Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

scientia wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:59 pm I loved it so much!

I gues he’s fully committed to YouNow again? Am I right I’m guessing that he won’t upload any future liveshows up to LAP?
Oh really? That’s disappointing. I tend to listen to them as a podcast on the train, I can never watch live :(
snokoplasmic
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

Ooh he's so lovely :love2: I love how excited he was about tour, bouncing around the couch and all :lol: During the beginning I was wondering if he was on a sugar high, but as the liveshow went on, I started leaning more towards him just being in a really good mood(....and maybe had some candy as well).
also, lemme just say, every single time he wears something black and someone makes a "you're turning into Dan!" joke, I hit my head against the nearest wall
ididntaskforthis
not a first-time poster

He didn't link it to youtube but it's on his tumblr if anyone missed it! I'll try to link it but I make no promises that it will work

"https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/Sxg ... 0392222370"

edit: it works!
Last edited by ididntaskforthis on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mm_sunny1993
spork

I'm glad he mentioned the liveshows. It was what I expected but I still think he needed to say something about when he does them or not in this case. I don't mind it as they are busy with tour but I will miss the only (mostly) regulary content a bit.

RIP Gaming Livestreams: He named good reasons. They were too laggy and it was annoying at times. They didn't do them for long so I will probably not miss them tho it was another chance to see them 'live' that is now no more.

He got quite emotional about the charity, that was nice. Respect to the people that organized it, it was a very lovely thing to do. :love1: :thumb:
I missed the first 15 minutes as I always watch them on youtube so that's annoying but it worked well on his tumblr. I hope future liveshows will be uploaded to youtube again because if not I think I will not be able to watch them live anymore as younow doesn't work and tumblr is way too laggy because of my bad internet. :shrug: But I feel like they won't be uploaded to youtube anymore. I hope I'm wrong tho.

Glasses talk: I like them, they suit him. But I understand his trouble. I also have glasses and I don't really like to wear them even though everyone tells me they suit me really well. Wearing contact lenses is not ideal and annoying as well but at least you don't have something sitting on your nose the whole time :roll: I didn't wear contact lenses for 3 months now because my eyes hurt like Phil described soo it is likely that the glasses stay for a while. A lot of people who wear contact lenses had to stop wearing them after 10-15 years soo I don't know when Phil started wearing them but maybe he's one of those people.
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

I'm sorry, I'm a little lost but will this LS be available in YouTube or somewhere??
hello9217
flower crown

The youtube thing seemed to make since to me. If he connects them to Youtube he has to do the thumbnail, title, links in description/tags, edit out anything that lagged or the beginning bit, and tweet them out. It may not sound like much but this way he can just do them and be done.

Also as a side note why did he keep calling Dan Daniel throughout that whole thing? Also Phil confused just as much as the rest of us about Faberge and saying it's an interesting branding decision made me laugh so hard.
dancy
procrastinator

Ah, that wad nice! I already expected him to cut back on live shows but I'm glad he actually addressed it. A bit sad about the gaming live streams though...the first one and the last two were a mess but I liked all the other ones. Seems like they're quite busy with the tour and all, so it better be good! He's definitely made me curious, so I hope they'll share some more about it in the near future because at this point we still hardly know anything. I did think the whole "not uploading this to Youtube" bit was weird because not everyone has a Younow account and I did see some people stressing out about it on my TL.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i missed the first couple minutes so i didn't really get to hear about his presents, but i heard about his birthday and the cake lmao.
also he said he's having a birthday dinner tomorrow, dan must be spoiling him like a good bf. (interpret 'bf' as best friend or boyfriend)
unrelated:
for some reason i feel nervous about what Dan is feeling since he's pretty silent. i have a feeling that he is really tense.
this is probably just my imagination since i literally don't know him personally, it's obviously just my own anxiety. i sound weird, sorry.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

nigel ratburn wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:14 pm "that's me on the inside; i am a rainbow nerd"

this is gay culture
He mentioned them again in the message he left on my/people's younow pages btw:

"THANKS FOR COMING TO MY SHOW :) *gives you a rainbow nerd*"
Got a lucky spin, not rich or anything

Loved this liveshow. The cake, the charity which (almost) got him emotional, phaberge, birthday talks. Good all round.

EDIT: Now this post from his brother as well... I'm sensing a theme..
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
Shibi
squish

ratlad wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:39 pm unrelated:
for some reason i feel nervous about what Dan is feeling since he's pretty silent. i have a feeling that he is really tense.
this is probably just my imagination since i literally don't know him personally, it's obviously just my own anxiety. i sound weird, sorry.
Me too, I have a weird gut feeling, especially since his tweet that he will do a LS "when it feels right" (plus him looking so unwell in the latest videos). He might just refer to stress with the tour and Phil's birthday etc., but I find it's an odd choice of words. Got me a bit worried
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

JustMe wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:42 pm EDIT: Now this post from his brother as well... I'm sensing a theme..
That post on tumblr gave me heart palpitations earlier, since I saw it and assumed it was new - but I checked Martyn's instagram and it's actually from 2012!
alch
ar·tic·u·late

wait, glasses are happening? I haven't seen the liveshow yet, since it's not on yt and I haven't gone to watch it on his tumblr yet. Is that really what he's said?
ratlad
angel bean

Shibi wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:59 pm
ratlad wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:39 pm unrelated:
Me too, I have a weird gut feeling, especially since his tweet that he will do a LS "when it feels right" (plus him looking so unwell in the latest videos). He might just refer to stress with the tour and Phil's birthday etc., but I find it's an odd choice of words. Got me a bit worried
yes!!! and not that Phil's obligated to mention what Dan is up to in his live show at all, but i was hoping for him to mention Dan briefly idk. only because im just worried. i shouldn't be that invested, but eh. or am i totally missing something and he did mention what Dan's doing??
tyhane
delia smith

To be honest, I feel a bit genuinely sad/disappointed about no more gaming livestreams. I thought they'd stop during the tour, but I didn't think they'd go away altogether. And the way he said it, mm... he said that they might return some day etc., but I kind of just have a feeling they're going to be no more. I completely get the reasoning, I understand the logic, just for me as a consumer of their content, it kind of sucks. (Mainly because their gaming videos are the ones I love.)

That's pretty negative, but I did enjoy the liveshow otherwise. (I'm just sick and feeling pretty crappy life-wise anyway. :rofl:) I feel like he was a bit more relaxed and genuine? Sometimes in liveshows I do get a feeling/vibe that he isn't enjoying himself, though something like that is so subjective I usually just write it off as my own mood. But this felt like the opposite, which is perhaps a pro of their decision to do liveshows "when they feel like it".
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:08 pm
JustMe wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:42 pm EDIT: Now this post from his brother as well... I'm sensing a theme..
That post on tumblr gave me heart palpitations earlier, since I saw it and assumed it was new - but I checked Martyn's instagram and it's actually from 2012!
That looks like the precursor to the unicorn rainbow tape dispenser he received as a present last year. :lol:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Just caught up on the liveshow and it was lovely. I think everyone’s covered what I thought to say except I found his new black trainers sexy as hell. Looking forward to seeing him in them. Imagining it already tbh :roll:
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm either careless or blind, because I'm not getting the vibe that something is wrong with Dan at all. I don't know, I think he (and Phil too) may be wrapped up in the creative process of coming up with their new tour. The things we've seen from Dan in the recent past made me think he seems to be at a good place in his life and I haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise.
He doesn't look unwell in videos imo, maybe a little tired, definitely lost weight, but that is not a bad thing necessarily. He did say he's been working out a few times a week, after all.

What makes some of you think there's anything wrong with Dan, other than the radio silence? I'm not questioning it, just curious.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

missemma wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:50 pm The bit about the gaming streams being super laggy and thats why they weren't doing it made me:
I actually believed him about this reasoning, and it felt like he was showing his more honest, business-side here. His reasoning is that they are too laggy, and therefore not good content as a stand-alone video. Phil wanted the livestreams to stand in as a normal gaming video that casual viewers would come across and watch in the same way as normal, filmed gaming videos.

Because the livestream videos have mostly not been good quality (in the sense that they were laggy and kind of a mess; I still enjoyed the videos), this would not draw in good viewership from the general, casual audience. Sure, the more intense fans like us would still watch every livestream video, but they wouldn't be great for a larger audience. This would mean they are spending time livestreaming a video that wouldn't be great quality, when instead they could spend that time filming a better quality one (they obvs cut out the editing time for the livestream vids, which I think was part of the draw to them, but it still probs takes more time to set them up and stuff and Phil ended up realizing the benefits didn't outweigh the negatives).

This is just my interpretation obvs, but I thought this was Phil speaking in a more adult, business-minded way to the audience by explaining why the gaming livestreams weren't a good business decision right now. I mean, there could be other reasons, but I do think that is a main reason.

I'm not too sad about the lack of gaming livestreams. I was excited about them at first because I thought they were going to be longer videos, and it would give a more uncut version of them. However: 1) they kept the videos to normal length and mainly followed the same format of a regular filmed video, and more importantly 2) the filmed and edited videos are way more uncut these days than they used to be (of course, they can still edit stuff out, but they are definitely keeping more 'blooper-y' stuff in and letting us see a lot of moments they would have edited out in the past). Basically, I enjoy the gaming livestreams and would be happy if they came back, but I'm not all that devastated about them being gone.
autumnhearth
senpai

Add me to the list of people who missed the present talk at the beginning because I was waiting for an alert from lessamazingphil. Am I really going to have to give in and sign up for YouNow for infrequent liveshows? *end saltiness*. I caught it on his Tumblr just as he was putting the Rainbow Nerds away and will go back and watch tomorrow probably. It was a really lovely liveshow.

I’m not going to remember everything that stood out to me right now, but I may make some notes tomorrow. Obviously cake story was great and his heartfelt thanks for Phandom Gives had me pretty emotional. It was nice to hear him remind us that his dad is an artist, even though I remember it from his early vids, it’s just good to hear it. Also appreciated the explanation for why he was jumping in the air in one of his b-day pics.

Phil not knowing Troye’s latest song after saying he loved it (the first single) was kind of amusing at first. But now I’m thinking that may have been a bit of strategic avoidance to not give his opinion of a song written for one of their friends/colleagues...

And maybe it’s because I just binged watched season two recently, and watched the first season a couple months ago while knitting, but I don’t remember seeing Matt Smith’s bum in the first few episodes of the first season. So um, glad to know that stood out to them. His Elizabeth accent was amusing.

I think it’s perfectly understandable for them to stop gaming livestreaming. The lag was annoying and the videos didn’t look that great. However, I will forever treasure Phil trolling Dan right before Gamingmas. Glad Phil is proud of his contribution to Dan’s memes. Comment from my husband: For those of you that are calling bs, have you watched their livestreams?
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Ablissa wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:45 pm I'm either careless or blind, because I'm not getting the vibe that something is wrong with Dan at all. I don't know, I think he (and Phil too) may be wrapped up in the creative process of coming up with their new tour. The things we've seen from Dan in the recent past made me think he seems to be at a good place in his life and I haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise.
He doesn't look unwell in videos imo, maybe a little tired, definitely lost weight, but that is not a bad thing necessarily. He did say he's been working out a few times a week, after all.

What makes some of you think there's anything wrong with Dan, other than the radio silence? I'm not questioning it, just curious.
I think it’s Mostly over thinking. There is literally nothing to indicate there is anything wrong with him. Him looking a bit tired doesn’t mean there is a problem. I think it’s just now we don’t have liveshows and we see him less, imagination takes over and a lot of over thinking comes into play. I know I’m guilty of this. I know that if I think there is a problem with dan it can give me a bit of anxiety and can mess with my mood. But one think i do strike odd is the lack of replies on twitter. I’m just putting it down to being wrapped up in the tour. This is just my take on what I see happening. I don’t want people to stress themselves over a vibe they are having. :(
hello9217
flower crown

I honestly don't understand why the not replying to people on twitter is a reason to worry about Dan. Ik I've only been here for about 7 months? maybe but I'm pretty sure out all of the tweets Dan put out last year, not including the ones with videos, he probably replied to people 60% of the time, if that. Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't; I don't think theres more to it. I think they are totally fine just busy planning for tour, which Phil literally talked about in his liveshow.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

hello9217 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 am I honestly don't understand why the not replying to people on twitter is a reason to worry about Dan. Ik I've only been here for about 7 months? maybe but I'm pretty sure out all of the tweets Dan put out last year, not including the ones with videos, he probably replied to people 60% of the time, if that. Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't; I don't think theres more to it. I think they are totally fine just busy planning for tour, which Phil literally talked about in his liveshow.
I know I know I’m honestly just trying to connect the dots and understand the reason people my feel this way and it’s the only thing I could add to change in behaviour :shrug: As I said I think it’s just a lot of over thinking I don’t personally see any wrong. Iv seen a lot of people other thinking the whole meaning behind this tour and get stressed.
ratlad
angel bean

Secretstanner wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:47 am
hello9217 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 am I honestly don't understand why the not replying to people on twitter is a reason to worry about Dan. Ik I've only been here for about 7 months? maybe but I'm pretty sure out all of the tweets Dan put out last year, not including the ones with videos, he probably replied to people 60% of the time, if that. Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't; I don't think theres more to it. I think they are totally fine just busy planning for tour, which Phil literally talked about in his liveshow.
I know I know I’m honestly just trying to connect the dots and understand the reason people my feel this way and it’s the only thing I could add to change in behaviour :shrug: As I said I think it’s just a lot of over thinking I don’t personally see any wrong. Iv seen a lot of people other thinking the whole meaning behind this tour and get stressed.
it's good to hear other people's thoughts on it, it actually put me at ease, thank you!
i know im just over thinking and it's coming from not knowing what is coming next i guess. like, lack of tour info (rightly so, why would they give away any info about the show?) and i just tend to worry about other's feeling sad. i just love them very much, i hope im worrying over nothing.
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

Phil said they had a 3-hour-meeting about their tour so I can imagine themthat mo answering tweets is about lacking free time.to go through twitter and answer fans.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I kept waiting because I normally redo my timestamps when the youtube version is done, but... it just hit me that there won't be one. So timestamps as per younow times:

:53 - Dan laughing in the background.
1:48 - Right off the bat with birthday stuff.
2:11 - Parents got him hibernating bear in snow scene jumper.
2:37 - Dan got him the Star Wars edition of a board game they like.
3:11 - Parents got him Blue Planet 2. (They have a 4k bluray player now.)
3:50 - Dan also got him fancy marmalade.
4:30 - Parents got him 'build a pet.'
4:49 - Other friend got him build your own spider.
5:15 - He is a rainbow nerd.
5:49 - He was irritable because 4800% of his recommended daily amount of sugar. (Losing at Mario Kart.)
6:22 - Parents came to London 'from the North.'
6:35 - Went to see Hamilton. He was shook.
8:54 - Birthday cake; Dan got him a cake this year (parents did last year). Hilarious - if you know what ditty memes are. His mum was like... what is a philssy.
11:19 - Day trip to Greenwich on his actual birthday.
12:20 - Westminster down the Thames; takes an hour. Champagne, one of the best hot chocolates he's ever had. Took the tube back.
13:35 - Motion sickness to begin with but got his sea legs fast.
15:08 - His dad was obsessed with painting.
15:35 - Watched Fargo the movie in the evening.
16:31 - He smushed a chocolate ginger on the sofa. ("Luckily I was with family.")
17:22 - Faberge
18:14 - I'm more Kinder egg than Faberge egg. ("Interesting brand decision.")
19:16 - Main channel video conversation.
19:36 - Tour planning mode. Three hour meeting about the set today.
20:24 - Wants to share set design with us.
23:10 - His mum got him Star Wars coasters. Slate coasters are the worst things ever.
23:37 - The PhandomGives charity!
25:05 - The Crown; he thought it was boring but Dan said they had to watch it.
26:11 - They've been down The Crown voices.
26:41 - Matt Smith gets his bum out in the first two episodes. (His mum told him that.)
27:25 - Black Mirror
27:47 - Family, food, merriment - chill Christmas. Nothing sticking out as something incredible. He spent a lot of time over Christmas with Link.
29:30 - 4dx theater; he's tempted to see Maze Runner there. (Or Jumanji)
32:08 - Their videos get 99% nice comments.
32:28 - Troye Sivan. (He's under the sofa.)
33:55 - Gaming channel.
34:51 - No gaming streams for a bit. He wasn't happy with the quality.
37:07 - HQ Trivia
39:04 - Contacts aren't working for him so he's been wearing glasses a lot.
40:50 - Christmas presents scattered around the house. Got a big Lush thing from his parents. He's going to have amazing baths.
41:17 - He asked for specific shoes from his brother; he wanted understated but trainer-y shoes. Black vans.
41:59 - He's a size 12 us men.
43:33 - Liveshows not as frequent as they used to be; he'll do them when he feels like doing them. He'll try and make it Sunday or Thursday, won't be one next week.
45:11 - Another birthday meal tomorrow.