Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

just saw phil's tweet (+ dan's retweet) -- so proud of everyone who made this happen and donated, and so happy at dan and phil's response and the boost that the fundraiser is getting. full of warm, fuzzy feelings for the community rn <3 <3 <3
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

okay this is turning into literally the best day ever tweets wise :love1: :love2: :love2: :love2:
Ablissa
pastel persona

That selfie... wow... What a good day <3

I'm so emotional about Phil noticing the fundraiser. So proud of everyone here, especially lilabet. I love IDB more and more each day <3
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Phil's tweet game is on fire today, and so is he. :love1:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil has my heart this year and it's only January 11th. I loved his tweet about the charity - it felt like a tweet from Phil Lester and not from amazingphil.

The selfie - he's not making a goofy face and he looks good.
DatCog
blobfish

That looks a bit more like a Dan jumper than a Phil jumper...I very much approve <3
sparkle
blobfish

Dan can gtfo, my new life goal is to marry Phil Lester :stan:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
autumnhearth
senpai

Thank you lilabet et all! :ribena:
The earlier tweet from Phil warmed my heart. <3

Also he looks beautiful in that selfie. :loveeyes:

Looks like he’s feeling better. I’m assuming it’s too late for a ls though.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

reiterating that phil lester is the love of my life. i'm actually crying over that tweet promoting the charity, watching it go from an idea to a full blown fundraiser in days makes my heart explode with fondness! i am so proud of everyone who helped donate and you know cREATE THIS AMAZING THING WITHIN HOURS WHAAAT? also soft phil selfie- i dont think i've ever saved anything to my camera roll faster.
:happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
malday
emo goose

AroboticPhil wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:04 pm okay this is turning into literally the best day ever tweets wise :love1: :love2: :love2: :love2:
Great new selfie angle, keep it, Phil! let's never see the :O face ever again! :thanks:
If this keeps up they'll turn us into toast with whatever they post on his birthday.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

lilabet wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:43 pm Okay I may be freaking out a little. I saw it about 20 minutes after it happened as I was looking into website options. Thanks @missemma I'll get back to that at some point.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm so glad that the conversation about charity was brought up. I had been considering setting up the charity drive for a few months and that gave me the nudge over the edge. I've always had so much fun with the 1D ones and reading birthday messages is always so sweet.

So far it's gone amazingly well. I know some people mentioned some complaints on other sites but I have not had a single negative retweet or @ on any site. A few questions but those were easy to answer.

I now need to dive in to answer peoples tweets once I wade through them. I had to turn on notification controls :lol:

I can't believe we're past the dream £3,100 already. :stan: <3 :respekt2:

Thank you all so much for the suggestions, encouragement and support.
Lol I was so shook that i @d the wrong emma. Sorry about that. missemma is going to help me out with twitter and datcog with a website. Also big shout out to psychicmoth for the amazing branding which should also come into play on the website.

If anyone comes up with some great ideas for encouraging donations for Dan's drive (since Phil's is so short) that would be a great help. Things with fanart or fic usually go down well but I have never been involved in that before. Anyway not rush we've still got a few weeks to focus on pure fundraising for Phil.
I was considering doing a matching drive for Phil's where people volunteer to match a certain number of donations. For example I would match 10 donations of £3.10. Anyone think this would actually work? I was thinking I could emphasis this in the week of his birthday. Just some thoughts.

Thanks everyone :love2:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
hello9217
flower crown

That tweet about the fundraiser made me tear up a bit. I'll say again-major props to everyone who set it up and donated <3 Also that Phil selfie? Amazing, beautiful, breathtaking. I noticed Phil has been more natural in selfies and hope he keeps it up :stan:
sparkle
blobfish

lilabet wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 pm
lilabet wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:43 pm Okay I may be freaking out a little. I saw it about 20 minutes after it happened as I was looking into website options. Thanks @missemma I'll get back to that at some point.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm so glad that the conversation about charity was brought up. I had been considering setting up the charity drive for a few months and that gave me the nudge over the edge. I've always had so much fun with the 1D ones and reading birthday messages is always so sweet.

So far it's gone amazingly well. I know some people mentioned some complaints on other sites but I have not had a single negative retweet or @ on any site. A few questions but those were easy to answer.

I now need to dive in to answer peoples tweets once I wade through them. I had to turn on notification controls :lol:

I can't believe we're past the dream £3,100 already. :stan: <3 :respekt2:

Thank you all so much for the suggestions, encouragement and support.
Lol I was so shook that i @d the wrong emma. Sorry about that. missemma is going to help me out with twitter and datcog with a website. Also big shout out to psychicmoth for the amazing branding which should also come into play on the website.

If anyone comes up with some great ideas for encouraging donations for Dan's drive (since Phil's is so short) that would be a great help. Things with fanart or fic usually go down well but I have never been involved in that before. Anyway not rush we've still got a few weeks to focus on pure fundraising for Phil.
I was considering doing a matching drive for Phil's where people volunteer to match a certain number of donations. For example I would match 10 donations of £3.10. Anyone think this would actually work? I was thinking I could emphasis this in the week of his birthday. Just some thoughts.

Thanks everyone :love2:
people like you are the reason that internet fandoms make me happy - this is an amazing thing for you to have encouraged and created <3

(also I'd volunteer to match some smaller donations, I've already donated with gift aid but I wouldnt be against donating again)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
anonymousdork
delia smith

Oh my god. I am so so proud of everyone donating! And Phil's tweet brought in so many more potential donations, as well as making me cry... <3 <3 <3

Edit: Phil looks stunning. My skin has cleared, my crops are flourishing. This man needs to wear black on a daily basis.
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
Ablissa
pastel persona

Almost £4100 now! Amazing!!!! <3 <3 <3
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

Seeing this fundraiser go from a concept to a reality has been mind blowing, and I can't believe how quickly it's gaining traction! Everyone who's donated is doing such a great thing, and I'm glad to see the phandom really coming together to do good :love2: I really wish I had the means to donate, but seeing everyone else do so makes me crazy proud

Also, Phil's tweets were top notch, what a lovely sweater, I wanna buy one just like it now :blackheart:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I'm so proud of the phandom as a community. Thanks to lilabet and to everyone who donated.
I can't believe Phil noticed it.

Also thank you for that selfie lord
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

What a beautiful thing to wake up to. Thank you again lilabet for organising and the continued work, everyone helping with that side of things currently, and everyone donating. for those who can't afford to donate, thank you for retweeting and boosting the message, that's just as important.

can't overstate how important the timing is also that Make a Wish picked it up and caught phil's attention, not for self-congratulatory back-patting, but because there's so much disturbing fan support of shitty youtube creator behaviour going around at the moment on social media. i think it probably genuinely surprised phil and dan, and the wider phandom, and is a chance to reinforce positive behaviour and outcomes and set a tone in a troubling landscape.

it would be fantastic if there could be a continuation of positive activism as we inch towards Interactive Introverts. but any undertaking is a lot of sustained work for those involved, who don't have as much time, power and influence as the creator themselves (and may not even be adults, like the majority of us on IDB). i like the idea that people have already pondered regarding deppy themselves spearheading something at the tour dates; i know object collections and volunteer-sign up sheets have been effective for other touring acts i've followed in the past. perhaps collectively we could tweet them to let them know that is something the community would support? some ideas will not be doable, but it doesn't matter, it shows them the possibilities and they can figure out the most simple options from there. just a thought!

edit: the selfie Phil posted may be my favourite in a long time. he looks so confident and relaxed but also sweet. what a handsome man, too!
art in avatar by lily
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Gorgeous photo, my goodness what a face :love2:

Incredible to see the fundraiser shooting higher and higher too :respekt2:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

God Phil's tweet was so lovely, and it was obvious how genuinely appreciative and touched he (and also Dan I'm sure) was at the notion. @lilabet and anyone else involved in setting up the drive should be so proud, and same goes for everyone of us who's donated and/or shared. This is so wholesome, I feel like I might cry :')

Also Phil's selfie was potentially the loveliest selfie he's ever posted of himself - he really does look super confident and happy in it, I hope this means that the deer-in-the-headlight look has gone into permanent hibernation. He really is very handsome!!

Also also, when will live shows return from war :(
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

mermaid blood wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:35 am it would be fantastic if there could be a continuation of positive activism as we inch towards Interactive Introverts. but any undertaking is a lot of sustained work for those involved, who don't have as much time, power and influence as the creator themselves (and may not even be adults, like the majority of us on IDB). i like the idea that people have already pondered regarding deppy themselves spearheading something at the tour dates; i know object collections and volunteer-sign up sheets have been effective for other touring acts i've followed in the past. perhaps collectively we could tweet them to let them know that is something the community would support? some ideas will not be doable, but it doesn't matter, it shows them the possibilities and they can figure out the most simple options from there. just a thought!
LOVE this idea! I think it would be so cool to volunteer to help out at the venues, too. What a great opportunity to meet other members of the phandom while also helping out for charity <3

Also I'm in amazment at the phil selfie like everyone else. I'm normally more of a dan girl but this pic had me like :loveeyes:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
JustMarie
drama llama

I FREAKIN LOVE THIS COMMUNITY!!! <3

I'm sooooooo proud of everyone who has contributed to this and @lilabet for creating this amazing thing we as a community are doing!!

Also, that selfie wow, I love Phil :love1:
readingmama
dank meme

by mermaid blood » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:35 pm

What a beautiful thing to wake up to. Thank you again lilabet for organising and the continued work, everyone helping with that side of things currently, and everyone donating. for those who can't afford to donate, thank you for retweeting and boosting the message, that's just as important.

can't overstate how important the timing is also that Make a Wish picked it up and caught phil's attention, not for self-congratulatory back-patting, but because there's so much disturbing fan support of shitty youtube creator behaviour going around at the moment on social media. i think it probably genuinely surprised phil and dan, and the wider phandom, and is a chance to reinforce positive behaviour and outcomes and set a tone in a troubling landscape.

it would be fantastic if there could be a continuation of positive activism as we inch towards Interactive Introverts. but any undertaking is a lot of sustained work for those involved, who don't have as much time, power and influence as the creator themselves (and may not even be adults, like the majority of us on IDB). i like the idea that people have already pondered regarding deppy themselves spearheading something at the tour dates; i know object collections and volunteer-sign up sheets have been effective for other touring acts i've followed in the past. perhaps collectively we could tweet them to let them know that is something the community would support? some ideas will not be doable, but it doesn't matter, it shows them the possibilities and they can figure out the most simple options from there. just a thought!:
I think, unless I have missed something that this is the first time that the power of the phandom has been unleased in a pure charitable effort and not tied to a merch item or contest. The boys know that people will buy in support or donate if there is an incentive but this idea of pure charity might be revelation and I join you in hoping it will inspire more efforts!

Also re:selfie- I get the impression that Phil was equally rewarding people for the donations and distracting from the lack of a liveshow/meme video but I'm not complaining! Its nice to see him :D
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The fundraiser is such a heartwarming note to start the year on. :love2: It's so nice to see that it's doing so well and I'm glad Phil (and Dan) appreciated it. I'm so proud that this all started from a discussion on IDB and all hail lilabet for getting shit done :stan:

Yay for Phil rewarding the phandom with a nice selfie as well~
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

oh man i just checked the status of the page and it's quite close £5000!! i'm such a jumbled mess over how incredibly mushy this whole thing is making me feel. i feel pretty over the moon about the phandom and being involved with it this year, and we aren't even halfway through january :happytears:

huge props to lilabet for getting this together and off the ground, and to everyone else involved, you're all amazing :love1: