Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Oh well okay! You don’t only need to ask me twice ;)
Guess it’s time to move on from saving everything in iPad photos and be a big girl and move to actual files on the desktop. I’ll message you when I have things in order, thanks. Maybe it will encourage me to get back to furry research too. And yay Jimmy!
phillyforgot
butt chair

I just wanted to drop in and say that I really liked the Phil tweet. It was so Phil-ish, I loved it. <3
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

phillyforgot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 pm I just wanted to drop in and say that I really liked the Phil tweet. It was so Phil-ish, I loved it. <3
after a while of lurkin here silently i decide 2 join. helo.
i agree! i relate to phils humor, idk if a lot of people get it and just shake it off as "weird" (which it totally is, but thats. our. phil.) his mind works in strange ways i love!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Given we're probs not getting more content any time soon, I thought this might be fun. I was doing a bit of cleaning today, uncovered DAPGO, and found myself reading things I never really thought about or that I thought we just plain cute. So here's a few random thoughts:

They.... rented a taxi for a full day? In San Francisco? How much did the cost?! :shock:

Dan took this picture because nickname. Right? Right.

This image is tragically underrated and deserves to be highlighted. Phil's so pretty. That is all.
Pls feel free to add on~
aleanna
glabella

rizzo wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:55 pm
This image is tragically underrated and deserves to be highlighted. Phil's so pretty. That is all.[/Hide]

Pls feel free to add on~
Fun fact: My ex's family owns and operates the boats that D+P went on in Chicago. When I bought DAPGO last May, I saw the flyer in the inside cover collage and freaked the fuck out.
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:55 pm Given we're probs not getting more content any time soon, I thought this might be fun. I was doing a bit of cleaning today, uncovered DAPGO, and found myself reading things I never really thought about or that I thought we just plain cute. So here's a few random thoughts:

They.... rented a taxi for a full day? In San Francisco? How much did the cost?! :shock:

This image is tragically underrated and deserves to be highlighted. Phil's so pretty. That is all.
Pls feel free to add on~
This makes me wonder how many of the things they did as side trips were written off under being for DAPGO? They had the photographer with them in San Francisco, but even things like Niagra - would they be able to expense stuff for a book like that, something that incurs expenses just in the creation process? Or is it just that they'd get an advance on publishing and expenses that pile up are on them, they'll make it back from publication profits?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

rizzo wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:55 pm Given we're probs not getting more content any time soon, I thought this might be fun. I was doing a bit of cleaning today, uncovered DAPGO, and found myself reading things I never really thought about or that I thought we just plain cute. So here's a few random thoughts:

Pls feel free to add on~
i forgot how many gems dapgo gave us, despite the concept really being so ridiculous. i've added a few of my favourites under the cut

i love this one so much because everyone has the same expression and smile, expect for phil who's like modelling or something

KatjaZoe
sad dimple

rizzo wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:55 pm Image
omgggg I love this, I've never seen this picture before! Bears are my favorite animal, and a family nickname I used to have when I was younger is "baby bear," so I have quite a few pictures quite similar to this -- you'd be surprised how many large bear statues there are in America. And Dan looks so cute! I love pics taken from his "bad" side. <3

I never read (I'm using that term loosely) DAPGO, just TABINOF. Please keep posting your favs, people! So many pics I haven't seen before.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Love seeing the pics from DAPGO. I never bought the book, and I tried using the drug deal to look at the pictures but unfortunately wasn't able to view the book through that site. Does anyone know anywhere else all the pics might be posted? I went through the dapgo tag on tumblr when the book came out, but I'm still seeing some here that I've never seen before, so I definitely haven't seen all the pics yet.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, these photos. The Starbucks one, love Dan’s cheesy expression. The boat one is so chill and Phil does look particularly good.

The cab tour must have been a good day and I imagine the driver was pleased to have an all-day gig and nice people to show everything to. My dad (was also a cabbie) would have been in his element giving them all the info, though they didn’t go into details, it may have been more that he have dropped them off and waited around, or some of both.

That one of them all turning to face the camera always makes me laugh, it’s the sort of quirky pose they get you to do at a wedding. Also Dan is such a beanpole even being only an inch taller. I love Ed too, he’s the cutest.

Dan sitting in the bear’s lap is too cute (was at a family thing today and one teen kid was on his older bro’s lap for a bit, it was sweet).

Phil just in the zone in his pyjamas and patchwork quilt with the Xbox, tbh my overriding impression of that photo is so much bright green, it’s a bit intense. I love pics of them in their pyjamas, though. Dan in the Pokemon trainer trousers and camo top is the cuddliest, and I think my favourite of Phil’s are still the Star Wars (“Han Solo and a Stormtrooper seem to be guarding my butt”... good view, Phil ;)

Dan lying down with his laptop and looking at Phil/the camera like that... I tried to draw it, but I just made him look worried, that’s a hard expression to capture, but that photo’s one of my favourites. It’s the closest I’ve seen Dan to looking like a cat that’s been disturbed mid-sleep.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Pls feel free to add on~
This makes me wonder how many of the things they did as side trips were written off under being for DAPGO? They had the photographer with them in San Francisco, but even things like Niagra - would they be able to expense stuff for a book like that, something that incurs expenses just in the creation process? Or is it just that they'd get an advance on publishing and expenses that pile up are on them, they'll make it back from publication profits?
OMG! I never considered this. I feel like they totally could? And probably did? I wonder if the ability to do so prompted them to splurge more.

In fairness, they could totally afford to do all of this regardless. The fact that they'd make money off of it probably just sweetened the deal.

A few people mentioned they hadn't flipped through the book or hadn't seen some of these pics, SO here's a handful more that I love and think are highly underrated:

This pic's been floating around (in a less crappy version, sorry!) and like... I still don't understand. What is this cereal print ad shit?

Not exactly Dan or Phil, but I really value this heartwarming photo of lovable Lester lads.

Werq

Werq 2.0

My favorite part of this photo is that it's part of a giant collage of pics from their after-party photo booth. Except the photos of Duncan and Mimei are the only ones from the LA party. Everything else is from the UK. It just warms my heart how much they value this friendship.

IDK. Dan's face made me love this.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

rizzo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:23 am A few people mentioned they hadn't flipped through the book or hadn't seen some of these pics, SO here's a handful more that I love and think are highly underrated:

This pic's been floating around (in a less crappy version, sorry!) and like... I still don't understand. What is this cereal print ad shit?

Not exactly Dan or Phil, but I really value this heartwarming photo of lovable Lester lads.

Werq

Werq 2.0

My favorite part of this photo is that it's part of a giant collage of pics from their after-party photo booth. Except the photos of Duncan and Mimei are the only ones from the LA party. Everything else is from the UK. It just warms my heart how much they value this friendship.

Thanks for posting all these pics! I hadn't seen a few of these ones before.

Re: cereal pic - seriously though, wtf is with that picture? Was it a posed photo? Does Dan just smile at Phil pouring cereal every morning? Do they have some kind of cereal kink? It really looks like they're in a cereal commercial, cast as an over-the-top couple being way too happy about breakfast.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

forgot how cute some of the dapgo pictures were! at one point my 8-year-old cousin picked it up and started reading it so you know it's gotta be good.

the cereal picture i saw as a dapgo spoiler and i definitely thought it was photoshopped.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Oh, god. The photo of Phil in Dan’s 3,300$ potato sack just melts my heart. Ugh

:happytears:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

DAPGO is definitely solid proof that Phil can pull some amazing expressions in photos when they're candids or he's in the right mood. That couch one, and the one on stage where they're all giving the over the shoulder look, and the popcorn one - not to mention the little grin in the cereal one.

I'm so glad 2018 has, so far, granted us more Phil pics with expressions like that than his o-face ones.
rizzo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:23 am
OMG! I never considered this. I feel like they totally could? And probably did? I wonder if the ability to do so prompted them to splurge more.

In fairness, they could totally afford to do all of this regardless. The fact that they'd make money off of it probably just sweetened the deal.
Yeah - you're right, they could totally afford it regardless. But I definitely feel like DAPGO gave them the perfect excuse to splurge on some things they might not have found time or money for in their schedule otherwise, you know? And it makes me happy. The book was a delight, for us to view in retrospect and I think for them to make the memories required to create.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

Pls feel free to add on~

A few people mentioned they hadn't flipped through the book or hadn't seen some of these pics, SO here's a handful more that I love and think are highly underrated:

Werq

Werq 2.0

im laughing at the pic of the blue jays cup, it looks like it has w33d in it filled to the brim.
also the cereal one Made Me Gay! and phil wearing dans sweater is so beautiful.
i actually like the potato sack jumper fight me
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Ewok
rainbow nerd

ratlad wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:48 am im laughing at the pic of the blue jays cup, it looks like it has w33d in it filled to the brim.
also the cereal one Made Me Gay! and phil wearing dans sweater is so beautiful.
i actually like the potato sack jumper fight me
you're not alone. i actually think dan looks really cute in it (which is probs not at all what he was going for when he bought it, but oh well)

i think i just really like the oversized sweaters trend. they both pull it off so easily. i'm always so surprised at how good phil looks when he wears trendy shit. like, seeing him in those ripped jeans in the viewers chose my outfit vid? i died that day :love2:

i'd give my left ovary to see dan style phil with no pretenses. ugh.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
blackdenim
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59 am

Yeah - you're right, they could totally afford it regardless. But I definitely feel like DAPGO gave them the perfect excuse to splurge on some things they might not have found time or money for in their schedule otherwise, you know? And it makes me happy. The book was a delight, for us to view in retrospect and I think for them to make the memories required to create.
Checking in with my v specific knowledges of UK both self-employment tax regulations and publishing here: most of the trips in DAPGO were almost certainly write-offs for D&P. Either they will have just put them down as 'allowable expenses' on their tax returns (which doesn't mean that you get the money back but it does mean you don't pay tax on that portion of your income, eg. if your tax-free allowance is £11,500 and you spend £3,000 on allowable expenses over the tax year, your tax-free allowance becomes £14,500 so you essentially get £3k off your tax bill, which you can kind of view as the trips being 'free' because you would have had to pay that money in tax otherwise).

Or depending on their deal with the publishing company, they will have submitted expense forms and got reimbursed by the publishers for everything they spent. You also don't have to pay tax on expenses from your employer since technically they are 'borrowing' the money from you (at the point at which you pay for the taxi, meal, etc) and paying you back when you submit your expenses, so it's not regarded as income.

It could be that the publishers said 'ok you can spend XYZ amount we think is reasonable over the course of the trip' and they decided to splurge a little on some of the things because they wanted to. Or it could be that they just had very generous publishers lol.

PS I have hired a taxi driver for the whole day before but that was in India so I imagine it was slightly cheaper than this guy in SF :lol: bet he thought all his Christmases had come at once when D&P rolled up!!
realeyesrealize
living flop

What is happening. alittledizzy, your vision is coming to life :stan:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

what?? the fuck???

I don't know what's going on with Phil and Faberge but this is the weirdest and funniest plot twist of 2018 so far.
fancybum
senpai

omg the back-eggening is upon us :stan:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alch
ar·tic·u·late

realeyesrealize wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:48 pm
< insert michael scott it's happening gif >
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

There are few things I want more in life right now than for Phil Lester to become an inadvertent spokesperson for Faberge. (Insert raining money smiley here)
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
sonicgreen
woodland creature

What can possibly happen with that sponsored partnership? Phil modeling? Send him a free back egg? I'm just confused because the phandom isn't exactly the audience for £34,000 bejeweled egg pendants? I can't say this isn't the most entertainment we've had this year though. :lol:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

sonicgreen wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:34 pm What can possibly happen with that sponsored partnership? Phil modeling? Send him a free back egg? I'm just confused because the phandom isn't exactly the audience for £34,000 bejeweled egg pendants? I can't say this isn't the most entertainment we've had this year though. :lol:
I agree. Most people in the phandom cannot and will never be able to afford jewelry in that price range. You can argue for some advertisement aimed at a younger audience - like car brands, cause everyone's gonna grow up and need a car eventually - but high-end jewlery?
The marketing team is probably pretty excited about the attention but from a business standpoint, I don't see how a #spon of any sorts would make sense.