Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:50 am I kept waiting because I normally redo my timestamps when the youtube version is done, but... it just hit me that there won't be one. So timestamps as per younow times:
Can I just express my dismay at this? I have never successfully watched anything on YouNow, live or otherwise. (I suppose you need an account to watch anything back? I don't want to have to make and deal with yet another random account :evil: )

I remember watching liveshows on tumblr back in the bad old days (a bit over a year ago!) when they were on tumblr but not on YouTube. And I guess I'll do that again. :roll: But I really hope that phanshows or someone gets back in the game. Does anyone know of anyone doing that?

Is it really too much to ask a YouTuber to put stuff on YouTube? :sideeye:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

LeftHandedism wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:40 am
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:50 am I kept waiting because I normally redo my timestamps when the youtube version is done, but... it just hit me that there won't be one. So timestamps as per younow times:
Can I just express my dismay at this? I have never successfully watched anything on YouNow, live or otherwise. (I suppose you need an account to watch anything back? I don't want to have to make and deal with yet another random account :evil: )

I remember watching liveshows on tumblr back in the bad old days (a bit over a year ago!) when they were on tumblr but not on YouTube. And I guess I'll do that again. :roll: But I really hope that phanshows or someone gets back in the game. Does anyone know of anyone doing that?

Is it really too much to ask a YouTuber to put stuff on YouTube? :sideeye:
seconding this so hard - technical issues mean i can never watch on younow or tumblr, and i'm pretty disappointed that i won't get to see this one at all. hopefully someone else can upload it (phanshows please come back!) i'm also hoping that next time youtube and younow link correctly, but that's probably not gonna be for a while considering he's done away with regular shows :(
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Re: Phil's liveshow - I love Phil :love2: :love2: :love2: Honestly, that liveshow was so good that I forgave him for his lack of communication regarding live shows over the past month or so instantly lmao. I loved hearing about the presents he got from Dan and his parents, and I loved hearing him talk about Dan being in charge of his cake for once and his embarrassment at having to explain the meaning of 'philussy' to his mum, and their day out in London followed by a night in watching Fargo together, and the fact that he and Dan have been putting on the accents from the Crown lately, and Phil bonding over the Crown (and Matt Smith's butt) with his mum, and rainbow nerds being a representation of Phil.

The way Phil talked about phabergé was hilarious, and omg him so sincerely saying that phandom gives was the best birthday present he's ever got - how incredibly lovely. I loved the mood he was in, and while I'm sad that live shows are gonna be so sparse this year, if he's like this in each of the ones he does do then tbh maybe this is for the best. My fondness for Phil is at a 10/10 right now, goddess bless.
ratlad wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:25 pm
Shibi wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:59 pm unrelated:
for some reason i feel nervous about what Dan is feeling since he's pretty silent. i have a feeling that he is really tense.
this is probably just my imagination since i literally don't know him personally, it's obviously just my own anxiety. i sound weird, sorry.
Me too, I have a weird gut feeling, especially since his tweet that he will do a LS "when it feels right" (plus him looking so unwell in the latest videos). He might just refer to stress with the tour and Phil's birthday etc., but I find it's an odd choice of words. Got me a bit worried

Or... he's been busy with Phil's birthday celebrations and planning for the tour, so tweeting isn't really his biggest priority right now. There really isn't anything I can think of to indicate that he's tense, and him saying he'll do another liveshow "when it feels right" is essentially what Phil just said in his liveshow. They're not doing weekly live shows anymore, so they'll do them when they're in the mood/when they feel like they have lots to talk about/after main channel uploads.

I also don't understand how Dan looks ill in videos lately? Like, he looks no different than usual to me. If he has dark circles under his eyes it could just be that he's so busy with tour planning lately, and if he's lost weight it's likely because he's exercising regularly (didn't he say he's been doing CrossFit in his last liveshow? Like, that shit's intense!). There's no use speculating about the current state of Dan's mental health based on the flimsiest of clues, in my opinion :shrug:
Shibi
squish

captainspacecoat wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:24 am
ratlad wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:25 pm
Shibi wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:59 pm unrelated:
for some reason i feel nervous about what Dan is feeling since he's pretty silent. i have a feeling that he is really tense.
this is probably just my imagination since i literally don't know him personally, it's obviously just my own anxiety. i sound weird, sorry.
Me too, I have a weird gut feeling, especially since his tweet that he will do a LS "when it feels right" (plus him looking so unwell in the latest videos). He might just refer to stress with the tour and Phil's birthday etc., but I find it's an odd choice of words. Got me a bit worried

Or... he's been busy with Phil's birthday celebrations and planning for the tour, so tweeting isn't really his biggest priority right now. There really isn't anything I can think of to indicate that he's tense, and him saying he'll do another liveshow "when it feels right" is essentially what Phil just said in his liveshow. They're not doing weekly live shows anymore, so they'll do them when they're in the mood/when they feel like they have lots to talk about/after main channel uploads.

I also don't understand how Dan looks ill in videos lately? Like, he looks no different than usual to me. If he has dark circles under his eyes it could just be that he's so busy with tour planning lately, and if he's lost weight it's likely because he's exercising regularly (didn't he say he's been doing CrossFit in his last liveshow? Like, that shit's intense!). There's no use speculating about the current state of Dan's mental health based on the flimsiest of clues, in my opinion :shrug:
You might be exactly right, it might just be the tour stress and Dan being very busy. I also agree that him not replying to tweets is not an unusual thing. For me personally it was "just" the videos and I can't even pinpoint what exactly it is that is giving me a stomach ache. Might be his eyes? I guess it's more of a gut feeling for me (or I might just be self-projecting). But of course it's not based on any solid evidence, after all we have no idea what is actually going on in his life (and frankly he doesn't owe us any explanations), still I thought it was interesting that I'm not the only person that got that vibe.
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

Wait wait waittt I'm not sure if this was discussed already but is the liveshow not in LAP on purpose? Why's that I can't understand, the liveshows get good 100K views and uuugh, I'm confused and bc the liveshows uploaded to youtube was my favorite thing (bc i really don't know how to use younow and blah) and now apparently not? (the real reason for my grumpiness is that I can't listen to the ls while driving now haha)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Yeah, it's not on YouTube. Not sure if it's a bug or if it was on purpose.

The problem is that the LS had like 10k viewers but there are over 3 million subscribers on DAPG who have no idea why there are no more gaming streams. The announcement is literally in the middle of a 40+ minute video that you can only see on his Tumblr. That's not how to communicate effectively, and now they have the cheap excuse of "oh but we did say it". Not quite happy with that.

(Still haven't seen the video cause no access to computers at the moment and it won't play on mobile)
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

phil was amppeeed during that show. so much nervous energy radiating off him! not necessarily in a negative way, just an observation. i'm surprised he didn't want to archive it on yt, though i just get general 'we're really, really busy' vibes off them at the moment so it doesn't feel like a meaningful decision to me. in that vein: dan has dark circles under his eyes (as do i) that get darker when he's tired, but seem to be there a little no matter what (ditto, it's genetic). i suspect he wears a little concealer usually but hasn't 100% of the time lately. outside of that i don't have a strong opinion or gut feeling.

phil addressing Phandom Gives was lovely and felt genuine; and when he talked about dan wanting to get him his birthday cake this year instead of his parents. that felt significant. i wonder what phil's parents thought, whether it made them smile to each other (okay now i'm writing fanfic). giggling and distracting his mum when she asked a second time what the word '-ussy' refers to confirmed to me the birthday cake message was intended exactly as i thought, not just an appreciation of the musicality and catchiness of the meme. lmao, you're such a filthy brat dan.

talk about choosing the set design for the tour that day i liked, i want more of that sharing. he sounded so enthusiastic. they may think we find hearing about that process boring but i don't think the majority do.

my conspiracy antenna went up when he explained at length their internet being too shit for continued live gaming that they're happy with. i guess there's no other choice but to move again this year, ey boys?
LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:12 am The problem is that the LS had like 10k viewers but there are over 3 million subscribers on DAPG who have no idea why there are no more gaming streams. The announcement is literally in the middle of a 40+ minute video that you can only see on his Tumblr.
i'm generally unphased by unprofessionalism and poor communication when it comes to my internet-based fandoms, but this is a fair point. being that it's not a personal detail at all, just necessary housekeeping. not being able to continue the gaming streams may have bothered them with the effort they'd put in, especially purchasing additional means to try and fix the connection issues. my above conspiracy hunch stands; they're a little influx and stressed at the moment.
art in avatar by lily
human
dan hand trash

LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:12 am Yeah, it's not on YouTube. Not sure if it's a bug or if it was on purpose.

The problem is that the LS had like 10k viewers but there are over 3 million subscribers on DAPG who have no idea why there are no more gaming streams. The announcement is literally in the middle of a 40+ minute video that you can only see on his Tumblr. That's not how to communicate effectively, and now they have the cheap excuse of "oh but we did say it". Not quite happy with that.

(Still haven't seen the video cause no access to computers at the moment and it won't play on mobile)
This. And I’m not usually one to complain, but seeing as people started to sponsor dapg because they said they’d be regularly streaming, it’s a bit off they would decide not to anymore and then NOT formally inform anyone?

I checked my subscription and thankfully I seem to have cancelled it in early December when gamingmas started as I didn’t see the point of paying when we’d be getting regular content already. But some people may forget and be paying per month for nothing. Which is just rude.

I’m also in the miffed about not uploading liveshows onto YouTube anymore camp too as guys, some of us have busy jobs and work early and I’ve finally got myself into a routine of getting decent sleep so will probably be missing liveshows from now on. I won’t say I wish they were earlier in the evening as it always bugs me when I see people asking for things like this to be changed just so it suits them, but providing the shows on YouTube where they can be easily viewed later seems very little effort for a YouTuber lol.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

From what I can tell it wasn't a conscious decision for him not to link it to YouTube. It glithed and kicked him off. I ended up in another you now stream. Since it was broken I'm assuming there's a bit of work he'd have to do to download, edit and upload it that he just doesn't have time for right now. If he chooses not to have it on YouTube next time that another story. He mentioned doing the set up for YouTube in the liveshow so it wasn't intentional this time.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
hello9217
flower crown

human wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:22 pm
This. And I’m not usually one to complain, but seeing as people started to sponsor dapg because they said they’d be regularly streaming, it’s a bit off they would decide not to anymore and then NOT formally inform anyone?

I checked my subscription and thankfully I seem to have cancelled it in early December when gamingmas started as I didn’t see the point of paying when we’d be getting regular content already. But some people may forget and be paying per month for nothing. Which is just rude.

I’m also in the miffed about not uploading liveshows onto YouTube anymore camp too as guys, some of us have busy jobs and work early and I’ve finally got myself into a routine of getting decent sleep so will probably be missing liveshows from now on. I won’t say I wish they were earlier in the evening as it always bugs me when I see people asking for things like this to be changed just so it suits them, but providing the shows on YouTube where they can be easily viewed later seems very little effort for a YouTuber lol.
Deppy ended subscriptions 2-3 days ago so the people that were subscribed won't be charged and Phil said that the ls was originally connected to Youtube but then the ls glitched before he went live so he had to restart it and forgot to connect to Youtube again. It wasn't a conscious decision, at least not this time.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

What hello9217 said is exactly correct, re: the liveshow not being on youtube. I was there from the start, it was connected then got disconnected. It bumped everyone to a different younow performer, then he connected a second time. So his explanation for it not being on youtube made perfect sense to me, I don't think it was on purpose at all. But I also believe him when he said he wasn't fussed about it, I think when he realized it wasn't connected to youtube anymore (which I'm assuming came when he saw people pointing it out) he decided he didn't care that much.

Though I'm not sure it would have mattered even if he did, I'm guessing it would have taken extra effort on his part to recapture his whole liveshow from younow and move it to youtube after the fact. At that point - when the automatic feed hasn't worked - it's a job more fitted to fans than Phil, imo.
human
dan hand trash

hello9217 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:31 pm
human wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Deppy ended subscriptions 2-3 days ago so the people that were subscribed won't be charged and Phil said that the ls was originally connected to Youtube but then the ls glitched before he went live so he had to restart it and forgot to connect to Youtube again. It wasn't a conscious decision, at least not this time.
Ah that’s good to know and makes me feel better, thanks for replying to that! I’ll retract some of my previous grumpiness lol.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

He did pull through. All in all, a lovely liveshow (i particularly enjoyed the bday cake part and his impression of his mom pressing him on the meaning of philussy. I can see the grin from Martyn from across the channel :D )

The news about content wasn't that good though. He's basically going to do livshows "whenever" so it "doesn't feel like a schedule" and we had Dan tweeting he'll a show "when it feels right".
So it feels as if we're losing some prime content :|

The dappy gaming vid was pretty good. I agree these "web games" are a good format for them to bant. The flirtiness and their interaction felt a bit less contrived than what i've seen recently. So a good start for the gaming channel :tu:

Also, Dan ended me with his twitter reply ( don't worry i die on the regular it's a fan thing).
Talking about how he unironically had a wilted rose in his msn name in 2005. It's. so. sappy. but. still. I. love. him. for.it. I would have loved to talk to teen Dan in 2005 and tell him the world isn't as black and white as he thinks it is *sigh*.

What did you all think about the furry tweet btw? I think he was half-jokingly putting it out there but that he sincerly agrees with the message that furries should be accepted as a valid part of society.
I agree. I find the anthropomorphism of the furrydom rather worrying, but all things considered it's rather harmless and many people seem to genuinely enjoy expressing themselves like that, so yea I dislike the scorn that is often reserved for people who genuinely would (like to) be furries.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
autumnhearth
senpai

Thanks all for explaining the YouNow, YouTube disconnect. Still Capital£ester not capitalizing on the watch back revenue? What is this world coming to? I guess he really does value food more. (It still feels weird that they eat dinner after 10, but it was also kinda cute to have it reconfirmed that they are staying up until at least 2am).

Perhaps they might work in a little FYI about no gaming streaming, in the next gaming video. If only they had put to use that Dan and Phil Games twitter account they saved.

Putting these here, since I hadn’t seen them until Stakhanov mentioned them.
That’s not really how to answer that question Dan, but okay :thumb:

Eh the comment he replied to with the wilted rose is “protected” so I can’t view it, but I’m guessing someone brought up MSN.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Sucky life stuff had me choose sleep over Phil's liveshow so now I'm powering through the interesting bits on Tumblr's shitty video player with the help of dizzy's timestamps.

Some comments:

- I laughed so hard at the cake reveal story, oh how I would've wanted to be a fly on the wall for that.
- Indirectly calling Dan 'family' :garbage:
- Good to know that Phabergé confuses the hell out of him too.
- He was so happy about Phandom Gives :D
- Glad he cleared up the status of gaming livestreams, but I'm still annoyed at something like that not being announced on a wider platform like Twitter. Their communication remains an unprofessional mess. Anyway, I'll miss the streams because they were usually pretty fun and hope that one day they'll return.
- PHIL IN GLASSES <3 Sucks for Phil that contact are giving him trouble I guess, but I really hope he just gets used to glasses so they can stay.
- And as expected Phil is going the same route as Dan with liveshows now no longer being a regular thing.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm just gonna take these tweets to mean he's fully on the capita£ester bandwagon, and is fucking with us.
And he retweeted this:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

the pic of him holding the money:
is he under a blanket? why does he have money with him under a blanket? :tinfoil:
top right corner looks like Dan's weed jumper....
im joking im just bored and being extra
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

On the topic of liveshows, if you don't often check out the side threads (you should! loads of good stuff there), you may have missed the timestamps topic. Various people archive timestamps there, most of which also appear in the main thread; I find it especially nice with liveshows, which can be more problematic to watch, for various reasons. It can be especially useful to look for what liveshows you may have missed or to look for ones to rewatch or check your memory of.

Anyway, I put a link to the tumblr/YouNow version of Phil's liveshow, and dizzy's timestamps here.

All timestamps here.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

But off topic but still relevant to deps.
So tomska released his merch, but here’s the thing, tom has two merch sites. One was set up under irl digital and has been since at least November. That’s tomskastore.com you can see it says it’s managed by irl digital and clearly hasn’t been updated since it was put up. But today he put New merch on tomskashop.com??? And it’s managed by eventmerch?
I guess the irl digital plan fell through for whatever reason, my guess is costs on tom’s part possibly?? Idk I just found it interesting and am just curious as to why the site irl digital site is still up.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

offtopic as hell:
Has anyone seen Daniel Preda and Joey's last twitter interaction?? Daniel tweeted a picture and Joey exposed him... now that's domestic content.
I'm stanning the wrong people here :lol:
I thought I was crazy I didn't see any koalas.. now I kinda do.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
hello9217
flower crown

I guess they are probably having/had the bday dinner with bryony and wirrow
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello9217 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:25 pm I guess they are probably having/had the bday dinner with bryony and wirrow
Yup, Bryony's IG story involves what looks like cocktail makings and then blue wine. I'd definitely say it's a birthday dinner!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:32 pm
hello9217 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:25 pm I guess they are probably having/had the bday dinner with bryony and wirrow
Yup, Bryony's IG story involves what looks like cocktail makings and then blue wine. I'd definitely say it's a birthday dinner!
i hope bry and wirrow are doing alright :0
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Mod note:

Just a heads up, our server host tweeted that they're doing maintenance so the forum may be up and down for the next six hours. You can follow up us twitter at indepthbants for updates when the forum is offline. :)
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

I apologize already for being the ultimate demon :oops: , but really - I can't be the only one who immediately thought of spaceman/plantboy! Am I projecting? Most definitely probably, but wouldn't this be a perfect present for someone's birthday from a close friend?! :valentine: Ahh, life looks wonderfully full of fluff and love through these phan goggles. :glasses: (Just let me have this, okay?) <3

Edit:Gah i still don't know how to use this thing! Here, try a link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWcq_mlgu7c/
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed instagram embed