Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Catallena wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:11 am mte, offering a picture is just a way to get rid of someone asap before the unwanted interaction spirals down into awkward conversation where they lose control over the situation.
I didn't want to say anything (I wasn't gonna say anything about the situation at all, but enough people on here have already done so), so thanks for doing it for me. I just want to reiterate that yes, offering to take a picture in that situation is so clearly an effort to have the interaction end quickly and as less awkwardly as possible. Like, deppy are good people and I'm sure in the grand scheme of things this sort of thing isn't a massive deal, but still. Just don't go up to people in restaurants, or when they are otherwise busy. I'm sure this girl (and every other person that does this) is a nice person and all, but it really is poor judgement. Just because the interaction went well, that doesn't make it right or okay.
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

Don't know if anyone has posted a link yet but phanshows have returned and posted Phil's last liveshow just in case someone can only watch on youtube.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

hello9217 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:37 am Don't know if anyone has posted a link yet but phanshows have returned and posted Phil's last liveshow just in case someone can only watch on youtube.
aw I kind of like that phanshows is back in the game for this week's livestream. That's where I used to watch all of dan and phil's liveshows before they started posting them on their side channels. It's making me kind of nostalgic (even though it's only been like, what, a year? it feels like longer)
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

im sure d&p love meeting their viewers and i don't think they would act like divas over someone wanting a picture. though i wouldn't go up and do that, since there'd be nothing to say except "hi i love your videos" followed by an awkward silence. i think everyone is getting more annoyed at the interaction than they think d&p are. i agree that it's probably not at all pleasant, but they have to have some sort of understanding.
but that's just my take on it, i can only assume as much as everyone else!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alch
ar·tic·u·late

ratlad wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:07 am im sure d&p love meeting their viewers and i don't think they would act like divas over someone wanting a picture. [...] i agree that it's probably not at all pleasant, but they have to have some sort of understanding.
I mean, yeah, they wouldn't act like divas over someone wanting a picture because it's far easier to just snap a quick pic and leave than to create a scene and make a fan upset. And yeah, they probably assume that a fan is going to try to come up and talk to them.
I doubt they really enjoy meeting people outside of the places they're supposed to (worded weirdly, I mean conventions, meet&greets, etc.) but they'll still take a picture. Though not that I really know how they feel. I'm probably projecting.
hello9217
flower crown

ratlad wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:07 am im sure d&p love meeting their viewers and i don't think they would act like divas over someone wanting a picture. though i wouldn't go up and do that, since there'd be nothing to say except "hi i love your videos" followed by an awkward silence. i think everyone is getting more annoyed at the interaction than they think d&p are. i agree that it's probably not at all pleasant, but they have to have some sort of understanding.
Based off the viewers telling of how everything happened, along with other fans that have met them randomly in public, I think dan and phil definitely have a sort of script when it comes to meeting people outside of the context of a meet up. They will both listen to what the person has to say, Phil will always be the one to ask if they want a picture to move things along, and Dan will always say "I'll take it because my arms are really long." I'm not trying to dismiss anyones experience of meeting them because I bet it's a positive one but deppy are socially anxious people so I bet after years of doing this they came up with a way so that they feel the most comfortable.
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

you could make the argument that d&p are used to fans coming up to them/maybe even appreciate meeting a viewer BUT what bothers me about this particular encounter is that they were with people who aren't pseudo-public figures like them. The girl said she didn't know who b&w were.
For instance, if I saw a friend eating with someone I didn't know, I would never interrupt them. BC you don't know how intimate, special, or important this time they are spending with someone else is or how annoyed the person they are with will be.
Basically what I'm saying is that I feel bad for b&w lol.
:lion: :prideflag:
annabanana
sofa crease

whatdoiknow wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:23 pm Since the forum is kind of slow right now, here's a gaming video suggestion: I've been really into escape rooms lately (and deppy have mentioned they like them too), and I've been playing the online versions a lot. I would love to see deppy play online escape rooms on the gaming channel! I love videos where they have to solve puzzles, like 'keep talking and nobody explodes', and I think online escape rooms would be such fun videos to watch them play (both for the interaction between deppy, and for the actual gaming quality since the viewer could kinda play along as they watch). They could either play together, or do it as a dan vs phil to see who can escape the rooms the fastest.
I've become obsessed with escape rooms, but had no idea there were online versions. I would love to see it on the gaming channel! Would you mind linking to a couple of your faves?
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

annabanana wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:53 am
I've become obsessed with escape rooms, but had no idea there were online versions. I would love to see it on the gaming channel! Would you mind linking to a couple of your faves?
It's really funny to me to think of escape the room games as "online versions"; to my knowledge, live escape rooms have only become a Thing in the past 5-10 years and were adapted from the games.

Neutral is my favorite escape-the-room game creator, I think, and if you want a weird philosophical one I'd recommend Samsara Room. I play a lot that blend together but I like recommending things.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

dailybooth wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:42 am you could make the argument that d&p are used to fans coming up to them/maybe even appreciate meeting a viewer BUT what bothers me about this particular encounter is that they were with people who aren't pseudo-public figures like them. The girl said she didn't know who b&w were.
For instance, if I saw a friend eating with someone I didn't know, I would never interrupt them. BC you don't know how intimate, special, or important this time they are spending with someone else is or how annoyed the person they are with will be.
Also, think how uncomfortable it must be sitting having dinner with friends then knowing that you’re in a place where two groups of people have bothered you whilst eating and 100% are probably trying to listen and watch your every move, it must be awful being in a situation like that.

I agree with everyone who has said that we shouldn’t hate on the girl, I don’t think anyone has done that at all. It’s not about hating on people, but it wouldn’t be right if everyone congratulated her and didn’t mention about crossing a line, it just encourages other people to do the same thing. Yes Dan and Phil don’t mention it, but surely this is simple courtesy?
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This is probably not brand new, but I just skimmed Dan's twitter likes for the first time in a few days and he liked this... lmao I hope he appreciated it because that was literally his Phil strategy.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:53 pm This is probably not brand new, but I just skimmed Dan's twitter likes for the first time in a few days and he liked this... lmao I hope he appreciated it because that was literally his Phil strategy.
I love that. Love that soo much . Didn't know he liked it.
Good strategy then, seems like it works ;)
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
imaginarymind
dank meme

maybe irrelevant, but does that mean Phil has the shibe photo as his personal profile picture?? cause that would be cute as hell!!! :love1:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

whatdoiknow wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:23 pm Since the forum is kind of slow right now, here's a gaming video suggestion: I've been really into escape rooms lately (and deppy have mentioned they like them too), and I've been playing the online versions a lot. I would love to see deppy play online escape rooms on the gaming channel! I love videos where they have to solve puzzles, like 'keep talking and nobody explodes', and I think online escape rooms would be such fun videos to watch them play (both for the interaction between deppy, and for the actual gaming quality since the viewer could kinda play along as they watch). They could either play together, or do it as a dan vs phil to see who can escape the rooms the fastest.
I've been playing some on: https://www.365escape.com/ Some types on here are better than others, so you just gotta find the type that you enjoy.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the online versions existed way before the irl ones, and that's what inspired the irl ones.
annabanana
sofa crease

Templeofshame wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:33 am
It's really funny to me to think of escape the room games as "online versions"; to my knowledge, live escape rooms have only become a Thing in the past 5-10 years and were adapted from the games.

Neutral is my favorite escape-the-room game creator, I think, and if you want a weird philosophical one I'd recommend Samsara Room. I play a lot that blend together but I like recommending things.
:thankyou: I will definitely try these out!

edit: also wanted to thank @whatdoiknow who posted just before me :D
Last edited by annabanana on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

imaginarymind wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:03 pm
maybe irrelevant, but does that mean Phil has the shibe photo as his personal profile picture?? cause that would be cute as hell!!! :love1:
I just died. RIP :happytears:

New suggestion! IRL Escape Room Adventure? With GoPro helmets or something like that? (Not that they'd ever do that but one can only dream)
phillyforgot
butt chair

imaginarymind wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:03 pm maybe irrelevant, but does that mean Phil has the shibe photo as his personal profile picture?? cause that would be cute as hell!!! :love1:
Ugh, I love how Phil is really popular and rich, but still cares enough to remember all his friends and family. He's the kind of person I aspire to be. :respekt2: :tu:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:09 pm
New suggestion! IRL Escape Room Adventure? With GoPro helmets or something like that? (Not that they'd ever do that but one can only dream)
I mean yeah, the IRL ones would be the dream. I was trying to be more realistic by suggesting the online versions, but I would die if they filmed an irl escape room. They could even do it as a spon, and collaborate with an escape room company and get filmed professionally in several angles. C'mon boys, if you happen to read this forum by any chance, throw us a bone here.
liola
rankussy

imaginarymind wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:03 pm maybe irrelevant, but does that mean Phil has the shibe photo as his personal profile picture?? cause that would be cute as hell!!! :love1:
It is and it always makes me <3

Related to liking tweets, why am I laughing at Phil liking this tweet? Because I've seen it around and liked it myself and never even thought about unmuting it because I mean..that isn't where my attention went.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean

missemma wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:55 am
dailybooth wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:42 am you could make the argument that d&p are used to fans coming up to them/maybe even appreciate meeting a viewer BUT what bothers me about this particular encounter is that they were with people who aren't pseudo-public figures like them. The girl said she didn't know who b&w were.
Also, think how uncomfortable it must be sitting having dinner with friends then knowing that you’re in a place where two groups of people have bothered you whilst eating and 100% are probably trying to listen and watch your every move, it must be awful being in a situation like that.

I agree with everyone who has said that we shouldn’t hate on the girl, I don’t think anyone has done that at all. It’s not about hating on people, but it wouldn’t be right if everyone congratulated her and didn’t mention about crossing a line, it just encourages other people to do the same thing. Yes Dan and Phil don’t mention it, but surely this is simple courtesy?
yeah, i understand and agree with you guys now! it also makes me think of the time when dan and phil started doing regular BBC radio shows, they had to ask BBC to tell fans to not stand outside of the building waiting for dan and phil. not that this situation was similar, it's just not the time for a meet and greet.
ratlad
angel bean

im clenching my fist choking back tears because Phil Lester Is A Sweetie Pie
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Anyone else think that there's a chance we'll get a gaming video today? Given that the last one was on Wednesday, I'd say it's a good time for one
(though tbh I'm somehow still slightly riding the high from Phil's liveshow on Thursday so I wouldn't really mind waiting another day or two)
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

ratlad wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:32 pm yeah, i understand and agree with you guys now! it also makes me think of the time when dan and phil started doing regular BBC radio shows, they had to ask BBC to tell fans to not stand outside of the building waiting for dan and phil. not that this situation was similar, it's just not the time for a meet and greet.
The BBC are so used to having fans wait outside their studio, when 1D used to go there they would have 200 fans waiting outside (I used to know someone who worked there) for example, that I was surprised when Dan and Phil asked people not to go and said it was because of security. I really doubt it was just due to that because BBC have their own security and barriers for that kinda thing and are used to hoards of people turning up (not that hundreds would go for deppy). I remember seeing photos of them sneaking in one of the many back entrances and laughing, they tried everything to not be spotted.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

missemma wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:44 pm
ratlad wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:32 pm yeah, i understand and agree with you guys now! it also makes me think of the time when dan and phil started doing regular BBC radio shows, they had to ask BBC to tell fans to not stand outside of the building waiting for dan and phil. not that this situation was similar, it's just not the time for a meet and greet.
The BBC are so used to having fans wait outside their studio, when 1D used to go there they would have 200 fans waiting outside (I used to know someone who worked there) for example, that I was surprised when Dan and Phil asked people not to go and said it was because of security. I really doubt it was just due to that because BBC have their own security and barriers for that kinda thing and are used to hoards of people turning up (not that hundreds would go for deppy). I remember seeing photos of them sneaking in one of the many back entrances and laughing, they tried everything to not be spotted.
There's a difference though. 1D had their own security and eventually the BBC stopped interviewing them at the main site altogether. Dan and Phil were employees. Apart from the interaction being inconvenient it would start annoying people at the BBC as it was every week.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I just love this a lot