Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Locked
Secretstanner
living flop
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by Secretstanner » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:50 pm

alien wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:46 pm
Ok on my second watch , what does Dan say starting at 8:52 "It's like some weird relationship where like I don't want to be in it but I also????" I'm interested simply because I can't make out what he says lol
He said “ but also the lovings really good.”

Edit: not really something I would want to be put at the top of the page but hey ho :lol:
Last edited by Secretstanner on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.



whatdoiknow
cheeky #spon
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by whatdoiknow » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:51 pm

KatjaZoe wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:04 pm
Phil says he's about to fall. 9:00 "That's me on the verge of... um.. okay." Dan changing his mind and deciding not to take it too far with the depression jokes, i feel.
I noticed that too. Wasn't 100% sure where he was gonna take that, but had a feeling it was going there. He doesn't usually back off those jokes, so I wonder what made him change his mind. Or if he just got distracted and didn't finish.
Dan falling off the chair had me laughing at first, but it turned very quickly into cringing with the slipper attack omg. I'll take the screaming tyvm if that's what holding it in makes him do.
Omg same. I love Dan and I don't usually mind the screaming very much, but sometimes he takes the reactions a bit too far and it makes me cringe slightly. But Phil was smiling fondly so that saved it. Plus the whole video being amazing saved it.

User avatar
LurkingTrash
Ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 3:09 am
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by LurkingTrash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 pm

AroboticPhil wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:55 pm
when Phil told Dan to buy some slippers from the shop because they were 20% off I cried because it was the best moment of my life so far
YES

I loved the video, I was laughing so much that I managed to choke on the toast I was eating :roll:
lol at dan screaming at the start right after he said he wasn't going to scream :lol:

I do have some critique tho:
the moose touching looked purely 'giving the people what they want' imo, not not-genuine, but still made for the camera, lucky that it worked in the end
dan falling wasn't necessary and looked like it was made for our entertainment and not his need to get on the floor but :shrug: I was still laughing my ass off and the rage looked real
something feels really different about the end screen :hmmm: can't point the reason but it looked more professional and lol more like other youtubers than them? idk, if someone else felt it too feel free to help me put it into words

I'm really happy about the video, it put me in a great mood :tu:
definitively will be rewatching this every time I need a good laugh (like I do with the yasuhati ones)

also, I hope dan doesn't really start policing his screaming because I already miss it

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 2987
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by alittledizzy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:07 am

LurkingTrash wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 pm
AroboticPhil wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:55 pm
when Phil told Dan to buy some slippers from the shop because they were 20% off I cried because it was the best moment of my life so far
I do have some critique tho:
the moose touching looked purely 'giving the people what they want' imo, not not-genuine, but still made for the camera, lucky that it worked in the end
dan falling wasn't necessary and looked like it was made for our entertainment and not his need to get on the floor but :shrug: I was still laughing my ass off and the rage looked real
something feels really different about the end screen :hmmm: can't point the reason but it looked more professional and lol more like other youtubers than them? idk, if someone else felt it too feel free to help me put it into words
I definitely didn't get any of those vibes. I think the moose touching was hilarious because I think Phil is totally someone who pokes and prods and generally annoys the shit out of Dan while they're playing games. I also think that in this case Dan rolling on the floor felt genuine simple because it was a genuinely frustrating game, it didn't feel over the top because I can 100% see Dan reacting that way to not being able to do something (especially something Phil actually did do, twice, even if Phil's was more luck than skill). But the whole slipper bit was kind of extra, but in a way I can't quite figure out how to describe, not extra in a way that bothered me that much? Comparing it to something like The Impossible Quiz, which did annoy me. Idk.

The end screen felt way less professional than normal to me, it started with Dan not even on screen and Phil having to remind him to come back, then Phil didn't even know what to say halfway through and had to ask Dan what else endscreens were for - with Dan jumping in to say something about gamingmas. Also Phil promoting Dan's video while Dan said not to watch it kind of made me both grin and roll my eyes at the same time, how very them.

thesadassassin
tol bean
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:17 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by thesadassassin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:09 am

am i the only one that noticed that theyve been drinking a lot of diet coke lately?

Secretstanner
living flop
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by Secretstanner » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 am

LurkingTrash wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 pm
I do have some critique tho:
the moose touching looked purely 'giving the people what they want' imo, not not-genuine, but still made for the camera, lucky that it worked in the end
Hahhha of course them rubbing the moose on each other was giving the people what they want. Dan literally joked saying “this isn’t want the people want.” Does anyone think they sit rubbing a moose on each other when the cameras off. It’s all in the name off fun and entertainment not manipulation :lol:

For some reason this didn’t post so I’m trying again

whatdoiknow
cheeky #spon
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by whatdoiknow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:31 am

Secretstanner wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 am
LurkingTrash wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 pm
I do have some critique tho:
the moose touching looked purely 'giving the people what they want' imo, not not-genuine, but still made for the camera, lucky that it worked in the end
Hahhha of course them rubbing the moose on each other was giving the people what they want. Dan literally joked saying “this isn’t want the people want.” Does anyone think they sit rubbing a moose on each other when the cameras off. It’s all in the name off fun and entertainment not manipulation :lol:

For some reason this didn’t post so I’m trying again
I agree with what you're saying about it being fun and entertainment. But I also think that is something Phil would actually do even when the cameras are off. Like, maybe not the moose thing specifically. But I do think that's how they act sometimes when they play games together. I feel like they do get in those silly moods where they'll rub/hit each other with random things, and just act silly like it, whether it be to distract the one playing the game or just to be ridiculous. Maybe not to the same extreme as the moose rubbing in the video (because yes, they are filming and trying to be entertaining for an audience). But I guess my point is that it doesn't seem that far off to how they'd actually act sometimes off camera


edit: fixed quote tags
Last edited by whatdoiknow on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KatjaZoe
spork
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:56 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by KatjaZoe » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:33 am

Secretstanner wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:50 pm
alien wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:46 pm
Ok on my second watch , what does Dan say starting at 8:52 "It's like some weird relationship where like I don't want to be in it but I also????" I'm interested simply because I can't make out what he says lol
He said “ but also the lovings really good.”

Edit: not really something I would want to be put at the top of the page but hey ho :lol:
Omg bless you both for asking and answering this. I was wondering what he said too and forgot to include it in my earlier post. That's interesting though, cause it seems like he's made similar jokes before? I can't think of an exact example tho -- anyone else?
I know a few years back someone asked him on vyou for general relationship advice and his response was about getting out of a relationship you don't want to be in

Seems like maybe he's speaking from personal experience?
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:

User avatar
LurkingTrash
Ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 3:09 am
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by LurkingTrash » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:45 am

alittledizzy wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:07 am
LurkingTrash wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 pm
AroboticPhil wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:55 pm
when Phil told Dan to buy some slippers from the shop because they were 20% off I cried because it was the best moment of my life so far
I do have some critique tho:
the moose touching looked purely 'giving the people what they want' imo, not not-genuine, but still made for the camera, lucky that it worked in the end
dan falling wasn't necessary and looked like it was made for our entertainment and not his need to get on the floor but :shrug: I was still laughing my ass off and the rage looked real
something feels really different about the end screen :hmmm: can't point the reason but it looked more professional and lol more like other youtubers than them? idk, if someone else felt it too feel free to help me put it into words
I definitely didn't get any of those vibes. I think the moose touching was hilarious because I think Phil is totally someone who pokes and prods and generally annoys the shit out of Dan while they're playing games. I also think that in this case Dan rolling on the floor felt genuine simple because it was a genuinely frustrating game, it didn't feel over the top because I can 100% see Dan reacting that way to not being able to do something (especially something Phil actually did do, twice, even if Phil's was more luck than skill). But the whole slipper bit was kind of extra, but in a way I can't quite figure out how to describe, not extra in a way that bothered me that much? Comparing it to something like The Impossible Quiz, which did annoy me. Idk.

The end screen felt way less professional than normal to me, it started with Dan not even on screen and Phil having to remind him to come back, then Phil didn't even know what to say halfway through and had to ask Dan what else endscreens were for - with Dan jumping in to say something about gamingmas. Also Phil promoting Dan's video while Dan said not to watch it kind of made me both grin and roll my eyes at the same time, how very them.
it's interesting that we felt so differently!
I'll need to rewatch with a different mood for sure, I wonder if some of this about the end screen in my part is due the 'break' we had :hmmm:
I wasn't bothered by any of it too, btw, despite calling them 'critiques' they are more accurately just some thoughts that I had about the video on my first watch

Also, despite the whole floor think being extra -but not in a bad way- I could never be mad at it for Dan ending up with his hair like that after
Secretstanner wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 am

Hahhha of course them rubbing the moose on each other was giving the people what they want. Dan literally joked saying “this isn’t want the people want.” Does anyone think they sit rubbing a moose on each other when the cameras off. It’s all in the name off fun and entertainment not manipulation :lol:
I never meant so say it was manipulation, I agree with you here about it being in the name of fun, I just wanted to point is wasn't as natural as the other interactions that we see on the video :lol:

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 2987
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by alittledizzy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:49 am

LurkingTrash wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:45 am
Secretstanner wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 am

Hahhha of course them rubbing the moose on each other was giving the people what they want. Dan literally joked saying “this isn’t want the people want.” Does anyone think they sit rubbing a moose on each other when the cameras off. It’s all in the name off fun and entertainment not manipulation :lol:
I never meant so say it was manipulation, I agree with you here about it being in the name of fun, I just wanted to point is wasn't as natural as the other interactions that we see on the video :lol:
See, I guess that's the difference, because I fully and completely believe that in the privacy of their own living room while playing a game by themselves Phil would be just as much of a little shit who tries to distract Dan and also just as superstitious (shoes on the table, etc) as he was onscreen today.

User avatar
autumnhearth
blobfish
Posts: 675
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: OH, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by autumnhearth » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:08 am

thesadassassin wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:09 am
am i the only one that noticed that theyve been drinking a lot of diet coke lately?
No. You’re not the only one. And Dan said he doesn’t want to be sponning it, doesn’t really like it and he’s not about that aspartame lifestyle, but like... they’re still buying it and buying sugar free Ribena. I appreciate that he doesn’t want to encourage it for his audience, but I question why they are drinking it in the first place. I also realize that it’s none of my business and they can do what they like. They are grown men and obviously are informed. (One of my sisters drinks diet sodas, but it only really started bothering me when her kids started drinking it). So I can only barely be tickled by the sneaky beverage sharing.

Secretstanner
living flop
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by Secretstanner » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:11 am

whatdoiknow wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:31 am
Secretstanner wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 am
LurkingTrash wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 pm
I do have some critique tho:
the moose touching looked purely 'giving the people what they want' imo, not not-genuine, but still made for the camera, lucky that it worked in the end
Hahhha of course them rubbing the moose on each other was giving the people what they want. Dan literally joked saying “this isn’t want the people want.” Does anyone think they sit rubbing a moose on each other when the cameras off. It’s all in the name off fun and entertainment not manipulation :lol:

For some reason this didn’t post so I’m trying again
I agree with what you're saying about it being fun and entertainment. But I also think that is something Phil would actually do even when the cameras are off. Like, maybe not the moose thing specifically. But I do think that's how they act sometimes when they play games together. I feel like they do get in those silly moods where they'll rub/hit each other with random things, and just act silly like it, whether it be to distract the one playing the game or just to be ridiculous. Maybe not to the same extreme as the moose rubbing in the video (because yes, they are filming and trying to be entertaining for an audience). But I guess my point is that it doesn't seem that far off to how they'd actually act sometimes off camera


edit: fixed quote tags
I do agree it was only a quick reply so I didn’t wanna put a lot. I don’t believe them touching each other is false. Definitely not from phil when he hits dan because Iv seen him do this with a lot of other people. He’s just a naturally touchy person. I think a lot of the time dan brings attention to things like were making him act that way and it’s all the people care about. I just meant that not everything they do is them trying to act like a couple. It was simply them just being playful that’s all. I don’t think they ever go into a video with a list like okay this is what we have to do. But they know how people will react to things they do when literally the things they do are normal. I hope this makes sense.

User avatar
LurkingTrash
Ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 3:09 am
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by LurkingTrash » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:13 am

alittledizzy wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:49 am
LurkingTrash wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:45 am
Secretstanner wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 am

Hahhha of course them rubbing the moose on each other was giving the people what they want. Dan literally joked saying “this isn’t want the people want.” Does anyone think they sit rubbing a moose on each other when the cameras off. It’s all in the name off fun and entertainment not manipulation :lol:
I never meant so say it was manipulation, I agree with you here about it being in the name of fun, I just wanted to point is wasn't as natural as the other interactions that we see on the video :lol:
See, I guess that's the difference, because I fully and completely believe that in the privacy of their own living room while playing a game by themselves Phil would be just as much of a little shit who tries to distract Dan and also just as superstitious (shoes on the table, etc) as he was onscreen today.
I see were you are coming from, and you have even more evidence to back your point up than me trying to come up with explanations because my point was based only on what I felt like, not any logical thinking (how I always work :roll: ) like yours but I still feel like that, lol, I guess like I said before I'l have to watch it again with a different mood to see if anything changes for me.

User avatar
captainspacecoat
long-time wanker
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:31 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Australia

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by captainspacecoat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:31 am

I am back from the dentist (I really do hate Dan, him and his stupid dentist kink was all I could think about when I was sat in the chair) and finally watched the video, and I loved it! Solid 9/10 from me, they both seemed super engaged despite their frustration at the game's difficulty, and as such it made for a really enjoyable video. Dan looked ridiculously gorgeous in that shirt with his hair all fluffy, and Phil as usual is the comedy king. Overall, I thought there was a good balance between snarky banter and mutual support, and I just really loved it. A great start to 2018 on the gaming channel!

Although, I really hope Phil's live shows aren't dead in a ditch, I miss him :'(

alittledizzy wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:49 am
See, I guess that's the difference, because I fully and completely believe that in the privacy of their own living room while playing a game by themselves Phil would be just as much of a little shit who tries to distract Dan and also just as superstitious (shoes on the table, etc) as he was onscreen today.
I agree with this, that interaction didn't come across as forced or unnatural or staged or anything to me, I feel like the gaming channel is probably just a slightly more "on" version of the way they would play together in real life.

User avatar
Skylar
long-time wanker
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:32 pm
Pronouns: they/their/them
Location: the deep south
Contact:

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by Skylar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:41 am

that video was a blessing omg i felt like such a third wheel. i love seeing them rage. i laughed so hard at the video. i'm definitely gonna watch it again! a good start to 2018!
Image
"My friends mustn't see the midnight in me.."

whatdoiknow
cheeky #spon
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by whatdoiknow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:49 am

Secretstanner wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:11 am
whatdoiknow wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:31 am
Secretstanner wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 am
LurkingTrash wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 pm
I do have some critique tho:
the moose touching looked purely 'giving the people what they want' imo, not not-genuine, but still made for the camera, lucky that it worked in the end
Hahhha of course them rubbing the moose on each other was giving the people what they want. Dan literally joked saying “this isn’t want the people want.” Does anyone think they sit rubbing a moose on each other when the cameras off. It’s all in the name off fun and entertainment not manipulation :lol:

For some reason this didn’t post so I’m trying again
I agree with what you're saying about it being fun and entertainment. But I also think that is something Phil would actually do even when the cameras are off. Like, maybe not the moose thing specifically. But I do think that's how they act sometimes when they play games together. I feel like they do get in those silly moods where they'll rub/hit each other with random things, and just act silly like it, whether it be to distract the one playing the game or just to be ridiculous. Maybe not to the same extreme as the moose rubbing in the video (because yes, they are filming and trying to be entertaining for an audience). But I guess my point is that it doesn't seem that far off to how they'd actually act sometimes off camera


edit: fixed quote tags
I do agree it was only a quick reply so I didn’t wanna put a lot. I don’t believe them touching each other is false. Definitely not from phil when he hits dan because Iv seen him do this with a lot of other people. He’s just a naturally touchy person. I think a lot of the time dan brings attention to things like were making him act that way and it’s all the people care about. I just meant that not everything they do is them trying to act like a couple. It was simply them just being playful that’s all. I don’t think they ever go into a video with a list like okay this is what we have to do. But they know how people will react to things they do when literally the things they do are normal. I hope this makes sense.
Yes, that definitely makes sense!

User avatar
DeadlyNova
living flop
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:08 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by DeadlyNova » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:08 am

That video was perfection. One of my absolute favorite gaming videos ever, probably!

palomeheart
tol bean
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:47 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by palomeheart » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:24 am

alittledizzy wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:49 am

See, I guess that's the difference, because I fully and completely believe that in the privacy of their own living room while playing a game by themselves Phil would be just as much of a little shit who tries to distract Dan and also just as superstitious (shoes on the table, etc) as he was onscreen today.
Yeah this was actually one of my favorite parts of the video (can I say that? I had so many favorite parts) as a reminder of just how superstitious Phil is and how Dan interacts with it. I liked watching the back and forth of Phil offering a massage as support or distraction or whatever, then deciding it was crucial to them doing well and asking Dan to play along when it was his turn, and Dan initially refusing, but eventually giving in just to humor him. To me that seemed like something that probably happens quite a bit off camera as well in, one way or another.

Also I've spend way too much time watching gifs of Dan's face after Phil made that sex noise. He looks so genuinely startled. :lol: What a great first gaming vid of 2018. :ribena:

User avatar
Elyanie
dank meme
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 7:17 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA, Oregon

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by Elyanie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:27 am

I think that video made it to my favorites of all the gaming videos. I just love seeing their reactions to stuff and I was laughing so hard the whole time ! Also has Phil ever walked out on a game like he did in the middle of the video? I don't really remember if he's ever done that. (we are so close to swearing phil I could feel it) I wasn't excited for the new year, but this video has me a bit more hopeful. If this is what 2018 has in store then I'm hyped.
You are happy when you feel like you're being authentic

User avatar
nigel ratburn
living flop
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:25 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: virginia, usa

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by nigel ratburn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:44 am

super late but i really enjoyed the video!! phil was truly the star, between his rage and the moose-age and him exiting the frame and throwing things... this has been a week for me of being fond of the boys. i don't find their overreactions to frustrating games particularly annoying (maybe dan a tiiiiny bit). i absolutely believe in the power of the moose now-- ever since phil taught me how to eradicate the hiccups every time i trust his judgment fully on these things.
Image

User avatar
human
dan hand trash
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by human » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:25 am

Aaaah what a great video I loved it.

We already know how superstitious Phil is so I fully believe he believes in the power of the announcement moose aha and it did kinda work actually... maybe we all need an announcement moose.

I’m also just going to go ahead because whatevs and express the fact I dislike how people are criticising Dan for being overdramatic or extra or how his reactions to the game were unnecessary etc. To me, it seems really rude and harsh to criticise someone for the way they express themselves. He was frustrated, so what was he meant to do to appease you and escape receiving such hurtful criticism? Sit quietly with his hands in his lap and keep his thoughts to himself? Then people would have said he was boring or seemed like he was in an iffy mood (as people have criticised him here before) and It makes me a bit sad that people speak about him like that because he was SO delightful and sweet in the video.

Presumably people watch them because they enjoy their personalities, amongst other reasons, yet he’s consistently insulted for it. So much so that he’s even been chided into making a concerted effort in being NOT himself and changing something about himself for his own channel. That just isn’t my cup of tea. It’s just pushed me further away from enjoying the “phandom” aspect of Deppy and continuing to enjoy them in my own bubble where people don’t treat them like that.

The entitlement to have a human being act as you want them to for your own entertainment has never been more real as it has for poor Daniel Howell lol.

But yah, I thought they were both wonderful, definitely one of my dapg favourites videos. Would rewatch a fair number of times tbh.
"I would rather disown all of you as a friend, than continue this moment"

sasstronaut
smol bean
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:43 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by sasstronaut » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:53 am

lol i’m sure poor dan howell is crying into his millions over the fact that some people on the internet think he’s a bit extra sometimes

User avatar
peekatyou
drama llama
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by peekatyou » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:43 am

Can't believe I've literally logged in to comment on Dan's hair. It looks like he hasn't cut it since early December, so now it's like 'um maybe it's time you got a bit of a haircut, Daniel,' but at the same time what he has going on on his head right now I would describe as the most impressive thing ever and also one of the best hair among male youtubers? Honestly. I can't believe he's been hiding/trying to tame this gem for years and years.
On the video: it was funny, but I don't really like Dan's pratfalls, cause it looks dangerous, I don't want him to break his neck or something.

LadyLackless
Senpai
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by LadyLackless » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:01 am

peekatyou wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:43 am
Can't believe I've literally logged in to comment on Dan's hair. It looks like he hasn't cut it since early December, so now it's like 'um maybe it's time you got a bit of a haircut, Daniel,' but at the same time what he has going on on his head right now I would describe as the most impressive thing ever and also one of the best hair among male youtubers? Honestly. I can't believe he's been hiding/trying to tame this gem for years and years.
I know right???? I’m a curly girl and this video makes me want to cut my hair like Daniel Howell. I’m 38, what is my life :?

I don’t have anything new to add to the discussion on the gaming video - it was amazing, loved the superstitious moosage, Phil being better at the game than Dan, Phil’s rage quit, Dan ending up under the desk... this is the quality content I signed up for!

User avatar
DatCog
stress mushroom
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:51 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by DatCog » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:33 am

I’ve watched it 4 times now and can safely say it’s one of my all-time favourite DAPG videos and a solid 10/10. Ugh to think that I was disappointed when we got gaming rather than a live show last night, what a fool! I hope this is a sign of things to come on 2018 DAPG...they’ve started the year on top form.

Dan’s hair is looking magnificent at the moment, I’ll be sad when he has the inevitable chop. I hope, when it happens, he leaves it the same length on top :D
"I can get it up as much as you" - Phil Lester 2018
Image

Locked