Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

I’m not ready to get emotionally invested in moving theories after getting way too excited this past August (but hey that was six months ago). Of course it is much more logical this time around. And yeah there could be a huge period of us not knowing (while they are on tour). Right now an absent DDR board is not enough for me to hop on the train, and other things can be rationalized away, so we’ll see.
hello9217
flower crown

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:33 am So bear with me here while I half deliriously type out why I'm pretty sure deps are moving this year because I've been scrolling through tumblr for hours and lots of people are bringing up valid points, and I'm curious as to what people here think, since it was briefly discussed a few pages ago.

What I'm seeing on tumblr is people saying that they're totally planting seeds (like they did last year), such as the ddr board not being in the last couple videos (though tbh that could just be the angle idk), and Phil causally mentioning that their flat came furnished. Also the fact that they're doing less liveshows (which did happen when they moved last year), and while yeah, tour planning is definitely a big part of that and I'm sure they're in tons of meetings as this tour is quite different than the last one, which was probably a little easier to plan since it was a production based off existing content, they could very possibly be moving in their spare time, or at least getting ready to move.

Also, leases are usually 12 months long right? They made their moving out video at the end of April, meaning that they moved in at the end of April/beginning of May. But wait! They're on tour during that time this year! Right, but it's the UK leg, so they'll still be in the country, and regardless they could move into the new place earlier and since they'll be in the UK in April/May they'll have a chance to get out of their current place.

Anyway, I'm tired and I want them to get into that forever home asap hence this silly post haha
Yeah I've seen that too. The reason I believe it is because in 2015 they had the radio show and still did live shows pretty frequently while also planning the tour but rn they are so quiet. Also I may literally cry if I find out they are wasting money for a London flat that they won't even be in for 5 months.
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

I downloaded and fc’d Overcooked with my husband over Christmas, because I’d seen dnp play it. I’m always on the lookout for couch co-op games :)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

a) I am always ready to get invested in moving theories because they just seem like the most win/win type of fandom conspiracy. If they're moving, then hell yeah, probably-forever-home! If they're not moving, then hell yeah, staying-together-right-where-they-are! There's really no downside imo. (Not that I'm saying everyone needs to feel like that; objectively I get why it's frustrating to other people!)

b) The video yesterday!! I wasn't at a computer and I don't have the fortitude to make long posts from my phone, but oh my god I loved it. I want to quote parts and do timestamps later but @mermaid blood pretty much summed up all of the highlights for me. The touchy touchy and the giggling and the Xena pegging jokes and Phil just being Phil. I could not feel less disconnected from him; liveshows are nice but if somehow in the grand scheme of the universe I have to pick between the two (I can already hear the response: he should be like this in videos also give us liveshows, shh shh it's fine let me have my less-bleak opinion too) I will take this Phil that seems to be the default Phil that we get now. Whatever choices he's making in his life that lead us here, to this guy that's openly enjoying the hell out of stuff and mocking and sassing Dan and not filtering himself at all, I welcome and appreciate.

c) I confessed the Love Nikki obsession already, but yeah I'm also someone who plays basically every app or flash game they play as long as it's free or doesn't cost more than a couple bucks. Battle Cats obsession faded fast, the google games I will resort to occasionally when I'm super bored waiting on work stuff to come through because they require no computer resources or time commitment, and I think the game they've played I enjoy most and still regularly play is Geoguessr. My father and I compete to try and top each other's scores all the time.
malday
emo goose

I also wasted time on geoguessr and other free online games because of them. But the only games i've ever considered buying are some of the recent horror games they've played (until i saw the cost and how buggy they were).
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

neetbuzzer wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:08 am
Catallena wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:56 am
hello9217 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:52 am I did download the love nikki game, which is funny because I was really iffy about the video when I first saw it but after reading people say it was a pretty good video I watched it and liked the game a lot. I just enjoy dress up games a bit too much though.
Same! I've been obsessed with Love Nikki since their video. I love dress up games so I downloaded it, but I was half expecting to get bored of it within a few days. But since I've really gotten the hang of how everything works (it takes a few days) I just can't quit. It's everything relevant to my interests tbh.
ahhhhh nooooooo y'all gonna make me download another game! I love dress up games tbh; CAS comprises about 65% of my actual Sims playtime, and I was so baffled by Dan and Phil's (mostly Phil's, tbh) choices in their Love Nikki spon that it almost put me off it. I have been thinking about it though.

so they made jokes about the lore and stuff in the game, but... is there actually lore? Is it fun/ny? I don't need it for a dress up game, but if it has depth beyond what they showed that'd be a bonus, haha. I was surprised with how ridiculous (in the best way) Battle Cats turned out to be, for instance. A lot more going on than they showed.
It's nothing groundbreaking but it's there. Nikki is a girl who has been transported to this world where everyone settles things in fashion battles. She travels through all the nations of world (who all have different fashion styles which she needs to learn and earn/buy items in that style) to become a better stylist and save the world from an evil queen. Something like that. :shrug:

Either way, it's fun and D&P video didn't quite do it justice. Or really even explain shit. I watched some other videos by fans when I started to understand all the currency and stuff.

(late answer oops)

At the moment I don't really believe any moving theories but maybe if I see more evidence in the coming weeks maybe I'll change my mind? Right now I can see it in the cards for 2019, just not this year.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

I'm really not a gamer but I too downloaded and played so many games they did, especially the ones who are free/not expensive, the kinda expensive ones I just wish I could play :lol:
starwatersong
phabergé

We ended up buying a Switch because of some of the games they played and I also bought Katamari, Sims 3 (I have an older PC), and Undertale.

I also watched Your Lie in April and am starting to watch The Crown, but television and anime is another ballgame.
dailybooth
glabella

I've also played most of the flash games they have (tho a lot of the time its just me revisiting them and not discovering them)

And yes, I have also fallen victim to the Love Nikki trap. I don't even read any of the "lore", just tap through the conversations tbh. Its very fun tho.
:lion: :prideflag:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I just had a quick question- Has anyone else noticed the length of the ads given to them on D+P videos getting longer in the past week? Videos on other channels I watch are still giving me :15-:30 second ads before hand, but it seems like whenever I go to rewatch something on DAPG/DINOF/AP, I'm getting ads that are two minutes or longer. Yesterday they gave me one that said it was 8 minutes long and another that was 4 1/2. I usually don't skip the ads on their channels (gotta get them their forever home), but there's no way I'm watching an 8 minute long video about mattresses to watch a 6 minute blooper video. Just wondering if it's me or everyone?
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I haven't played any games because deppy have with the big exception being the sims, since I started playing it in August because they did and still can't stop. send help.

personally, i'm not focused on the gameplay as much on the gaming channel and i watch more for their interactions, so maybe that's part of why i haven't really gotten into the games they've played
willowgarden
squish

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:41 pm I’m not ready to get emotionally invested in moving theories after getting way too excited this past August (but hey that was six months ago). Of course it is much more logical this time around. And yeah there could be a huge period of us not knowing (while they are on tour). Right now an absent DDR board is not enough for me to hop on the train, and other things can be rationalized away, so we’ll see.
Has anyone considered, and apologies if it is an earlier theory, but maybe subletting the new flat? The landlord may have told them "full occupancy" is required for a swanky modern building. They've been on tour before. They know how paying for empty rooms, filled with plants slowly dying as Martyn Lester forgets to water them, is not the best use of funds.

And maybe it's capitalist Phil, who literally was selling tickets at the end of the rage video. If you call him Dad, acknowledge the most Dad he's ever done by insisting the apartment work for them while they're away.

Packing up personal belongings, and noting that the furniture is included with the rent, also makes sense for a sublet situation for several months.
I don’t know anybody or anything. Please don’t ever talk to me again. Tell everybody to stop talking to me. ~ Kurt Vonnegut
hello9217
flower crown

onceinaugust wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:45 pm I just had a quick question- Has anyone else noticed the length of the ads given to them on D+P videos getting longer in the past week? Videos on other channels I watch are still giving me :15-:30 second ads before hand, but it seems like whenever I go to rewatch something on DAPG/DINOF/AP, I'm getting ads that are two minutes or longer. Yesterday they gave me one that said it was 8 minutes long and another that was 4 1/2. I usually don't skip the ads on their channels (gotta get them their forever home), but there's no way I'm watching an 8 minute long video about mattresses to watch a 6 minute blooper video. Just wondering if it's me or everyone?
I have youtube red so I don't get ads at all but if they have longer ads it's a possibility that it's because deppy are in the google preferred ads bracket. I'm assuming if someone wants to run a longer ad on your channel they probably pay more therefore dnp will get a larger cut of money.
autumnhearth
senpai

willowgarden wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:54 am Has anyone considered, and apologies if it is an earlier theory, but maybe subletting the new flat? The landlord may have told them "full occupancy" is required for a swanky modern building. They've been on tour before. They know how paying for empty rooms, filled with plants slowly dying as Martyn Lester forgets to water them, is not the best use of funds.

And maybe it's capitalist Phil, who literally was selling tickets at the end of the rage video. If you call him Dad, acknowledge the most Dad he's ever done by insisting the apartment work for them while they're away.

Packing up personal belongings, and noting that the furniture is included with the rent, also makes sense for a sublet situation for several months.
I was actually thinking about them subletting earlier today, maybe just one of the flats and using the other for storage. Wouldn’t Martyn and Cornelia be on tour with them anyway, running the booth? That confused me when Phil mentioned in a video that his brother hadn’t done the best job watering his plants. Anyone who knows more about how touring worked, feel free to chime in.

Yes, I’ve noticed longer ads too, but it’s been more than a couple weeks for me.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:02 am
willowgarden wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:54 am Has anyone considered, and apologies if it is an earlier theory, but maybe subletting the new flat? The landlord may have told them "full occupancy" is required for a swanky modern building. They've been on tour before. They know how paying for empty rooms, filled with plants slowly dying as Martyn Lester forgets to water them, is not the best use of funds.

I was actually thinking about them subletting earlier today, maybe just one of the flats and using the other for storage. Wouldn’t Martyn and Cornelia be on tour with them anyway, running the booth? That confused me when Phil mentioned in a video that his brother hadn’t done the best job watering his plants. Anyone who knows more about how touring worked, feel free to chime in.

Yes, I’ve noticed longer ads too, but it’s been more than a couple weeks for me.
Martyn actually wasn't there the whole time during TATINOF, I assume there was business back home to take care of because he would fly back to the UK and then rejoin the tour - I think he did that twice?
scientia
phabergé

dammit, because of you guys (a little credit is due to D&P but mostly it's because of y'all) I downloaded Love Nikki and spent 4 straight hours playing it
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

onceinaugust wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:45 pm I just had a quick question- Has anyone else noticed the length of the ads given to them on D+P videos getting longer in the past week? Videos on other channels I watch are still giving me :15-:30 second ads before hand, but it seems like whenever I go to rewatch something on DAPG/DINOF/AP, I'm getting ads that are two minutes or longer. Yesterday they gave me one that said it was 8 minutes long and another that was 4 1/2. I usually don't skip the ads on their channels (gotta get them their forever home), but there's no way I'm watching an 8 minute long video about mattresses to watch a 6 minute blooper video. Just wondering if it's me or everyone?
I've been getting longer ads on most channels since the beginning of February. Also, on the other day, I saw some people on the YouTube subreddit complaining about ads getting longer (and also about getting weird propaganda ads, yikes), so it's most probably not D&P-specific.
DatCog
blobfish

I’ve noticed a difference in ads in recent weeks. Whereas before I’d get the odd 10-15 sec non-skippable, I’ve had quite a few 2 min non-skippables on their videos (mostly the same ad by Udemy) and I actually ditched a video to watch something else because it was so annoying!

This issue has only been on D&P videos in my experience.
blackdenim
procrastinator

willowgarden wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:54 am
autumnhearth wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:41 pm I’m not ready to get emotionally invested in moving theories after getting way too excited this past August (but hey that was six months ago). Of course it is much more logical this time around. And yeah there could be a huge period of us not knowing (while they are on tour). Right now an absent DDR board is not enough for me to hop on the train, and other things can be rationalized away, so we’ll see.
Has anyone considered, and apologies if it is an earlier theory, but maybe subletting the new flat? The landlord may have told them "full occupancy" is required for a swanky modern building. They've been on tour before. They know how paying for empty rooms, filled with plants slowly dying as Martyn Lester forgets to water them, is not the best use of funds.

I was thinking about this the other day because it seems really not in their nature, Phil's particularly, to pay ```~£5,000 a month (conservative estimate based on the fact I still think they have two flats) in rent while they're not in the properties. So I was thinking maybe they would sublet or even AirBnB it but actually given how private they are and that most landlords frown on subletting far more than they frown on leaving an apartment empty, getting themselves into a situation where there are people nosing around their flat while they're away seems even less in their nature to me - even if they did pack up most of their personal belongings.

Also with the 'full occupancy' thing, in my experience landlords don't really care as long as they're getting paid. Their building has a concierge, etc they've said. It's probably pretty safe to leave it empty - far safer than the last one was and they still did that - and let's be honest, I know Phil is all about being frugal and making money right now, but they're still literal millionaires. They can actually afford to pay obscene rent while they're away touring: particularly given how much the tour will be bringing in for them.

Basically the conclusion I've come to is that yes, they may be moving in April (I personally don't think they are but it's fun to speculate!), particularly since it seems people know their address now which would be a BIG motivator to move if I was them. But if they're not, I'd be seriously surprised if they were preparing to sublet it.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

a few people on tumblr were saying they think they're starting to pack up because the DDR mat wasn't there in the last videos, and cause the one's we're seeing now are probably pre-filmed? i understand the moving theory since it would kinda suck and be stupid to pay rent for a house while on tour so i feel like their lease is ending this year and after tour they'll move into their ~forever home uwu
(no but seriously, the thought of that warms me heart)
i just hope if they do move into a real house, they won't keep up the "separate bedrooms we are Platonic Broski's™ ” shenanigans. i mean yeah it's their decision on what they share with us, but i feel like we're the ones who are actually in the closet with their relationship. if they're actually in a relationship, probably almost everyone in their life knows except for us (officially, that is..) i just want them to be more comfortable with us, which we are noticing lately!!!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

ratlad wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:55 am a few people on tumblr were saying they think they're starting to pack up because the DDR mat wasn't there in the last videos, and cause the one's we're seeing now are probably pre-filmed? i understand the moving theory since it would kinda suck and be stupid to pay rent for a house while on tour so i feel like their lease is ending this year and after tour they'll move into their ~forever home uwu
(no but seriously, the thought of that warms me heart)
i just hope if they do move into a real house, they won't keep up the "separate bedrooms we are Platonic Broski's™ ” shenanigans. i mean yeah it's their decision on what they share with us, but i feel like we're the ones who are actually in the closet with their relationship. if they're actually in a relationship, probably almost everyone in their life knows except for us (officially, that is..) i just want them to be more comfortable with us, which we are noticing lately!!!!
In case you mean this tumblr post:
I'd like to refer to something I wrote in the old thread:
Just a quick thought - I think the period between filming and publishing is much longer for this video since they likely have to run it by the sponsors first and get approval. After all, that company is paying some £££ for an advertisement, so they wanna make sure they are getting a good video.
I remember being able to see RL time in videos before (the portrait drawing game and Undertale Flowey fight?) and there wasn't more than a few days between filming and posting.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1156&p=82190#p82190

I like the moving theory, but that one video doesn't suggest or prove anything.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Also, judging by Dan's haircut, they've filmed gaming videos on at least two different occasions this year.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I actually considered them renting out the flat to someone else, but if anyone people think that it's not like frugal Phil to pay several thousands of pounds each month for a flat while on tour (and that's a fair point) I'm wondering how it's any more plausbible that D&P would let a stranger live in their flat. Even if personal belongings would be stored elsewhere, that really doesn't sound like them either. At most they'd let a friend like Bryony (who lives with her family atm right?) stay there and take care of the place and Dan's precious succulent plants. None of the what's-gonna-happen-with-the-flat theories sound any more or less logical than the other to me rn. :shrug:

Love Nikki being filmed in advance doesn't prove the moving theory to me. As mentioned by @LtrllySusan , it was a #spon video which pretty much always needs to be improved first. And maybe they finally got smart and actually pre-filmed some other stuff too to secure uploads for the next week. Never too old to learn.. :thumb: I like moving theories because they're great fun, but I can't really get into them for now.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This is definitely one of those gifsets that just makes it so obvious how good 2017 was for them and their comfort levels.
DatCog
blobfish

Looks like a new Amazing Phil video is on the way!