Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
blackdenim
procrastinator

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:43 pm
sonicgreen wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:34 pm What can possibly happen with that sponsored partnership? Phil modeling? Send him a free back egg? I'm just confused because the phandom isn't exactly the audience for £34,000 bejeweled egg pendants? I can't say this isn't the most entertainment we've had this year though. :lol:
I agree. Most people in the phandom cannot and will never be able to afford jewelry in that price range. You can argue for some advertisement aimed at a younger audience - like car brands, cause everyone's gonna grow up and need a car eventually - but high-end jewlery?
The marketing team is probably pretty excited about the attention but from a business standpoint, I don't see how a #spon of any sorts would make sense.
It's probably a case of them getting excited about the engagement, as you say, and not thinking about the fact that clicks don't = sales when it comes to extraordinarily expensive jewellery! I hope Phil gets a back egg though haha.

OR someone on the marketing team is a D&P fan and is just taking their opportunity to work with them. I absolutely would if it was me! But I don't think where I work will ever really be on D&P's radar!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

blackdenim wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:55 pm
sonicgreen wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:34 pm What can possibly happen with that sponsored partnership? Phil modeling? Send him a free back egg? I'm just confused because the phandom isn't exactly the audience for £34,000 bejeweled egg pendants? I can't say this isn't the most entertainment we've had this year though. :lol:
I agree. Most people in the phandom cannot and will never be able to afford jewelry in that price range. You can argue for some advertisement aimed at a younger audience - like car brands, cause everyone's gonna grow up and need a car eventually - but high-end jewlery?
The marketing team is probably pretty excited about the attention but from a business standpoint, I don't see how a #spon of any sorts would make sense.
It's probably a case of them getting excited about the engagement, as you say, and not thinking about the fact that clicks don't = sales when it comes to extraordinarily expensive jewellery! I hope Phil gets a back egg though haha.

OR someone on the marketing team is a D&P fan and is just taking their opportunity to work with them. I absolutely would if it was me! But I don't think where I work will ever really be on D&P's radar!
I'm definitely just thinking they're sending Phil a freebie as a nod to the positive engagement, and it's not going to turn into Faberge genuinely attempting to utilize Phil to sell to his audience. That would just make... zero sense. But a company showing they have a bit of a sense of humor with a young audience? Not a bad move.
fancybum
senpai

Well beauty guru types team up with makeup brands all the time and release their own palettes and stuff. Maybe Phil can team up with Faberge to create a limited run (and more affordable for his particular audience) jewelry line where the pieces are all shaped like his head. That’s some ace brand synergy.

Phabergé :sparkle:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Crunchyroll #spon found dead in a ditch, Fabergé is coming!

None of this makes sense but I love it. Capita£ester has never lived up to his name more than he is now :stan:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

He might get a really nice watch out of it! (The cheapest mens watches are $14,000) Or maybe he'll just get the greatest Mothers Day gift for his mom.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

fancybum wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:03 pm Phabergé :sparkle:
i want this tattooed on my back.
alien
procrastinator

I know we've moved on to Phil's back egg which is exciting and hilarious but I wanted to join in the dapgo pic sharing from yesterday I just didn't have my ipad with me yesterday. These are all the pics I took screenshots of when I first looked through the book.
I just love a good walking shot especially with smiley dnp

I'm always here for model Dan

Phil's face of regret makes me laugh every time

There's something very human about this picture and I'm not even really sure what I mean tbh

I just love these ones from the tour

And then I think my favorite one tbh
onomatopoeia
squish

blackdenim wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:55 pm

someone at fabergé must be a fan of phil right? or else how have they found out about his backegg tweet?
fancybum
senpai

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:37 pm
:lol: You know what would perfectly complement that back tattoo? A back egg.
(But you should probably wait for Phil’s #spon discount)
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
liola
rankussy

If this doesn't end up as the new thread title I'm sueing :rofl:

Honestly this might be the best thing ever. I'm laughing at Dan's fancy ass spending pretty pennies on designer clothes while Phil-I-only-wear-topman-probably-onsale-Lester getting chatted up by one of the most luxury brand in the world. I'm dead.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

This is ridiculous and hilarious and I am so here for it. I saw something a week or so ago that they are having a design contest, winner receives $500 so *that* is something the phandom could get in on. I forget if it’s been mentioned on here. Ah here it is, no link or info how to get involved though...
Very curious to see how whatever they are doing plays out.
phillyforgot
butt chair

ratlad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:22 pm
phillyforgot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 pm I just wanted to drop in and say that I really liked the Phil tweet. It was so Phil-ish, I loved it. <3
after a while of lurkin here silently i decide 2 join. helo.
i agree! i relate to phils humor, idk if a lot of people get it and just shake it off as "weird" (which it totally is, but thats. our. phil.) his mind works in strange ways i love!
Phil's humour is basically the reason I started watching him. :philtrash:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

fancybum wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:03 pm Phabergé
:sparkle: :phaberge: :sparkle:

:alcohol:
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

liola wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 pm
If this doesn't end up as the new thread title I'm sueing :rofl:

Honestly this might be the best thing ever. I'm laughing at Dan's fancy ass spending pretty pennies on designer clothes while Phil-I-only-wear-topman-probably-onsale-Lester getting chatted up by one of the most luxury brand in the world. I'm dead.

oh my god yes ! same with the memes lmao, phil had like way more organic ones than dan last year, even tho dan talks about them like 40% of the time. I love this trend

I'm taking this opportunity to share the best fanart i've ever seen. this has to be the thumbnail of the phaberge spon video, I won't accept anything else now.
Last edited by alittledizzy on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tumblr embed
DatCog
blobfish

I'm loving all the back egg speculation!

Just saw this fan art too - so cute!
sentinel
lady door

Guys... I feel like you're forgetting that Dan and Phil trade on influence. From a marketing standpoint, Faberge is not a hip company. They don't come up when you think "wedding ring" or jewellery. But if they manage to repeat it often enough times to stick to an audience of millions, somewhere down along the line, some people are bound to remember about them and check out their stuff out. All for the low, low price of free publicity since everyone is talking about back egg.
autumnhearth
senpai

Love the phanart! This is another favorite. Sorry I don’t know why is so big and blurry. Definitely click on it to go to Tumblr. Such elegance. :phaberge:
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Thank you Dan for not letting this picture die, funniest D&P content of 2018 imo. He even made it his twitter header :rofl:
I thought the same thing. I can see some dusty marketing person being like "I know how we'll get the millennials -- Youtubers." :lol:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
blackdenim
procrastinator

I'm still so fascinated by that photo. HOW??? The more I look at it, the less it looks like him. The eyes and nose seem off, too.

My theories:

- Whoever did the photoshoot hates Dan and messed with his face in Photoshop to make him paranoid.
- Undiagnosed gluten allergy and he ate a (vegan?!) croissant before the shoot that caused it to puff up but... only... from certain angles
- Secret almost-identical twin he wheels out for things he doesn't want to do: photoshoots, events, maybe occasional live shows and those are the ones where we think he's in a bad mood/off.

That's all I've got.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

KatjaZoe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:29 pm I thought the same thing. I can see some dusty marketing person being like "I know how we'll get the millennials -- Youtubers." :lol:
Well, they’re not wrong! This is too good, there’s even an f to turn into a ph. I love the pretty artwork and the shiny new turquoise egg emoji :phaberge: it even matches Phil’s eyes :thumb:
hello9217
flower crown

I think the funniest thing to me about all of this is the fact that it started off as Phil mocking how ridiculous the product was. I’m glad the people at Faberge have a good since of humour, and yes I am aware that they are probably only talking to him bc their tweet that included him got a lot of engagement. If anything Phil will just promote the design competition but thanks Phil for providing me so much amusement over this whole thing. It made me laugh quite a bit.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

This is the most unexpected twist of 2018 (even tho it literally just started lol :lol:) can't wait to buy my Phil Lester Back-Egg, gonna start saving up who needs to pay off debt when you can buy $30,000 jewelry??
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
anonymousdork
delia smith

When Phil started filming on his cereal box camera in 2006, do you think he imagined that 12 years later, he would be teaming up with Fabergé for a back egg sponsorship?

This is by far the weirdest and most hilarious partnership imaginable and I am here for it. :stan: :stan: :stan:
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
DatCog
blobfish

A nice surprise!
Ewok
rainbow nerd

I’m kinda shook by how many editing mistakes I actually noticed. I’m not usually one who picks up on stuff like that - but I noticed a few smaller ones, and the end screen especially. What in the heck is happening there? :shock:

eta: also - Phil’s face at 19:10. I just wanna squeeze him
:happytears:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««