Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
000dia000
emo goose

DatCog wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:07 pm Looks like a new Amazing Phil video is on the way!
I'm trying to be imaginative with what kind if video he makes... And I keep hoping for just something mundane. There's something a bit borderline about making a video using subscribers faces. He really knows how to build hype though!!
:cactus:
human
dan hand trash

Lol can you imagine if they sublet the phlats and we found the AirBnb listing? There would be like twenty phans in there every night, clubbing together their pennies to sit in the big lounge singing kumbaya around the calcifer plushie lol. This needs to happen.
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

human wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 pm Lol can you imagine if they sublet the phlats and we found the AirBnb listing? There would be like twenty phans in there every night, clubbing together their pennies to sit in the big lounge singing kumbaya around the calcifer plushie lol. This needs to happen.
Count me in! :lol:
malday
emo goose

000dia000 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 pm
DatCog wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:07 pm Looks like a new Amazing Phil video is on the way!
I'm trying to be imaginative with what kind if video he makes... And I keep hoping for just something mundane. There's something a bit borderline about making a video using subscribers faces. He really knows how to build hype though!!
I expect it to be something really heartfelt and sappy or just spon.
parallel
phabergé

If he edits me into a furry I am going to block him.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I plucked a selfie of Nana from Google and and sent that to him because I'm funny like that, so he better not have done any freaky shit to her or I'll sue.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

human wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 pm Lol can you imagine if they sublet the phlats and we found the AirBnb listing? There would be like twenty phans in there every night, clubbing together their pennies to sit in the big lounge singing kumbaya around the calcifer plushie lol. This needs to happen.
Calcifer plushie :rofl: shame it got toasted.

I can’t quite fathom him turning phandom selfies into furries, that’s beyond cheeky. I’m still guessing 12-year anniversary thank you tribute, unless that’s just too cute.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Holy shit I was literally predicting he's gonna draw viewers with his left hand like the thread here.
But I was busy brushing my teeth so I didn't make a post
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

I wasn't expecting that at all, but I loved it so much :lol: Genuinely laughed so many times!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Huh. So, that was a video.

... right, Dan's turn now?
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

When I saw he was only drawing people I thought that would de kinda boring but I liked his mood in the video and was smiling anyway despite how bad the drawings were :lol:
(can't believe he actually showed his foot without a sock on screen, he's gonna regret that soon)
:rofl:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was hilarious. I’ve watched so many art videos, my mind is a little broken at seeing him use the trackpad, but I guess if he never usually draws there’s no point even buying a small cheap tablet, he’s getting more mileage out of that beret. He did quite well to control it with his toe and nose. I’m curious what his jumper says, he’s so cute in it. 12 years on from those quirky dark forays into filmmaking, quite a sweet subscriber-tribute. Also a good foray into art-tube, they like their challenges.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Well that video entertained me. Thought it was really funny. :rofl:
And while the drawings were bad, mine would have been even worse so I really can't judge him for those.
000dia000
emo goose

That video was so stupid, I love it. So little effort yet I'm amused. A+ editing with zooming in on the beret and so much feet provided for someone worried about foot fetishists. I honestly have nothing else to add, it didn't change my life, and there's actually not much to talk about. If you want something to watch on the bus, here you go. Off topic, but I notice them make references to BTS in their last vids, have they always done this or have they just jumped on the bandwagon?
:cactus:
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

well that was..quite a video. it was good! i liked it. i hope dan does this too
:transheart:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Not much to say, just a fun filler video. Nice to have some solo Phil content.
scientia
phabergé

000dia000 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 pm That video was so stupid, I love it. So little effort yet I'm amused. A+ editing with zooming in on the beret and so much feet provided for someone worried about foot fetishists. I honestly have nothing else to add, it didn't change my life, and there's actually not much to talk about. If you want something to watch on the bus, here you go. Off topic, but I notice them make references to BTS in their last vids, have they always done this or have they just jumped on the bandwagon?
Dan mentioned BTS a few times in recent liveshows, I wonder if they’ve checked them out together
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

:sideeye:

What did I just waste precious minutes of my life on?

The video screamed, “You stan me, so you’re gonna watch this no matter what I do.”

I mean, it was standard AmazingPhil as these things go, but a new low in that it especially felt like he came up with it about 1 min before turning the camera on.

I guess when you're begging for scraps, you get them, but lordt I think I would genuinely rather a domestic tweet or 2. Or extra gaming videos, if main channel's short of creativity.

This reaction comes off very negative, I know, and it's not like I didn't enjoy it while I watched, but y'all. It was so last minute, he didn't even #spon the tour!!
citizen_erased
truth bomb

scientia wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:49 pm
000dia000 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 pm That video was so stupid, I love it. So little effort yet I'm amused. A+ editing with zooming in on the beret and so much feet provided for someone worried about foot fetishists. I honestly have nothing else to add, it didn't change my life, and there's actually not much to talk about. If you want something to watch on the bus, here you go. Off topic, but I notice them make references to BTS in their last vids, have they always done this or have they just jumped on the bandwagon?
Dan mentioned BTS a few times in recent liveshows, I wonder if they’ve checked them out together
BTS has been growing in popularity immensely, and I've noticed Dan & Phil have been getting spammed with tons of messages about BTS in liveshows. Plus the sheer amount of people on twitter with BTS related usernames/pictures makes it kind of unavoidable, like here, where Phil just looked up how to pronounce Jungkook because it was in someone's username. It's probably also just good marketing to talk about BTS? It's bound to get you bonus points with all the army/phandom overlap there seems to be. I keep seeing D&P pop up in bts fanvideos, which is very strange to me. Also didn't Phil say at some point he'd need to look into BTS at some point to be more up-to-date?

(I fell into the BTS rabbit hole in august last year and haven't found my way out yet, so I guess this is my life now.)

Phil's sweater has Japanese writing on it, all I could tell was the front said "moon person" (I think?? It's not the normal word for moon) and the sleeve something like "do do do" ? I'm not sure, and I have no idea what it's about if it's about anything. So this was a pointless addition to this post, sorry :lol: :lol:

I enjoyed that video! I thought Phil was very energetic and fun in it, even if at the first the idea of it made me roll my eyes a bit. But it was cute and weird and I kept hoping for Dan to walk into the room at some moments because that reaction would've been priceless.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:57 pmThis reaction comes off very negative, I know, and it's not like I didn't enjoy it while I watched, but y'all. It was so last minute, he didn't even #spon the tour!!
He definitely came up with the concept in advance since he asked for pictures, but I feel that was more like "I need a video, I have no time, what won't take me long to film" - which isn't super surprising to me. I'm not using they're busy as an excuse in the manner of protecting them from critique - criticize all you want. But I do think they are busy. Speed and convenience in video concept is not new to them, no matter how much Dan wants to say he overthinks every video. (You still did buzzfeed quizzes last year, Dan. I didn't forget that.)

Personally this video was pretty meh to me because it just didn't grab me. I think last minute concepts can still be fine, this one just didn't have any spark for me. There's just not many ways he can go for sharp humor or edgy interaction when dealing with... viewer photos. After the third one, his cute 'oh no' face followed by a zany interpretation stopped having the intended effect. I checked it twice while I watched it to see how close to being over it was. But we're still getting super regular content so the fact that I know there will be a gaming video within a day or two has me not caring overly much that this main channel video is a dud for me.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

the video was cute, i wish he drew more people though! I'd say i would want dan to do it, but i want him to come up with something else instead. not really his style.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I gotta say that one didn't really land for me at all. An unmemorable filler all the way through. But at least it's an upload that will calm down the people who still feel some kind of drought and I guess that was the point. I wonder if Dan will upload this week? He's due for a video imo, even if he's busy.

lol @ Phil being dead scared of ARMY. Me too bro. :thumb:
citizen_erased wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:09 pm
scientia wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:49 pm
BTS has been growing in popularity immensely, and I've noticed Dan & Phil have been getting spammed with tons of messages about BTS in liveshows. Plus the sheer amount of people on twitter with BTS related usernames/pictures makes it kind of unavoidable, like here, where Phil just looked up how to pronounce Jungkook because it was in someone's username. It's probably also just good marketing to talk about BTS? It's bound to get you bonus points with all the army/phandom overlap there seems to be. I keep seeing D&P pop up in bts fanvideos, which is very strange to me. Also didn't Phil say at some point he'd need to look into BTS at some point to be more up-to-date?
Phil always says he'll look intokpop stuff but he truly doesn't give a shit about it. If Dan's SHINee fanboying didn't convert him, I don't think he'll ever get with it. :lol:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

Probably never going to rewatch, but it was short and fun so you won't hear any complaints from me. I don't know why he didn't push the laptop screen back while drawing with his nose so that he could actually see what he was doing, it just seemed like an extra challenge :lol: I would never be able to draw with my nose on a trackpad tho, it's a cute little button so my forehead would be right up on the keyboard.

I wasn't 100% engaged the whole time so I ended up drawing along using the same restrictions (does anyone else ever do that? like with that slippers tweet Dan posted, I was hopping around trying to make the same pose; idk I get distracted easily) they suck but not as bad as his lol, you could probably guess who's who
Also I think it's high time I check out BTS too, I keep hearing so much but honestly I don't have time for another obsession :lol:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

whelpkeeper wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:43 pm I wasn't 100% engaged the whole time so I ended up drawing along using the same restrictions (does anyone else ever do that? like with that slippers tweet Dan posted, I was hopping around trying to make the same pose; idk I get distracted easily) they suck but not as bad as his lol, you could probably guess who's who
This made me kind of want to go rewatch the video and draw along, might go do that now :lol:
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

oof, i think if phil had given the drawings some genuine effort i'd have been really into this idea! it'd have been interesting to see phil actually try to draw these people or at least give himself a little bit more time? a ten or thirty second drawing is funny once, but it's not as if he took much more time for the others. (shrug emoji) to me it lost the appeal somewhere halfway through like this.
thank's you were great