Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
papierklemmen
flower crown

ratlad wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:14 pm I'm very curious as to why people are anti's? I'm not trying to be rude, but... c'mon haha
if d&p were a straight couple, nobody would question if they were dating or not given what their history is and what they do together these days... i just have a lot to say and a lot of questions but idk if this is the right time.
:tu: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=193
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

ratlad wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:14 pm I'm very curious as to why people are anti's? I'm not trying to be rude, but... c'mon haha
if d&p were a straight couple, nobody would question if they were dating or not given what their history is and what they do together these days... i just have a lot to say and a lot of questions but idk if this is the right time.
Under a spoiler bc I don't want this to turn into a big discussion yet again but I can't not explain:
I've said this again and again and I'm getting tired of it but miss me with the "if they were a straight couple" argument. I'm a queer person. Many non-shippers and even antis are also lgbtq people. This isn't homophobia or whatever for people like me and I just really hate the insinuation of it that we're constantly faced with in the phandom. I used to be anti because I just didn't see it and I didn't wanna assume anything they hadn't confirmed. I consider myself agnostic now based on recent events but I still don't wanna assume they're together when they haven't said they are. That's just how I deal with it, I don't judge anyone who thinks otherwise so I don't get why people keep judging me (and other non-shippers) this way. If they were a straight couple this would be exactly the same for me. I still wouldn't want to assume anything they hadn't confirmed. I love the idea of them together and I'd be genuinely happy if it turned out they actually are, I just don't ship it. It's fine if you do, I'm happy the idea of them together brings you joy too but can't we all just accept that not everybody sees it and it's not always homophobia or heteronormativity or something like that at play, sometimes that's just the way it is. Sorry for this outburst but I'm just so sick of this argument. I just wanna stan them in peace without people accusing me of homophobia or a heteronormative worldview for how I see their relationship at this moment in time.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

they have matching fanart twitter headers!! :love2: :love2:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Hi ratlad (I like the name). If you want to hear some more reasoning about why people are "anti's" (i don't like that name though, i'm not "anti" them being a couple in any way, i'm just not convinced that they are one) check out the "If you don't ship them ...." thread that's on this forum. Not everyone who doesn't think they are a couple is equally sure about it, or vocal about it, or do so for the same reasons. The same holds true for people who do believe they are a romantic couple.
Also i completely agree with Katka i'm lgbtq myself and for me their sexual orientation doesn't factor in at all in why I don't think they are a couple.

After reading a question on twitter i just wanted to clarify a bit of my last statement (It's a pitty you can't edit posts after 15 mins on this forum)

"The famous youtuber Dani Snot On Fire is rumored to have a brother who might be dating material but he's gotta be a priest or something (ok more like a high priest of Death Metal ;) ) Sadly he gets invited to none of the birthdays if social media is anything to go on, and should have died a couple of years ago after a short but explosive tumblr carreer :)"
-> I don't bear any ill will towards Dan's brother. And luckely as far as i know he's in good health. This is a joke about how in the eye of the public, not being active on social media can be as if you "don't exist" or are dead. Frequently i read stuff like "Is Dan/ Phil dead" if they just don't post and tweet for a while, which i always find a funny dramatization :)
If i were a native English speaker, a more accurate phrasing would be "....may as well have died for all we've seen of him"
But i'm just posting on a forum about two people i love and not writing an academic essay, so I do try to sprinkle in some humor in what i write. It is at your discretion if you feel entertained or offended :lol: ;)

Anyway.. so who thinks we might be getting a Dinof soon? Maybe it depends on just how much cocktails they drank with Martyn and Cornelia :shrug: ?
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
alien
procrastinator

Ablissa wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:20 am

Nothing special, just a casual double date for Valentines Queen Cornelia's birthday. :ribena:
:love2: so cute :love2:

I love the four of them and I love getting even just a tiny glimpse of them spending a fancy lunch together yesterday.
BluntyMe
tol bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Stakhanov wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:55 pm
Anyway.. so who thinks we might be getting a Dinof soon? Maybe it depends on just how much cocktails they drank with Martyn and Cornelia :shrug: ?
I think, wish and hope for DINOF content!!! It's been a hot Howell minute (meaning over a Month in mortal time) since he uploaded something..... :waiting:
But, no matter how many Gods I'm praying to, I'm feeling we might get a DAPG before a DINOF.

Man, I miss DH livestreams..... :sobs:
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

coming back after my exams for the best tweet ever omg we got a quiff, we got a dog, we got some glasses .... thank u phil :stan:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I love everything about these photos. Everything.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

AroboticPhil wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:10 pm coming back after my exams for the best tweet ever omg we got a quiff, we got a dog, we got some glasses .... thank u phil :stan:
Just what I was gonna say! And that shelf full of cute things in their flat.

Phil just turned me into a wreck. I nominate this for best tweet of 2018 to date. :happytears:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Holy shit, this is already better content than his last video.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

THE QUIFF
THE GLASSES
me right now:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
dancy
procrastinator

God, what a man <3 I'm going to die the day they actually get a dog themselves!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

why does all the good shit always happen when i'm at work?? i don't have time to be emotional right now lmao
Philena
blobfish

:dead: :dead: :dead:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I love how my reaction to this tweet wasn't 'awww' (that came after), it was "lol, can't wait to read people trashing about this on IDB" :lol:

but yes! Quiff! Glasses! Dog! Bookshelf!
:happytears:
quercussp
living flop

my chest hurts from how pretty phil is <3 <3 <3
DatCog
blobfish

Quiff, specs and cute dog...the holy trinity! Please keep all of them Phil :please:
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

now that i've recovered from the initial shock of this tweet :love2: :love2: :
whose dog is that ? is phil doing a liveshow tonight to tell us about it ? hoping for a joint because i feel like we haven't had any from both of them in weeks but they're also due a gaming video any day now....

i'm also always on board for the moving theories but looking at that shelf it's probably not happening right now( as some people might have suggested with the ddr thing being gone) imo
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Ugh, everything works here- the quiff, the natural face, the glasses, the dog. Especially the dog. Is that the same Boston terrier from June in their calendar? I'm not at home and can't check.
Last edited by onceinaugust on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Omg, those pictures are everything. The glasses + quiff combo and my fav dog breed? I’m fucking deceased! Dead. I had to excuse myself at work because I actually teared up looking at those pictures, I love them so much and it is embarrassing. Omg.

:happytears:
Last edited by Ewok on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth
senpai

Aww I wonder who Frank’s human is. Yes quiff and glasses, but nobody has mentioned the stubble. Trifecta of perfection. :philtrash:
(Oh thank goodness I’m not longer a :dildo: )
Loafer
sofa crease

Keep!!! The!!!! Quiff!!! Please Phil I’m begging you p l e a s e
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:29 pm Aww I wonder who Frank’s human is. Yes quiff and glasses, but nobody has mentioned the stubble. Trifecta of perfection. :philtrash:
(Oh thank goodness I’m not longer a :dildo: )
An anon on tumblr just sent me an ask saying that dog showed up on Lauren's instagram when she was in London most recently. Since Lauren works with IRL, I'm guessing the dog must belong to someone on the merch or management team.
autumnhearth
senpai

Cool thanks! That makes sense as Dan had said in a ls that Martyn knows so many people with dogs, then questioned why he didn’t have friends with dogs. Glad to see they are making adjustments to improve their quality of life. I just watched the dog calendar video and it looks to me like they have different facial markings, particularly where the black meets the mouth. What am I doing with my life?