Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
malday
emo goose

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:55 pm Oh! And I’m glad Dan is now referring to Phil as tasting too sweet and not like spoiled milk insert inappropriate joke about eating more tropical fruits here.
From the way Phil reacted in the TB video, he must've gotten a good scolding about it :lol: after that video he started saying Phil tastes like marshmallows.

I keep repeating myself, but their good mood really makes their videos. The whole thing flowed so easily and they were talkative and bubbly and it was contagious. :thanks:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

@autumnhearth
Yes i was surprised by his choice too. And thought it was funny he kind of closed and moved on saying "hah they didn't think far enough"
Because, while I share his idea that science would probs in a couple of hundred year max be able to free him from his mortal, raisin shell, he didn't take time in the vid to explore what it would mean to.. truly be immortal.
For billions of years.
Untill the earth gets scorched by the sun in billions of years
Untill the sun runs out of fuel and by it's death creates a new stellar nursery for billions more of years...
Untill all the light elements of the galaxy are expended and no new start formation is possible, many billions of years later...
Untill the ever expanding space pushes everything outside the dying remnants of our galaxy away from our observation horizon...
Untill the heath death of the univers 10^30 years later breaks down the molecular bonds..
Untill you are a cosmic conscience, floating alone in space... forever.
True immortality is the most horrifying thing you could wish upon a living creature. Is that what you really want Dan xD?
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Haven't finished the video yet, but just came to comment that the whole My Humps section made my day. I, too, used to love that verse and remember all the words (of the whole song, but especially that part), so that definitely amused me. Especially how Dan wanted to show off that he remembered, and Phil listening to intently. I also felt vaguely intrusive watching them stare at each other while Dan sang that verse.

Other things to comment on while I'm here before finishing the rest of the video: I loved Phil talking about how anxious he gets imagining the worst case scenario in situations. I wonder if he sees a therapist about his anxiety, and just life in general. I mentioned this briefly in Joe Sugg's thread last night, but it's so common for youtubers to have therapists and a lot of them are talking openly about it these days. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Phil talked to a therapist. I wonder if he would ever mention it, if he in fact does.

Also, the whole money part with Phil. Everyone always likes to talk about how Phil is frugal (yes, there's the capitalester thing, but that's more about making the money than spending it), and how Dan is the one who buys frivolous things. I think Dan's reaction to that question just proved that Phil isn't so cheap with his money and likes to splurge on stuff for himself a lot.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Those dog selfies, n'awww. :undertaledog:

I really liked the video! The bit about Phil and his intrusive thoughts was quite relatable, the singing was great and of course the superhero talk. I agree that it seemed like Dan wanted Phil to say Captain America because he really wanted to be Bucky. :lol: I was surprised I liked this video so much actually because I really didn't like the last button video. This one seemed more fun somehow. But the image of Dan photoshopped to have oak arms and seagull legs is gonna haunt my dreams, thanks, guys...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I can't believe I forgot to talk about the Jupiter Ascending reference - I feel like that fanservice was aimed directly at me. And it worked, good job, 10/10 will watch again, take my money, etc.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

also want to add that phil's reaction at 12:24 was the cutest thing. I love how fondly exasperated he is with dan in that moment. I feel like it was a reaction we haven't quite seen from phil before. I don't really know how to explain it, but it seemed like such a genuine mix of being annoyed yet amused at the same time, and he didn't hold back that reaction at all
Stakhanov
haru pillow

I've just got hellish visions now of Phil holding Dan instead of a Corgi and being licked by a demon with Seagull legs/ bodybuilder arms ...
hello9217
flower crown

I swear every video that not only has been posted on dnp games but also their main channels has not hit my sub box when it's uploaded. It will sometimes show up a day or two late. If I didn't follow them on twitter/tumblr I probably would rarely watch their videos because I wouldn't even see that they uploaded.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello9217 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:47 pm I swear every video that not only has been posted on dnp games but also their main channels has not hit my sub box when it's uploaded. It will sometimes show up a day or two late. If I didn't follow them on twitter/tumblr I probably would rarely watch their videos because I wouldn't even see that they uploaded.
Yep, this seems increasingly common. They should probably start stressing even harder for people to turn on notifications, because those aren't reliable either but at least by being subscribed and having notifications on you're doubling your odds that you might know when they upload. (I mean, I guess not super relevant for anyone dedicated enough to be here, but their casual non-social-media-following viewers could use the tip.)
autumnhearth
senpai

Yeah I get an alert, but for the last two gaming videos they were not visible in my subscriptions, nor when I went to the channel (this is on the PS4 app) in the first hour or so. Last time I was frustrated and just followed a link on my iPad, today I searched for it in app and it was there. But I imagine a casual viewer would not go to the trouble.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

whatdoiknow wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:41 pm also want to add that phil's reaction at 12:24 was the cutest thing. I love how fondly exasperated he is with dan in that moment. I feel like it was a reaction we haven't quite seen from phil before. I don't really know how to explain it, but it seemed like such a genuine mix of being annoyed yet amused at the same time, and he didn't hold back that reaction at all
Dan wouldn't let him talk but it was ok bc Dan was so far gone it wasn't even worth getting a word in his weird ass tangent. Loved that.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

just..... trying to process the vid..............
i get overwhelmed with joy and happiness, even more since their first vid this year. i have so many good feelings and I've just been generally happier lately. i really love these boys.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

dan insinuating that it would be incest for them to be thor and loki kina reminds me of that liveshow when someone asked if him and phil were brothers and dan gave a look like "i hope the hell not" and said something along the lines of "I'm sure there are people who are into that..."
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

me opening up yt: oh no not another would you press the button vid

me closing the tab: literally take all of my money, this was peak comedy, i love my faves daniel and phil, (500 word paragraph wax poetic with an overuse of the phrase "radiating warmth"), (800 word paragraph analysing the improvement of my own mood after watching this),
thank's you were great
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Gaming? Nah. Great fucking content? Hell yes. And that's all I'm here for. :ribena:

Commentary:

- Millions of people? Sweetie where? They ain't on DAPG atm.
- I don't think that Phil's interpretation is what the game meant, but it's a really solid loophole.
- Dan wouldn't eat Phil 'cuase he'd be too sugary. What happened to the spoiled milk?
- No wonder Phil seems so robotic at times, Dan bullies all the human aspects of life like having an itchy nose out of him.
- "But if you're not eating a burger on a sofa, then is there any point in watching Game Of Thrones?" Translation: HDU CANCEL OUR DATE NIGHTS?? :evil:
- It's okay Dan, I was depressed over the bird falling in love with the concrete bird for a solid day as well.
- Phil is not here for that secret agent!Dan AU y'all started writing 10 seconds ago.
- There's anxiety thinking and then there's whatever level 100 shit Phil does.
- Ok which one of you snuck into the D&P flat and hid a camera but forgot to hide the blue cable? And how much do you want for the footage?
- DAN DRAGGED CAPITA£ESTER TO FILTH. I AM DECEASED. :rofl:
- Phil's My Humps remix... Dan is right I really didn't ask for that.
- Dan doing the will.i.am. part... is even worse. I'm absolutely living for the full spectrum of emotions Phil goes through during that part though.
- I hate that I now know that some dumbass Christian version of My Humps exists. I really do.
- Me: *spends a good 10 minutes replaying D&P play fighting over and over again* That little teasing oooooooooow sound Dan makes always gets me. :loveeyes:
- Phil trolling Dan about the sound barrier again.
- The Weird Shit Phil Gets Up To In His Spare Time (At Night)
- "You could make a lot of money with that." Capita£ester just got called out, yet here he is again. Shameless. :thumb:
- Depending on who you ask, Phil is already a God.
- Ah, so that's why Dan was so insistent on Phil being Captain America. Cute.
- I like how Dan said at beginning that us mortals wouldn't be judged for our answers like they are, yet here he is judging others :')

I love this video so much it's my belated Valentine. :love2:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

new video was surprisingly so hilarious that i actually laughed out loud several times. like, what even were those bits where they got distracted and started singing or looking out the window or getting into a bizarre debate. i so badly want to be able to listen in on their conversations unobserved (not in a creepy way, just in a 'fly on the wall' kind of way). the exposing of capitalLester (how tf do you get a pound sign on an american-style keyboard??), thinking about living forever, actually hitting each other, the clickbaity title actually leading to one of the funniest parts in the video ... there are too many gems to name!

in other news, dan liked this on twitter, which i found funny:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Catallena wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:20 am - It's okay Dan, I was depressed over the bird falling in love with the concrete bird for a solid day as well.
I teared up just listening to the story in the video, so I feel Dan (and you)
- There's anxiety thinking and then there's whatever level 100 shit Phil does.
I feel personally attacked right now (j/k) But really, Phil is very relatable in that moment
- Ok which one of you snuck into the D&P flat and hid a camera but forgot to hide the blue cable? And how much do you want for the footage?
this made me laugh. your commentary is always hilarious. (but also yes, who wants to drop a link to that footage?)
- Phil trolling Dan about the sound barrier again.
This is one of my favourite recurring jokes of theirs. how long has this been going on for?
- The Weird Shit Phil Gets Up To In His Spare Time (At Night)
who's gonna write the fic?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Susannah wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:29 am (how tf do you get a pound sign on an american-style keyboard??)
In order to keep my own joke alive I search 'pound sign' on Google and then copy paste the damn thing into my posts. :thumb:

@whatdoiknow aww thank you for appreciating my silly attempts at being funny :platonic:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
scientia
phabergé

whatdoiknow wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:41 pm also want to add that phil's reaction at 12:24 was the cutest thing. I love how fondly exasperated he is with dan in that moment. I feel like it was a reaction we haven't quite seen from phil before. I don't really know how to explain it, but it seemed like such a genuine mix of being annoyed yet amused at the same time, and he didn't hold back that reaction at all
YES I agree! We so rarely see Phil being fondly over Dan’s bants! I also don’t think I’ve really seen him react like that over other things either, I loved it.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

lurker wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:05 am me opening up yt: oh no not another would you press the button vid

me closing the tab: literally take all of my money, this was peak comedy, i love my faves daniel and phil, (500 word paragraph wax poetic with an overuse of the phrase "radiating warmth"), (800 word paragraph analysing the improvement of my own mood after watching this),
lmao I feel this in the depths of my soul, this video was so good!! I infinitely preferred it to the first 'Would You Press The Button' video that they did during gamingmas 2016, and I think it was largely because they were both in such a good mood, Dan especially. It really was just like they were chatting away naturally, getting distracted and going on tangents, flirting and teasing each other so comfortably.. 10/10 content.

Dan singing the verse from My Humps was hilarious (and his intense eye contact at Phil while singing it, lmao), Phil's relatable ABBA moment that he just had to release (very me), also Phil's catastrophising worst-case-scenario thoughts (also very me, I do this all the time), and Dan crying when Phil told him the concrete bird story (again, very very me).

Also Dan was so keen on getting Phil to pick Captain America as his favourite superhero, he is not subtle at all. And Dan shutting down the possibility of them being Loki and Thor because that would be incest.. shipping. Amazing. Also I love that Dan is fully aware of Phil's capitalist tendencies. I really did love this, it was my favourite video they've uploaded this year so far, I adored it :love1:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

god i adored that video.
art in avatar by lily
planetkidlwt
tol bean

Phil's selfie this morning had everything I wanted a more, a quiff, glasses, relaxed smiles AND A DOG TOO?!? 15/10 (and the parallels with Dan's selfies with Colin had my heart swell)

I loved the first Press The Button video (probs one of my fave gaming videos from them) so I was happy to see them play it again, just the natural banter and discussion of the different scenarios, esp Dan rapping will.i.am's My Humps verse (as someone who remembers being OBSESSED with The Black Eyed Peas as a child thanks to my aunt, also loving them bc of the Filipino member they had, I had massive flashbacks to those days)

I watched Black Panther this afternoon (which was 10/10 loved it so much) and hearing the soundtrack Kendrick Lamar curated, I'm just wanting to hear Dan's thoughts about not only the movie and the soundtrack!! Gah is this yet another person pleading for a liveshow from em? Obviously!!

Also hoping there's a dinof video in the works we are WELL OVERDUE one!! I feel bc of the appropriate timing with all the Stop Speak Support stuff that happened last week I hope he's able to discuss that in a main channel video (however knowing Daniel he's trying to make it absolutely perfect and possibly overthinking it)
Stakhanov
haru pillow

It's the next morning but the video is still on my mind. I've got to wax poetic just a bit.

There's one moment that keeps making me daydream. I was shot right through the heart when Phil brings up the concrete bird story and tells us that Dan nearly teared up, and Dan kind of begrudgingly confirms that's what happened after the slightest of pauses, trying to change topics asap after saying he can't go back there.
Oh Dan, you're a man of my heart. The story really is quite sad if you look it up. It's hard not to anthropomorphize the bird's feelings and think about how we humans may be doing the same. Maybe with us it's not a concrete bird, but a British youtuber we invest so much in emotionally while he doesn't even know we exist and -if the gods truly are with us!- might at best reply to a comment we tweet.
But still, i can't help but like Dan more because of this story. It just shows to me that he's sensitive to the darker sides of the human condition, and that's a powerful thing to relate on. I hope, for their well-being, that they aren't feeling as lonely as that bird, and that they did find love.
Hopefully they will read some of the positive feedback and feel encouraged to go on even more tangents next time. It's hard to distinguish what is truly authentic from what might be good acting (inspired by the good moods they seemed to be in), but in any case "singing moments", mild physical violence and hearing some of their nerdy discussions on interesting subjects is why i'm here :)
liola
rankussy

That video saved my week. Saved my crops. I'm flourishing and thriving.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
liola
rankussy

Sorry to double post but I found this interesting

Phil liked this tweets of Joe They seem to get along quite well, can I hope for an episode with derpy and preppy? Please? :please: :waiting:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor