Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I'm in love with this video
I second the people saying the whole thing and the bants feels so natural and I'm here for it
and we are once again left feeling like a third wheel (when are we not?)
snokoplasmic
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

LadyLackless wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:49 pm Tweet has now been deleted - what does that mean? Too many responses? It had about 30k replies last I checked
Since he said that it's for a video, I'm guessing that he maybe just got the amount of photos that he needed for whatever he's doing?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

ugh that video was so good!! not only was it exactly what i needed today, but i'm going to agree with the majority here about how organic it felt. and while their videos have been becoming more and more like that over time, this was like a breath of fresh air to me.
neetbuzzer
delia smith
Pronouns: he/him/tired

lmao that video was rife with thread titles, goddamn. I thought it was fun! Light, funny. Doofy af. I agree with those who have said they enjoy ragey games for their inherently unscripted quality; if you're pissed the fish off, you probs ain't gonna filter as much. God bless.

-Phildiana Jones and the Nothing But Disappointment, in theaters now
-"gonna remain calm" gorl when
- "yeah you say that now" ~foreshadowing~
- their random bits in unison
this game is the devil omg! the AI is weirdly impressive for a fucking tap game, wtf
-f fffffishFINGERS
that red filter lmao
- bjork safeword confirmed
- Jackie Phan bye
- motherfisheries
the idea of "no deaths" on a gravestone tickles me
- straight to ball fun
- "I believe I'm a ball! I dON'T WANNA TOUCH THE WALL."mp3
- iPhan Tapping
"now's not the time" @ the end promo killed me softly lmao
and finally, wise words: Dan & Phil Version
Phil: "what I did, I don't know, is the answer"
Dan: "like that except you don't do that"
:dapg:
ImageImage
no one would talk to you on fur affinity
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

I loved that video more than I thought I would just looking at the thumbnail; I didn't think I'd like the game but I just went and downloaded it so guess who was proven wrong? :lol: honestly very cute and flirty, and so many great bangs I'm in love :love2: I'll never not love seeing Dan try not to rage, I'm content
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
neetbuzzer
delia smith

whelpkeeper wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:45 am I loved that video more than I thought I would just looking at the thumbnail; I didn't think I'd like the game but I just went and downloaded it so guess who was proven wrong? :lol: honestly very cute and flirty, and so many great bangs I'm in love :love2: I'll never not love seeing Dan try not to rage, I'm content
this is actually something I've been wondering about for awhile!
(and apologies if it's been asked before/elsewhere! feel free to :tsk: this post if it's redundant, powers that be) :garbage:

have deppy caused any of y'all to try/buy/cry any games they've played? I downloaded Battle Cats (and spread that plague to at least 3 other people lmao :whiskers: ), and they made me wanna dip back into the chaotic moodlet-laden waters of the Sims if only so I could design non-ridiculous houses.

Anyone else?
ImageImage
hello9217
flower crown

neetbuzzer wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:28 am
whelpkeeper wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:45 am I loved that video more than I thought I would just looking at the thumbnail; I didn't think I'd like the game but I just went and downloaded it so guess who was proven wrong? :lol: honestly very cute and flirty, and so many great bangs I'm in love :love2: I'll never not love seeing Dan try not to rage, I'm content
(and apologies if it's been asked before/elsewhere! feel free to :tsk: this post if it's redundant, powers that be) :garbage:

have deppy caused any of y'all to try/buy/cry any games they've played? I downloaded Battle Cats (and spread that plague to at least 3 other people lmao :whiskers: ), and they made me wanna dip back into the chaotic moodlet-laden waters of the Sims if only so I could design non-ridiculous houses.

Anyone else?
I did download the love nikki game, which is funny because I was really iffy about the video when I first saw it but after reading people say it was a pretty good video I watched it and liked the game a lot. I just enjoy dress up games a bit too much though.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

hello9217 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:52 am

Anyone else?
I did download the love nikki game, which is funny because I was really iffy about the video when I first saw it but after reading people say it was a pretty good video I watched it and liked the game a lot. I just enjoy dress up games a bit too much though.
Same! I've been obsessed with Love Nikki since their video. I love dress up games so I downloaded it, but I was half expecting to get bored of it within a few days. But since I've really gotten the hang of how everything works (it takes a few days) I just can't quit. It's everything relevant to my interests tbh.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Anyone else?
they've made me want to play so. many. games (or get back into so many games like the sims or mario kart), but often money is an issue so i try the online games they do a lot (mostly because i want to see how well i'd do compared to them as i'm a competitive bitch lol). like, i spent hours playing slitherio, higher or lower and geoguessr because i'd try it once to see if i could beat them right off the bat and then i'd get addicted haha
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

late reply to the vid, i watched it when it was uploaded but then went straight to reblogging all of the cute moments on tumblr lmao.
2018 is just.... getting gayer... i really like rage games tbh! it was so beautiful watching phil comfort dan and sing Björk (which i am pretty sure the song is about falling in love with a boy uuuhhh) but yeah really cute!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wasn't active on here for the past couple days because all of the long negative paragraphs were overwhelming. hhahahah.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Anyone else?
Oh helllll yes, I had abandoned the Sims years ago, and sometime last year while rewatching their Sims series made me do the same. Their horrible interior design/house building skills (and inability to care for their Sims basic needs) pissed me off to the point I had to bust open the game just to, idk, prove to myself I could build a better house than them? No clue really. But I had to do better, so I spent a loooong weekend glued to my computer building a beautiful, perfect home that then immediately abandoned. Again. And I haven’t touched the game since. :rofl:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
neetbuzzer
delia smith

Catallena wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:56 am
hello9217 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:52 am I did download the love nikki game, which is funny because I was really iffy about the video when I first saw it but after reading people say it was a pretty good video I watched it and liked the game a lot. I just enjoy dress up games a bit too much though.
Same! I've been obsessed with Love Nikki since their video. I love dress up games so I downloaded it, but I was half expecting to get bored of it within a few days. But since I've really gotten the hang of how everything works (it takes a few days) I just can't quit. It's everything relevant to my interests tbh.
ahhhhh nooooooo y'all gonna make me download another game! I love dress up games tbh; CAS comprises about 65% of my actual Sims playtime, and I was so baffled by Dan and Phil's (mostly Phil's, tbh) choices in their Love Nikki spon that it almost put me off it. I have been thinking about it though.

so they made jokes about the lore and stuff in the game, but... is there actually lore? Is it fun/ny? I don't need it for a dress up game, but if it has depth beyond what they showed that'd be a bonus, haha. I was surprised with how ridiculous (in the best way) Battle Cats turned out to be, for instance. A lot more going on than they showed.
obsessivelymoody wrote:they've made me want to play so. many. games (or get back into so many games like the sims or mario kart), but often money is an issue so i try the online games they do a lot (mostly because i want to see how well i'd do compared to them as i'm a competitive bitch lol). like, i spent hours playing slitherio, higher or lower and geoguessr because i'd try it once to see if i could beat them right off the bat and then i'd get addicted haha
I feel this in my soul., haha. Like in general I'm not A. competitive or B. made of money, but I do enjoy when they play more accessible games, price-wise; I know they get flak for playing flash games and not "real" games sometimes, but I appreciate that they include a variety of options for people who lowkey treat LPs as a shopping opportunity ;)

and lbr it's not hard to do better than them, god bless.
although I do wish Dan had continued with Outlast tbh! he approached it from a player's standpoint rather than a LET'S player standpoint and it made it more immersive imo
ImageImage
neetbuzzer
delia smith

ratlad wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:02 am late reply to the vid, i watched it when it was uploaded but then went straight to reblogging all of the cute moments on tumblr lmao.
2018 is just.... getting gayer... i really like rage games tbh! it was so beautiful watching phil comfort dan and sing Björk (which i am pretty sure the song is about falling in love with a boy uuuhhh) but yeah really cute!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wasn't active on here for the past couple days because all of the long negative paragraphs were overwhelming. hhahahah.
can I quote you in my signature? not even joking, lmao. I just really want to believe in the year of our lord, 20gayteen. :stan:
Ewok wrote:Oh helllll yes, I had abandoned the Sims years ago, and sometime last year while rewatching their Sims series made me do the same. Their horrible interior design/house building skills (and inability to care for their Sims basic needs) pissed me off to the point I had to bust open the game just to, idk, prove to myself I could build a better house than them? No clue really. But I had to do better, so I spent a loooong weekend glued to my computer building a beautiful, perfect home that then immediately abandoned. Again. And I haven’t touched the game since. :rofl:
YES oh my goooooood I mentioned this earlier but the lack of care for their basic fucking needs made me...idk...frazzled? It was so stressful to watch for some reason! Honestly when I actually got the friggin' game I was gearing up for a much tricker experience than it turned out to be, just based on their (hella entertaining, don't get me wrong) incompetence. I don't watch them because they're great at games, though. I'm sure their off camera playstyles are different anyway, haha.

(Also, did your sims take like 90 years to eat a sandwich? bc I don't remember that from older sims games and it's the WORST :rage: .)

sorry for double post!
ImageImage
hello9217
flower crown

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:58 am

Anyone else?
they've made me want to play so. many. games (or get back into so many games like the sims or mario kart), but often money is an issue so i try the online games they do a lot (mostly because i want to see how well i'd do compared to them as i'm a competitive bitch lol). like, i spent hours playing slitherio, higher or lower and geoguessr because i'd try it once to see if i could beat them right off the bat and then i'd get addicted haha
Oh wow I totally forgot about geoguessr. I remember after that video I spent an entire weekend constantly playing it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

My guilty secret: I've also become obsessed with Love Nikki. I hate them for it.
autumnhearth
senpai

I think I mentioned it here already, but I too have been playing dress up thanks to the boys. I’ve definitely got the hang of it now, though some of what the game considers the best outfits, go completely against my fashion sense. :sideeye:

Anywho, loved today’s gaming vid. I watched it earlier with my son as it posted right before we were about to head out. He was giddy with laughter from all the sneks of the game and at one point commented that Dan said the f word a lot. Yeah. :shrug:

Then tonight I watched with the husband who had actually seen some of this game before and was delighted. I liked it even better the second time around. (I think I might still prefer Getting Over It slightly, but this had really special moments.) Supportive encouraging Phil is really just the best. :love2:

Stormy Ascent came on right after that and it had been awhile so we indulged in that and then watched the fetus gaming and cringed at their immaturity and ignorance (okay so the husband hid under a blanket and fell asleep). Off in search of that Bjork song. Goodnight!
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I'm sure we've all moved on but omg that video was great, I watched it this morning and it put me in such a good mood (surprisingly, given that it's a frustrating, stressful game. but it did something to me, it was great). I loved Phil singing Björk to make Dan be quiet, Phil's almost swear turning into "fffffffish fingers", Phil's free-flowing thoughts giving us such gems as "I'll hold you right", and also the underrated moment in which Dan referenced School of Rock (when he sung "step off" towards the end), which is just objectively one of the greatest movies of all time. Quality content.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

chiccola wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:46 pm Did anyone else raise their eyebrows at 11.53 after the jumpcut? It's after Dan fails the block ball game, then there's the jumpcut and Dan giggling and Phil goes "Shut up" & mentions putting a disclaimer at the start of the video.

Guys, what raunchy footage are you hiding from us? :thekoolkatz:
damn I didn't notice this myself but now I want to know!

no jumpcut away from 'i'll hold you right' though, lollll. what a visual.
dan knew what he was doing leaning away out of shot when phil said he wanted to bite his ear. his uncontrolled facial expressions are so endearing. and the bjork was unexpected! dan was trying so hard not to grin, you could tell lol. holding onto dan's shoulders was sweet too, and what he said so sincerely at 13.30. i'm enjoying watching phil's repertoire of 'calming' skills lately. the mermaid imagining overlays...i want to know who edited this one.

my highlight however was dan blushing over the idea of Xena inside him. phil is so cheeky. as someone who had a raging crush on Xena as a child that i only consciously processed as an adult, i would have had the same reaction :lol:

doesn't really do it justice.

4.45 dan: we've had a conversation about the T word ('tease')
dan - does a itchy nose facial expression i've never seen before
5.05 phil singing Bjork to dan.
8.08 phil to dan: i wanna bite your ear and rip it off and eat it
10.50 ya mum talk gets weird
10.58 phil: 'ill hold you right'
both snicker and giggle
11.25 phil imagines a mermaid???
13.00 phil pulling dan back by the shoulders
13.02 phil to dan: xena is inside you.
13.30 you did really well early on, so channel that, dan
13.40-50 phil calming dan down

screencaps:
art in avatar by lily
aleanna
glabella

Love Nikki has taken over my life since their video! IT's stupid, but I really can't stop playing it.

I've also played some of the online games, like geoguessr, higher of lower, google feud, and google autocomplete. My ex also get us both Golf with Friends (he would watch DAPG) so we could play together while we were long distance.

I'm not really a gamer, though. I mostly watch for the bants.
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

So bear with me here while I half deliriously type out why I'm pretty sure deps are moving this year because I've been scrolling through tumblr for hours and lots of people are bringing up valid points, and I'm curious as to what people here think, since it was briefly discussed a few pages ago.

What I'm seeing on tumblr is people saying that they're totally planting seeds (like they did last year), such as the ddr board not being in the last couple videos (though tbh that could just be the angle idk), and Phil causally mentioning that their flat came furnished. Also the fact that they're doing less liveshows (which did happen when they moved last year), and while yeah, tour planning is definitely a big part of that and I'm sure they're in tons of meetings as this tour is quite different than the last one, which was probably a little easier to plan since it was a production based off existing content, they could very possibly be moving in their spare time, or at least getting ready to move.

Also, leases are usually 12 months long right? They made their moving out video at the end of April, meaning that they moved in at the end of April/beginning of May. But wait! They're on tour during that time this year! Right, but it's the UK leg, so they'll still be in the country, and regardless they could move into the new place earlier and since they'll be in the UK in April/May they'll have a chance to get out of their current place.

Anyway, I'm tired and I want them to get into that forever home asap hence this silly post haha
human
dan hand trash

neetbuzzer wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:19 amAlso, did your sims take like 90 years to eat a sandwich? bc I don't remember that from older sims games and it's the WORST :rage: .)
I feel like a couple of the latest updates have really broken the game, this is a huge problem and I’ve tried fresh installs of Sims 4 and I’ve tried uninstalling expansions and packs and reinstalling one at a time and this still happens. Also loads of other glitches, too many to mention. I watch SimSupply and he tends to highlight a lot of the glitches in his videos. Honestly, it’s at the point I’ve stopped playing because it’s just unplayable for me. Glitch city! I really hope they fix it soon.

In other news, absolutely loved the video. I’ve watched it twice already. I really loved Phil soothing Dan with Bjork hahaha. These boys.

Also! Phil eyeing up Dan’s ear for eating and biting at it had me in stitches lol.
Kimship
glabella

I totally bought Golf with your Friends during a Steam sale because of them.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

I have to admit, I think I've played almost all of the flash games they've played. Immediately after watching the Wikihow video, I opened a new tab and played it :lol: Same goes for Geoguessr, Higher or Lower, Quick Draw, and the Google Incomplete Game
dancy
procrastinator

I generally love watching people playing rage games, so I really enjoyed this video! I wonder what Phil is planning on doing with those selfies (he got about 35k replies, so he's definitely got more than enough :lol: ) but I like the fact that he's involving his audience in his video (like he did in Viewers Pick My Outfit)!
obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:33 am So bear with me here while I half deliriously type out why I'm pretty sure deps are moving this year because I've been scrolling through tumblr for hours and lots of people are bringing up valid points, and I'm curious as to what people here think, since it was briefly discussed a few pages ago.

What I'm seeing on tumblr is people saying that they're totally planting seeds (like they did last year), such as the ddr board not being in the last couple videos (though tbh that could just be the angle idk), and Phil causally mentioning that their flat came furnished. Also the fact that they're doing less liveshows (which did happen when they moved last year), and while yeah, tour planning is definitely a big part of that and I'm sure they're in tons of meetings as this tour is quite different than the last one, which was probably a little easier to plan since it was a production based off existing content, they could very possibly be moving in their spare time, or at least getting ready to move.

Also, leases are usually 12 months long right? They made their moving out video at the end of April, meaning that they moved in at the end of April/beginning of May. But wait! They're on tour during that time this year! Right, but it's the UK leg, so they'll still be in the country, and regardless they could move into the new place earlier and since they'll be in the UK in April/May they'll have a chance to get out of their current place.

Anyway, I'm tired and I want them to get into that forever home asap hence this silly post haha
I've seen people theorizing about this as well and while it's a possibility for sure, I don't know whether they're really in such a rush to move out and into their forever home. Would be nice though and if it's true, I think they'll probably drop more hints soon but won't confirm it until after the tour is over.
vincentian
hobbit hair

I agree with everyone that it was a very cute video with natural bants, perhaps a little too out-of-control natural for my taste. Phil was being sooo randomly inappropriate, as if he was trying too hard. But uncensored facial reactions from both of them made up for it, and they had really good energy going, not really chastising each other for silly bants, just smiling.

I started counting the games I tried out because of D&P and lost count haha. Also, two years in a row gaming channel post-Christmas hiatus makes me go looking for games similar to some of the ones they played, and I found some good ones to play, so they generally inspired me to introduce gaming into my life.