpon.

Uh... Get better soon, Phil!
I've felt like this for the past 11 days...hope Phil has a lesser strain or we could be waiting quite a while longer for new content!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Going with the Phanger Games comparison, what exactly would the districts be? Tumblr, twitter, instagram, youtube comments, idb... people who only watch dan? people who only watch phil? phans, antiphans? people with the "i ship their happiness" mentality? And who exactly would you put money on winning?
George
sad dimple

This isn't an answer to the questions asked above, but I have always thought that female attraction mentions could be quite problematic because their main audience is teen girls. Like, did any of 1D boys ever mention the exact type of the girl they like or single out a certain female celebrity? It's a part of basic media training to tell celebrities to hold back that kind of opinions. Some young girls might feel pressure to look the same than someone they mention or be sad because they don't look at all alike (and thus have no changes to ever date Harry Styles) and that could lead to harmful things or even dropping out of the fandom. (In this case there are obviously more reasons than one to hold those mentions back tho.)
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
Grey
lady door

I’m waiting impatiently for them to announce the TBC tour dates so I can buy tickets.
I’m scared for them if they fail at securing any of them though. That must be so stressful. I’m so stressed out for them. Why did they set it up like this? Why didn’t they announce those extra dates later as a happy surprise? It just seems like they’re setting themselves up for a lot of people being extremely disappointed in them and it’s out of their control now. I don’t know why this is bothering me so much. I just really, really hope they get all of the TBC locations confirmed.
I'm having a stress.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:23 pm Going with the Phanger Games comparison, what exactly would the districts be? Tumblr, twitter, instagram, youtube comments, idb... people who only watch dan? people who only watch phil? phans, antiphans? people with the "i ship their happiness" mentality? And who exactly would you put money on winning?
i'd put money on the instagram phannies winning. they scare me.
fancybum
senpai

lmaooo is this depicting Phil having just shat out a hedgehog and showing Dan or is my sleep-deprived brain grosser than Hector?
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

@fancybum i think it's meant to be he puked - seat is up. but go hector for being grosser than me, i guess. i don't really get the joke there, that dan doesn't believe he's sick? is dan acting as a stand-in for the phandom? is phil trying to make dan feel bad for him, so he'll be nicer? i'm too tired to parse the intent here
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

fancybum wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:47 pm lmaooo is this depicting Phil having just shat out a hedgehog and showing Dan or is my sleep-deprived brain grosser than Hector?
I didn't get this one so your explanation is now the only one I'll except.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr