Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

This just reminded me of some of PJ’s videos where he turns his subscribers into superheroes (with no hinderences) plus Quick Draw and what not, all of which are more entertaining, but this was a short and sweet acknowledgement of a milestone and probably the least yet the most sketchy thing he could have done with people’s selfies.

I was hoping for something a bit more “seasonal”/holiday thematic, which realistically I knew I shouldn’t expect at all. But yay for the pink shirt (interested to know what it’s from) and red beret. Feet drawing should not be followed by nose drawing though.

I also noticed tthat he piranha plant bouquet was not in the background of this one, which is a bit curious as I’m sure it’s the AP vid closest to Valentine’s Day this year. Perhaps they are actually being enjoyed/appreciate elsewhere. :love1:

Inappropriate side note: when my husband asked what I wanted to watch tonight, I answered AmazingPhil and Big Bang and he came back with “I didn’t ask what Dan was doing tonight” ;)
karma_yeah
philussy

I feel bad about it, but this video just left me kind of -- meh? It wasn't bad It was very light-hearted and he seems to be relaxed and in a great mood and all, but it just didn't "grab" me.

Happy to have content though :ribena:
Last edited by alittledizzy on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed formatting code
What goes around, comes around Image
Ablissa
pastel persona

This video was okay, but not outstanding. Like a filler episode of a long-running tv show. I was happy to see his face, he looked cute in that jumper, it was nice of him to acknowledge the age of his channel and involve his subscribers somehow. But it all fell flat, at least to me.

I'm being a bit delusional and dreaming of Valentine's baking thanks to some posts on tumblr. It's not going to happen, but I WANT it to happen. :rofl:
kavat
pastel persona

I agree with most of you, it was a bit bland but so are a lot of his videos to me, I'm sorry. I must say his hair looked good though, a bit messier than normal I think. #hidephilsstraighteners2k18
Ablissa wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:08 am
I'm being a bit delusional and dreaming of Valentine's baking thanks to some posts on tumblr. It's not going to happen, but I WANT it to happen. :rofl:
Oh no, now you have me thinking about a Valentine's baking vid on dinof. That could be so good.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

The most interesting part about that video was the µtorrent icon in Phil's taskbar. I am sure they are just using torrents as an efficient way to share very legal files with one another, as we all do :sideeye:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Good to see they're keeping their Shrove Tuesday pancake tradition alive! (Although what happened to dropping those placentas and letting the real you shine, Daniel?)
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
liola
rankussy

Phil's video was okay, nothing outstanding. I think the best part for me was Phil losing control for one second and kicking his laptop in frustration when he was drawing with his foot lol

I've been dreaming of a vday baking video too but somehow doubt it, even though Dan is due a video soon.. Dan, if you really want to give people what they want: this. This is what we want.

And now I want pancakes because of his tweet and I cant because I'm sick damn
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Dan's ability to write tweets that I just can't comprehend until I've read them at least five times frustrates me immensely. I know that my English skills aren't bad, but it's upsetting how one loud rat boi manages to almost beat them time after time.
dancy
procrastinator

I agree with most of the opinions here, the video was cute but nothing special. Dan's tweet was cute too :) (well, the fact that they're celebrating Pancake Day, not the placenta part).

Mh, I've had quite a busy week, I could really use a live show today. Yeah yeah I know, another post about missing live shows but I really looked forward to them every week and it was the only thing they had a regular schedule for. They did occasionally miss some weeks because of whatever circumstances but I was always cool with that since they would usually let us know beforehand or we could figure out what they were doing. Not knowing when they're doing live shows next makes me feel a bit anxious and while I don’t actually expect them every week anymore, I do find myself often hoping they'll do one.

I know some people have said that less frequent live shows are better because that way D&P are going to have more to talk about when they do one but I liked live shows regardless or whether they had experienced a lot to discuss. I also don’t like the idea of them talking "at their webcam" instead of with their audience and just summing up their highlights of the last few weeks. I'm not going to demand they do more or get angry or anything because I'm not entitled to their time like that and I understand that they're busy/don't feel like doing them on a weekly basis anymore. Whatever, I'll get used to it but for now it just kinda sucks (for me at least, I can't speak for anyone else) and I miss their faces.
autumnhearth
senpai

onceinaugust wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:36 am Good to see they're keeping their Shrove Tuesday pancake tradition alive! (Although what happened to dropping those placentas and letting the real you shine, Daniel?)
But... you could use one of those squeeze bottles to make lacy heart shaped pancakes... like on Bake Off, and then you know... film and upload it. Please.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

onceinaugust wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:36 am
LOL. Says the guy that had them delivered last year. :roll:
somethingsketchy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:18 pm Dan's ability to write tweets that I just can't comprehend until I've read them at least five times frustrates me immensely. I know that my English skills aren't bad, but it's upsetting how one loud rat boi manages to almost beat them time after time.
I like to think I'm a native speaker, but he definitely challenges that. I'm cool with no capitalization, but god forbid he sprinkle in a bit of punctuation.
phandoe
placenta
Pronouns: he/him

i want to finally involve myself in these threads instead of lurking all the time lol. so hi everyone! sorry for creeping on yall for the last year maybe? idk how long its been tbh.
anyway i liked phil's video because well i like everything phil does lol. but i wish the vid was longer and something about it seemed empty-ish? idk. i've been watching a lot of pj's art vids so i guess i was bothered by the lack of colours bc the background seemed bland to me? idk if that makes sense lol. im in love with his jumper though.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

phandoe wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:37 pm i want to finally involve myself in these threads instead of lurking all the time lol. so hi everyone! sorry for creeping on yall for the last year maybe? idk how long its been tbh.
anyway i liked phil's video because well i like everything phil does lol. but i wish the vid was longer and something about it seemed empty-ish? idk. i've been watching a lot of pj's art vids so i guess i was bothered by the lack of colours bc the background seemed bland to me? idk if that makes sense lol. im in love with his jumper though.
I actually think there could have been a few ways Phil could have made the video a lot better. Tbh I would have loved for Phil to do a "sip tea and try to really draw while rambling at us" style of vid, though that's just not very... Phil. But he could have maybe done a multi-segment video? He could have brought back his drawing game from his liveshows and used the spinny wheel concept to determine what the final drawing was. Or he could have done some drawings on the trackpad as a challenge, and some on the ipad, and some with actual like... crayons or something. Basically I think the fact that he started out at a disadvantage (trackpad) and gave himself even more disadvantages that were all along the same line (body part or time trial) got really old after seeing one example of each. It was a seven minute video that felt like it lasted twice that, and not in the good way, to me.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

ahhh, what do you think the odds are that they actually do a Valentine's Day baking video with pancakes? I would die pls boys, do it for us this is the content we crave
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I was just scrolling through their gaming channel and noticed that their days of having every video hit 1M are long gone, aren't they? :(

On a lighter note:
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:32 pm This is definitely one of those gifsets that just makes it so obvious how good 2017 was for them and their comfort levels.
That got me thinking about the phandom reactions too, I barely see any freaking out when they touch anymore, of course people comment about thinking it was cute and gif it and more but the whole freaking out thing that used to happen seems like a distant reality and tbh I really love that we're at this point :D
phandoe
placenta

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 pm
phandoe wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:37 pm
i want to finally involve myself in these threads instead of lurking all the time lol. so hi everyone! sorry for creeping on yall for the last year maybe? idk how long its been tbh.
I actually think there could have been a few ways Phil could have made the video a lot better. Tbh I would have loved for Phil to do a "sip tea and try to really draw while rambling at us" style of vid, though that's just not very... Phil. But he could have maybe done a multi-segment video? He could have brought back his drawing game from his liveshows and used the spinny wheel concept to determine what the final drawing was. Or he could have done some drawings on the trackpad as a challenge, and some on the ipad, and some with actual like... crayons or something. Basically I think the fact that he started out at a disadvantage (trackpad) and gave himself even more disadvantages that were all along the same line (body part or time trial) got really old after seeing one example of each. It was a seven minute video that felt like it lasted twice that, and not in the good way, to me.
yeah i agree with you there. i think i would have preferred him drawing with coloured pencils/crayons/markers. im not a huge fan of digital art tbh but that's just a personal preference. i think him drawing and also doing a q&a type thing would have been really nice or even just him talking about what's going on and tour planning since that could've been another way to #spon the tour.

p.s. sorry if the formatting is off idk if im doing the quoting and spoiler thing right oops.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LurkingTrash wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:08 pm I was just scrolling through their gaming channel and noticed that their days of having every video hit 1M are long gone, aren't they? :(
I think probably so, though I do think it's important to keep in mind that this isn't a case of Dan and Phil's popularity falling for reasons central to them/their content... they're being hit with the same algorithm fuckery that is bringing other massive channels down to their knees right now too. Notifications don't work how they used to, trending doesn't work how it used to, recommended videos don't work how they used to... it's generally just way way harder now for a youtuber, even a big youtuber, to get their videos out in such a way that it attracts new viewers. Alfie daily vlogs and gets consistently under half a million viewers per video, even Zoe with her twelve million subscribers on her main channel pulls in barely over a million per video. She's got the kind of videos that she needs people to be sharing and raving about, because being a consumer influencer is her whole schtick. If no one is watching her tell people what to buy, then she's gonna rake in less and less mone from advertisers banking on her name.

(And just as a tangent, it's kind of interesting/alarming how the difficulty now of getting seen on the platform means that there are no hot new youtubers on the British scene who are sliding into those high view count slots. Dan and Phil are, I would wager, still comparably doing exceptionally well... which feels wrong, and like something that will inherently be part of the downfall of youtube. It would be a sign of better health for the platform if Dan and Phil's lowered view counts happened as a natural cycle because newer, more popular youtubers were coming onto the scene. Though the American youtube scene seems to be fairing slightly better, the type of newer popular youtubers aren't really in the same genre as the ones they're replacing? Idk. I've just been doing a lot of introspective reading about youtube lately.)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I can't quite pinpoint what it is, but I really love Dan doing things like this. He makes a lovely TV host. :')
so_cheesy
butt chair

Sorry if it was already posted but Did Phil change the thumbnail of the video? I swear it was different yesterday.
phillyforgot
butt chair

Enjoyed the latest Phil viddy. Watching him try to draw his subscribers made me smile and it was a relatively relaxing thing to do.

Although, I looked up all the people he drew to see their reactions. I'm so happy for them.
pilotlight
#relatable

somethingsketchy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:18 pm Dan's ability to write tweets that I just can't comprehend until I've read them at least five times frustrates me immensely. I know that my English skills aren't bad, but it's upsetting how one loud rat boi manages to almost beat them time after time.
I hardly ever get what he's saying on the first read through. :lol:
Shibi
squish

rizzo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:44 pm

I can't quite pinpoint what it is, but I really love Dan doing things like this. He makes a lovely TV host. :')
I really love him in it as well, he's great for this host/documentary kind of things. Thought the same thing when he did the gaming documentary for BBC. I'd really love to see him doing that kind of thing in the future (possible way out for when the whole YT thing is going down completely?)
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

so_cheesy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:01 pm Sorry if it was already posted but Did Phil change the thumbnail of the video? I swear it was different yesterday.
Yeah, he has! He was holding a Sharpie in the original, which was a bit weird when he drew on the trackpad. Now he just looks oddly squashed and stretched getting his head and foot into the frame.
autumnhearth
senpai

I love seeing that little StopSpeakSupport video with Dan. It warms my heart and feels more tangible than the photos and shakey seconds long clips did.

Why am I so amused that Phil replied to himself on Twitter with one extra stack of pancakes?

I would love a baking video (that’s a nice big kitchen boys, you should use it) but I’m definitely not getting my hopes up. I don’t think it would be pancakes though. Been there done that.

Fun fact: when searching for ‘phanart, pancakes’ on a Tumblr, there is so much Sims art. Cause ya know the Pancakes.

Happy :pancakes: Day!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I wouldn't be mad if Dan decided to get his main channel video over with quickly and posted a pancake-making throwback with Phil.

Just putting that out there, boys. Just.... putting that out there. :glasses: