Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
blackdenim
procrastinator

sparkle wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:17 pm
blackdenim wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:13 pm I was thinking part of the reason for their silence/lack of uploads this week could be that it's tax season here in the UK, and although I'm sure they have an accountant at this point to actually do it for them, you still have to get everything together (receipts, expenses, details of income, etc) so they could have been busy with that this week and not had time to film/edit and not thought to tweet, etc?
Honestly my previous request for them to film ANYTHING including them doing their taxes is because I know its tax season and its most likely what they are doing.

I'd like a video today; I've had a day and I need something funny.
Haha fair enough! As someone who's done her own taxes this week, I would also love a #relatable video about the stresses of submitting a tax return to HMRC but I reckon we could be in the minority tbh.
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:11 pm
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:02 pm [...]
When they played Little Nightmares, they cut out the room where there was a guy hanging and that wasn’t even an important part of the game.
[...]
Wow, really? I don't remember that video super clearly, but did they mention that they cut out a part? If not, that actually bothers me. I watch Let's Plays to experience games that I don't wanna play myself, and I don't want to get the YouTuber's Cut edition. I can understand that they wanna take out heavy imagery, both because they don't feel comfortable addressing it or because the video might get age-gated, but they should definitely mention that they took out a scene.

I am pretty sure that they are purposefully avoiding games that cover heavier topics. Sometimes it's easier to avoid a topic than to address it, especially if you don't have to.
My first thought wasn't that they were trying to avoid addressing it, but that maybe they had a bad reaction to it/they talked about something personal while playing that would be too long a cut. Phil's had friends die for whatever reasons, and Dan has clinical depression, for all we know suicide is something they've had experience with. Not saying they would have had full-on breakdowns, but you might see it in their faces if they left that part in, you know? And if they cut out the scene for that reason, then I'm sure it'd be uncomfortable for them to bring up when quite a few people didn't even notice it was gone.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:23 pm
Catallena wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 pm I gotta say this tweet is a bit un-Phil like to me? Yet at the same time it's not because it does have the appropriate amount of rANd0Mn3sS in there to be something Phil would tweet. Maybe their hiatus has finally started messing with me? Please boys, do something tonight. Upload or stream idgaf what it is at this point.
Is it un-Phil? Hasn't he brought up the washing machine fandom on youtube at least 10 times? He's finally coming out that he is a part of that side of YT.
It wasn't the subject that threw me off, more so the writing style. If it weren't for the tweet starting with a capital letter that would be Dan-Suffering-From-Editing-Cave-Delirium tweet right there.

God I hope Dan uploads tonight or tomorrow. I've dissed the upcoming meme video, but at this point I'm desperate for the damn thing if it gets us out of this drought.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

SPOILERS ABOUT DOKI DOKI LIT CLUB BELOW
Coming from someone in they're mid-20s who's dealt with depression, suicidal thoughts, and cutting/self-harm -- when I watched jacksepticeye play DDLC, it was pretty freaking triggering. After I watched the part where you find Sayouri hanging, i was awake for hours unable to get it out of my head. Yuri cutting in general I related a little too hard to, and cutting is something I haven't identified myself with in years. (Regardless, I did enjoy the story over all). Simply based off my own reaction, and myself being older than a lot of their audience, I could see why Dan and Phil wouldn't want to expose a bunch of teens to such heavy themes.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

KatjaZoe wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:12 pm SPOILERS ABOUT DOKI DOKI LIT CLUB BELOW
Coming from someone in they're mid-20s who's dealt with depression, suicidal thoughts, and cutting/self-harm -- when I watched jacksepticeye play DDLC, it was pretty freaking triggering. After I watched the part where you find Sayouri hanging, i was awake for hours unable to get it out of my head. Yuri cutting in general I related a little too hard to, and cutting is something I haven't identified myself with in years. (Regardless, I did enjoy the story over all). Simply based off my own reaction, and myself being older than a lot of their audience, I could see why Dan and Phil wouldn't want to expose a bunch of teens to such heavy themes.
This was my reaction to it as well. It kinda ruined my life for a week. It's a great game but.....
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Yeah tbh I'm actually thankful they don't really play games with this kind of potentially very trigerring moments because if they uploaded a video with those trigger warnings I wouldn't watch it but then I'd feel sad and annoyed for missing out on some content :(

also i'm really expecting something new this weekend please deppy don't disappoint
greenergrass
stress mushroom

whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:36 pm
fancybum wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:17 pm I wouldn't mind being surprised by a video (lolunderstatement) today, but I'm anticipating a game stream tomorrow and Dan's video on Mon or Tues (and a liveshow either before/after?!!??). Based on nothing and I'm fully prepared to continue living the disappointment of no videos at all :lol:
Ooh I like the thought of a game stream tomorrow. Loweryourexpectations, loweryourexpectations. I was hoping Dan's video would come quicker than that. And oh god, please a liveshow soon! (Not only for the liveshow which I'm dying for another one, but I'm also missing your timestamps hahah).

I would definitely be good with gaming livestream tomorrow, dinof memes on monday, dan liveshow tuesday. But I think I'm dreaming there. "Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst" is the motto to live by
I had now got my hopes up for a gaming vid today, and it's looking very unpromising at this point. Thanks a lot @fancybum :p Why do I ever put any hope in men? haha
sonicgreen
woodland creature

sparkle
blobfish

he replied to someone - memes are tomorrow apparently!
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
fancybum
senpai

whatdoiknow wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:31 pm I had now got my hopes up for a gaming vid today, and it's looking very unpromising at this point. Thanks a lot @fancybum :p Why do I ever put any hope in men? haha
I love being wrong. If it helps, I played myself too. I'M SIGHING IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF LONDON.

But can we bask in the beauty of Phil tweeting out an excited and expectant dog just before Dan posted a pic of himself that Phil obviously took? Phil's hyping up his own photography (of his pretty pretty man) and I'm here for it.
sparkle wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:43 pm he replied to someone - memes are tomorrow apparently!
sweet relief at last
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
DatCog
blobfish

I love that he got Phil to take the photo while he posed in the shower! He looks great (and confirms he’s not the creep shot guy as no recent haircut) :D
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

fancybum wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:43 pm
whatdoiknow wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:31 pm I had now got my hopes up for a gaming vid today, and it's looking very unpromising at this point. Thanks a lot @fancybum :p Why do I ever put any hope in men? haha
I love being wrong. If it helps, I played myself too. I'M SIGHING IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF LONDON.

But can we bask in the beauty of Phil tweeting out an excited and expectant dog just before Dan posted a pic of himself that Phil obviously took? Phil's hyping up his own photography (of his pretty pretty man) and I'm here for it.
I about had a heart attack thinking it was the notification for a video but this is good too
dontpanic
#relatable

Secretstanner wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:55 am
alch wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:52 am
blueskies wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:35 am While we're waiting for Dan's memes video, has anyone seen Ryan Higa's latest video YouTube Reryan Fail? The amount of shade he throws at YouTube is incredible, and I admire him for it. It's great.

I'm not saying that I want deppy to do something like that, but I'm also saying that deppy would never do anything like that. I'm pretty sure they'll never come even remotely close to offending YouTube.
Honestly deppy never speak ill of youtube, and they're such buddies with Susan Wojcicki it's insane. I was glad Ryan Higa spoke out against the shit youtube pulled in the most Ryan Higa way possible, and I don't think we can really expect the same from Dan and Phil
Honestly why do people think they will ever speak out about YouTube or controversy that doesn’t impacked them directly. They would never unless it was going to effect them, and as we have found out they are both on the recommended channels for google ads. It does bug me but I can’t really blame them. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. I’d probably do the same in their position :roll: but I really did like Ryan’s video, I don’t watch him but I thought I’d give it a look and it was good.
While waiting for more content (edit: +1 for Dan's pic :love1: ) I'm going to resurrect and old topic and just add that them being google preferred channels for the past few years isn't that big of a reason not to call out YouTube for some of their bs. Ryan Higa's channel is a preferred channel (thanks for the vid rec btw, it was hilarious), as are other channels like Jacksfilms who (mildly) criticize youtube. If YT is making money they won't do anything unless there's Felix/Logan Paul levels of bad press. If they started talking major smack about yt it might be different, but if they commented occasionally on things that matter (like most recently YT's handling of the Logan Paul stuff) there's no way their relationship with YT would change. Susan's not gonna stop schmoozing them for their large, passionate fanbase just because they occasionally comment on the downsides of the yt algorithm and stuff.

I don't fault them for never speaking out about... well, anything, but they do it because they choose to stay in their bubble of positivity, which is kind of nice as a viewer. But YT wants them equally or greater than what deppy needs of them.

There are cases where the big creators need to speak out in order for youtube to actually act, like with when LGBT content was being restricted or with the whole Logan Paul deal, and quite a lot of YT's golden children reacted with no repercussions. It's fine (although at times kinda annoying) that deppy stay quiet, but I don't believe it's out of self-preservation re: YouTube.
Last edited by dontpanic on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

fancybum wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:43 pm

I feel like I've been sighing in the general direction of London for the last 6 years.

Okay, okay Phil knows how to win us over. And Dan's kinda cute too I guess (I'm not understating that at all, nope, not at all attracted to Dan).
sparkle wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:43 pm he replied to someone - memes are tomorrow apparently!
sweet relief at last
Well, the exact tweet said "coming tomorrow (hopefully)" so I'm not getting too excited yet. I've learned from my mistakes (have I?)

Edit: take two of trying to fix the quote tag
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Yay, video tomorrow! (hopefully)
Nice picture of him, average caption, whatever
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

so the video will be up tomorrow, maybe! two weeks into 2018 and we’ve had no liveshow, no actual video (the bloopers don’t count as it’s old footage and the video was only 4 minutes long) and a selfie from each of them. again I’m just gonna day they’re preparing us for a year of minimal uploads/interaction when the tour starts.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Maybe I'm being far too optimistic, but I'm hoping the drought during the tour won't be as bad as it was during tatinof. Deppy are very self-aware, I'm sure they noticed that the drought took its toll on a lot of their fans, so I'm counting on them to stay in touch. Of course they won't be as active as before, which is a shame as they started to fall into a sort of routine with their videos spread across different channels, but they won't do this to us again. I hope. Please. Please boys.
fancybum
senpai

Ok I want to see a full length shot of Dan wearing this top because it looks like a shorter cut than what we usually see him in. What’s his ass/belt situation like these days, it’s an ongoing mystery.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Dan’s video coming tomorrow when I’d expected him upload by Friday has my hopes raised a bit higher for it to be particularly good and funny, do here’s hoping. I imagine it took him at least until Tuesday to sort through and decide on all the tumblr submissions, it seems like quite an undertaking.

I love the new photo, though I find it hilarious that he’s in the bathroom and gazing at the wall. How interesting are these tiles? Cute jumper and profile shot, though. Lol, from what we’ve seen on the occasions his top isn’t long enough to cover the waist of his jeans, his pants are still higher (pinof 9 where he leans over the bed was a good view).
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:14 am Ok I want to see a full length shot of Dan wearing this top because it looks like a shorter cut than what we usually see him in. What’s his ass/belt situation like these days, it’s an ongoing mystery.
I feel like we saw substantial underwear-butt lately, I just can't remember where?

edit: oh i just realized flarequake already named it, it was in pinof 9 bloopers!
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:40 am I feel like we saw substantial underwear-butt lately, I just can't remember where?

edit: oh i just realized flarequake already named it, it was in pinof 9 bloopers!
Also in the 'Dan and Phil get real jobs' VR video or whatever it was called:
In other news, I am excited for Dan's video (hopefully) tomorrow, and happy to hear that there'll be a liveshow soon after it. It seems like they're slowly returning from their hibernation, which is nice, I have missed them (although I don't actually feel too antsy about the lack of content, probably because I'm in Australia where it's summer holidays for all students, and even though most adults/non-students are back at work now there's a general chill vibe in the air this month so I feel like they're justified in taking a break).
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:elephant: IDB is hiring*! :elephant:

If you would be interested in applying for a moderator position on IDB, then please complete our application form which can be found here: Moderator Application form!

Moderator duties will most frequently include: making sure the rules are adhered to, monitoring for spam, thread management, and keeping an eye out for stray broken coding. The application will be open through January 31. After the application period has ended, we'll contact a short-list of those we're most interested in to follow up.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask privately or respond here. :)

* no overtime pay no vacation pay no benefits and actually no pay at all
charlottekath
squish

Cornelia's instagram, I love her caption vs Dan's sweater selfie last night.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

lol imagine if they were in thailand this whole time.
art in avatar by lily
human
dan hand trash

mermaid blood wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:19 am lol imagine if they were in thailand this whole time.
:platonic: :love2: