Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Locked
User avatar
vincentian
rainbow nerd
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:49 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by vincentian » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Re: Dip&Dot's upload shedule - correct me if I'm wrong but isn't adsence value the lowest in January and one of the highest in December? So creators cram as much content as they can at the end of the year and then chill a bit. Also wouldn't be surprised if boys took as much holiday time as they can now (including possibly going somewhere tropical), before the tour craziness starts. Not that I don't crave any kind of video at this point.

Don't think D&P's lack of content so far this year is necessarily a preparation for further drought. Although I don't have much faith in their skills to manage and balance out things, even if they really wish to stay consisent hehe. Still, I expect them to be better than during TATINOF.
Image



User avatar
blackdenim
procrastinator
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by blackdenim » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:27 pm

vincentian wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:33 pm
Re: Dip&Dot's upload shedule - correct me if I'm wrong but isn't adsence value the lowest in January and one of the highest in December? So creators cram as much content as they can at the end of the year and then chill a bit. Also wouldn't be surprised if boys took as much holiday time as they can now (including possibly going somewhere tropical), before the tour craziness starts. Not that I don't crave any kind of video at this point.
You're 100% right and I think that's why they do Gamingmas and will hopefully continue to do it every year, and why they're particularly not-bothered about skipping uploads through January.

Although I LOVE the idea of them sneaking off for a January holiday in Thailand, it seems a bit overly deceptive for Dan to still be posting photos from home when they're away and I think I recognise those tiles on his 'Life's a Beach' sweater photo as being from the flat? Don't they usually just... not post pictures while they're away?

User avatar
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:24 am
Pronouns: she

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by AroboticPhil » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Yes also Phil did film himself on their couch for the intro of the bloopers video so I'm 90% they're home tho I wish it wasn't the case (like @ deppy if you're not gonna post anything, at least be on some cool holiday so I can live vicariously through you)

User avatar
lilabet
truth bomb
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 9:41 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by lilabet » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:37 pm

Just an update 🌟
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 3723
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by alittledizzy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:59 pm

Ahhh the fundraiser is doing SO well!! It really warms my heart.

User avatar
autumnhearth
lava lamp
Posts: 998
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: OH, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by autumnhearth » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:36 pm

charlottekath wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:35 am
Cornelia's instagram, I love her caption vs Dan's sweater selfie last night.
mermaid blood wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:19 am
lol imagine if they were in thailand this whole time.
:illuminati: Oh I can definitely imagine it, but I think it’s far more likely that’s just some cheeky sisterly humor :lol:

Did this make anyone else have the strong desire to @ Dan to feed his man? (I mean I resisted, but still...)

No, but what I came here to say is that I am curious where the Top Dan Memes of 2017 was shot, because it’s two predecessors didn’t take place in Dan’s regular DINOF background at the time, but rather in their old lounge in from of the fireplace. And while they’ve moved and there are no rules and he is free to film wherever, be it the glass closet, the piano nook or the shower :sideeye: I’m hoping for one of the lounges, but I’m torn between the aesthetics of the upstairs lounge, (maybe from the grey arm chair we saw him sitting in during one of the skits for Daniel and Depression), and the supposed familiarity :roll: of the slounge. I really just want to see their new fireplace with the pixel mirror above it ok?

Cheers on those goals constantly being passed! :ribena:

whatdoiknow
ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by whatdoiknow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:53 pm

autumnhearth wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:36 pm
No, but what I came here to say is that I am curious where the Top Dan Memes of 2017 was shot, because it’s two predecessors didn’t take place in Dan’s regular DINOF background at the time, but rather in their old lounge in from of the fireplace. And while they’ve moved and there are no rules and he is free to film wherever, be it the glass closet, the piano nook or the shower :sideeye: I’m hoping for one of the lounges, but I’m torn between the aesthetics of the upstairs lounge, (maybe from the grey arm chair we saw him sitting in during one of the skits for Daniel and Depression), and the supposed familiarity :roll: of the slounge. I really just want to see their new fireplace with the pixel mirror above it ok?
I mean, I think he's always filming in the glass closet...


this was just a joke and not meant to be offensive, I just couldn't let the opportunity pass :p I don't think dan's even in any sort of closet anymore

User avatar
alch
ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:00 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by alch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:01 pm

Honestly I'm just hoping he's going to film it in front of a fireplace at least, for the tradition factor. Honestly at this point I'm not even sure how many fireplaces they have

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 3723
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by alittledizzy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:04 pm

Just in case anyone missed it at the bottom of the last page, a little PSA while we're gathering to wait for Dan.
alittledizzy wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:44 am
:elephant: IDB is hiring*! :elephant:

If you would be interested in applying for a moderator position on IDB, then please complete our application form which can be found here: Moderator Application form!

Moderator duties will most frequently include: making sure the rules are adhered to, monitoring for spam, thread management, and keeping an eye out for stray broken coding. The application will be open through January 31. After the application period has ended, we'll contact a short-list of those we're most interested in to follow up.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask privately or respond here. :)

* no overtime pay no vacation pay no benefits and actually no pay at all

User avatar
fancybum
full-time internet hobo
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by fancybum » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:21 pm

alch wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:01 pm
Honestly I'm just hoping he's going to film it in front of a fireplace at least, for the tradition factor. Honestly at this point I'm not even sure how many fireplaces they have
He could set up all their candles behind him and this video could somewhat serve as a passive candle haul to kill two birds with one stone.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me

User avatar
Ablissa
janice from the shop
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Poland

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by Ablissa » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:08 pm

At this point, I don't care whether Dan's video will be in front of the fireplace, the shower or The Great Sphinx of Giza, I just want it to happen today. And I was never the biggest fan of this whole meme video, but I'll take it. I'll take it GLADLY. PLEASE DAN <3

(In all seriousness though, I totally relate to him taking a long time with things & feeling insecure, I hope he is enjoying the process and not rushing himself)

User avatar
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:20 pm
Pronouns: Her/she
Location: Somewhere in the USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by confusedpanda » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:41 pm

alch wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:01 pm
Honestly I'm just hoping he's going to film it in front of a fireplace at least, for the tradition factor. Honestly at this point I'm not even sure how many fireplaces they have
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure one of them has said the new place doesn’t have a fire place??? I swear that it was said in a live show in the last month or so.
Image
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr

User avatar
lilabet
truth bomb
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 9:41 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by lilabet » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:47 pm

confusedpanda wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:41 pm
alch wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:01 pm
Honestly I'm just hoping he's going to film it in front of a fireplace at least, for the tradition factor. Honestly at this point I'm not even sure how many fireplaces they have
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure one of them has said the new place doesn’t have a fire place??? I swear that it was said in a live show in the last month or so.
I think Phil mentioned it in his live show in front of the Christmas tree?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3

User avatar
sparkle
woodland creature
Posts: 594
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by sparkle » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:55 pm

whatdoiknow wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:53 pm
autumnhearth wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:36 pm
No, but what I came here to say is that I am curious where the Top Dan Memes of 2017 was shot, because it’s two predecessors didn’t take place in Dan’s regular DINOF background at the time, but rather in their old lounge in from of the fireplace. And while they’ve moved and there are no rules and he is free to film wherever, be it the glass closet, the piano nook or the shower :sideeye: I’m hoping for one of the lounges, but I’m torn between the aesthetics of the upstairs lounge, (maybe from the grey arm chair we saw him sitting in during one of the skits for Daniel and Depression), and the supposed familiarity :roll: of the slounge. I really just want to see their new fireplace with the pixel mirror above it ok?
I mean, I think he's always filming in the glass closet...


this was just a joke and not meant to be offensive, I just couldn't let the opportunity pass :p I don't think dan's even in any sort of closet anymore
this caught me so off guard and made me laugh so hard coke zero came out of my nose... thank you :rofl:

(lbr, the only closet Dan is currently in is the one where he keeps his fursona :ribena: )

I WANT MY MEMES. I WANT MY MEMES. I WANT TO LAUGH AS HARD AS I DID AT 'WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO MY RIGHT EYEBROW' I DONT CARE IF HE FILMS IT IN A FUCKING WHEELY BIN OUTSIDE PHILS PARENTS HOUSE, OR IF HE FILMS IT IN IKEA, OR IF HE FILMS IT ON THE INTERNATIONAL FUCKING SPACE STATION, I NEED MY MEMES DANNY.
:sparkle: patiently waiting for Dans main channel to return from war :sparkle:
if life ain't just a joke
then why are we laughing?
:sparkle:

whatdoiknow
ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by whatdoiknow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:02 pm

sparkle wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:55 pm
whatdoiknow wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:53 pm
autumnhearth wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:36 pm
No, but what I came here to say is that I am curious where the Top Dan Memes of 2017 was shot, because it’s two predecessors didn’t take place in Dan’s regular DINOF background at the time, but rather in their old lounge in from of the fireplace. And while they’ve moved and there are no rules and he is free to film wherever, be it the glass closet, the piano nook or the shower :sideeye: I’m hoping for one of the lounges, but I’m torn between the aesthetics of the upstairs lounge, (maybe from the grey arm chair we saw him sitting in during one of the skits for Daniel and Depression), and the supposed familiarity :roll: of the slounge. I really just want to see their new fireplace with the pixel mirror above it ok?
I mean, I think he's always filming in the glass closet...


this was just a joke and not meant to be offensive, I just couldn't let the opportunity pass :p I don't think dan's even in any sort of closet anymore
this caught me so off guard and made me laugh so hard coke zero came out of my nose... thank you :rofl:

(lbr, the only closet Dan is currently in is the one where he keeps his fursona :ribena: )
haha glad you appreciated it, sorry about the coke :lol:

(lmao very accurate)

User avatar
Ewok
rainbow nerd
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:32 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by Ewok » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:24 pm

I’m getting so antsy waiting for this new video wow. I just drove 22 hrs straight along the west coast and all I was looking forward to today was (hopefully) a vid from Dan lmao. That, and sleep. But mostly Dan.

:please:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««

User avatar
liola
haru pillow
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Italy

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by liola » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:09 pm

Dan where are you im drowning in self hate and statistics and all I've been looking up to today is the memes ;_;
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and how cute Phil Lester is.

User avatar
waves
smol bean
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:17 pm
Pronouns: her / she
Location: London, UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by waves » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:14 pm

Dans on tumblr :shock: :shock: :shock:

User avatar
alch
ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:00 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by alch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 pm

i hope dan posts the video because i just got back a real shitty grade and i could use a good distraction to stop me from sobbing

whatdoiknow
ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by whatdoiknow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:19 pm

waves wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:14 pm
Dans on tumblr :shock: :shock: :shock:
How do you know this? Is there a way to see that (other than him reblogging things?) It's probs a good sign if he is, because that probably means he's getting his tumblr post ready for the video upload

so_cheesy
glabella
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by so_cheesy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:21 pm

I wish he uploaded the video, I’m stressed out by my upcoming exam, I studied all day, I need a distraction :(

User avatar
waves
smol bean
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:17 pm
Pronouns: her / she
Location: London, UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by waves » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:23 pm

whatdoiknow wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:19 pm
waves wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:14 pm
Dans on tumblr :shock: :shock: :shock:
How do you know this? Is there a way to see that (other than him reblogging things?) It's probs a good sign if he is, because that probably means he's getting his tumblr post ready for the video upload
There's a lil green dot in the corner of his page that shows he's online/been online quite recently (I think in the last hour but correct me if I'm wrong)! :D

User avatar
alch
ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:00 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by alch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:15 pm

sooo... fireplace-ish?

User avatar
Ablissa
janice from the shop
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Poland

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by Ablissa » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:20 pm

IT'S HERE AND 30 MINUTES LONG!


User avatar
danphil333
hobbit hair
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by danphil333 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:24 pm

Video Speed Controller
a great browser extension to watch videos in x3, x4 ... speed
#nospon
you welcome
Image

Locked