Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

captainspacecoat wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:24 pm
It was the same last year though, Phil uploaded his first video on January 12th, Dan on January 14th, gaming channel on January 20th. The first Dan liveshow was January 10th and the first Phil liveshow was January 12th (all according to Australian timezones). So it's much the same really, their first content of 2018 will be uploaded January 10th just as it was last year.
I just get the feeling the liveshows are definitely going to be cut back, videos don’t fuss me so much but liveshows are one of the things I enjoy the most. I hope Phil feels well enough to do one on Thursday but I can kinda already hear the illness meaning he won’t. Wonder when Dan will do his first one.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

fancybum wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:40 pm The good (and bad..) thing about them is a "regular" thing means like twice a year at most :lol: , so even then it's not too much to worry about. I like the idea of ~yearly bloopers! Jenna Marbles puts out outtakes/bloopers vids at the end of the year (except for this year where she said all the good stuff ended up in the videos, so she had nothing extra, so thanksx2 Phil for filling that hole :thanks: ). I'm hoping for more swearing, even if it's bleeped, because I'm that easily amused I guess.
Hard same. I think I love Phil swearing in vids (even if it's bleeped) because it's another sign of him loosening up and losing part of his persona (sorry for the p word :p). He's been so much freer in 2017. I wonder in 2018 will hold the first time they leave a Phil curse word in un-bleeped. I feel like people will overreact though, and that's part of the reason they haven't left any un-bleeped swear words in yet. If it happen, everyone just stay cool (haha yeah right, slim chance - then again, with the more they've been showing us lately, the less intense reactions there's been to certain things, so who know what 2018 will bring. Maybe everyone would just shrug and move on).
missemma wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 pm I just get the feeling the liveshows are definitely going to be cut back, videos don’t fuss me so much but liveshows are one of the things I enjoy the most. I hope Phil feels well enough to do one on Thursday but I can kinda already hear the illness meaning he won’t. Wonder when Dan will do his first one.
I've been trying to avoid thinking this, but I agree that liveshows are most likely gonna be cut back. I'm crossing my fingers that they're just preparing us for the lack of liveshows during tour and then it'll pick up again after. Or that there will be at least some kind of equivalent replacement.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

lilabet wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 pm
Phandom Gives Updates

In future I promise they won't be so frequent but we passed the extended £500 goal already so now I've extended it to £1000!

I'm hoping that we can meet my ultimate goal of £3100.00 to match his 31st birthday but since we have less than a month that might be a stretch.

Psychicmoth on twitter (and here i think @ psychicmoth) did an amazing logo and header and is redoing the tumblr for me. Yay no longer will we be a box. I've already updated the twitter and it looks amazing.

At some point i plan to buy the website i think. That way there can be a list of all the birthday drives and whats raised as well as any information about other ways to raise money we think up. I was waiting to see if this takes off and it looks like it has.
Looks like I'm going to learn web design unless someone wants to volunteer? :lol:
This is so amazing to hear!
go phandom! :cheer:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

eek it's so heartwarming to see all the updates for the Phandom Gives fundraiser <3 i hope that when dan's birthday rolls around it'll be more well known, as going off of my past experience with fandoms doing fundraisers, it's always a uniting and positive thing, and obviously this has already had such a wonderful impact so it'll be great to see its effect after reaching a larger audience

also i don't know the entirety of everyone involved, but all of you are seriously magical :stan:

unrelated but my redbubble order came today with my trash sticker, and i really love it! i've stuck it on one of my notebooks and there's a pic and some sappiness under the cut because apparently i'm emotional today lol

i didn't think i was going to be able to get anything for bantmas but i was so happy to have a little extra money to spare for a pretty good cause imo. i only stumbled across idb a little less than a year ago, and i lurked for a long time before finally joining. regardless of that, i'm really glad to have found this little community because not only has it reminded me of old school fan forums before tumblr became the main place for that stuff, but it's also been really nice to share more long-form ~opinions~ with people who also have ~opinions~ in a mature and somewhat comfortable way. anyway, i'm just really grateful for this website (which sounds weird now that i've typed it but whatever)
Lain
eclipse shirt

Staying current with world news and frankly just logging into social media can sometimes be so discouraging/depressing, but then things like watching the charity gift discussion on this forum unfold and bloom into Phandom Gives happen and I feel warmed to the core. I'm looking forward to donating, and I really hope that this has a lasting, uniting impact on the phandom.

Also obsessivelymoody's post above mine has also warmed my core and now I'm in danger of overheating but I'm still smiling, so :happytears:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

@obsessivelymoody, your sticker looks amazing and your post definitely made me feel warm and fuzzy inside <3 <3 <3
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon

lilabet wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 pm
Phandom Gives Updates

I'm hoping that we can meet my ultimate goal of £3100.00 to match his 31st birthday but since we have less than a month that might be a stretch.
Looks like you need to add another stretch goal already!

If we made it to £1000 in 2 days then £3100 is totally doable. It’s so heartwarming to see the numbers shooting up <3
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

i'm glad to have been one of the people who pushed the donations amount over 1000 pounds. i've been travelling a lot lately and only got back a few days ago but seeing this drive really take off made me very happy.
lilabet
philussy

Phandon Gives Update

I woke up to us beating the goal again and it hasn't even been 48 hours. I stretched it to £2000 as I don't want to discourage people by going too high but I think we will be able to do £3100 if not higher.

Thank you to everyone donating and sharing.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:23 am @obsessivelymoody, your sticker looks amazing and your post definitely made me feel warm and fuzzy inside <3 <3 <3
Lain wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:34 am Staying current with world news and frankly just logging into social media can sometimes be so discouraging/depressing, but then things like watching the charity gift discussion on this forum unfold and bloom into Phandom Gives happen and I feel warmed to the core. I'm looking forward to donating, and I really hope that this has a lasting, uniting impact on the phandom.

Also obsessivelymoody's post above mine has also warmed my core and now I'm in danger of overheating but I'm still smiling, so :happytears:
:,)
lilabet wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:39 am Phandon Gives Update

I woke up to us beating the goal again and it hasn't even been 48 hours. I stretched it to £2000 as I don't want to discourage people by going too high but I think we will be able to do £3100 if not higher.

Thank you to everyone donating and sharing.
oh man that's amazing! I feel like hitting £3100 is pretty likely, considering there's still 20 more days until phil's birthday and a third of it was done in 2 days.
kavat
pastel persona

It's so heartwarming to see the response to the charity! Thank you for organising it <3
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

omg, first the Young Minds fundraiser over christmas and now this! absolutely incredible effort on the donations, guys, and so heartwarmed that it's originated from IDB users. hopefully their attention is caught around Phil's birthday, because I think it's something they would love to see.

looking forward to bloopers so much tomorrow. fingers crossed phil doesn't pass his virus onto dan, who i think just seems to have a weaker immune system in general (i'm thinking pneumonia vulnerability when they have so much travelling this year!).
art in avatar by lily
blueskies
phillion/danosaur <//3

Re: charity: Phandom Gives is amazing! I don't have the means/ability to donate now, but I'll definitely contribute when I can <3

I can't wait for the bloopers (or any video at all, really.) It's always interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes, which stuff they choose to keep in/leave out. Plus they're really cute and I miss seeing their faces - pictures don't count.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

somethingsketchy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:28 pm This sounds promising.
What I find weird about this is that he said he "found it on a hard drive". Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I don't think he would browse his HDD and be like "Oh! 'I predict Dan's future' - I totally forgot about that video. Good that I found it."
Finding, to me, implies that it's some more random videos that he might have recorded on his phone and backed up on the hard drive? Like, I recently found some old pictures of my dog from many years ago. I wouldn't say that I "found" my tax files, cause I know there are there.

As much as I would love for it to be random snippets of videos that we haven't seen before, it's probably a 5 minute video of some speech errors à la "copacetic". Keeping my expectations low :D

And great to see so many are donating to @lilabet's charity page! I don't have any phandom social media so I can't share it, but I can give you a :tu: here
autumnhearth
senpai

Amazing work on Phandom Gives folks! Thank you for organizing it and donating. :respekt2:

Very much looking forward to the bloops today. The husband and I are both home sick with the flu, so we certainly sympathize.
drearyquery
drama llama

I’m a little puzzled by the number of people on other platforms saying stuff like “phil didn’t say he wanted this” or “they have enough money to donate themselves”, like I guess both are true but that’s not really the point?
Regardless it’s so amazing how much has been done in just a few days, and honestly that’s due to the amazing people who set it up.

I wonder if Phil has noticed yet, and if he will mentions it once he does
fancybum
senpai

LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 pm What I find weird about this is that he said he "found it on a hard drive". Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I don't think he would browse his HDD and be like "Oh! 'I predict Dan's future' - I totally forgot about that video. Good that I found it."
Finding, to me, implies that it's some more random videos that he might have recorded on his phone and backed up on the hard drive? Like, I recently found some old pictures of my dog from many years ago. I wouldn't say that I "found" my tax files, cause I know there are there.

As much as I would love for it to be random snippets of videos that we haven't seen before, it's probably a 5 minute video of some speech errors à la "copacetic". Keeping my expectations low :D
I think the footage will definitely be mostly in ‘speech errors’ territory and bts-ish stuff and Phil saying found is just him being a lying liar who lies. But not in a bad way, him phrasing it that way is just him making it sound more casual rather than ‘I spent a few hours going through my hard drive trying to find enough interesting and/or funny footage to make my first AP video of 2018 that will hopefully hit x amount of views/engagement and this tweet is a little teaser to build some hype and get butts in seats for tomorrow’. It’s just him keeping his true illuminati lizard self business!Phil toned down for the viewers and camouflaged by pajamas. Making it sound like a random fun thing (“look what I found, isn’t this cool you guys?”) rather than a business decision (“consume my product, numbers”).
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
so_cheesy
butt chair

drearyquery wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:46 pm I’m a little puzzled by the number of people on other platforms saying stuff like “phil didn’t say he wanted this” or “they have enough money to donate themselves”, like I guess both are true but that’s not really the point?
Regardless it’s so amazing how much has been done in just a few days, and honestly that’s due to the amazing people who set it up.

I’m one of those people who raised a similar concern here a few days ago. Please don’t get me wrong, I’m not against charity. But I do feel like that attaching someone else’s name (in any way) to a donation, without them knowing and approving is not right. I don’t know what else to say but I hope you understand, I’m sorry
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

fancybum wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:51 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 pm What I find weird about this is that he said he "found it on a hard drive". Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I don't think he would browse his HDD and be like "Oh! 'I predict Dan's future' - I totally forgot about that video. Good that I found it."

I think the footage will definitely be mostly in ‘speech errors’ territory and bts-ish stuff and Phil saying found is just him being a lying liar who lies. But not in a bad way, him phrasing it that way is just him making it sound more casual rather than ‘I spent a few hours going through my hard drive trying to find enough interesting and/or funny footage to make my first AP video of 2018 that will hopefully hit x amount of views/engagement and this tweet is a little teaser to build some hype and get butts in seats for tomorrow’. It’s just him keeping his true illuminati lizard self business!Phil toned down for the viewers and camouflaged by pajamas. Making it sound like a random fun thing (“look what I found, isn’t this cool you guys?”) rather than a business decision (“consume my product, numbers”).
Next thread title - Dan and Phil - Consume my product, numbers. :rofl:
hello9217
flower crown

so_cheesy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:58 pm
drearyquery wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:46 pm I’m a little puzzled by the number of people on other platforms saying stuff like “phil didn’t say he wanted this” or “they have enough money to donate themselves”, like I guess both are true but that’s not really the point?

I’m one of those people who raised a similar concern here a few days ago. Please don’t get me wrong, I’m not against charity. But I do feel like that attaching someone else’s name (in any way) to a donation, without them knowing and approving is not right. I don’t know what else to say but I hope you understand, I’m sorry
I understand where you're coming from and if the name was attached to something like the red cross, which has had controversies in the past, then I would feel the same way. However; Phil has been vocal about liking the Make-a-Wish charity and therefore supports it so I believe it's safe to assume that he would feel touched that people made a donation in his name for his birthday.

Also on a personal note: My grandmother never asks for anything for Christmas so my family makes a donation in her name to the children's hospital. I feel like this is a very common thing to do.
lilabet
philussy

hello9217 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:06 pm
so_cheesy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:58 pm

I understand where you're coming from and if the name was attached to something like the red cross, which has had controversies in the past, then I would feel the same way. However; Phil has been vocal about liking the Make-a-Wish charity and therefore supports it so I believe it's safe to assume that he would feel touched that people made a donation in his name for his birthday.

Also on a personal note: My grandmother never asks for anything for Christmas so my family makes a donation in her name to the children's hospital. I feel like this is a very common thing to do.
I understand people's concerns about giving in someone's name although I come from a different perspective where it's absolutely fine. Pretty much every fandom I've been in has had some form of charity project so I see it as very normal. If Dan or Phil were ever imply publicly or privately that they were unhappy I would change the focus away from their birthdays. That was just the most common way to do this type of fundraising.

People complaining that they have the money to donate themselves are completely missing the point. As much as donating is centred around their birthdays that's only one aspect. Yes it's to recognise someone who makes you happy but it's about so much more than that.

It's about doing something good as a group.
About positive fandom experiences.
Feeling included when you aren't a big name fan/writer/artist.
It's about filling the quiet times.
It's not feeling helpless on a bad day, by donating or sharing or reading the sweet comments.
It's donating to a great cause (that your favourite happens to support)

Overall it's about community.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lilabet wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:34 pmI understand people's concerns about giving in someone's name although I come from a different perspective where it's absolutely fine. Pretty much every fandom I've been in has had some form of charity project so I see it as very normal. If Dan or Phil were ever imply publicly or privately that they were unhappy I would change the focus away from their birthdays. That was just the most common way to do this type of fundraising.

People complaining that they have the money to donate themselves are completely missing the point. As much as donating is centred around their birthdays that's only one aspect. Yes it's to recognise someone who makes you happy but it's about so much more than that.

It's about doing something good as a group.
About positive fandom experiences.
Feeling included when you aren't a big name fan/writer/artist.
It's about filling the quiet times.
It's not feeling helpless on a bad day, by donating or sharing or reading the sweet comments.
It's donating to a great cause (that your favourite happens to support)

Overall it's about community.
This is the perfect post to explain the purpose and significance of something like this. You should definitely save that to use as an answer if you ever get asked on tumblr. It's absolutely more a phandom group activity under the common theme of a charity Phil would appreciate/a time frame centered around his birthday as the goal date, rather than trying to imply Dan and Phil couldn't/don't donate to charity themselves. And yeah, it's just... really common in most fandoms.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Omg @fancybumtrue illuminati lizard self business!Phil toned down for the viewers and camouflaged by pajamas” made me :rofl:
Ewok
rainbow nerd

I’m really looking forward to a new Phil vid today, & even happier we’re getting some bloops. I’ve missed them so much! Any predictions/hopes on what videos we’ll be getting the bloopers from? :D
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
aifos
not a first-time poster

fancybum wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:51 pm “consume my product, numbers”
This is my first time posting here after being a lurker for months and creating an account a couple of weeks ago and only because I have to say that this is the funniest (and at the same time truest...) thing I've ever read! :lol:

I also want to congratulate everyone for doing so great with the donations! Coming from the One Direction fandom I've seen a lot of money being raised for the members' birthdays and it's really heartwarming seeing it happen for dnp as well! :respekt2: