Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Phil’s extra pancake reply to himself is too cute
snokoplasmic
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

Phil changed the name of his video from Attempting to Draw my Viewers! to Drawing my Viewers Challenge!
.....which I only know because I got an email from YouTube telling me that AmazingPhil has uploaded a video......only about.....20 hours late or so......thanks, YT! :sideeye:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

snokoplasmic wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 pm Phil changed the name of his video from Attempting to Draw my Viewers! to Drawing my Viewers Challenge!
.....which I only know because I got an email from YouTube telling me that AmazingPhil has uploaded a video......only about.....20 hours late or so......thanks, YT! :sideeye:
I still haven't gotten an email at all on my main email account, though my spam account (which yes shut up is also subscribed to phil. and only phil.) did get an email notification.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Sometimes I'm really pleased at the things Dan and Phil choose to like on twitter. For example, today Dan liked this:
And a couple days ago Phil liked this:
neetbuzzer
delia smith
Pronouns: he/him/tired

Hey so I know people are moving on, but I just wanted to say I think it's so cool that so many of us have actually tried/returned to games that deppy have played! I know there are lots of reasons to watch gaming channels but for some reason it makes me happy that people are actually being exposed to accessible/fun games and playing them. Like, I watch other people play Bloodborne and shit bc there is no way I can play it (console locks are THE WORST), but... yeah. I also appreciate that even though Dan is something of a screamer
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
it's not mindless screaming to ~be funny~ or whatever. It's probably satisfying to know that in addition to the Phan Phactor, people are trying out things that maybe they wouldn't, otherwise.

Honestly the way they talk about games (Dan especially), I'm kind of surprised they didn't try a gaming channel sooner, or fully segue into one in Dan's case. I mean, I'm glad they keep their shit compartmentalized but it's interesting to 'what if' that scenario. There's probably fic about it lmao, I should just peep that.

I realize this is an odd thing to get warm fuzzies over but w/e that's my past 1AM should be sleeping truth, okay
^tl;dr Spon game 2 strong. Also I downloaded Nikki and can't. stop. playing it. wtf :help:

and now to catch up with the last 3 pages and Phil's video! haha. also there's probs typos everywhere, sorry y'all
ImageImage
no one would talk to you on fur affinity
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Those twitter likes are sweet, I wonder if the talent show organisers chose those two charities on purpose or just coincidence.

The Peanuts art is so cute. It’s funny especially since she says she doesn’t know it well, I wonder if she really drew it in context of those characters or more for the piano connection. I haven’t seen or read loads, but I know Lucy (who Phil’s in place of) has a huge crush on Schroeder the pianist who keeps to himself and tries to ignore her, literally keeping his head down and playing lots of Beethoven.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

^ thank you for that background context, I know nothing about Peanuts.
makes the like even sweeter! now i feel mushyyy

i'm gonna get up the courage to watch that clip of dan speaking next to prince william, i just have to psyche myself up. is anyone else like that? def a second-hand embarrassment thing via my social anxiety. sometimes it takes me months, it's ridiculous. such a shame, because I love dan's confidence when hosting things, it brings out his strengths.
art in avatar by lily
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

mermaid blood wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:26 am i'm gonna get up the courage to watch that clip of dan speaking next to prince william, i just have to psyche myself up. is anyone else like that? def a second-hand embarrassment thing via my social anxiety. sometimes it takes me months, it's ridiculous. such a shame, because I love dan's confidence when hosting things, it brings out his strengths.
I'm like that!! I'm fine with subtitled gifs of Dan and/or Phil public speaking, but I can not for the life of me watch the actual videos. Not because I don't support them, or think what they're doing is wonderful (especially regarding something like Dan speaking about mental health), I just get such bad secondhand embarrassment regarding people I care about in any way speaking live in some sort of professional manner. I can't actually watch the video of Phil winning his best creator bonca, even though I've reblogged gifs of it probably like 30 times. And I will probably never be able to watch tatinof. I wish I wasn't like this tbh, I'm sure there's so much content I'm missing out on, but until I get over myself I guess I'm stuck with gifs lmao.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

oh thank god i'm not alone!

did you see tatinof in person? for me it's very specific; it's stuff where they're live with other people, and it's not their project. when they're in control/it's their 'thing', i'm not as bad.
one thing i forced myself through with less of a wait was the Sue Perkins interview, and I'm glad I did. that was fantastic and I enjoyed being able to participate in the conversation as it was happening in real time. the good thing though about forums and fandoms, is you can usually bring up things from a long time ago and there's someone who'll want to discuss with you.
art in avatar by lily
greenergrass
stress mushroom

So I had a dream last night that Phil uploaded an AP video where he drunkenly recreated Dan's first video. Dream me didn't even get to watch this masterpiece though - I read about it on idb and then woke up.

Phil, if you're out there and need any video ideas, feel free to steal this one...
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Happy Valentine's Day, IDB! :love2:

Guesses on what D&P's romantic date is today?

I'm going ritzy: private table, sushi, funky cocktails, and a view of London.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

mermaid blood wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:26 am ^ thank you for that background context, I know nothing about Peanuts.
It makes me laugh especially imagining Phil being anywhere near as pushy and annoying as Lucy. I just got reading more about it, turns out Schroeder wants to stay a bachelor because Beethoven was and sometimes humours her. Then, nothing to do with that, just the pianos, I was reminded of these clips

14 seconds in -

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

mermaid blood wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:26 am ^ thank you for that background context, I know nothing about Peanuts.

i'm gonna get up the courage to watch that clip of dan speaking next to prince william, i just have to psyche myself up. is anyone else like that? def a second-hand embarrassment thing via my social anxiety. sometimes it takes me months, it's ridiculous. such a shame, because I love dan's confidence when hosting things, it brings out his strengths.
I'm the same, for example he sweet BONCAS (rip) moment took me a few days to watch. Even now I still cringe a bit. tbh I usually don't bother and would rather read a transcript or look at gifs like captainspacecoat said.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:45 pm

I'm the same, for example he sweet BONCAS (rip) moment took me a few days to watch. Even now I still cringe a bit. tbh I usually don't bother and would rather read a transcript or look at gifs like captainspacecoat said.
I was kind of surprised to realize Dan wasn't actually there as a speaker. I mean, he spoke to the classes, but on stage I get the impression he was more just there as the decoy/to introduce the prince and Professor Green?

But he does seem kind of nervous. It pinged my secondhand embarrassment squick slightly. He's a good speaker, compared to Phil especially, but he's still visibly and audibly nervous at times. He gets in the zone when he's doing presentation-type speaking, but doesn't really manage to hit a conversational level of comfort when addressing big groups of people.
malday
emo goose

Phil is such a troll. :lol:

[edit] most importantly:
autumnhearth
senpai

I agree that a beautiful redhead's birthday and the promise pancakes are better than the main holiday. Though I have to admit I'm loving the art and fics. :love1:

Speaking of trolls... what is with all the spam comments on that tweet? Obviously fake accounts, but just from scrolling on my phone I could barely tell. And they show up right at the top. :|
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Today in Things Dan Liked on Twitter news... how very meta.
and just for posterity:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

lmao wow
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Damn, now I'm jealous of Robert Downey Jr :roll: Dan has just won today's prize for cheekiest git with that tweet (every time I think one of them has it, the other comes along and snatches it)
Last edited by flarequake on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:17 pm lmao wow
I'm impressed that he managed to tweet something without mentioning death or soullessness. I actually laughed at this tweet.
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:15 pm Today in Things Dan Liked on Twitter news... how very meta.
and just for posterity:
imagine the collective heart attack if they ever decided to pose for a pic like that lmao

also his tweet..i'm surprised he even mentioned tbh They've both been active today.. can I hope for a gaming video? Something? I would if I was them, give the phandom something to latch on instead of the usual.. i can only hope
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:17 pm lmao wow
That's amazing. How very Dan. Here I was thinking his tweet was actually nice and wholesome but nope not at all. Here we go. Like others said I actually LOL'ed at this.

I just liked the RDJ tweet thinking of ph*n ironically liking this and there goes Dan again. He is on a roll today.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

a somewhat ambiguous valentines day tweet from dan, not implying that he is alone. maybe him and phil are hosting a board game night with some friends!
naked twister <3
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I love how Dan always avoids saying how he's alone, just how other people are. that's our dan, keeping it ambiguous
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

There's a new video in my sub box about self love journaling, but now it definitely does not make me think about what the creator intended. Thanks for ruining this for me, Dan. :lol: