Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

dan's centre of gravity would be farther from the ground than someone of even average height, so i'm always extra impressed by his demonstrations of balance! a modified (because it does usually assume one partner is lighter and smaller than the other, for the majority of the poses) couples yoga video would be so cute. even a solo one, but idk what spin he'd put on it that he'd feel satisfied about.

@alittledizzy shared something intriguing she found today, then promptly went to bed, like a sleepy kitty. so i'm posting here (with her permission):

So, the gaming channel still shows the Above The Fray contact details:

but, it's been removed from their individual channels:

why?

and Endemol Shine dumped their youtube division, that's why Flipside folded:

article

whilst i'm mildly disappointed there wasn't a more dramatic bid for independence in creating Above the Fray, it's nice the team of managers didn't just go their separate ways, and kept the talent they already had signed. shows the loyalty and trust that's been built.
art in avatar by lily
dancy
procrastinator

lilabet wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:45 pm
dancy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:33 pm
lilabet wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:01 pm
Those pictures are adorable.

[Center]Phandom Gives charity project[/Center][/b][/u]

I've made a start on the charity project. It's called Phandom Gives and I've saved the twitter, tumblr, and instagram for it. I was planning to go with Phandom Fundraising but it's too long for twitter and I wanted it to be consistent. I couldn't think of anything else and I wanted to get started. We can always rebrand for Dan's Birthday drive. :lol:

I've set up Phils Brithday page through Just Giving where the money goes directly to the charity and I chose Make A WIsh as this is something he has already been involved in.
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... ves-phil31
You can even donate by text in the UK. Text PGVS91 £5 to 70070.

I think maybe we need a thread where people can suggest ideas to raise money, especially if we want to do something around the tour. I'm not sure which section I could set this up in?

One thing I will need help with is people reaching out to those they know in the different sections of the Phandom. I already plan to try to reach update accounts and big name fans on Tumblr, Instagram and Twitter but if someone actually know them (or is one) that would be a great help.

Also if an artist wants to create a logo or picture we could use that would be great. That is one area you would get in trouble. The only pictures i have of Dan and Phil are from DAPGOOSE which aren't great quality and a logo/avatar would be great to use across all the platforms.

I'm open to any suggestions people have and will work my way through the look of the tumblr, instagram and twitter in the next week or two. I'm not a artist though :shrug:

Any way that's as far as I have got so far.
Oh, lovely! Though apparently I can only donate using a credit card and I don't have one of those :(
You should be able to donate by debit card as well. If you change the currency to GBP you should also be able to use PayPal.

https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us/ar ... -you-take-
Oh, I see! Might be a good idea to put that information somewhere in the description of the donation page, so others will know that as well!
swofro
angel bean

I stan two people. <3
Love is forever
blueskies
phillion/danosaur <//3

aww, that picture just makes me go all warm and fuzzy inside. Dan and Phil who? I only know Martyn and Cornelia, sorry guys
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

dancy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:29 am
lilabet wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:45 pm
dancy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:33 pm
lilabet wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:01 pm
Those pictures are adorable.

I've made a start on the charity project. It's called Phandom Gives and I've saved the twitter, tumblr, and instagram for it. I was planning to go with Phandom Fundraising but it's too long for twitter and I wanted it to be consistent. I couldn't think of anything else and I wanted to get started. We can always rebrand for Dan's Birthday drive. :lol:

I've set up Phils Brithday page through Just Giving where the money goes directly to the charity and I chose Make A WIsh as this is something he has already been involved in.

I think maybe we need a thread where people can suggest ideas to raise money, especially if we want to do something around the tour. I'm not sure which section I could set this up in?

One thing I will need help with is people reaching out to those they know in the different sections of the Phandom. I already plan to try to reach update accounts and big name fans on Tumblr, Instagram and Twitter but if someone actually know them (or is one) that would be a great help.

Also if an artist wants to create a logo or picture we could use that would be great. That is one area you would get in trouble. The only pictures i have of Dan and Phil are from DAPGOOSE which aren't great quality and a logo/avatar would be great to use across all the platforms.

I'm open to any suggestions people have and will work my way through the look of the tumblr, instagram and twitter in the next week or two. I'm not a artist though :shrug:

Oh, lovely! Though apparently I can only donate using a credit card and I don't have one of those :(
You should be able to donate by debit card as well. If you change the currency to GBP you should also be able to use PayPal.

https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us/ar ... -you-take-
Oh, I see! Might be a good idea to put that information somewhere in the description of the donation page, so others will know that as well!
Done :D
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon

lilabet wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:01 pm Those pictures are adorable.

Thanks for taking the time to arrange this - amazing! :D <3
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm loving the uptick in charity now! YAY, go phandom! :')

Also, Dan finally liked that tweet that went viral for roasting Colin's cake, so I'm assuming that'll most definitely be in the meme video.
sparkle
blobfish

every time I see a photo of Martyn I'm stuck by how Phil is looking more like him the older he gets :lol: also Cornelia :stan: sorry Dan and Phil, you've been gone too long.

re: Dan and yoga from yesterday,

As someone who is somewhat vertically challenged (aged 22 had to ask her dad to reach for something in the supermarket because it was too high up) I'm genuinely surprised that people think Dan will be flexible because he's taller. I always assumed the opposite was true - i.e. the smaller you are the more bendy you are; because I've generally been significantly more flexible, and definitely had better balance, than my taller friends. Which is obvious unscientific and has a lot of confirmation bias on my part.

Also...

I REALLY want a new video. Like really badly. Gamingmas has ruined me. At this point i'll settle for Dan and Phil - TRY NOT TO CRY CHALLENGE - Filling Out Self Assessment Tax Returns, if it means i'll get to watch them for at least 10.01. I promise not to complain too loudly even if they play a flash game.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

sparkle wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:22 pm re: Dan and yoga from yesterday,

As someone who is somewhat vertically challenged (aged 22 had to ask her dad to reach for something in the supermarket because it was too high up) I'm genuinely surprised that people think Dan will be flexible because he's taller. I always assumed the opposite was true - i.e. the smaller you are the more bendy you are; because I've generally been significantly more flexible, and definitely had better balance, than my taller friends. Which is obvious unscientific and has a lot of confirmation bias on my part.
Seconding this. I was also surprised about people thinking dan would be more flexible bc he's taller. I'm quite tall and have always had incredibly shit flexibility despite being otherwise quite athletic. The smaller people on my sports teams were always the ones that were more flexible. But again, it could just be confirmation bias.
Kimship
glabella

I thought Dan was bendy because his joints are extra bendy? Like with his wrist turning "trick" and stuff.
lilabet
philussy

Phandom Gives Update

So far we've already raised £237 which is 76% of the goal. :respekt2:

Once we hit it I'll adjust it to a higher target. Someone on twitter has volunteered to help out with the branding so hopefully some great changes will show up in the next few days.

In the meantime please share the link.

There are also tweets and posts on twitter and tumblr under the username phandomgives.

Once everything is up and running we can try to organise some other ways to contribute for Dan's drive. I'm taking a lot of inspiration from 1Dfansgive which does raffles, fic, fan art etc.
They're pretty successful. They've raised over 240,000 over the years and still going strong.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
dansnose
delia smith
Pronouns: she/ her

the idea to raise money for charity for the boys’ birthdays etc is honestly blessed and amazing, i fully support it and just donated! <3

unrelated tho... i miss them so much i’m desperate for content pleaaaaaase
obvsly
#relatable

lilabet wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:06 pm Phandom Gives Update

Once we hit it I'll adjust it to a higher target. Someone on twitter has volunteered to help out with the branding so hopefully some great changes will show up in the next few days.
I tried and tried again to make the donation but the site wouldn't let me. :wahh: It said my debit card hasn't been verified with Visa but it's the same one I've been using for iTunes and everything else online. I just made a payment to patreon with the card actually so I have no idea why it said that. I'll try again soon though. Thank you so much for organising this. I'm so proud of the phandom right now. <3
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

There are also tweets and posts on twitter and tumblr under the username phandomgives.

Once everything is up and running we can try to organise some other ways to contribute for Dan's drive. I'm taking a lot of inspiration from 1Dfansgive which does raffles, fic, fan art etc.
They're pretty successful. They've raised over 240,000 over the years and still going strong.
Amazing, please keep up the good work! :respekt2: <3 :platonic: :highfive:
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
swofro
angel bean

I'm so happy that it is going pretty well!

Here's the tweet if anyone want to quickly retweet and spread the words
Love is forever
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Made it to the first goal amount in under a day!! This just gives me warm and fuzzy feelings about phandom. Can't wait to see how it flourishes from here.

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

@sparkle your video idea made me :rofl:

:respekt2: for the charity idea getting rolling and so fast too :ribena:
BluntyMe
tol bean

dansnose wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:12 pm the idea to raise money for charity for the boys’ birthdays etc is honestly blessed and amazing, i fully support it and just donated! <3

unrelated tho... i miss them so much i’m desperate for content pleaaaaaase
1st thread I come across with and this is what I see? OMG this is so amazing!!! Unfortunately I can't donate much but I contributed with what I could.

I miss them so much, I really need their holiday hiatus to be over already
lilabet
philussy

Phandom Gives Update

I've upped the goal to £500. I was very much feeling out where to set the goal originally. Still it's amazing work we've reached the original goal in 24 hours.

Thank you to anyone who has donated or shared. I think my one post on phandomgiving's tumblr has 500+ notes. As someone whose personal tumblr for the last few years had less than 100 followers that's a tad weird. Still all the sharing everyone did has worked.

I'm going to focus on getting the basics in place for Phil's drive but if anyone has creative ideas for Dan's that would be great.
Still closer to Phil's borthday I'm going to promote small donations: 3.10 for Phils 31st, matching peoples donations of that amount up to a certain figure etc.
Phandom Gives
DatCog
blobfish

The Phandom Gives charity fundraiser is such a heartwarming idea. I'm very happy to give a few £s and it's fantastic to see it doing so well in such a short space of time. By the time we get to the 30th, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the thousands!! I'm sure Phil will feel all warm and fuzzy when he sees what's happening :love2: :platonic: :tu:

Do you think there's any chance of a Dan live show tonight? I'm getting desperate for new content! I guess the Dan memes video will be out in a day or two.
BluntyMe
tol bean

lilabet wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:25 pm Phandom Gives Update

I've upped the goal to £500. I was very much feeling out where to set the goal originally. Still it's amazing work we've reached the original goal in 24 hours.

Thank you to anyone who has donated or shared. I think my one post on phandomgiving's tumblr has 500+ notes. As someone whose personal tumblr for the last few years had less than 100 followers that's a tad weird. Still all the sharing everyone did has worked.

I'm going to focus on getting the basics in place for Phil's drive but if anyone has creative ideas for Dan's that would be great.
Still closer to Phil's borthday I'm going to promote small donations: 3.10 for Phils 31st, matching peoples donations of that amount up to a certain figure etc.
I might have missed it but can you link me to that post? I have over 3500 followers on mine. I'd gladly promote this amazing gesture
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

This is amazing, well done with all the hard work put into this! I’m going to donate tonight.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

BluntyMe wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:31 pm

I might have missed it but can you link me to that post? I have over 3500 followers on mine. I'd gladly promote this amazing gesture
I'm gonna go ahead and link to my reblog since I stuck a big bolded clickable link in there. If you'd rather reblog the original you can just click back to that though!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I love this, such a great idea and thank you for all the work and effort you're putting into this. :love2:
I'm happy that I could contribute, even though it was a small amount :D
lilabet
philussy

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:59 pm
BluntyMe wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:31 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and link to my reblog since I stuck a big bolded clickable link in there. If you'd rather reblog the original you can just click back to that though!
Thanks @alittledizzy

List of links:
Tumblr account: https://phandomgives.tumblr.com/
Original post: https://phandomgives.tumblr.com/post/16 ... t-birthday
Update: https://phandomgives.tumblr.com/post/16 ... ive-update
Twitterfeed https://twitter.com/PhandomGives
Original post:https://twitter.com/PhandomGives/status ... 1090108422
Phandom Gives