Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

(Credit: lavender—lester)

(credit: mediocre-masterpieces

Also, our application for new moderators is still open for a few more days so if you’d like to apply you can do so here
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Just replying to a few people, sorry it’s taken me so long I’ve been fecking so busy irl!
whatdoiknow wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:56 am @missemma : Had you met deppy before this interview? They seemed like they recognized you when the host called out your name for your question, but maybe I'm just imagining things. I know you've mentioned meeting them a few times though.
I had met them once before the iTunes thing! Don’t think they recognised me at all, maybe just looked at me wondering where my kids were haha!!
KatjaZoe wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:04 am (on being the oldest one there) For some reason this is something I'm really nervous for for when I go to TIIT? I think I'm going to feel quite awkward being 10ish years older than the large majority of the audience? All the teen screaming, I can feel the cringe now. Someone that went to TATINOF and is older -- was this an issue for you?
It really wasn’t an issue for me at all! I went to tatinof quite a few times in the end and honestly each time the age of people around me didn’t phase me at all. No one is looking at you they’re there for the same reason. In New York I went with 2 lovely ladies I met online and we were dancing (we were drunk) to all the songs before the show. Some people came up to us at the end and said how much they had loved watching us enjoy ourselves (we looked ridic I’m sure) which just made me realise how sweet people were. Just go and enjoy yourself, honestly no one cares about your age when you are there and you’ll enjoy the show so much you won’t even notice the audience.
autumnhearth
senpai

That is a really reassuring post to read missemma!

Also just wanted to share these newer Phabrege fan artworks as it’s the first page and thus is super on topic :sparkle: :phaberge: :sparkle:
Again sorry for how much space they take up, they just make me really happy.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

Oh please bring back the earrings, just for a day even :pls:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

If this is what tour-prep leads to, I hope he goes to bed soon :roll:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

A couple of replies that made me lift an eyebrow:
Is this a a sign that earrings are on their way back?
And wow, who could he possibly mean?
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:31 pm A couple of replies that made me lift an eyebrow:
the obvious answer is phil, but also: my first thought was babies/small children? they have friends with tiny humans, so it's not totally impossible that he would want to consider that.
annoying dog
crusty sponge

VengefulBlue wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:11 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:31 pm A couple of replies that made me lift an eyebrow:
the obvious answer is phil, but also: my first thought was babies/small children? they have friends with tiny humans, so it's not totally impossible that he would want to consider that.

My first thought was people on tour, lol
Last edited by annoying dog on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That could be - though I don't think they've seen Ian in a while, since Dan said they turned down the Manchester invite.
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

I have often wondered how they get SPON for some videogamew and now I wonder if Phil plays videogames and after a while he writes to the creators offering a video-spon. I think it's like that because, as far as I remember, all the SPON games are from Phil's account and he is already quite advanced in all of them.
smartcookie
drama llama

Huh, I immediately thought he meant himself, I can’t even count how many people throughout my life have commented how I could accidentally get stuck on something and pulling them out, taking my earlobe with them. But any other alternatives are just as plausible I’ve come to realise
everything sucks forever
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Salt wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:16 pm

My first thought was people on tour, lol
Yes same. I wasn’t thinking small babies or children but more girls with long hair getting caught in the hoop.
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

@Salt actually yeah, probably :lol:

@alittledizzy true, but louise is still friendly with them, yeah? baby pearl is a bit young to flail and grab earrings, but they'll probably meet her at some point when she's not so new :shrug: probably he did mean phil and/or fans

it's just cute to picture him holding a baby, big men and tiny children are my weakness
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I can’t see Dan in a hoop earring (sorry please don’t kill me) but if he could put those plain black studs back in both ears then I definitely will not complain!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

missemma wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:31 pm I can’t see Dan in a hoop earring (sorry please don’t kill me) but if he could put those plain black studs back in both ears then I definitely will not complain!
I actually can't either, which is why Dan saying gold hoops in that liveshow totally threw me! I'd be happier with the plain black studs back. (For all that I care about earrings, which is not very much.)
hello9217
flower crown

Ilovethemohyesido wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:25 pm I have often wondered how they get SPON for some videogamew and now I wonder if Phil plays videogames and after a while he writes to the creators offering a video-spon. I think it's like that because, as far as I remember, all the SPON games are from Phil's account and he is already quite advanced in all of them.
No I don't think thats it. I think the company emails deppy's manger offering them a spon deal-like we want them to play this game on their channel and will offer x amount of money. The manager let's deppy know and they, or phil, will most likely download it and see if it's actually game they could make a video on. I've seen a few other youtubers spon the Love Nikki game so it's not just dnp. Also the apps that they will show on the channel are going to have cheat codes enabled so that they can show everything on the app, i.e. in the Love Nikki one they had access to all the clothing and accessories, which would normally take a lot of playing through to get.

In the case of asking for spon deals: I have seen a couple of youtubers who have said they sometimes make a video showcasing a product and will email the company asking them if they want to spon them. So it does happen it's just not likely for deppy.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Today’s been a wild ride for me - PJ read and replied to one of my comments ( :blush: !!) in his doodle livestream so of course I ran to the app store to download an app to edit the screen recording I took of ~my moment~

ANYWAY.

Looks like Love Nikki is trending #1 on the iOS app store - at least on the search page anyway - and the app is now ranked at #2 in Family games. Either way, their spon looks like it definitely gave the game a huge boost. Damn, well done boys.

(eta: I haven't seen anyone else doing sponsored vids for this game, so I could be wrong in thinking they single handedly got this game trending, but still, their fan base and this games targeted audience def overlap quite a bit! I'd be interested to know how many people downloaded the game purely from seeing deps playing it. :shrug: )

Does anyone have any insight as to how much $$ they make off of spon vids like these?
Last edited by Ewok on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Ewok wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:39 pm Does anyone have any insight as to how much $$ they make off of spon vids like these?
Markiplier used to do spons and then donate the money to a charity and post a screenshot of the receipt. He got $10,000 for a mobile game video. His channel is a lot bigger, of course, but D&P have excellent audience interaction (likes/comments) which probably translates into a really good conversion rate (% who actually go and download the app).
I'd say something in that ballpark, maybe a bit lower. Also taxes and blabla, no idea about that.
hello9217
flower crown

Ewok wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:39 pm Today’s been a wild ride for me - PJ read and replied to one of my comments ( :blush: !!) in his doodle livestream so of course I ran to the app store to download an app to edit the screen recording I took of ~my moment~

ANYWAY.

Looks like Love Nikki is trending #1 on the iOS app store - at least on the search page anyway - and the app is now ranked at #2 in Family games. Either way, their spon looks like it definitely gave the game a huge boost. Damn, well done boys.

(eta: I haven't seen anyone else doing sponsored vids for this game, so I could be wrong in thinking they single handedly got this game trending, but still, their fan base and this games targeted audience def overlap quite a bit! I'd be interested to know how many people downloaded the game purely from seeing deps playing it. :shrug: )

Does anyone have any insight as to how much $$ they make off of spon vids like these?
I remember last year Tana Mongeau, sorry if spelled wrong, did a spon for best fiends and she got payed $20,000 and donated $13,000 to charity. She has less subscribers than deppy but it offers a good estimate to what they may get.
autumnhearth
senpai

Well why the heck did he put the gold hoops in our heads then?!
(I know he was probably just thinking out loud and then perhaps thought better of it.) I like studs better, but Dan can do whatever he wants with his ear holes.

And I um may have been playing Love Nikki today. It is a bit addictive, but I’ve promised not to spend any real money. :angel:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

hello9217 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:52 pm
Ewok wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:39 pm Today’s been a wild ride for me - PJ read and replied to one of my comments ( :blush: !!) in his doodle livestream so of course I ran to the app store to download an app to edit the screen recording I took of ~my moment~

ANYWAY.

I remember last year Tana Mongeau, sorry if spelled wrong, did a spon for best fiends and she got payed $20,000 and donated $13,000 to charity. She has less subscribers than deppy but it offers a good estimate to what they may get.
It will depend on how their deals are structured. I think some YouTubers get paid a single set fee, some a sliding fee based on views and some a combination including how many people used the link to download.
It's like how actors get paid for their work in a film, but some also get a share based on the film's take. It's all up to how well their manager negotiates and D&P's influence. I'd say their team is quite good so I'd estimate to the high end. Especially as some companies would want their influence/audience over a higher number of views with less downloads.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

Ewok wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:39 pm
I vaguely remember Dan and Phil got 10 000 for a game? I remember the amount but I can't recall what it was for.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Ilovethemohyesido wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:42 pm
Ewok wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:39 pm
I vaguely remember Dan and Phil got 10 000 for a game? I remember the amount but I can't recall what it was for.
They got 10,000 from Best Fiends and donated it to the charity red. I think when they did that there was a promotion with the app and the charity where you could buy a character and the money went to red. I think a lot of creators chose to donate their spon money to the charity at that time, or they were given money to give to charity and for the promotion. (Or maybe just charity money idk the specifics)
kalli
butt chair

I'm thought I was weird for not liking the idea of Dan wearing a hoop, but it seems a lot of us are on the same page. Honestly, I'm not that into the single gold hoop look he's mentioned on anyone. But I'm all for some simple studs and I think they suit him much more than a hoop would. It would be nice to see the black ones return, but if he wants to change it up and wear something more subtle, some small gold studs would be a good choice. Or if he wants a little pizzazz, black diamond earrings would be truly iconic.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

kalli wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:55 pm I'm thought I was weird for not liking the idea of Dan wearing a hoop, but it seems a lot of us are on the same page. Honestly, I'm not that into the single gold hoop look he's mentioned on anyone. But I'm all for some simple studs and I think they suit him much more than a hoop would. It would be nice to see the black ones return, but if he wants to change it up and wear something more subtle, some small gold studs would be a good choice. Or if he wants a little pizzazz, black diamond earrings would be truly iconic.
Oh my god honestly fuck the gold hoops, I'm starting a petition to get Dan in black diamonds. Thank you for that wonderful vision :)