Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fancybum
senpai

malday wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:33 pm
fancybum wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:13 pm
snokoplasmic wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:51 pm Do I smell an AmazingPhil video in the making?
lmao wtf is he going to roast people? I mean I know he's not, but the idea is killing me. He'd be so bad at it, it would give me life.
More likely he's going to thanks his subscribers and celebrate his channel turning 12.
:lol: Ok that would make wayyy more sense. But now I've got roasting on the brain, he should've asked his subs to roast him over 12 years (uh, only on things that are fair game though), that could've been fun (in theory, in practice it would probably be a mess lolll). I mean, I guess that's what twitter's for anyway, but still.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Secretstanner wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:21 pm
kalli wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:15 pm
kavat wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:14 pm Can I also say that i love the fact that Dan keeps liking Kevin Abstract's tweets. As a big Brockhampton fan that makes my heart so happy.
I'm so glad you brought this up since even though I'm sure I would have seen it eventually, I hadn't noticed yet that he liked the tweet about Shawn Mendes wanting to come to their show in Toronto. I'd be happy to see him like any of Kevin's tweets, but I was at the Toronto show so it feels extra special :happytears:

I was also pretty shook by the fact that the other tweet he liked is about Kevin's boyfriend. Dan's really out here stanning Brockhampton and shipping Jevin like the rest of us wow iconic
I'd love for him to talk about them sometime in a liveshow, I'm curious to know which album is his favourite of the Saturation trilogy and what songs he likes the most. I'd bet on Saturation III, and I wouldn't put it past Dan of 2018 to mention Junky as one of his favourite songs.

A new main channel video and a liveshow following it where he also talks about Brockhampton?
It's what the people want. :ribena:
Honey this definitely what the people want! Or more specificity what I want. I saw someone say on tumblr that he’s been listening to them recently on his Spotify and it made my gay heart happy. I love listening dans mini music reviews and I definitely want to know what he thinks
Hear hear! I just want to hear him talk about them and how they're contributing to the rap culture. The way they bring up sexuality, racism, mental illness, rape culture in a way that I don't think has ever been done before, while also being a boyband. I just love them so much :stan:
autumnhearth
senpai

fancybum wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:40 pm
snokoplasmic wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:51 pm Do I smell an AmazingPhil video in the making?
lmao wtf is he going to roast people? I mean I know he's not, but the idea is killing me. He'd be so bad at it, it would give me life.
More likely he's going to thanks his subscribers and celebrate his channel turning 12.
:lol: Ok that would make wayyy more sense. But now I've got roasting on the brain, he should've asked his subs to roast him over 12 years (uh, only on things that are fair game though), that could've been fun (in theory, in practice it would probably be a mess lolll). I mean, I guess that's what twitter's for anyway, but still.
liola wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:36 pm I'm wondering if he's doing something Valentine's day themed? I mean the timing would match, but I don't know exactly what that would entail
Maybe he’s going to pair everyone off based on how cute they look together and give them ship names and ask how we like it. Totally kidding. I’m intrigued.
fancybum
senpai

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:41 pm Maybe he’s going to pair everyone off based on how cute they look together and give them ship names and ask how we like it. Totally kidding. I’m intrigued.
I'm. dying. :rofl: . Could you imagine, though. If Phil ever decided to really unleash the darkness within, I bet he could take us all down with one sentence, and honestly we'd have it coming. There's definitely worse ways to go [insert 'guess I'll die' meme here], Death by Phil sounds pretty ok.

Now I'm antsy. What's his turnaround time? Video by.. Sunday... or more like.. Thursday? Aw look at them remembering to hype up their dumb audience. :love2:
human
dan hand trash

fancybum wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:05 pm I’ll really try to make this the last I speak of this and I’m sorry for all the rudeness and cringeworthiness, but the analogy is really more like
‘Damn I love this cake I eat it twice a week and it’s great yum’ but then one week suddenly there’s no icing with no explanation, even when I ask politely ‘oh did you run out of icing?’ And I still really like the cake but the icing was my favourite part of it and now I’m just adjusting to icingless cake, and I still want to eat it but I’m also used to a specific kind of sugar rush on certain days that I need to come down from. And actually I never even asked the baker directly, I was just asking the other people in line wtf happened to the icing. But anyway, I still like cake.
Lol that's ok, thanks for replying. In that case, count me out haha I simply don't have the time or energy to fuss about anything that much I think. But I do understand it a lot better now so thank you! It's just something I've never understood, I'm kinda glad I don't get it because I really just enjoy the content and don't care much about the rest.
captainspacecoat wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:32 pmBut blindly following someone with absolutely no room for criticism just doesn't sit right with me at all.
In the same thread, I feel like some people just engage with 100% of the lives of the people they're fans of and some people don't. By "blindly" being a fan and not being critical, it doesn't mean I'm agreeing with all of their opinions, political persuasions, thoughts and feelings. It just means that they're entertainers, they entertain me and that's kind of where my expectations stop. I don't really care what they do in their personal lives, I don't know them so I don't get to sit around, tweeting my disappoint at them that they didn't comment on something some other dude in the media said yesterday about a dog. They aren't engaging with me on a personal level so their choices don't affect me, thus they don't offend me. I guess it's because none of that has nothing to do with what they're in my life to do. And like I said, if I was watching something only to find things to be critical about, I'd definitely go watch something else. The negativity of all that sounds exhausting and my life is crazy busy enough as it is lol. Life is too short and I like sleeping instead.

Anyway, thanks so much for the replies! I understand a lot better now anyway. I'm just old and tired, my job got nuts lately.

I miss the gaming streams. Damn. I'd even love a bit of fireboy and watergirl.
malday
emo goose

So the AP video will probably be for Thursday, instead of a liveshow.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

That was actually so funny? I don’t usually find rage games funny, but they made me laugh at this so :ribena:

Also wanting to bite Dan’s ear off and threatening to “hold him right” - Dan making nonsensical ‘your mum’ jokes... Just. Cute, cute, cute. :philtrash:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
hello9217
flower crown

I'm really loving the videos they are putting out this year. They may not be as frequent but they have definitely been some of my faves. I think a lot of it has to do with them seeming more relaxed in their videos and leaving more in that I feel would have been edited out two years ago. But yeah I really loved the new gaming video. The bants were top notch.
Also Phil saying he wants to bite Dan's ear off...furry!Phil rise
Last edited by hello9217 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

That video the best thing on dapg in 2018???? Because holy shit. I want to rewatch 3 times.

Phil wanting to bite Dan's ear off? All the touching? The lack of proximity? The hilarity of that game driving them both to insanity? The editing over Phil trying to be zen?

It was all SO DAMN GOOD!
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

"Don't you slowclap me!"
"I'll slowclap you whenever I want."
"I'll slowclap ya mum in her own house!"

Can someone please tell me WHY I found this to be the funniest thing I've ever heard :lol:
000dia000
emo goose

Brilliant video. I'm definitely the minority that prefer rage, spur of the moment things to "cute" games/videos where everything feels set up and fake. I feel them slipping up and threatening to bite each other is the realest thing we could see from them. Maybe I'm just childish and enjoy seeing Dan screaming and raging. It's amazing how they somehow make "your mum" jokes into back and forth flirting, that's some serious talent right there.
:cactus:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was almost fun, tbh I found their stress too stressful and that game is just annoying especially cos it reminds me, in looks, of my old favourite DOS game Secret Agent, only that was actually fun. Phil was funny, though, and I love the Bjork song and all their dadding of each other (the thought of all these quiet words Dan’s been having recently amuses me). The rest of the Bjork song would be adorable to hear them sing, but many steps too far for them, I know. That tshirt of Phil’s looks like it’s seen better days, though I’ve never seen it before. The Pokemon (?) characters are cute, though.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

that was 15 minutes of gross flirting and I'm here for it, i actually lauGHed way too loudly at "I'll hold you right" and dan's burst of laughter. phil was very relaxed ("zen") and I lost it when he threw up his hands and said no more. I definitely second what @000dia000 said about the natural bants
chiccola
sofa crease

Did anyone else raise their eyebrows at 11.53 after the jumpcut? It's after Dan fails the block ball game, then there's the jumpcut and Dan giggling and Phil goes "Shut up" & mentions putting a disclaimer at the start of the video.

Guys, what raunchy footage are you hiding from us? :thekoolkatz:
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

That video was just so much flirting and I felt like such a third wheel. When Phil was like “I’ll bite your ear off”’ I literally was like excuse me what

But holy moly the flirting. It’s so intense omg I love it
:transheart:
Ablissa
pastel persona

This video was super cute :D
Dan's resolve not to scream was set to fail before it even started, but yeah, I loved Phil trying to make him calm down. At some point I felt like Phil might actually bite Dan's ear or end up giving him a massage. Goes to show how little is edited out these days, if this is where my mind jumps to. :love1: that or i'm a horrible demon

I've been a bit quiet here and everywhere else because the negativity (or realism?) surrounding them being inactive is making me anxious, it's been a tough month for me. But videos like this really remind me why I love them and do wonders for my frayed nerves. Let them do their thing, they're worth the patience.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

chiccola wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:46 pm Did anyone else raise their eyebrows at 11.53 after the jumpcut? It's after Dan fails the block ball game, then there's the jumpcut and Dan giggling and Phil goes "Shut up" & mentions putting a disclaimer at the start of the video.

Guys, what raunchy footage are you hiding from us? :thekoolkatz:
I caught that too!

I'm sure they thought they could play it off as just a disclaimer for Dan's volume, but lbr Dan said something super inappropriate and they cut it out and I wanna knoooowwww!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Maybe I'm in that once-a-month-mood but... meh?

I guess I just hate 8-bit platformer games with a passion. Why did they have to play it on a phone? Why not play I Wanna Be The Guy on the computer? I know that the dream of seeing "real" games on the channel is dead, but why not more Job Simulator or Golfing/Bomb Defusing-style games? Something casual that doesn't violate my eyes at the same time.
I mean yes sure they are cute and flirting and whatever, but can they do that without a shitty game then?

ok bye :gg:
loveparanoia
tol bean

ok but what did they say to each other at 13:20? just curious lol
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

loveparanoia wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:32 pm ok but what did they say to each other at 13:20? just curious lol
Dan definitely says "Do I have to do this?", But if anyone can make out what Phil says before he says Yes in reply, I would love to know too lol!
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
phillyforgot
butt chair

Once again, they're pretty close together, personal space wise. First thing I've noticed.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

That was so good! I think I have a thing for watching them play (near) impossible games driving them into madness.

Commentary:
- Phil is still trying to teach Dan about the benefits of having an indoor voice. That man has the patience of a saint. :angel2:
- "I'll slowclap your mum in her own house." Uhhhhh.
- "It's your iPhone you're throwing across the room." Phil sounds like such a parent sometimes.
- snekkyspikes.org (sadly no #spon redirect)
- How often do y'all think Phil does the shushing song thing?
- Dan schools Phil on 1D's discography. Phil dgaf, he was only ever interested in Zayn's face anyway.
- Phil got pzazz. But tbh everyone got pzazz if you're on as much sugar as Phil probably is. :thumb:
- "dandandandandan. Dad."
- Phil wants to bite Dan's ear. Kinky.
- With Dan's shrieking probably reaching dog whistle levels at times, it's a miracle one hasn't turned up at their doorstep yet.
- "Don't say moist and flaky in relation to my mum."
- "You need to keep holding right." "I'll hold you right." :oops:
- Phil being completely done and going to his 'serene place' has me in stitches.
- "Get to ball fun, swing it around a bit, and go home." :rofl:
- Always amazed at how large Dan's mouth is. He gotta be careful tho, if he doesn't learn about indoor voices soon Phil might just shove that phone a bit farther to solve the problem.

I loved this video. Also love them almost sitting on top of each other as always with these phone games. :ribena:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
fancybum
senpai

Aw that was great, I love me some simple rage games, I actually find the repetitiveness and the frustration cathartic. It's like a tidy closed loop of stress build up and release.
2:38 "one thicc jump" man that ditty meme has really just camped out in their collective brain eh, it's not leaving
4:31-32 Dan's small-screen reaction to Phil going 'ffff..' was a nice moment before he started reacting for the camera (which was also nice, but in the performative way). He wants Phil to swear as much as we do.
entire:video was great
Catallena wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:39 pm - "You need to keep holding right." "I'll hold you right." :oops:
- Phil being completely done and going to his 'serene place' has me in stitches.
same
same

A+ video :blackheart:
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

fancybum wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:40 pm
Tweet has now been deleted - what does that mean? Too many responses? It had about 30k replies last I checked
neetbuzzer
delia smith
Pronouns: he/him/tired

somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:01 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:28 pm @somethingsketchy that’s super cute, I remember them being excited by the Moomin shop. Though for a second I thought you were going to start talking about shamanistic reindeer fursonas and that got me even more excited. I too love antlers and antlered figures but this is probably not the place to talk about horned gods that are not actually Cernunnos and my regret that I never got my son a certain Schleich figure.
Hmm, while shamanistic reindeer fursonas might sound cool, they would also be disrespectful towards the indigenous Saami people of Northern Europe and appropriative of their culture. Dressing up as a reindeer isn't inherently appropriative, but linking ideas of witchcraft and shamanism to that would be. So, err, maybe let's just stick with the Moomins?
Oh man, it's just occurring to me that I thought I was picturing something similar, but that I was conflating Moomins with fucking Moonkins from goddamn World of Warcraft:
For FUCK's sake.
so smh @ WoW smh @ me but a very sincere :thankyou: to both of you for this exchange bc I learned something neat today :love1:
ImageImage
no one would talk to you on fur affinity